Debt Rattle June 20 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 20 2018

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Edward Hopper New York movie 1939   • The Smart Money Gets Ready for the Next Credit Event (WS) • Global Debt Has Hit A High – Can Financial Regu
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 20 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

• Smearing A Dissident Journalist Is As Good As Killing Him (CJ)
    The Australian government is an abomination along with Britains’.
    And do not even get me going on the U.S..
    Assange may die without having seen the sun for more than 6 years…
    If that is not inhumane treatment and torture, then I don’t know what is…

This from ZH in an article linked below. It’s well worth a read, IMO.
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one.

Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism.

Orwell feared we would become a captive audience. Huxley feared the truth would be drowned in a sea of irrelevance.

Orwell feared that we would become a captive culture. Huxley feared we would become a trivial culture, preoccupied with some equivalent of the feelies, the orgy porgy, and the centrifugal bumblepuppy.

As Huxley remarked in Brave New World Revisited, the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny “failed to take into account man’s almost infinite appetite for distractions.” In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure.

In short, Orwell feared that what we hate would ruin us. Huxley feared that what we love will ruin us.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-19/government-eyes-are-watching-you-we-are-all-prisoners-surveillance-state

Patricia
    Participant

I often think that if the MSM replaced the word US with the word Russia in every article or report we were given the world would explode with rage. Funny that that doesn’t happen eh?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Patricia
    That’s spot on; good thinking.
    And, you are correct.
    That goes well with my link above.

Dr. D
    Participant

Russia! Russia! Russia!

zerosum
    Participant

• Smearing A Dissident Journalist Is As Good As Killing Him (CJ)

Our social/economic system cannot function in the spotlight of TRUTH

tony smyth
    Participant

Not only good taste in art but also in reggae!! Linton Kwesi Johnson. Nice one.

Inglan is a bitch
    dere’s no escapin it
    Inglan is a bitch fi true
    a noh lie mi a tell, a true

Inglan is a bitch
    dere’s no escapin it
    Inglan is a bitch
    is whey wi a goh dhu ’bout it?

mi use to work dig ditch w’en it cowl noh bitch
    mi did strang like a mule, but, bwoy, mi did fool
    den awftah a while mi jus’ stap dhu ovahtime
    den aftah a while mi jus’ phu dung mi tool

Nassim
    Participant

After the wonderful Impressionist paintings that we had here, Hopper et al. are a bit of a letdown IMHO. There are many “graphic artists” today who produce similar stuff – and no one pays them much attention. Andy Warhol was an extreme example of that genre.

I cannot help thinking that if it were not for active purchasing by the CIA of modern art by American artists – and the constant plugging of how “wonderful” they were by the paid-for media, their prices today would not be a fraction of what they are. I think a similar process is going on with Bitcoin and its cousins. These guys make more off-budget than one could ever imagine. They control the levers and can push peoples’ expectations in any direction they wish.

The CIA considered culture and art to be a part of Cold War I. There is plenty written about it, if you care to look.

“Modern art was CIA ‘weapon’

Revealed: how the spy agency used unwitting artists such as Pollock and de Kooning in a cultural Cold War”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html

Nassim
    Participant

“The real number is much higher.” (than 34,361)

Losses in Syria are around 600,000 and in Iraq 1,000,000+. In Yemen, it will be in the millions before the West gets its way.

In Sub-Saharan Africa, there are 100 million unrecorded births. Guess how many Africans watch TV and would love to move to Europe? The French football team seems to be dominated by Africans. What a farce!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/france-now-most-expensive-national-11116090

So how many of these guys, and gals, are going to be writing software, designing cars, selling cosmetics and insurance in order to pay the pensons of French guys of my age?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ilargi, where did those prose come from?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Robert Burns came to mind.

That prose is Linton Kwesi Johnson, V. Arnold.

Also: there is still work going on on the site. Looks weird, but I’m sure its harmless.

straightwalker
    Participant

Almost anyone would be a bit of a letdown after the impressionists in their golden age, but Hopper is no slouch. He captured the shortcomings and emptiness of modern American culture better than anyone. It is a lot easier to paint lighthouses and fall foliage. This painting shows all you need to know about Hollywood.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.