Warheads

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mark Chagall I and the village 1911     Joe Biden declares a “national emergency”, calls Putin a killer, slaps more sanctions on Russia, for
    [See the full post at: Warheads]

zerosum
    Participant

PUNCHLINE 🙂
    “make up a threat, aided by their media brethren …
    there are not that many western people paying attention to warmongers and NATO aka warheads.”

madamski cafone
    Participant

“A society becomes totalitarian when its structure becomes flagrantly artificial: that is, when its ruling class has lost its function but succeeds in clinging to power by force or fraud,” according to Orwell. In which case we’ve been totalitarian since at least 2001

“Why should Russia, instead of protecting these people where they live, migrate them and protect them in Russia? Anyone ask for their own opinion?”

I don’t hear suggestions of forced evacuation. The idea behind evacuation is to avoid forced evacuations like death, homelessness, extreme poverty. To facilitate a thing is not to demand a thing. To offer an escape from living hell is a fine thing for a government to offer people who perceive themselves as Russians living just across the border. Doing so would leave existing infrastructure intact for Ukrainians, and obviously, Russia would not care if they moved in so long as they don’t mobilize troops and such along Russia’s border.

Also, if nuclear war happens, they’re safer in Russia than Ukraine. I dare to say that Russia WOULD win a nuclear confrontation. It would be crippled, for sure, but it has so much more reactive-and-proactive defense capability that it would come out better by far than Euromerica (ouch), who would be worse than crippled, poor sots.

This sounds unthinkable but so does shoving a baby out your vagina. Trust me. Trust me that it happens and that women think about it.

Orlov is an arrogant and often disingenuous ass, imo, but he is also almost always right even if he is morbidly afraid of appearing publicly wrong (which minds me of those women who simply can’t go in public without first putting on their “face”).

All that said, consider that the longer NATO plays rubber chicken with Moscow, the better Russia will look to de facto Russians, and merely Russian-speaking Russophiles, living in Ukraine, and that, as Orlov mentioned, major migration from Uke into Russ is already underway and only bound to intensify the longer NATO rattles its sword. Russia has jobs. Ukraine doesn’t. Next case. (Segue to weird future concept of empty Chinese cities becoming UkroRussian colonies. Put those new but empty cities to use.)

Meanwhile, USA is like Ukraine: locals fleeing if possible, foreigners increasingly declining to move here.

In the long run, I envy Ukraine: they’re next door to Russia and are family. When NATO fails (it already has), and the new paradigm commences, they’ll have Russia helping them (if possible).

“Now that the west has lost its military superiority, all that’s left for it to claim is some sort of “intelligence superiority”, so it portrays Russians as really dumb people. Putin tries to poison one person after another, invariably people who are no threat to him at all, with the deadliest poisons on the planet, and fails time and again.”

Interesting. Dovetails weirdly with the idea of testing how gullible the Euromerican populace is (very, it seems, but less so of late).

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

When I first saw Dmitry’s proposal of abandoning the Donbass to Ukraine (NATO really), my first thought was “Hell no!”. It would be like giving your money to the schoolyard bully expecting that in the future he would leave you alone. I think it’s time to stop coddling imperialism’s naked aggressions. By trying to appease the west’s attempts at global hegemony, it only makes an eventual hot war that much more certain.

I’m reminded of the scene from It’s A Wonderful Life, when George Bailey lets loose on the villain, Henry Potter, because his greed and lust for power could not be sated until he controlled every business in the little backwater of Bedford Falls, especially the measly little Bailey Building and Loan that competed with his bank:

Bailey: … Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you’re talking about, they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn’t think so. People were human beings to him, but to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they’re cattle. Well, in my book he died a much richer man than you’ll ever be.

Potter: I’m not interested in your book. I’m talkin’ about the Building and Loan.

Bailey: I know very well what you’re talking about. You’re talking about something you can’t get your fingers on, and it’s galling you. That’s what you’re talking about, I know. …

There are still a few governments on the planet that operate outside the control of the US-centralized empire, and it’s galling the greedy Potters of Wall Street.

Germ
    Participant

O/T – but it is war.

Listen to and share this powerful front-line testimony. Dr. Charles Hoffe of Lytton, British Columbia tells how the Moderna “vaccine” has decimated the health of his small town, after they had no trouble naturally fending off Covid …

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Maxwell Quest

“When I first saw Dmitry’s proposal of abandoning the Donbass to Ukraine (NATO really), my first thought was “Hell no!”. It would be like giving your money to the schoolyard bully expecting that in the future he would leave you alone. I think it’s time to stop coddling imperialism’s naked aggressions. By trying to appease the west’s attempts at global hegemony, it only makes an eventual hot war that much more certain.”

However, there are several million innocent people in the crossfires. And Russia doesn’t WANT Ukraine. It’s not capitulation in the slightest. In fact, it is the most blatant insult imaginable: keep your stinking country, we just want our precious Russians.

WES
    Participant

Back in 1983, after spending 6 months working in Siberia, I left USSR no longer afraid of them!

I am still not afraid of them! There are only about 140 million of them!

Now our military-industrial-deep state scares the hell out of me!

WES
    Participant

In regards to the Donbass area, local young Russians will move to Russia for, advanced schooling and better economic outcomes. Nothing will change that.

It is no different that the Canadian province of Saskatchewan exporting all of its young people to the rest of Canada. By the way many of the people in Saskatchewan are Ukrainian!

When my Father was going to school in Saskatchewan during the depression, many of his fellow students were the sons and daughters of local Ukrainians farmers. All day long they would eat sunflower seeds, spitting the shells onto the classroom floor. The teachers did like this but there was nothing they could do about it, except at the end of the school day, sweep up all of the sunflower shells on the floor.

As my Father said those Ukrainian farm boys were a lot bigger than the tiny school teachers!

williampemberton3
    Participant

What seems rather insidious about all the NATO and media posturing over “unheard of troop buildup” on the Ukrainian border, and “we haven’t seen numbers of troops like these since 2014”, when a report published in 2018 in the “NATO Review” discussed Putin’s development of large-scale troop exercises rotating through Russia’s military districts. (Here: https://www.nato.int/docu/review/articles/2018/12/20/vostok-2018-ten-years-of-russian-strategic-exercises-and-warfare-preparation/index.html)
    In fact their chart outlining the annual exercises show that the actual troop numbers participating in the exercises in the South (Kavkaz) disctrict in 2016 numbered about 120,000 troops. There was no expressed concern over 120,000 troops in the region in 2018. Meanwhile NATO has been aggressively deploying more troops, and co-ordinated international military exercises in such operations as DEFENDER EUROPE 20 & 21. The narrative around Russian exercises has provided a “convenient truth” for this military adventurism and irresponsibly deadly rhetoric.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.