Debt Rattle August 11 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 11 2020

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Joan Miró Caballo, pipa y flor roja (Horse Pipe and Red Flower) 1920   • FBI Director Wray Subpoenad For All Records Related to Crossfire Hurrica
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 11 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Full Moon Aug 3, Astypalea Island, Greece. Photo George Tsitouras.

As much as I like pipes; that photo is just swell.
    Wow, what a shot…that takes careful planning…

Huskynut
    Participant

Gorgeous moon photo..

“Mostly for the doctors amongst us (let’s hear you!), but a bit of good news for everyone”

I’ll see your good news and raise you some gloomy news..
    Queen Covid – she of the illustrious teeth, who shall be revered across the world as an example of leadership – has just announced Auckland will be going back into Level 3 restrictions tomorrow (schools closed etc), and the rest of NZ into Level 2..

Yep, we have cases! All four of them. Who’d have predicted that maintaining pristine isolation of NZ from the rest of the world couldn’t be maintained forever?! Announced at 9PM tonight and enacted by midday tomorrow. Precisely and exactly as bizarre and arbitrary as the recent flip-flops in UK policy.

Of course, this is totally sustainable (not) – executive governance by fiat and whim, with an entire country primed to pivot on a dime in response to the latest executive command. My phone just shrieked at me like there was an impending tsunami.. national emergency response!! Read the latest missive and panic everyone..

With the NZ election 6 weeks out, this will go one of two ways. Either a brief window of opportunity where worried people feeling the reasonable “what, again?” response are open to questioning, or double-down on the sheepdog compliance. I’m not betting either way.. I just can’t tell.

Next Monday is supposed to be the conference with international speakers like Sunetra Gupta, convened by the NZ Covid PlanB group which I was (am?) very much looking forward to. The way things are headed, a gathering of 150 people will be far too many, and the government will be “forced” to prevent it proceeding.

What utter, utter, utter, utter incompetence. Yay Jacinda……………

V. Arnold
    Participant

What utter, utter, utter, utter incompetence. Yay Jacinda……………

Just thank the gods you don’t have Trump…

oxymoron
    Participant

Husky, They are definitely going to double down on sheep-like compliance. She’s got celebrity spray on here now and people want to feel special.
    The photo is great and the moon is amazing but places without trees always make me feel a little sad and suspicious. I remember Bill Mollison saying years ago that based on available tree cover the population of Greece import oxygen from Macedonia – probably not true but at a certain point removing your natural resources becomes your problem and then you die – think easter island.
    Everyone thinks trade will save them till it doesn’t and trees are your nest egg par excellence – if your portfolio is just fish then you need to diversify

zerosum
    Participant

Only USA can do it right. Don’t believe the enemies. /s
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russia-registers-worlds-first-covid-19-vaccine-which-was-tested-putins-daughter
    “Of course, Russia’s playing fast and loose with the “rules” allowed the experimental vaccine to be tested on Russian “elites” as early as April.

The first doses of the vaccine will be reserved for health-care workers and other vulnerable parties, Putin said. Russia says it hopes the vaccine will be available for mass innoculation early next year.

Mr. House
    Participant

“Just thank the gods you don’t have Trump…”

Says the guy who doesn’t even live here anymore.

I didn’t vote for Trump or Hillary in 2016. The sad part is you can’t even be neutral in this country anymore. Honestly, the people who were against Obama were much more mature then those against Trump. I know they had some humdingers on citizenship and so forth, but everyone just viewed that as crazy uncle at thanksgiving (which i’m sure most of my family considers me). What has happened in the last 4 years is dangerous. It feels like i’ve been abducted by an insane religious cult and they’re about to force me to drink the poison coolaide. I don’t think you can come back from something like this. Its like that point when you’re dating someone and you’re in one of the many arguments you’ve been having over the past year, and then you say something you know you shouldn’t have said. Deepdown a little voice is saying in your head, welp its over. You can’t walk that one back buddy. That is what this feels like. You can’t have conversations with people, they refuse to see what they don’t want to see. I myself (not sure if i did this intentionally) have found that since 2016 i’ve been withdrawing from society. Its just not worth interacting with people who do not listen. People who were anti invasion of syria are now for it “because the kurds” even though they were against iraq. The world has been flipped upside down. Cats sleeping with dogs and mass hysteria.

Mr. House
    Participant

“forgive them father, they know not what they do”

makes way too much sense these days.

Mr. House
    Participant

Say what you will but Covid feels alot like TDS syndrome. We’re all susceptible to it, on some topics more then others. They know us too well. They’ve been studying how our minds work for how long now, not so much with the intent to help and alleviate suffering, but more so to be able to manipulate us. Make us into the people we “should” be.

Mr. House
    Participant

“I Wouldn’t Take It” – Former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb Trashes Russia’s ‘First-In-The-World’ COVID Vaccine

Take this headline as an example. If you say this about an american made vaccine, you’re a nutter. You’re just straight up crazy and prob an anti-vaxer. I’ve even heard that if you’re lucky to still have a job but refuse to take a vaccine you can be fired. But if you say this about a Russian vaccine you’re George Washington reincarnated.

Mr. House
    Participant
    Mr. House
    Participant

One last observation:

Just got back from my daily walk. Noticed a 200 lbs + woman walking her dog with a mask on. My first thought was isn’t obesity now being said to be one of the largest weakness to covid? Not that it won’t change to something else again in two weeks. Then it occurred to me! exercise is hard=responsibility wearing a mask is easy and gives the appearance of responsibility. That is how we need to view everything in todays world. If it requires work, sacrifice, responsibility, it won’t be done. If it doesn’t require that but gets virtue signaling points, it will be done. Apply that to anything going forward and you’ll have an easy answer that should be right 99.9 percent of the time.

Mr. House
    Participant

Russiagate was a test run, to see how stupid we are and how easily we fall for nonsense.

This is the main event.

Bill7
    Participant

Those Who Rule Us aren’t even hiding what they’re planning for us little people: ‘Welcome To 2030: I Own Nothing, Have No Privacy And Life Has Never Been Better’:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/worldeconomicforum/2016/11/10/shopping-i-cant-really-remember-what-that-is-or-how-differently-well-live-in-2030/#215030717350

No thank you..

-Bill7

THE COLOR OF CORONAVIRUS:
    COVID-19 DEATHS BY RACE AND ETHNICITY IN THE U.S.
    APM Research Lab.
    For what it’s worth. I haven’t finished reading it yet, but perhaps others might also find it interesting.
    Mr. House- CJ Hopkins is spot-on, as usual.

I wish someone would make some rules about the federal elections- like, no ballots after Nov3; counting will be tallied by the 10th, “winner” announced the 11th. I’d like to think that on this, at least, the partisan wall would cease to exist.
    I can dream, can’t I?

Perseids tonight!

zerosum
    Participant

Our generation raised a generation of “work smart” to avoid “work hard”.
    Work smart….(don’t do it. Get someone else to do it)
    Work hard …. ( just do what you are told by someone who works smart)
    A roomful of work smart people live in squalor

Mr. House
    Participant

HUZZAH FOR KAMALA!

as an FYI when i was growing up their was a wrestler named Kamala. His real name was James Harris and he died two days ago.

John Day
    Participant

A doctor comments on article about coronavirus antibodies (not to SARS-CoV-2)
    Pre-existing and de novo humoral immunity to SARS-CoV-2 in humans

Before novel coronavirus, there were generally 4 families of coronavirus in the world, with most places having 1-2 endemic strains, except the US, where all 4 old strains were endemic.
    This article says that coronavirus antibodies to old coronaviruses seem to be protective against SARS-CoV-2, though they do not attack or block it;s unique (genetically engineered) binding site to ACE-2 receptors.

When they gave antibodies to hospitalized patients from other-coronavirus convalescents, they had similar anti-SARS-CoV-2 activity to serum/antibodies from SARS-CoV-2 convalescents.
    (That is really NOT a very sensitive measure of activity!)
    I wish us all well, of course.

In related News, the State of Uttar PradeshTaj Mahal state) changes hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin first-line recommendation to Ivermectin/Doxycycline, based upon results obtained. Thanks Marjorie!

Northern Indian State of Uttar Pradesh Drops Hydroxychloroquine & Replaces with Ivermectin for COVID-19 Patients

I prescribed ivermectin/doxycycline to a sick husband and wife today, and provided them with zinc to take 3 times per day for a week, to go with it, which I managed to obtain earlier in the summer, after a long wait

Huskynut
    Participant

@JohnDay
    I’ve been wondering whether some of the low rates of Covid in tropical countries such as Thailand, Vietnam etc are due to the prophylactic effects of some of these drugs when prescribed for other illnesses (eg malaria).
    I dropped my research into this as hydroxychloroquine seems to have been widely abandoned as an anti-malarial due to reduced efficacy from exposure/tolerance by mosquitoes. But if doxycycline and other similar drugs also demonstrate efficacy against SARS-Cov-2, do you think this might be an avenue worth investigating further?

sumac.carol
    Participant

Interesting that doxycycline(an antibiotic) is effective against a virus -I wonder how that works?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Interesting that doxycycline(an antibiotic) is effective against a virus -I wonder how that works?

Good catch; second you on how that works?

₿oogaloo
    Participant

I think that is to treat the secondary infections that attack diseased tissue, particularly in the lungs

I wonder why an anti-helminth (parasitic worms) drug works against a coronavirus. HCQ is also an anti parasitic drug. Maybe this says something about what we are really dealing with here.
    At least HCQ is for treating a blood parasite.

Kamala. Ugh.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.