Debt Rattle April 30 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 30 2021

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    VietnamVet
    Participant

“Grieving the End of Progress” is excellent at illuminating the elephant in the room.

I’m amazed that I am not depressed. I am still in the bargaining phase although it is clear that denial and siloing makes finding the truth near impossible. WaPo found experts who said that Joe Biden’s speech to Congress was mask — social distance theater since vaccines make COVID-19 risk to participants nil. But this is not true. The Kentucky nursing home breakout with 22 vaccinated patients and workers becoming infected and one dying shows that the mRNA vaccines do not prevent super-spreader events.

Likewise, the spike in Israel Excess Deaths of over 65 who are 90% vaccinated that Doc Robinson linked to is concerning and unexplained.

In the USA, the only alternative to vaccination is isolation at home – avoiding the public – if you can afford it. Or denial and saying the hell with it. Ultimately all are not a viable when hospitalized. Today’s spike in cases in blue regions of Oregon and Washington State show that corporate global progressiveness has failed. For-profit vaccination and government that relies solely on it are failing. The US public health system must be nationalized and the USA put on a war footing to eradicate coronavirus and its variants.

Over a million persons have died in the Western Hemisphere in the pandemic. The present course will end up with South Asia, Europe and the Americas filled with sick and highly unequal States like Brazil with all the chaos that will bring.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Once again I feel it is worth mentioning that the reason that states like the USA, Brazil, Mexico, and India have been having the sort of problems they are having with the virus is because they are populous nations with vast wealth inequality and teeming masses of older poor people with chronic health problems.

Though one thing I have noticed is that when a Covid wave gets very intense, more young people will end up being hospitalized, so one might also conclude that the sort of immune system one has acquired from the genetic lottery also has something to do with how one fares in the event of a coronavirus pandemic. Based on the fact that I almost never get seriously sick despite being a type 2 diabetic, I believe I have been extraordinarily fortunate to end up with the immune system that I have.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.