The Troika And The Five Families

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum The Troika And The Five Families

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Esther Bubley Watching parade to recruit civilian defense volunteers, Washington DC 1943 Personally, like most of you, I always thought Germany, besid
    [See the full post at: The Troika And The Five Families]

Ceteris Paribus
    Participant

Amen, but the unravelling will be unpleasant. I hope it will be quick rather than slow, and we can salvage something from the wreck. And don’t think only the Southern members’ populations will be disaffected. Germans, Austrians etc. also have reason to be angry about this mess – the working population everywhere is being screwed for the benefit of ruthless bankers/politicians, not to forget the utterly corrupt mainstream media.

It gave me a bitter amusement to see how the latter had to turn on a dime when the relentless anti-Greek propaganda was countermanded from Washington at the eleventh hour. A few people are waking up in consequence of all these contradictions, but there is a lot of learned helplessness, not only in Greece.

seychelles
    Participant

Many Greeks would be killed if Greece leaves the EU/Euro now. Many more will be killed and there will be much more interim suffering when they opt to leave later. Why should they want to continue playing the masochist role in the EU S&M drama?
    Apparently the pain index is not high enough YET. Words like moral and fair are oxymoronic when dealing with the neoliberal crowd. They are taken as a sign of weakness and only result in a further tightening of the screws.

Lorenzo
    Participant

“The people here in Greece are being forced to pay for years for something they were never a part of, and that they never profited from. The profits all went to a corrupt elite.”
    Intuitively, this feels to me this is correct. Is there a comprehensive record of the details, events and activities, when and to whom?
    Thank you

Professorlocknload
    Participant

So, the Prince of Greece is found out to be just another corrupt politician. And to remember how so many went gaga over his election. As usual, the voters were only congratulating themselves for winning another ill-informed election. But, of course, after the fact, they point blame at their choice rather than at themselves for choosing.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

And yet they continue to consent to the institutions of government for solutions to all of their earthly problems by insisting that another election will fix everything.

You know the schtick, installing an alchemist in Athens who promises to turn water to wine,,,Nobel Peace Prize winning populists droning ME wedding parties and assassinating folks he doesn’t like, half way around the globe, sans the hassle of due process, yada,,,

Brings back thoughts of an old talk show host in San Francisco who used to answer callers who were under election season hypnotic trances with “Never fall in love with a politician, they’ll break your heart every time.” Lee Rogers

Sage Eurasian
    Participant

Sad how Raúl Ilargi Meijer, among last of the believers, remains obsessively desperate to make excuses for Syriza proven fake ‘hard left’ criminal frauds Tsipras & Varoufakis.

NOTHING the Troika did or threatened was new or unexpected, as statements by Varoufakis / Tsipras going back several years make clear. Varoufakis & Tsipras stole millions from hospital & health care funds & pension funds to pay banksters … Varoufakis & Tsipras spent € 500 billion on new armaments for Greek military while Greek citizens die from lack of medical care and go hungry … whilst Varoufakis & Tsipras knew years ago that Greece needed to ‘go Iceland’, default & leave the euro … something they blocked in loyalty to their oligarch paymasters, George Soros etc..

Tsipras & Varoufakis & the Troika ran a con game together … to continue to hide the bankruptcy of the ECB with its dodgy debt holdings, to hide from German & EU taxpayers that they will get hit big … the only ‘negotiation’ was what image each player is allowed in this drama … with Varoufakis now being set up as ‘alternative’ as Tsipras takes the heat for the Greek betrayal.

kaya
    Participant

excellent article once again

John Day
    Participant

It seems that there is a lack of understanding of what you stated so clearly about the trade offs between immediate harm and permanent slavery among the commentariat, Ilargi.
    It is being given the choice between prostituting your daughter or seeing your wife face death this week from a curable infection.
    One reason the elites hate Varoufakis so much is (as his dad says) “he is competent”. He is competent at playing at the highest level of risk for millions of people, about which he cares, against sociopaths, who constantly seek out the weakness of what their prey cares most about. Tsipras, a seemingly regular-guy is vulnerable when playing with sociopaths, and they know it well. It’s their game against Tsipras, isn’t it?
    Their game may have been disrupted enough to weaken their position a lot.
    The collapse of their system is inevitable. They expect it to happen their way.
    It probably won’t.

Glennda
    Participant

I mentioned that I had wishfully hoped that YV and Tsipras would leave the Euro and EU – he responded with this: (let us get your eye-witness report,largi).

“So I am wishful too. I wish that the 24-hour general strike the Greek public sector federation has called for tomorrow will be massively successful and signal a rising tide of resistance that will be taken up across Europe and smash this brutal third memorandum and those behind it. “

Ken Barrows
    Participant

I think we get the nonsense we get because Syriza sees leaving the Euro as “game over” and the Germans see forgiving debt as the same. So the saga drags on.

rapier
    Participant

Trolls out in force here. Unusual.

The offer they couldn’t refuse is the one every government now faces when there is a liquidity crisis. Without credit to pay this weeks and months bills there soon is no government. Acceding to the demands of the banks and their political agents is an existential necessity for governments. It’s all well and good to want to put up ones hand and say “enough” with the current system but there is no practical alternative system. Only anarchy or something akin to it.

VisionHawk
    Participant

There is an extraordinary opportunity here now for Europe – if the other member Nations were to stand with the underdog…..Greece.

Because if they don’t unite to nip German arrogance in the bud…..then what happens when it’s someone else’s turn? More back-turning?

A clear message needs to be sent…..NOW !!!

I do so hope this doesn’t stay a dream…….

SeanG
    Participant

Politicians from every Western Nation have for decades bought the ‘popular vote’ with taxpayer funded bribes such as over generous pensions, unemployment benefits, highly exploitable healthcare etc. Perhaps Syriza will come to be known as the first party to look the voters in the eye and tell them it is all unsustainable. Most western govts need to do this. Unfortunately we cant blame our politicians because any politician who tries to lead a nation away from these social freebies is voted out. We have ourselves to blame.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.