Debt Rattle January 18 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 18 2023

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

@ 126455

You responded with that quoted piece. Shows what an idiot you are.

Michael Reid
    Participant

made it possible for some rationalists to embrace mystical ideas. He did this by the simple if extremely clever expedient of convincing them that mysticism is the next step in the onward march of progress, and defining genuine spirituality as a way moving even further from the mythical and magical structures of consciousness they’ve been taught to despise. There are apparently quite a few people practicing meditation and yoga who would never have thought of doing such a thing if Wilber hadn’t gussied these ancient practices up in the garments of cutting-edge, avant-garde thought

Against Enchantment I: Ken Wilber

Michael Reid
    Participant

Carbon Credits Are the Biggest Scam Since Indulgences—How You Can Avoid Being Fleeced

Carbon Credits Are the Biggest Scam Since Indulgences—How You Can Avoid Being Fleeced

Michael Reid
    Participant

Christianity is a top-down religion, reflecting a hierarchy where rulers were seen as licensed by God. The old Roman religion never tried to capture men’s minds this way. Before Christianity, violating the emperor’s laws wasn’t seen as also violating God’s laws.

Decline of Empire: Parallels Between the U.S. and Rome, Part II

WES
    Participant

tboc:

Re-Two US justice systems. Notice Dr. D wisely said the ’70s, so that could apply to 1870’s too right after the American Civil War! The dual US justice system has been with us forever! Chief Justice Marshall had a case where the jury, constrained by law, found a tenant farmer innocent of stealing a landlord’s donkey and saying the thief could also keep the stolen donkey simply because the landlord was despised by the jurists! The jury earlier had asked the judge, if they could find the thief innocent, if he gave the donkey back. As Marshall noted, the law can be an ass!

So Biden might not be running again in 2024. He has already lost one war in Afghanistan. For joe to lose two wars in one term, Russia still has 2 years left in which to win the war in the Ukraine! It should be also noted that Biden is using lawyers to make the law look like an ass! Democrat Lawfare in action!

WES
    Participant

Michael:

You must be getting quite the on/off winter on the rock! Rain, freezing rain, and snow!

My son, who is ñow working at a local marina near the cottage, says the water on the St. Lawrence River still hasn’t frozen over yet. He was hoping to be skating on the river by now!

zerosum
    Participant

Follow up
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/a-news-site-used-ai-to-write-articles-it-was-a-journalistic-disaster/ar-AA16s6lC
    A news site used AI to write articles. It was a journalistic disaster.
    Story by Paul Farhi •
    AI programs assemble articles by churning through mountains of publicly available information, even the best automated stories are essentially clip jobs, devoid of new findings or original reporting.

zerosum
    Participant

Our Gov. is ignoring/minimizing the need of Canadians in needs, and prioritizing the needs of Ukrainians.

The head of the Ministry of Defense of Canada,, Melanie Joly, visited Kiev and announced the transfer of 200 armored vehicles, ($90M) to Ukraine.

oxymoron
    Participant

Hello, can anyone provide links to the bromelain nac study on clearing spike please?

Dr. D
    Participant

Tboc: the 1870’s?

Benton: I have not noticed the Overton. That could be because I’m still as far outside of it as I was 10 years ago. I hope it’s been shifting. I just see how outrageous the visibility ($150B /yr for Ukraine, 6-Sigma 6 million year outliers on literal death) and STILL nothing’s happening. I attributed to that.

Wifi: Now you know why they wanted 5G. Router every 6 meters. Or one of the reasons anyway. Like all idiot middle managers they think data will help them make decisions when the opposite is true. As jb-hb says, you have to trust your men on the ground and let them act.

“Christianity is a top-down religion, reflecting a hierarchy where rulers were seen as licensed by God. The old Roman religion never tried to capture men’s minds this way. Before Christianity, violating the emperor’s laws wasn’t seen as also violating God’s laws.”

Maybe. All those are very expansive words though. Gnostic Christianity? Pre-Roman Christianity? Quaker Christianity? That’s the opposite of top down, as are hundreds of Christian sects for all 2,000 years. Roman religion? Jupiter? Mithras? Judaism was an acceptable religion in Rome. The ones with human sacrifice? How would you draw a conclusion with a hawk and a handsaw in the same category?

In tribal worlds (or Chinese Tao) the king, chief, clan, was doing what “we” do, that is the “right” thing, and in alignment with “God” or “heaven” or “Nature” or what have you. If you did the “Wrong” thing and got a hatchet to the brain, it was because the law of the tribe, the chieftain, and God, were all the same thing in harmony and you violated one, and therefore all. So… Can the question even be phrased? Rome more had a separation of Church and state as we do today. Tribes didn’t. But that’s also because they mostly didn’t have a “Church” or a “State” abstracted into a separate thing in order to need a wall between them. Tribes can be far more oppressive than anonymous cities. And also more tolerant. It depends.

Jb-hb: It has been fun watching it, and the point may be the same (I’d have to do the math). Also AFKTT has no engagement with argument, hypothesis or data. BUT. But because he’s not a scientist nor a debater even when specifically addressed, I’ll have to correct the trace CO2 problem on his behalf:

Yes possibly CO2 is being overestimated. However, the issue isn’t 400ppm. It’s 400ppm in relation to WHAT? A liter? Cubic meter? Well the trace CO2 is from open air that extends about 60 miles. So even if it’s the world’s worst insulator – and it is – you still have 60 miles of it to go through. On a sliding scale of course as there is less of it for every meter of altitude.

My thought was that if it’s insulative from the ground, why isn’t it insulative from the sun, but haven’t followed up on that amusement as I’m quite sure they’re right about it. It’s just that CO2 occurs 32 times before man, and rose and fell with the ice each time. Why? We would all like to know, but it certainly excludes man.

Anyway that was the easiest scientific rebuttal in the history of science and he still couldn’t engage with science, theory, or argument, and make it. AFKTT, No need to thank me, knowing you owe me for making your argument is thanks enough.
    Why

Canada transferred their armored vehicles and is helpless. We must invade immediately! Sounds like Toronto needs them some FREEDOM.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“the St. Lawrence River still hasn’t frozen over yet. He was hoping to be skating on the river by now!”

Skating up a small frozen river at night is one of my more magical memories.

zerosum
    Participant

Next week, Polar Vortex coming to Canada.
    If the polar vortex moves to Canada, does it get warmer in Ukraine?/

Armenio Pereira
    Participant

(My apologies if this was already posted.)

kultsommer
    Participant

“the St. Lawrence River still hasn’t frozen over yet. He was hoping to be skating on the river by now!”

Skating down the steep urban street on tightly packed dry snow and using street sign posts as a stop. Haven!
    Had a dream few nights ago.At my age: Yeah right, good luck with that (in the best Jordan Peterson impression)

Doc Robinson
    Participant

oxymoron: “can anyone provide links to the bromelain nac study on clearing spike please?”

“in the current study we set out to determine whether BromAc can disrupt the integrity of SARS-CoV-2 spike and envelope proteins”

Abstract
    Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) infection is the cause of a worldwide pandemic, currently with limited therapeutic options. The spike glycoprotein and envelope protein of SARS-CoV-2, containing disulfide bridges for stabilization, represent an attractive target as they are essential for binding to the ACE2 receptor in host cells present in the nasal mucosa. Bromelain and Acetylcysteine (BromAc) has synergistic action against glycoproteins by breakage of glycosidic linkages and disulfide bonds. We sought to determine the effect of BromAc on the spike and envelope proteins and its potential to reduce infectivity in host cells. Recombinant spike and envelope SARS-CoV-2 proteins were disrupted by BromAc. Spike and envelope protein disulfide bonds were reduced by Acetylcysteine. In in vitro whole virus culture of both wild-type and spike mutants, SARS-CoV-2 demonstrated a concentration-dependent inactivation from BromAc treatment but not from single agents. Clinical testing through nasal administration in patients with early SARS-CoV-2 infection is imminent.

The Combination of Bromelain and Acetylcysteine (BromAc) Synergistically Inactivates SARS-CoV-2
    https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/13/3/425

zerosum
    Participant

Jan 18, 2023
    PMC Wagner Group of Russia showing the trophies received as a result of Soledar’s liberation. Large quantities of weapons and ammunitions were left in their positions as Ukrainian troops fled in panic from the Musicians’s massive attack.

zerosum
    Participant
    Oroboros
    Participant

aspnaz
    Participant

A gift for AFKTT https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/01/19/prime-minister-jacinda-ardern-to-step-down/.

No reason, she has too much contempt for the voters to feel she has to provide a reason. Seems to me she has received a better offer, maybe head of NATO or some big shot in the UN.

Mr. House
    Participant
    Mr. House
    Participant

Or was she expecting to get slaughtered in the next election? Still, very strange. Will we be getting a Joe “cornpop” Biden resignation soon?

Mr. House
    Participant

I like zerohedges take

“Translation: some huge scandal is about to emerge.”

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Today’s major development: The Scorpion has resigned as ‘leader’, having orchestrated the deaths of tens of thousands and impoverished around 4.5 million on Airstrip Five.

Knew all along she would run when the going got tough, coward that she is.

Not completely gone yet though. still keeping its snout in the public feeding trough as an MP. i guess the $25 million it made via insider deals etc. isn’t enough.

Maybe awaiting a position at the UN to be created, one with special responsibility for looting and polluting the Southwest Pacific. Propaganda Minister for Zelensky doesn’t look to be a long-term proposition anymore.

With a completely talentless pool of clowns and criminals to choose from, it will probably Fatguts who will be the next psychopath/sociopath to loot the till whilst making everything worse.

The stream of fake accolades has already commenced.

Too much ‘caring, compassion and kindness’ and ‘she saved us’ for me!

The worst economic, financial, welfare and environmental data ever recorded at the end of The Scorpion’s reign of terror, of course.

aspnaz
    Participant

Ardern introduced NZ to QE: the theft of value from the consuming poor and the boosting of value of assets held by the rich.

Michael Reid
    Participant

WES:

The ice in the river has not been safe and presently there is no ice.

I have been working on finishing and organizing the interior of the cottage.

Enjoying fire in the wood stove and long soaks in the tub.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

The good news is that U.S. oil production has recovered to pre-pandemic levels. The bad news is that only 60% of it is really oil. – Art Berman
    THEY’RE NOT MAKING OIL LIKE THEY USED TO: STEALTH PEAK OIL?

They’re Not Making Oil Like They Used To: Stealth Peak Oil?

F.S.

Dora
    Participant

John Kerry’s “we, select group of human beings” is so bubble-headed, out of touch, self-congratulation I can only wonder what planet he thinks he lives on. Or comes from. Davos man incarnate?

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

The likely reasons The Scorpion chose this week to resign:

‘FOOD PRICE RISE EVEN HIGHER
    Food prices rose +11.3% in the year to December, ensuring a high base in next week’s CPI result. The last time they were this high was in 1990. Compared with December 2021, grocery food prices increased by +11%, fruit and vegetable prices increased by +23% (not a typo), restaurant meals and ready-to-eat food increased by +7.8%, and meat, poultry, and fish prices increased by +11%. (These are price increases to consumers, not what producers received.) From November, food prices rose at an annualised rate of +13% pa, so the pace seems to be rising.

HOUSEHOLD NET WORTH FALLS EVEN LOWER …
    Statistics New Zealand said falling property values lopped -$91.1 billion off the worth of Kiwis in the first nine months of 2022, while falling share and investment values took -$78.6 billion away. Overall household net worth of Kiwis fell -$179.4 billion in first nine months of 2022, the largest retreat ever.’

https://www.interest.co.nz/business/119260/review-things-you-need-know-you-sign-thursday-food-prices-jump-household-net-worth

This comes on top of the worst business confidence level ever recorded (since records began in 1961).

I am reasonably well prepared for the biggest financial-energetic-economic-environmental-political crash in history; the majority of Proles on Airstrip Five are still fairly clueless -deliberately kept that way, of course- though they do know about shortages, empty shelves and surging prices.

DarkMatter
    Participant

I don’t know much about climate change but I can do basic math and 480 ppm = 0.048 pph (because 480 / 1000000 * 100 = 0.048). To say it equals 0.00000048 pph is off by a factor of a hundred thousand and is, well, embarrassing.

I do know a little about semiconductor physics and doping silicon at a rate of 1 part per million has a huge effect on semiconductor conductivity. Saying that 480 ppm has no effect on a system because “it’s just so small” is naive. Get a better argument. And stay away from fentanyl.

TAE Summary
    Participant

* Greta arrested; She saved others; Herself she cannot save

* We support Russia; Russian success now means more for the West to loot later

* CO2; We’ve reached 480 trillion parts per quintillion; Time to panic

* Let lying dogs sleep

* There are three different justice systems: The blindfold for me, the scale for thee and the sword for him

aspnaz
    Participant

DarkMatter said

I do know a little about semiconductor physics and doping silicon at a rate of 1 part per million has a huge effect on semiconductor conductivity. Saying that 480 ppm has no effect on a system because “it’s just so small” is naive. Get a better argument. And stay away from fentanyl.

A better argument is not possible because we do not know how the climate or even the weather – which is what makes up the climate – works. We cannot even accurately predict the weather 5 days in advance. The argument that 480 ppm is too small is perfectly valid. Sensitivity to inputs is as valid as the size of the inputs themselves, in any system, as are various other factors such as corrolation – as a physicist you will understand system dynamics and partial differentials. As an insulator CO2 will have a certain insulating effect for each concentration of CO2 – this will be different to the effect on conductivity caused by doping, just the way the world works – and so it is perfectly valid to say that 480 ppm of CO2 will have as good as no insulating effect within the atmosphere, because it is too small. As a physicist you will know this, so your comment is just bullshit for the sake of it, shouting down the messenger using arrogance to back up your argument. Your little knowledge is dangerous.

zerosum
    Participant

I am life. I am energy. I am part of the whole.
    I am not the hole in the donut.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

“I am not the hole in the donut.”

That so wants to be a JFK Berlin speech joke.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.