Debt Rattle August 9 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 9 2021

Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    John Day
    Participant

@Upstate NYer: I couldn’t resist replying to your NC mention and the chicken-planting with that song by Southern Culture On The Skids, a genius band, who know their way around trailer parks and dirt track racing. 🙂

Bill7
    Participant

I’ve always liked “y’all”. With my relatives it was “yuns”, which is also nice.
    Both included-until-shown-otherwise words..

Bill7
    Participant

Another wondrous Magritte, though saying so might get one thrown into the new WrongThink Gulag.

oh well

actually this is the best one.

those darned kids
    Participant

I’m Vaccinated And Still Got COVID-19. Here’s What A Breakthrough Case Is Like.

[no links allowed] go to huffypuffypost if you dare…

this is insane! he blames the deplorable nonvaxx alabama residents for the covid that he says in the article was transmitted through his entire entirely vaccinated family.

but the vaccine reduced his symptoms from two weeks last year to two weeks this year and may have stopped some transmission amongst everybody in his family who got sick.

upstateNYer
    Participant

@absolute: take ivermectin prophylactically, it can’t hurt if there’s spread taking place in your community.

I have more faith in longer-term natural immunity following infection than what the blather-ers are blathering on about based on baseless studies based on a pcr test the cdc is now pulling because it’s inaccurate and doesn’t differentiate flu from covid. Since no data has been accurate in the past 18 months, why believe the blather-ers blathering on about duration of natural immunity following infection? Aren’t these the same blather-ers who are pushing the vaxx??

Your observation is interesting, “we are woefully unprepared physically, spiritually, mentally …”

I think our biggest problem is being spiritually unprepared. This is not to say we “lost religion”, whatever that would mean. This is to say we lost touch. @russell’s comment yesterday, from a farmer’s perspective, said it all. We have so mechanized everything, including ourselves, and thereby distanced ourselves from the source of life itself, nature and the earth, we cower in the face of death.

Case in point … despite the fact my mother and her husband are in their mid 80s and have lived a long life, discussion with family members yesterday focused on drastic measures to keep them alive for – I don’t know – forever? How about we bag that idea, let them relax for the time left, and let the cards fall as they may?

Nature bats last. Until we quit fighting it, we’ll learn nothing but how to be on the losing team.

upstateNYer
    Participant

darned kids: quit torturing yourself with huffpo

upstateNYer
    Participant

John Day, what’s that you say about trailer parks and dirt track racing? Wth. I’ve live in a trailer park and gone to lots of dirt track races. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. 😉

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Dr. D

Bangkok is about 12 million people and they are having a hell of a time stopping the spread of the virus.
    There are closures and a curfew (9pm – 4am; country wide)…
    …as to shortages? Nothing too serious yet, as far as I know.
    We’re about 86K west of BKK and no shortage I’m aware of; but that’s a pretty narrow view of things.
    There are reported cases in our village, but only one person we know has got it…so far.
    At least I was able to get some IVM before being robbed of $150 USD on a subsequent re-order…
    These are insane times and we are keeping a very low profile as much as possible…so far, so good…

upstateNYer
    Participant

darned kids: “i’ve long thought that if everybody copied and pasted the arabic script for “d i r t e e b o m m*” or sundry key words (again, better in arabic) somewhere in every email, the whole nsa knowledge sucker would get clogged faster than london’s sewers get clogged …”

Absolutely stellar idea. (Not to mention hilarious.) Wonder how we could launch something like that? Need an originating source with lots of contacts so it spreads quickly, otherwise a handful of people would wind up in jail needing legal aid. Someone like, perhaps … Joe Rogan? He’s got lots of followers …

upstateNYer
    Participant

V Arnold, hang in there. 🙂 Been there, done that here in NY where we decided for some reason to be ground zero (case/death wise) for the entire US. It’s pretty impossible to stop the spread of an aerosol virus so bag that concept. It was everywhere here, back then, even in my little village grocery store. Take supplements, use the ivermectin as a prophylactic.

Oh, I did notice the virus is very good about following curfews. So stay home between 9 pm and 4 am and it will help keep that nasty little bugger at bay. 😉

absolute galore
    Participant

upstateNYer: Since no data has been accurate in the past 18 months, why believe the blather-ers blathering on about duration of natural immunity following infection? Aren’t these the same blather-ers who are pushing the vaxx??

No. That’s what was puzzling, and led to my comment about totally opposite statements from the same “side”–in this case the people who are questioning the vaccines are at the same time claiming that natural immunity only lasts 6 months or so. Check out that Eric Topol interview a couple of pages back.

I don’t think I ever got it, though my ex claimed she had it. She got a positive test. She slept for a day or two. That’s about it. Our 11-year old son went back and forth between us. She wanted him to wear a mask around me. I said uh uh. I pray some of the truth about these vaccines breaks through to the msm. Otherwise she is taking him for the jab on his birthday this fall.

Another thing that irks (and I may have mentioned it) I volunteered to go around delivering groceries to people in the early months–including, it turned out, perfectly healthy people 30 years younger than me–when the streets were practically empty and everyone thought they might die.I even had to drop some groceries at the end of driveways so long I could not see the freaking house. Now those same people that I delivered to are demonizing me for not getting vaxxified.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

* Why did the chicken cross the road?

==Mr. Roboto: Well, the chickens might have been genetically engineered to cross the road, because you hear about them crossing the road so much that you really have to wonder what’s up with that. On the other hand, recent statistics would appear to indicate that a lot of chickens cross the road because they’re scared by loud noises and just trying to get away. But the way those statistics were collected was kind of dodgy, so I’m not even sure about that. Maybe I should do a Tarot card reading about it. But I’ve been so anxious lately that I’m not sure the reading would be any good….

those darned kids
    Participant

upstate: it was a reconnaissance mission.

upstate: thanks. i thought of this idea in 2002, when i realized the nsa must be vacuuming up everything. i was ridiculed as a conspiracy theorrorist (oh, my! i beat the cia to that one!) for saying such thoughts, and so i kept my idea to myself. i bet if we can get joe rogan to interview eddie snowden about this, clog we will.

those darned kids
    Participant

* Why did the chicken cross the road?

= = tdk*: why did the road cross the chicken?

* i wasn’t gonna get involved – although i thoroughly enjoyed m.c.’s post (no dr. fausti?!), i clog these pipes with enough off topic. but, mr. roboto provided the above and i…

Mister Roboto
    Participant

….But last night I had this dream where I was lost on the county highways in central Wisconsin and a chicken from somebody’s farm was following me. What do you think that means? Maybe chickens cross the road because they’re lost too, and so they just follow somebody and cross the road with them until that person finds a gas station!

John Day
    Participant

@Upstate NYer: Sister, I love the band, have their albums on Vinyl, including a picture disc of Ditch Digging, and used to go catch them at Liberty Lunch, when Austin was still Austin. I bought a SCOTS Southern Culture On The Skids Racing Team t-shirt. They are brilliant, and I was not being snyde. I can sing their songs. Rockabilly surf guitar with Frank Zappa’s eye for humanity (though a touch gentler).
    I’m singing along with this one. I have friends who live in trailers, smart friends who live in trailers.

John Day
    Participant

Most times a chicken is just not interested in the road, unless something edible got dropped on it. Sometimes a chicken uses up the pecking on one side of the road, and wants to peck, and not peck the road, so pecking chicken crosses to peck “the other side” as we conceptualize it..
    Later, chicken crosses to get to coop before dark, when the coons come out.
    Coons eat chickens. Chickens often sense that danger.

those darned kids
    Participant

recall that schrödinger’s chicken tells us the chicken may be both to AND fro, i.e. simultaneously on both sides of the road, all depending on whether the random falling boulder has caused the coyote to release the bird seed on the near or far side of the road. as the observer can only can only watch until the end of the cartoon, the outcome is void where prohibited.

Farmer McGregor
    Participant

So why did the chicken cross the road?
    Years ago we believed it was because the chicken was stapled to a punk rocker.
    But a recent chicken interview has revealed that it was simply that she heard that there was some guy over there laying bricks and just had to see that for herself.

Loved how TDK explained why he misspelled “d i r t e e b o m m” by spelling it correctly.

@TAE Summary: You are simply awesome.

thomasjkenney
    Participant

RE: the tree, the old man in the cave says ‘fire-resistant’ and much of the overall description sounds a lot like a coastal Live Oak. We have olives all over CA, but usually cultivated, decorative or feral, so it’s not usually a news item if an olive tree burns. My experience with oaks (now that I’ve lived long enough to observe these changes) is that the whole area can get razed to ash, with just a blackened stump, and within 5 years there is a crown of new foliage. The picture above shows much unburned material about. Lacking disturbance of the site, it should recover, though consigned to shrubbery status for a while. It also leads me to wonder how old some of the oaks I’ve seen really are.

I took this picture on a slope that had burned about 5 years previous. The pines are a mix of ponderosa, douglas fir and white fir. All of those are dead, but some ponderosa and white fir are sprouting. The smaller greens are various wildflowers, the bigger patches are interior Live Oak, with the dead branches poking out the top. Most of the oaks are now, 5 years again, about 2m high and bright green with new vegetation, despite the drought.

absolute galore
    Participant

Fauci says ‘hopefully’ making young kids wear masks won’t have ‘lasting negative impact’
    Delta variant is filling up pediatric hospitals and seems more threatening, Fauci said

Fauci: “Now we’re tracking that, the CDC is tracking that really very carefully, so it’s going to be a balance that we would feel very badly if we all of a sudden said OK, kids, don’t wear masks, then you find out retrospectively that this virus in a very, very strange and unusual way is really hitting kids really hard,” he continued. “But hopefully, this will be a temporary thing, temporary enough that it doesn’t have any lasting negative impact on them.”

this virus in a very, very strange and unusual way is really hitting kids really hard. Dr.Fauci, can we ask you to translate that into your native tongue? You know, Science? Go ahead, we’ll wait.

ctbarnum
    Participant

So, now that we’re all wondering why the chicken crossed the road.

Chicken Nuggets.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

those darned kids:

I think history has taught us that every single one of us can become an authoritarian.

I don’t think that history means what you think it means 😉

Michael Mitchell: 65-year-old “Braveheart” actor receives both Sinovac injections, then third Pfizer “booster” shot, dead six days later – The COVID Blog

Michael Mitchell: 65-year-old “Braveheart” actor receives both Sinovac injections, then third Pfizer “booster” shot, dead six days later

KTLA (I monitor local mass psychosis) ran a story about sheeple engaging in deceitful practices to obtain extra jabs, lying about having gotten previously jabbed, like addicts.

There’s going to be a LOT fewer humans before this is over…

₿oogaloo
    Participant

At least I was able to get some IVM before being robbed of $150 USD on a subsequent re-order…

Whoa. What happened? I finally got my Revolut card working, and just placed two orders, one for myself and one for family in the USA. Did you have a customs problem in Thailand?

thomasjkenney
    Participant

The Saker appears to have joined the “I HOPE YOU DIE!” crowd:

My bet is that in 1-2 years the anti-vaxx hysteria will die down again, and that the majority of those who now say “never! never! over my dead body!” will quietly get vaxxed, and the few who won’t will have a self-inflicted and rather shitty life which, of course, is their right!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Boogaloo

Whoa. What happened? I finally got my Revolut card working, and just placed two orders, one for myself and one for family in the USA. Did you have a customs problem in Thailand?

No, no customs problems; the company took my money, but never shipped the goods…
    My first order (Ivermectine) with that company came through in 8 days; the second order was never shipped and they cut all communication…
    Go figure…

ctbarnum
    Participant

@those darned kids

“I think history has taught us that every single one of us can become an authoritarian.”

Not just history, but also through Zimbardo, but I think it also identifying with roles often explains our “powerlessness” that leads to learned helplessness.

phoenixvoice
    Participant

Ooh…chickens. I like chickens. Silly little busybodies. Tomorrow I’ll return home and see my hens again, lol.

Why did the chicken cross the road?
    Because she and her sister were ‘splorin’ and the greens over there looked mighty good.
    (I had a pair of white brahmas do that once.)

@ absolute galore — do you not at least have joint medical decision making for your child?

My ex broached the subject in an email a couple of weeks back. I simply responded that I would not support the kids getting vaccinated against Covid at this time. If he wants to pursue it further, that requires mediation and/or court.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

The Saker appears to have joined the “I HOPE YOU DIE!” crowd:

Just in case anyone had any doubt that reactionary authoritarians are every bit as noxious as “libtard” authoritarians. 😉

Oroboros
    Participant

All human ‘economics’ is merely a sub, subset of Ecology, which itself is a subset the laws of thermodynamics.

The study of energy transformation and entropy is The Heart of Darkness.

It predates life itself.

Solar systems, galaxies, blackholes, all followed the paths of energy transformation embodied in thermodynamics.

We know some but are probably missing a few tricks of thermodynamics.

Is light the fastest thing in the universe? Maybe, maybe not.

Dmitry Orlov’s book Shrinking the Technosphere was IMHO a continuation of Ivan Illict’s ideas proposed in his book Energy and Equity (Ideas in Progress)

Like Orlov and his Technosphere, Nate Hagens also proposed human enterprise as a Super-organism, an energy hungry giant amoeba whose only goal is More.

Raul’s “we can change as individuals but not as a group” alludes to the same mechanism.

Human groups of any size have a mind of their own.

None of us are as stupid as all of us.

But that quickly degenerates into Teamwork, it’s OK to leave them to die.

Oroboros
    Participant

All human ‘economics’ is merely a sub, subset of Ecology, which itself is a subset the laws of thermodynamics.

The study of energy transformation and entropy is The Heart of Darkness.

It predates life itself.

Solar systems, galaxies, blackholes, all followed the paths of energy transformation embodied in thermodynamics.

We know some but are probably missing a few tricks of thermodynamics.

Is light the fastest thing in the universe? Maybe, maybe not.

Dmitry Orlov’s book Shrinking the Technosphere was IMHO a continuation of Ivan Illict’s ideas proposed in his book Energy and Equity (Ideas in Progress)

Like Orlov and his Technosphere, Nate Hagens also proposed human enterprise as a Super-organism, an energy hungry giant amoeba whose only goal is More.

Raul’s “we can change as individuals but not as a group” alludes to the same mechanism.

Human groups of any size have a mind of their own.

None of us are as stupid as all of us.

But that quickly degenerates into Teamwork, it’s OK to leave them to die.

But that quickly degenerates into Teamwork, it’s OK to leave them to die. .” alt=”.” />

Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.