Debt Rattle January 8 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 8 2015

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

DPC Old Absinthe House, bar, New Orleans 1906 • Most Americans Are One Paycheck Away From The Street (MarketWatch) • Ron Paul On Paris Attack: Bad For
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 8 2015]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Gods be good; how the hell do you keep going on this insanity Ilargi?
    I can barely muster the strength to follow the crazy…

Professorlocknload
    Participant

“Fed Bullish on US Recovery”

The only article on your list that is pertinent to the state of affairs here. The Fed is the economy now. It is all denominated in the Fed’s private currency. All will be the way the Fed wants it.

Or, looked at another way, the Fed can simply buy the debt and burn it, in a grand reset, with the announcement of a new currency, as a worst case scenario. Until then, it will continue to redistribute what’s left of assets to it’s friends and liabilities to it’s foes.

Bottom line. The Fed is too big to fail!

Nassim
    Participant

“Who profits from killing Charlie?
    By Pepe Escobar ”

https://www.atimes.com/atimes/World/WOR-01-080115.html

Quite a coincidence that this should happen a few days after France recognizes Palestinian statehood and Hollande demands the winding down of sanctions against Russia.

Dirty games are going on.

nifa
    Participant

Please Ilargi look carefully at this as Nassim above said. there are clear videos and circumstances that clearly indicate this is rigged, a sort of coup d’etat with participation from part of itself and an ouerorganisatin in which it’s country benfit most.
    Best

V. Arnold
    Participant

I’m with the Saker;
    https://vineyardsaker.blogspot.com/

I am NOT Charlie or any of their ilk. I found their cartoons disgusting and wrong as two left shoes; totally devoid of taste.
    To be clear, they did not deserve to die.

Nassim
    Participant

Personally, I am very much an enemy of the Wahabis, because they are the enemies of civilisation, history, culture and other religions and sects. They are hypocrites who impose a lifestyle on their own population that they do not adhere to with rampant prostitution, concubinage, alcohol and drug abuse. This enmity is a purely defensive mechanism on my part.

The rulers of Saudi Arabia are Wahabis and they are very much in cohorts with their counterparts in America and Israel. The cooperation of the ruling classes of these three countries is complete. Saudi Arabia and the other Sheikdoms are the only Arabic-speaking countries that Israel has not tried to undermine.

I put these stupid cartoons about Muhammad in the same category as drawing a swastika on a synagogue. To put it mildly, it is rude, offensive and racist. The fact that this weekly seems to be able to support such a large staff suggests that it has quite a circulation, which tells you something about today’s France. Ten per cent of France’s population are Muslim. Just imagine the reaction you would get if you tried printing Nazi propaganda in France where Jews are under 1% of the population.

“Charlie Hebdo will publish one million copies next week with help from Google-backed fund ”

https://www.theverge.com/2015/1/8/7514251/charlie-hebdo-will-publish-one-million-copies-next-week-with-help

Of course, Google is run by Sergey Brin and Larry Page. The former is was a Russian Jew and the latter was born in the USA of a Jewish mother. Hardly disinterested IMHO.

Raleigh
    Participant

Nassim – great Escobar article you posted. “And yes, I am Charlie. Not only because they made us laugh; but because they were sacrificial lambs in a much nastier, gruesome, never-ending shadowplay.” Unfortunately, what he has to say is probably not far off the truth. Blowback from al-Qaeda for printing the cartoons, or blowback from the West for getting all lenient and fuzzy on Palestine and Russia? I like what Escobar says about the West never crying any tears when Libya et al get bombed off the face of the earth (I emailed my leader over this). The people in the Arab countries have every right to profit from their resources (which we want to steal from them), and they should have the right to live in peace. I also liked what he said about Divide and Rule. Thanks for posting this.

V. Arnold – I had never heard of Charlie Hebdo prior to this, and yet I defend their right to print what they want. If people don’t like it, they don’t have to buy it. If they only went after one group of people, one race, one religion, that might be a different story, but they don’t. They hammer everyone.

The Saker says, “You don’t have to be Muslim or to approve of the death penalty for blasphemy to realize that this was inevitable and that this has nothing to do with Islam as a religion. Offend any group as large as 1.6 billion and sooner or later you will find 1-5 folks willing to use violence to make you pay for it. This is a statistical inevitability.”

You would think the Muslims have never offended anyone by that statement. The way they treat women offends me greatly (“offend” is too light a word), but I’m not about to go down to the corner mosque and start shooting it up. It seems that political/racial/religious correctness only goes one way with them – it’s their way or the highway. If this attack occurred because of what was printed, then the Muslim people have to make a decision: continue living in the West and try to take things less seriously, or go home.

But I’m with Escobar. This whole thing smells fishy. Could be the Muslims will just take the fall for something they didn’t do.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Raleigh

If they only went after one group of people, one race, one religion, that might be a different story, but they don’t. They hammer everyone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It is my understanding the cartoonist have said they would NOT mock Moses or Christ.
    That was reported in an interview I cannot find.

Raleigh
    Participant

V. Arnold – do you actually think cartoonists at a place like Charlie Hebdo would spare Moses or Christ? I highly doubt it. I’ve seen cartoons of Obama, Cheney, Bush the Lesser, the Pope, the Catholic Church, gays, neo-Nazis, Jews – virtually everyone and everything – that were very funny, yet at the same time kind of took my breath away in that I couldn’t believe someone could think of something so funny and couldn’t believe they’d actually have the nerve to print it.

“While others may have left Islam alone amid constant warnings of violence, Mr Charbonnier refused to relent.

‘I am not afraid of retaliation. I have no children, no wife, no car, no credit,’ he said after receiving death threats two years ago. ‘It perhaps sounds a bit pompous, but I’d rather die standing than live on my knees.’

Mr Charbonnier – nicknamed Charb – spoke out fiercely against political correctness, saying: ‘It should be as normal to criticise Islam as it is to criticise Jews or Catholics.’”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2900519/Cartoonists-mocked-Islam-refused-threatened-Quranic-law-killed-Charlie-Hebdo-massacre-terrorists-asked-name.html

These writers and cartoonists make us think. If we don’t laugh at ourselves occasionally, see things from a different perspective, challenge the status quo, get angry, think some more, then we might as well pack it up.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Raleigh

Your point is taken…

V. Arnold
    Participant

And, apparently I was wrong regarding cartoons about Moses and Christ. Nobody escaped their pen. My bad…

koso_man
    Participant

As a Muslim i obviously found their cartoons offensive, but for me thats not the point. The fact they got killed is clearly wrong but im also worried how this is being turned into a freedom of expression issue.

First of all, theres thousands of books by orientalists, scientists, christians etc that criticize Islam and lay out arguements against it. Im all for that. But cartoons that crassly depict a figure that, whether you believe should or shouldnt be, is held dearly to over 1.5 billion people, what exactly is the aim?

The worst thing about incidents like these, is society, especially in Europe is being polarized. If you dont believe that Muhammed (pbuh) isnt a prophet and feel that you want to try and show us poor Muslims why he wasnt through actual arguements, then that is your God-given right as far as im concerned. But as far as these cartoons are concerned, especially considering the fact that there are several Muslim countries that have been bombed by Western countries over the last few years, just seems so petty and insensitive.

As far as Freedom of Speech goes, it is only the State that can grant or withhold a citizens Freedom of Speech, not 2 lunatics. I just find it amazing this is how the whole incident has been framed seeing as mocking a government as a form of criticism is what satire was always about, not mocking the beliefs of a minority within your country (France) that by any standards have been completely shunned and alienated.

Again, i have to reiterate that what happened was intolerable and heinous but i think theres something very worrying with this whole Ju Suis Charlie phenonemon. Where were the tears and cries of “Je Suis Mustapha” or “Je Suis Ivan” for the bombs being dropped on Libyans and Ukrainians heads from people and the media? Its just utter hypocricy and shows so much how media directs peoples stances to these issues.

kazoo
    Participant

Free speech, yes. But, remember that with that freedom comes a host of responsibilities, restrictions against libel, slander, hate speech, and depending on the nature of your speech even some risks (the inevitable outcomes of choice).

I know the trend for the past 4 decades has been that of constantly pushing boundaries, but there is a difference between being a bit provocative and deliberately poking the bear. Certain types of jabs and slights are going to (predictably) set off certain types of people.

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing attempt in the car garage (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing) it was not an unreasonable prediction to make that the group(s) behind it would try again. Given Bin Laden’s position in 2008 (https://www.reuters.com/article/2008/03/20/us-security-binladen-idUSN1933824120080320) and the suicide bombing attack in Sweden in 2010, this risk this magazine was taking must have been very clear to them.

Raleigh
    Participant

koso_man – “As far as Freedom of Speech goes, it is only the State that can grant or withhold a citizens Freedom of Speech, not 2 lunatics.”

Yes, and right now the “State” is not listening to the people, is it? They’re dictating what is proper and what is not. “We hear that you don’t want to bail out the banks, but, sorry, we’re doing it anyway. You don’t want fracking in your back yard? Sorry, we’re allowing it. You don’t want the constant influx of illegals crossing your southern border? Sorry, we’re allowing it. You don’t want corporations to be recognized as citizens? Sorry, again.” On and on and on.

Who is the State? It’s supposed to be the people, but it’s not anymore. It’s corporations, lobbyists, big banks, big money and the media they own. They’re not listening to the people. In a way, places like Charlie Hebdo ARE the people’s only outlet. They often say what people are thinking and feeling and precisely what the State is not listening to (because the vested interests are telling them to ignore it). And most often what the monied/vested interests want and what the people want are two direct opposites.

Ilargi points out on a daily basis how we are being lied to by politicians, and by almost all of the media. Who is speaking up and pointing out hypocrisy, fraud? It is not the media. Where is the people’s voice if we don’t have places like Charlie Hebdo?

kazoo – “I know the trend for the past 4 decades has been that of constantly pushing boundaries, but there is a difference between being a bit provocative and deliberately poking the bear.” Yeah, let’s just all keep quiet. To me, the boundaries are not being pushed enough; voices are being silenced, and this is exactly how it happens.

koso_man
    Participant

Yeah but Raleigh based on that reasoning, surely the likes of Charlie Hebdo should be speaking out against those same corporations who have politicians in their pockets? Unless your implying Islam is actually directing these corporations and banks and therefore theyre fair game.

I guess what im trying to say is, how is provoking a generally weak people, and honestly, you look at the Islamic World right now, and they are most definitely weak, gonna help the situation?
    As far as i know, none of these cartoons are satirizing the media, the banks, the politicians, the corporations that are literally destroying the future of the next generation of people. But yeah lets express our freedom of speech to insult 1.5 billion people because “we’re fighting the man” – honestly i find it pathetic.

If someone has a passion to get rid of Islam or show the muslims the error of their ways, follow the footsteps of Dawkins or whatever orientalist and actually write a book with some actual intellectual arguements – for me, thats 10x more courageous and dignified – and guess what, i wont be offended, i’ll actually read it and see what the other side has to say.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

https://mycatbirdseat.com/2015/01/89159wests-sickening-moral-hijack-of-paris-massacre/

Anybody and everybody who thinks this Paris event was about race, religion or freedom of the press has swallowed the bait and utterly failed to comprehend what happened there. But what else is new.

Lincoln understood the principle well. “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time …” The number of people who refuse to be fooled will always be too small to do anything about it, especially after being aggressively denounced as “conspiracy theorists,” an ad-hominem that only makes greater fools of the fooled.

kazoo
    Participant

Raleigh,

from what I’ve seen in the past 14 years these terrorist attacks have the greatest impact on the mainstream Muslim population and *their* freedoms of speech.

These people suffer the most, both in Arab nations dealing day-to-day with “Terror Wars” (in all it’s fury), and as Muslims living in Western nations dealing with Western responses (in all it’s volume).

I also think there is a huge question mark within the form of payoff in the extreme media coverage garnered. I was pretty shocked to learn when these attacks happen, people who live in places so remotely removed that you wouldn’t imagine them feeling connected to the events, are aware of them and hear of them exactly as you do or I do, and that these stories dominate their media and consciousness too.

It’s seriously worth contemplating our global psyche more deeply.

The corporations and their transgressions?
    Another story, as this one already dominates.

———————————–
    “Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools.”
    ― William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.