Debt Rattle January 12 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 12 2017

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Matisse Icarus 1944 • Trump Slams BuzzFeed As “Failing Pile Of Garbage”, CNN As “Fake News” (ZH) • Scorching Press Conference Shows Trump Won’t Have A
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 12 2017]

John Day
    Participant

I postulate that Donald Trump is intimately aware of the analysis presented by Kyle Bass.
    For Bass to present this information so thoroughly now (after alluding to “big opportunity” recently) means that all his positions are taken, and he is “talking his book”.
    Let’s also presume that Bass is right.
    We have been hearing this story of Chinese banking having vast leverage and hidden losses for over 5 years, already.
    But when does the crash happen? Chinese government authorities exercise a lot of overt and covert control. The fact that more of it becomes overt means it is strained.
    Trump’s talk is to pushing what is soon to fall.
    “China saved global finance” was one of the 2009 -2011 themes. By 2011 we were getting stories about unprecedented credit expansion and shadow-banking.
    If 2017 is the year that global finance experiences the “second leg down” of 2008, then laying the blame on China will be an important battle for western banking, and US hegemonic interests.
    A lot of interests, everywhere, are on the “wrong side” of any such event.
    Poor Mr. Soros has lost $1 billion since the US election, I read.
    The whole of the reset has been delayed since 2008, by promising away all the rosy future scenarios that anyone can imagine.
    How are populations going to be fed, watered, clothed, housed and create ways to constructively and cooperatively employ their talents for the common welfare and support of their societies?
    I recommend growing vegetable gardens, while this gets figured out. Expect the first year to be way more work than you ever thought, with meager production, The next year is not really less work, but more satisfaction of reduced expectations, and better systemic understanding of watering, mulching and other garden-ecosystem support. Third year garden is refining the ecosystem, which is largely in the living soil. https://www.johndayblog.com/2016/07/liberty-garden-central-texas-climate.html
    Vegetable gardening helps the human being and small working group to put things in a useful context and build a new economy from there.

zerosum
    Participant

Only important news

https://sputniknews.com/society/201701101049453073-istanbul-cold-weather-animal-shelter/
    According to Turkish media, a shopping center in the area of Bakırköy, specializing primarily in the sale of food and textile products, opened its doors to homeless animals turning the center into a makeshift animal shelter.

zerosum, good. my neighbors across the street in Athens feed the stray cats everyday, care for them.
    john day, i’m not convinced Trump is aware of any of this

Nassim
    Participant

Low water cripples Venice’s gondolas

I remember well in 1968 the big fuss that was made because of the Venice flood. A big rescue attempt was undertaken at great expense.

Since then – despite assurances that the sea levels were rising and that Venice was sinking – it seems that the lagoons don’t have enough water in them.

Obviously, I am missing something so can someone please clarify for what exactly is going on?

Nassim
    Participant

“Tillerson had interesting views on climate change too. Yeah, he has a mind of his own, not a blind Trump follower. Does that surprise anyone? Certainly not Trump”

Tillerson and I have a couple of things in common: we are both civil engineers and we both worked for Exxon. I hasten to add that I got out of civil engineering as quickly as possible and that my only work for Exxon was to help them modify their European refinery software for the year 2000.

Here is another – very different – take on his “climate change” stance

Tillerson: Climate change not ‘imminent national security threat’

I suspect that he is much more of a political animal than his predecessor. He does not believe in Global Warming – not as espoused by the IPCC in any case – and that he is trying to avoid controversy so as to get the job.

It goes without saying that as soon as the money funding “climate change research” is actually used for “scientific climate change research” that the whole story will fall apart. El Niño has come to an end and the transfer of heat from the oceans to the atmosphere is reversing. Additionally, the sun is very inactive which affects longer term trends.

Highest Solar Activity In 4000 Years Just Ended…Cooling Begins In 2025

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.