Debt Rattle February 20 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 20 2022

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Formerly T-Bear

Belatedly; happy to see you posting once again…keep on keeping on…

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

V. Arnold above
    I thought you might be interested in the Arnolfini picture, that it generated another work of art in an unrelated form – literature. The author made a journey through the painting and the artefacts contained contriving their story, or history, or importance to the portraiture. I merely pointed out a few of the objects I had recalled (having read the work some quarter century ago). It intent was to try to get the observer to use their eyes to see for themselves what was before them. I failed. The woman’s dress showed little or no unambiguous sign of the body underneath, only face and hands gave medical indication of the woman’s estate, the bulging dress provided only an assumption of estate that may or may not have been indicative. Boscohorowitz kindly provided the image of the mirror enlarged, removing the eye’s exercise in seeing it as part of the painting but did give the detail it contained unambiguously. The book created a kaleidoscope of those details, treated in differing styles or manners, taken together weave a word tapestry that equals the pictorial version. The book is one of the treasures in my library that I thought to share with your interest in art.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Formerly T-Bear

I went back to look at Bosco’s post (the mirror) and to look again at the Arnolfini picture.
    I missed a lot; probably have no business commenting on art works…
    Appreciate you pointing out the details; mayhaps you should be the one critqueing the daily art offerings…;-)

V. Arnold
    Participant

critiquing…
    My spelling sucks also… 😉

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

@ V.Arnold
    Not me, I’m not the one seeing these things for the first time, you are. It just happens the Arnolfini portrait is a moment in time and place, the “Shamrock Tea” is a journey through time, space and perspective from a master storyteller. One augments the other but that is only my conclusion from my interpretation from my unique experience with these artists. It applies to no other and may limit another’s appreciation if given authority. Would prefer not going there if possible; leave that to those who know all about everything.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Formerly T-Bear
    It applies to no other and may limit another’s appreciation if given authority. Would prefer not going there if possible; leave that to those who know all about everything.

Well, that leaves me out (thank goodness); still a student in all things human and not human…
    Thanks for the feed-back…
    Cheers

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

Thanks for the chance to give voice to my opinion in conversation, not speaking at but talking with, an art sadly disappearing from current discourse, now given to eye caca provided all to easily by the social medias, fb, twits, YT, etc., all displacing the capacity to effectively communicate. YMMV

SeaBirds
    Participant

test

SeaBirds
    Participant

test2

SeaBirds
    Participant

Schwab-Ardern
    Test3

V. Arnold
    Participant

Formerly T-Bear

Thanks for the chance to give voice to my opinion in conversation, not speaking at but talking with, an art sadly disappearing from current discourse, now given to eye caca provided all to easily by the social medias, fb, twits, YT, etc., all displacing the capacity to effectively communicate. YMMV

You are most welcome; since it takes two to Tango I’ll pass on half the credit to you sir…
    Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.