Debt Rattle February 26 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 26 2018

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Lewis Wickes Hine Hot day, East Side, New York 1908   • The Albatross of Debt – Part 2 (David Stockman) • Day Of Reckoning Nears with Record $650
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 26 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The financials alone, should piss off the people to the point of revolution; but no.
    Just sit by and let the galoots run rampant throughout society and destroy the last vestiges of wealth owned by the lowest classes of the democratic society of the U.S. of A.
    Fuck all; fuck em all!
    But, it’s really, fuck US all and eat shit!
    Democracy at its finest…

Dr. D
    Participant

Mises, solved it for you: the U.S isn’t growing, it’s now collapsing at a slightly lower rate.

If every single thing weren’t falsely reported, animal, vegetable, and mineral, you might have noticed.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Oh, but I did notice. When one identifies lies (which I do) then, the subject of those lies become the tell; of what’s really happening.
    Been going on for decades (late 80’s) and now doubling down.
    The U.S. military is the most expensive, least capable, fraud on the world at large; going to bite us in the ass.
    Or; the U.S. enjoins a first use policy on nukes; because it can’t win with conventional arms.
    That alone is proof of a second class military losing its edge in front of the world.
    Buckle up; interesting times ahead…

Nassim
    Participant

“The Exponent Problem Of Running Other People’s Lives (Gore) ”

This guys has obviously never been in a position to manage or rule over others. It is the easiest thing that one can imagine. Most people just love to be told what to do and what to think. The ones who cause trouble and try to correct you get cast aside.

There is plenty of empirical evidence that people like CEO’s have much less stressful lives than their underlings. They live longer, are happier and have far more sex.

“All living presidents have either already exceeded the estimated life span of all US men at their age of inauguration or are likely to do so.”

Aging of US Presidents

zerosum
    Participant

I need a Buyback clarification.

“… households and institutions (insurers and pension funds) have sold a net US$672 billion and US$1.2 trillion respectively over the same period, …”

Does this mean that they sold/liquidated some of the stocks/investments that they had so that they have cash to meet their outflow obligations/requirements.

If so, then I would think that this would be a good thing because their remaining stock/investments is going up and the future dividends would be going up.

Chris M
    Participant

Zerosum,

You might argue that is a fringe benefit of stock buybacks.

But…why are these companies so gung-ho about stock buybacks in the first place?

As long as I’m asking questions, what was or is the goal of the Jews having their own country in the Middle East? What’s their over-arching objective? I have my own opinions, but would like to hear from our resident scholars.

Nassim
    Participant

“Does this mean that they sold/liquidated some of the stocks/investments that they had so that they have cash to meet their outflow obligations/requirements.”

Yes

“If so, then I would think that this would be a good thing because their remaining stock/investments is going up and the future dividends would be going up.”

Not quite. The shares are only going up because there are fewer of them – that is what happens when companies buy back their own shares (largely illegal in UK). The actual value of the company does not change. It is a chimera.

Can a company buy its own shares?

It is largely illegal in the UK because it allows management to manipulate the stock price. In The USA, it is what companies like IBM have been doing for decades. The share price of IBM might be 12 times what it was in 1993, but the company is not a shadow of its former self. 🙂

Nassim
    Participant

“Eastern Ghouta Crisis: The West’s Hypocrisy Knows No Bounds (SCF) ”

How did terrorists in East Ghouta get highly expensive US-made weaponry?

There can be only one answer. These things are hugely expensive at $450,000 apiece

Nassim
    Participant

“what was or is the goal of the Jews having their own country in the Middle East? What’s their over-arching objective?”

It was originally a non-Jewish plan. The British wanted to have a buffer in the Middle East and sending lots of poor Jews there was a bonus. The English had expelled the Jews centuries before – and confiscated their property. The Spanish did something similar. The Arabs never did.

Zionism was a creation of the British Foreign Office. They financed the first Zionist newspaper in London. The Jews who had recently arrived there from the Russian Empire, Imperial Germany and the Austro-Hungarian Empire were not interested and the paper was eventually wound up.

You must remember that the Jews in the UK and France are not homogeneous. Not all Jews are equal. The ones who had been wealthy for generations – they owned the cotton mills of Manchester and they had a monopoly on the cotton of Egypt – went into banking in a big way. Pretty well all important British politicians prior to 1914 were owned by Jewish bankers. The father of Winston Churchill was assumed to be a prime minister in the making (he made the number 2 job) but died of syphilis. His estate owed Jewish bankers the equivalent of £5m. Just one example.

Winston Churchill maintained the magnificent palace of Blenheim – by writing books and on his parliamentary salary. 🙂

All of them – Salisbury, Balfour (of the infamous Balfour Declaration), Edward Grey, Lloyd George etc. were either in debt to these wealthy Jews or they were subject to blackmail. Lloyd George was subject to blackmail and went along with the launching of WW1 – totally against the wishes of his supporters. Some wealthy Jews were totally against the whole Palestine project and made their views known – they knew that it was a trap long-term.

The irony of the whole thing is that the Old Testament is largely a fairy tale and most of the stories were taken from older cultures. The real “promised land” is in the area called today North Yemen. The Jews never escaped from Egypt. Egypt had kings and queens – not pharaohs. There is not one iota of evidence that king David or king Solomon were ever in the place that is today called Jerusalem.

Nassim
    Participant

Here is a bit about the most famous British Jew who opposed Zionism

Edwin Samuel Montagu

Here is some of what he had to say about it:

“I assume that it means that Mahommedans [Muslims] and Christians are to make way for the Jews and that the Jews should be put in all positions of preference and should be peculiarly associated with Palestine in the same way that England is with the English or France with the French, that Turks and other Mahommedans in Palestine will be regarded as foreigners, just in the same way as Jews will hereafter be treated as foreigners in every country but Palestine. Perhaps also citizenship must be granted only as a result of a religious test.”

It goes without saying that he was entirely correct.

seychelles
    Participant

I don’t think you can begin to understand contemporary problems in the Middle East without knowing some history about Eastern Europe and the Ottoman Empire from about 1800 through the end of World War I. It certainly is not going to be discussed by MSM and is totally ignored in the US educational system. A careful and critical reading of two books can be helpful in filling in some of the knowledge void: “A Peace to End All Peace” by David Fromkin and “Jews in Poland: The Rise of Jews as a Nation from Congressus Judaicus in Poland to the Knesset in Israel” by Iwo Cyprian Pogonowski contain much useful information.

Nassim
    Participant

“I don’t think you can begin to understand contemporary problems in the Middle East without knowing some history about Eastern Europe and the Ottoman Empire from about 1800 through the end of World War I.”

Quite correct. I would go a bit further and say that dumbing down the population is why history is no longer taught at school.

The most rational explanation as to how the First World War came about is to be found here:

Hidden History: The Secret Origins of the First World War

WW2 was really a continuation of WW1. And the ongoing WW3 is going to be a continuation of WW2.

oxymoron
    Participant

Great info Nassim. The comments here at TAE often have real gems and I am grateful to be in the midst of people who actually research and make up their own minds.
    Thanks again people.

seychelles
    Participant

Thanks for the heads-up, Nassim. This one passed through my book net. And I think your comment about WWIII is apt.

Chris M
    Participant

Nassim and Seychelles,

Yup. Agitate. Rinse. Repeat.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.