Debt Rattle March 25 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 25 2020

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    WES
    Participant

Dr. D. Rich:

When I could hear better, I often heard my wife’s stomach gurgling because there was no check valve to muffle the sound!o

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Haha!
    Gurgling is good as long as it’s in the stomach.

John Day
    Participant

Hi Wes, I’m praying for you and your wife.
    “Prayer is not asking God to carry your water. Prayer is carrying your water.”
    It’s active compassion, sharing the load from near or far.
    We are all spirit. Sometimes we also have bodies. It’s really distracting, this body thing.
    I’m neither blindly for nor against chloroquine treatment for coronavirus. If you have poor cardiac conduction of the “long QT” sort, you might go into fatal arrhythmia. Chloroquine has a narrow therapeutic window. The bottom of the potentially fatal range is twice the top of the therapeutic range. We are not used to drugs like that, They used to be more common, like digitalis.
    That’s how the fish tank chloroquine guy died. He was doing his best. He died. This is not penicillin.
    I personally would not take it if I did not have actural sickness, which would be fever, feeling terrible, lung pain, shortness of breath, or maybe bad gut symptoms. Cough or loss of sense of smell would not cross my threshold for treatment.
    Wikipedia is good on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroquine
    This issue I see, for people who would be candidates to take chloroquine in a malaria zone, which means otherwise healthy, normal kidneys, no drugs that interact, no long-QT, and so on, is the relative risk of chloroquine vs watchful waiting. I’m almost 62. Chloroquine is iffy after 65, but so is coronavirus.
    When people go into significant illness, like fever, there is a 3 week progression described by Chinese doctors. The first week they do ok. The second week some go suddenly and dramatically bad, and that is where some of the medicines that reduce “cytokine storm” come in handy, because the immune system response destroys body function. Those people would have been better to start an antiviral in the first week of symptoms, but there is no good marker for whose body will do that. A-type blood? O type blood better? I don’t think any of us wants to count on any such soft calls.
    This is really hard. This is the old time practie of medicine. Balancing relative risks and benefits on the fly. Kaletra, the HIV medicine, is used at 4 times the usual dose in coronavirus treatment. I have no experience with what that might mean. Ho relatively good is it compared to chloroquine, hydroxychloroqhuine,
    Favilavir, Avigan, from Japan is the first drug approved in China to treat coronavirus. It’s used for influenza in Japan. I want access to it for my patients. It clearly works best when given early. It might not help patients already in crisis. https://www.hospimedica.com/coronavirus/articles/294781247/fujifilms-antiviral-becomes-first-approved-drug-to-treat-coronavirus-in-china.html
    That medicine ha the kind of dosing and safety margin that we are more used to. Not the 1 pill good, 2 pills deadly thing.
    All this is in flux. We all see that. I don’t want anything ive said to be held as solid in the face of contradictory new information. Really.

John Day
    Participant

Here is a really critical review of the literature on treating coronvirus with chloroquine.
    Yeah, it’s a tough neighborhood. Who gets to wait for better information? Not everybody.

Are hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin an effective treatment for COVID-19?

V. Arnold
    Participant

John Day
    Thanks for that.
    My takeaway is; stay home and don’t get sick (CV-19).
    For myself, I’m taking V-C 1,000mg/1 gram, every 2-4 hours throughout the day and evening.
    Its anti-histamine effect is helpful against runny nose and minor chest congestion.
    That combined with 15 minutes a day of exercycle peddling for heart and lungs.
    As the old saw goes; prevention is better than cure…
    We’re staying home as well.
    Keep up your good works…best to you and yours…

V. Arnold
    Participant

A question just came to mind: CV-19, does it do best in an acidic digestive system or an alkaline one? Does anybody know? Or does it even matter?

V. Arnold
    Participant

This from Zerohedge is an important read to give some perspective; a taste of reality

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/12-experts-question-covid-19-panic

I read it; and frankly, it makes sense; calm down…

Dr D Rich
    Participant

The first big shoe drops.

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

British Government: COVID-19 No Longer Considered To Be A High Consequence Infectious Disease In UK

V. Arnold
    Participant

The first big shoe drops.

Is it possible they are actually correct?
    I’m basically a hermit by nature; so my above described activity is actually my norm. My wife is far more social than I; so, for now, she is slowing that down a lot.
    I’m struggling to wrap my critical thinking skills around this whole mess.
    By nature I’m a skeptic; so forgive my reluctance to buy this all, lock, stock, and barrel…
    I’ve read both sides and frankly; its a government’s dream come true; if, they are going for total control of societies.
    I remain with a view askance for all input…

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.