Debt Rattle January 22 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 22 2022

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    D Benton Smith
    Participant

@Mr. House

Jessica’s husband might insist upon chaperoning such a meet.

By the way, Jess is also the originator of my blog’s motto. When asked a couple or five years ago what people should do about the chaos that was boiling up all over the world at once, her answer was, “I don’t know about everyone else, but as for me I intend to just go on living until further notice.”

Oroboros
    Participant

Transgender is the gateway drug to Transhumanism.

One of the long range goals of the Lizard Psychopathocracy.

Ever wonder the sheer hypocrisy of decades of hearing from the gay community that they were born gay and can’t be changed by therapy, then along comes the ‘trans’ narrative and they can change and choose any gender, even made up hallucination genders, multiple times, no problemo?

Hey if you can change your gender at will, why not your species?

Same narrative.

Elizabeth Warren could be Blathering Magpie, not just fake Native America but literally becoming her anima persona.

Old White Joe could becoming Confused Bear Breaking Wind in the Pines.

The Trans-barely-humanist Great White Father in Washington.

Mr. House
    Participant

Haha indeed with regards to the husband. Funny how all the good women are gone by your late 20’s and the only ones left are the purple haired crazies with cats who insist on arguing about the rights of genitals.

John Day
    Participant

@Michael Reid: Glad you appreciated The Great Reset For Dummies.
    Tessa interviewed Dr. Nass, who is subjected to Soviet-style “psychological evaluation and testing” by a state-selected tester.
    You can watch her here, if you have not already, and decide her rationality. It is clear why she is being made-an-example-of.
    https://tessa.substack.com/p/dr-meryl-nass

@Oxymoron
    : I hope your wrist reconstruction is going well. You are alive. I have had similar consequences from living. I’m trying to avoid repeating those experiments.

DarkMatter
    Participant

Dmitri Orlov writes about the 5 stages of collapse:
    1. Financial Collapse
    2. Commercial Collapse
    3. Political Collapse
    4. Social Collapse
    5. Cultural Collapse
    Usually these happen sequentially but we seem to be on the cusp of all 5 happening at once and the whole thing looks engineered. A good example is the effort to destroy the concept of gender, contributing to cultural collapse. I usually stick to Hanlon’s Razor: Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by stupidity, but this sure smells like malice. The charges are all in place. They just need to push the button to bring the whole thing down into it’s own footprint.

John Day
    Participant

@Figmund Sreud: Here is OTC Rxs for Omicron from 12/23/21
    https://www.johndayblog.com/2021/12/otc-covid-rxs-for-omicron.html

Lately touted are the combination of Benadryl/diphenhydramine & lactoferrin, a milk protein.

I’m sorry to not have an authoritative link, but boy is that safe and available.
    Here’s a quick search:

Two Common Compounds Show Effectiveness Against COVID-19 Virus in Early Testing

Two Common Over-the-Counter Compounds Reduce COVID-19 Virus Replication by 99% in Early Testing

And the clincher:
    Experts warn against the use of Benadryl and milk to treat COVID
    https://www.newsnationnow.com/health/coronavirus/experts-warn-against-using-benadryl-and-milk-to-treat-covid/

Mr. House
    Participant

1. Financial Collapse: Happened in 2008 or maybe even 2000.
    2. Commercial Collapse: See above, its been a slow long process, kinda like the frog in boiling water.
    3. Political Collapse: 2016 would be when this occurred. And not just in the US, Brexit in the UK was also 2015-16.
    4. Social Collapse: Still in progress
    5. Cultural Collapse: Somewhere in the 2010’s maybe also still in progress?

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Did someone mention elderberries?

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

@ Dr. Day, #98733
    ———————

Thanks Doc. Most greatly appreciated. Right now, the only thing I’m afraid of is if I have to go for help to the urgent care centre or hospital. You see, unvaxxed folks seem to be triaged way behind everyone else – as rule – here in Calgary. Last time I checked, even a little girl with proverbial hanged nail got a priority over the unvaxxed. Few weeks ago, I had to take my wife to the MS clinic – routine appointment – I had a difficult time crossing the door’s threshold of the most famous hospital, … the one where most famous Texan, Ted Cruise, was delivered into this world! Door gendarmes made my entry hell without QR code.

Anyway, thanks again, …

Best,
    F.S.

those darned kids
    Participant

funny, i said this to my wife this morning. i hope they don’t start trying to inject the sun.

“nasa announces plan to use all of earth’s water to cool sun”

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/climate-is-the-next-obvious-pivot/comments

those darned kids
    Participant
    those darned kids
    Participant

run for the freakin’ hills!!!!!!!!

https://www.sfu.ca/content/sfu/sfunews/stories/2022/01/climate-and-health-lessons-from-covid-19-prompt-new-report.html

A new Simon Fraser University-led report suggests that developing new strategies around telemedicine, green infrastructure and food security—all of which had an impact during the current pandemic—could help to better prepare the province for the potential advances of climate change.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

It occurred to me that there are two ways to “connect dots.”

One method is to draw a line of logical connection from one factual “dot” to another, related, point of fact. (This is called rational , logical or sane by the majority of people, and conspiracy theory by a few others.)

The other way of “connecting the dots” refrains from drawing any logical lines at all. Just keep posting up more and more dots until the blank spaces between these conglomerating dots become too small to be visible under a scanning electron microscope. In other words, so damned many dots that the visually linear formation of dots is absolutely indistinguishable from a line that is drawn as a line. (This method is known as Science, or evidence based reasoning by most folks, and is called “misinformation” by the people whose misdeeds are what the dots are all about in the first place.)

D Benton Smith
    Participant

“Hanlon’s Razor: Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by stupidity.”

Smith’s Corollary to Hanlon’s Razor : Never assume that stupidity isn’t caused by malice.

willem
    Participant

Too late for anyone already ill (sorry @figmund), but anyone contemplating the eventual use of IVM need not rely on the “horse dewormer” version. IVM for human consumption can be easily ordered from on-line sellers in places like India.

The FDA is rumored to be coordinating with the Post Office (I’m speaking of the US here) to attempt intercepting incoming international shipments, but this has not been my personal experience. All cases of held-up shipments I’ve read about have involved large amounts (in excess of 100 pills, for example). I have slowly accumulated our stash by ordering 30 or 40 pills at a time, and so far I’ve received four or five shipments successfully, with none intercepted. Now I have enough to supply not only my own family, but was able to help out a family friend in dire need a couple of months ago.

You won’t want to wait until you need IVM to order it, since it takes anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks to receive it. My own strategy has been to wait until I receive an order, then immediately re-order the next day to get another batch on the way. On one particular occasion, 6 weeks went by with no sign of the order, and when I contacted the vendor, they immediately shipped me a replacement order at no cost, no questions asked. Eventually both the original order and the replacement showed up, and I squared it with them the next day. So far, a totally good experience, and thankfully, we ourselves have not needed it so far (knock on wood!).

Oroboros
    Participant

Ponnuru’s Corollary to Hanlon’s Razor

Never attribute to strategy what can be explained by emotion.

Huskynut
    Participant

@expatkiwi
    Factors to consider – whether the job is public sector or private, contract or permanent, which industry:

The majority of the public sector here is moving toward mandates even bean counters working remotely. Not because of any science, but because TPTB feel they can and must. The private sector is not so uniform. Some are leaning heavily toward mandates, especially where the Board and/or senior exec are heavily virtue signalling (eg looking to leverage their stance into other Board positions). Others are more rational, given the practical realities of the need to source staff to make a profit.

In many industries, NZ has relied on open borders to source staff, meaning the closed borders have led to acute staff shortages in some areas (reflected in those salaries rocketing up). IT has typically had a large intake of South African, Indian, Indonesian staff.. this supply has now been closed for two years.

My employer (as with many) allows staff to work remotely but expects them to be in the office at least half the week. They’ve just introduced a policy which precludes unjabbed from coming into the office, which should logically lead to termination of unjabbed. But they’ve left themselves wiggle room by stating each situation is up to discussion between the individual and their manager. Currently I’m being permitted to work fully remotely, but it’s a complete limbo, subject to change by fiat or whim at a moment’s notice. I suspect I’m being permitted this latitude solely as I’ve demonstrated my value over the past few months, whilst there have been several unfilled positions in my team.

My crystal ball view of the future (to be taken with a healthy dose of salt) – Jacinda et al have painted themselves into a very tight corner and will not be dropping mandates for at least several months, even as the UK, Ireland etc open up. They are idealogically wedded to the 5-eyes group in particular Australia and Canada, where coercion is still increasing rather than receding.

There is a strong and vocal anti-mandate movement led by the groups Voices for Freedom amongst others. The media portray these groups only in the worst terms with portraits of the extreme fringe elements. But the core VFF group, started and led by a trio of 30-something media-savvy mums is working steadily and with focus to build strong alternate communities. Eg they just launched a group facilitating sport for all kids, particularly those excluded by mandates. When the SHTF – economically, politically, even militarily (eg Ukraine) as I expect to happen in 2022, groups like VFF have the platforms, communities, people of goodwill etc to be the foundation for strong and effective coping mechanisms and networks. The energy present at protests etc organised by these groups is strong, focused and positive.. the opposite of the way they’re typically portrayed as disaffected weirdos.

If you want to discuss more you’re welcome to contact me at huskynut20 AT gmail.

Oroboros
    Participant

The whole deal behind ‘telemedicine is more profit for corporations, automate the ‘doctors’ out of the loop.

“Doctors’ are mostly quacks as it is before the Plandemic.

Now they are going to be Shuck n’ Jives on the Corporate Plantation.

Bobbleheads connected to an AI database to put a ‘human’ face on treatment, until they can Max Headroom even that part out.

Quacks like a duck…

John Day
    Participant

@Figmund Sreud:
    I wish you well. May the force be with you.

Oroboros
    Participant

Think of Max Headroom as The AI behind Elon Musk’s ‘self-driving car’

Your in Good Hands with Max & Elon.

To Infinity and Beyond!!!

chooch
    Participant

those darned kids
    Participant
    John Day
    Participant

https://www.johndayblog.com/2022/01/world-in-context.html
    I will leave off the COVID news here. You have mostly seen it.

Should every event in the world be taken in this context? It simplifies the interpretation of politics.
    2022: Energy limits are likely to push the world economy into recession ,Gail Tverberg
    In my view, there are three ways a growing economy can be sustained:
    With a growing supply of cheap-to-produce energy products, matched to the economy’s energy needs.
    With growing debt and other indirect promises of future goods and services, such as rising asset prices.
    With growing complexity, such as greater mechanization of processes and supply lines that extend around the world.
    All three of these approaches are reaching limits. The empty shelves some of us have been seeing recently are testimony to the fact that complexity is reaching a limit. And the growth in debt looks increasingly like a bubble that can easily be popped, perhaps by rising interest rates.
    In my view, the first item listed is critical at this time: Is the supply of cheap-to-produce energy products growing fast enough to keep the world economy operating and the debt bubble inflated? My analysis suggests that it is not…
    The basic reason why oil production is low is because oil prices have been too low for producers since about 2012. Companies have had to cut back on developing new fields in higher cost areas because oil prices have not been high enough to justify such investments. For example, producers from shale formations could add new wells outside the rapidly depleting “core” regions if the oil price were much higher, perhaps $120 to $150 per barrel. But US WTI oil prices averaged only $57 per barrel in 2019, $39 per barrel in 2020, and $68 per barrel in 2021, so this new investment has not been started.
    Recently, oil prices have been over $80 per barrel, but even this is considered too high by politicians. For example, countries are releasing oil from their strategic oil reserves to try to force oil prices down…
    Now, in 2022, we are hitting the issue of very slowly rising natural gas production head-on in many parts of the world. Countries that import natural gas without long-term contracts are facing spiking prices. Countries in Europe and Asia are especially affected. The United States has mostly been isolated from the spiking prices thanks to producing its own natural gas. Also, only a small portion of the natural gas produced by the US is exported (9% in 2020).
    The reason for the small export percentage is because shipping natural gas as LNG tends to be very expensive. Long-distance LNG shipping only makes economic sense if there is a several dollar (or more) price differential between the buyer’s price and the seller’s costs that can be used to cover the high transport costs…
    High natural gas prices can have very adverse consequences. In areas with high prices, products made using natural gas as a raw material will tend to be squeezed out. One such product is urea, used as a nitrogen fertilizer. With less nitrogen fertilizer available, food production is likely to fall…
    Coal seems to be having the same problem with rising costs as oil. The cost of producing the coal is rising because of depletion, but citizens cannot afford to pay more for end products made with coal, such as electricity, steel and solar panels. Coal producers need higher prices to cover their higher costs, but it becomes increasingly difficult to pass these higher costs on to consumers. This is because politicians want to keep electricity prices low to keep their citizens and businesses happy…
    China is the world’s largest coal producer and consumer. A major concern is that the country has serious coal depletion problems. It has experienced rolling blackouts since the fall of 2020…
    With these low natural gas prices, as well as coal pollution concerns, a significant amount of US electricity production was switched from coal to natural gas. It is my view that this change left coal in the ground, potentially for later use. Thus, if natural gas prices rise again, US coal production could perhaps rise again. The catch, of course, is that many coal-fired electricity-generating plants in the US have been taken out of service…
    Wind and solar, with their subsidies, tend to look more profitable to investors, even though they cannot support the economy without a substantial amount of supplementary electricity production from other electricity providers, which, perversely, they are driving out of business through their subsidized pricing structure…
    Politicians would like us to believe that we live in a world of everlasting economic growth and that the only thing we should fear is climate change. They base their analyses on models by economists who seem to think that an “invisible hand” will fix all problems. The economy can always grow; enough fossil fuels and other resources will always be available. Governments seem to be able to print money; somehow, this money will be transformed into physical goods and services. With these assumptions, the only problems are distant ones that central banks and carbon taxes can handle.
    The realists are historians and physicists. They tell us that a huge number of past economies have collapsed when their populations attempted to grow at the same time that their resource bases were depleting. These realists tell us that there is a high probability that our current economy will eventually collapse, as well…
    We now seem to be encountering lower energy supply while population continues to rise. It takes energy for any activity that we think of as contributing to GDP to occur. We should not be surprised if we are at the edge of a recession. If we cannot get our energy problems solved, the downturn could be very long-lasting.

2022: Energy limits are likely to push the world economy into recession

John Day
    Participant

Breaking ranks in the EU?
    Czech Republic Abolishes Plan To Mandate COVID-19 Vaccines
    https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/czech-republic-abolishes-plan-mandate-covid-19-vaccines

Adding some chance of a carrot to that big-stick threat…
    Austria Introduces COVID-19 Vaccination Lottery, Winners Get €500 In Vouchers
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/austria-introduces-covid-19-vaccination-lottery-winners-get-eu500-vouchers

John Day
    Participant

It was very noticeable when this week British military flights delivering weapons to Ukraine deliberately avoided German airspace – so much so that Berlin issued a statement clarifying that the German government had not demanded this ahead of time, saying it has “not denied access to its airspace as the UK did not submit a request, there has been no dispute between the UK and Germany on this issue.”
    Despite being a lead NATO country and close US ally, it’s become clear Berlin has sought to avoid unnecessarily provoking Moscow, also as the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline is soon to come online pending the significant hurdle of regulatory approval. This week it became evident that Germany will not directly export weapons to Ukraine, even as allies like the UK and US have begun to. This also has a lot to do with a long-standing arms export control policy which prevents German arms from going into geopolitical hot zones…. “Germany is blocking North Atlantic Treaty Organization ally Estonia from giving military support to Ukraine by refusing to issue permits for German-origin weapons to be exported to Kyiv [not even German-made rifles, already stockpiled in other NATO countries] as it braces for a potential Russian invasion,” the report say. https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/germany-blocks-nato-partners-supplying-its-weapons-ukraine

And instead of locking arms with the U.S. and other transatlantic allies to help Ukraine prepare for an attack, Germany has sought to placate Russia by taking some of the West’s most powerful deterrents off the table.
    As the crisis has intensified, German officials and politicians have strenuously opposed using the threat of suspending Russia from SWIFT, the Belgium-based international payments system, a step that would make it extremely difficult for Russian entities to engage in international commerce.
    Even Germany’s conservative opposition cautioned against using SWIFT as a bargaining chip. Friedrich Merz, leader of the center-right Christian Democrats, said suspending Russia’s access to the network would be the financial market equivalent of dropping an “atomic bomb.”
    While Scholz has signaled that halting Nord Stream 2, a natural gas pipeline between Germany and Russia awaiting final regulatory approval, would “have to be discussed” if Russia invades Ukraine, he has stopped well short of pledging to do so.
    https://www.politico.eu/article/germany-pivot-from-america/

John Day
    Participant

Can Russia find a way to avoid fulfilling this NATO Ukraine-invasion prophecy?
    US training and support for Ukraine’s military is a major point of tensions between the US and Russia, and the cooperation goes far beyond the special operators’ mission. Since the 2014 US-backed coup in Kyiv, the US has provided about $2.5 billion in military aid to Ukraine.
    Last week, Yahoo News reported that the CIA has been training Ukrainian paramilitaries at a base inside the United States since 2015. The New York Times reported that the Biden administration is considering backing an insurgency in Ukraine if Russia invades.

US Special Operations Forces Continue Mission in Ukraine Amid Russia Tensions

​ ​”Russia is moving two divisions of its S-400 Triumph air-defense systems, designed to take down enemy warplanes, into neighboring Belarus to take part in military exercises, the Ministry of Defense confirmed on Friday,” Russian state sources report.S-400 missiles are reportedly being transported to Belarus all the way from ​ ​Russia’s far east. While it comes as tensions are on edge, as the world’s eyes are watching the Russia-Ukraine border, the transfer of major military hardware to Minsk is said to be part of preparations for joint Belarus-Russian war drills set to run February 10 through 20.
    ​ ​The exercises will in part be aimed at “reinforcing the state border.” This is also likely intended as a response to this week’s White House-ordered “lethal aid” delivery to Ukraine’s military. The UK has also been flying in repeat plane-loads of weaponry, most likely including anti-tank missiles.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/kiev-now-crosshairs-russia-moves-fighter-jets-s-400-missiles-belarus-pentagon

Blinken was supposed to have that written response yesterday for Lavrov. He did not. “Next week”.
    ​ ​Blinken’s meeting with Lavrov came two days after President Joe Biden muddled the US message of severe consequences for Russia, saying at a press conference that a “minor incursion” might not trigger the same response from NATO as an invasion. Biden clarified Thursday that any Russian troops crossing Ukraine’s border would constitute an invasion…
    ​ ​”I told him that following the consultations that we’ll have in the coming days with allies and partners, we anticipate that we will be able to share with Russia our concerns and ideas in more detail and in writing next week, and we agreed to further discussions after that,” Blinken told reporters following his sitdown with Lavrov.
    ​ ​White House press secretary Jen Psaki said the US planned to put in writing “the serious concerns that we and other allies and partners have about Russia’s actions, as well as ideas for how we might actually strengthen each other’s sense of security going forward.”
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/21/politics/blinken-lavrov-geneva-meeting-ukraine/index.html

US Embassy Orders Evacuation Of Non-Essential Staff & Diplomats’ Family Members From Ukraine
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-embassy-ukraine-orders-evacuation-all-non-essential-staff-diplomats-family-members

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

On Russia, … interesting essay by a Canadian prof ( University of Ottawa ) :

WHY RUSSIA FEARS NATO

… intro:
    One of the most self-defeating concepts I’ve run into in the past 20 years is the idea that if somebody else is wrong about something, then one doesn’t have to pay any attention to their opinion. “Wrong” could mean either factually or morally/legally incorrect, or both. Regardless, the theory is that if I am right and you are wrong, then what you think shouldn’t affect my behaviour. I should do what I believe it is right to do regardless of your opinion. Wrongness can’t defeat rightness. […]

… rest:
    Why Russia Fears NATO

F.S.

chooch
    Participant

The best next-door neighbor we’ve ever had (around 50; really fit) was playing broomball last night, when he collapsed, dead.
    There will be an autopsy.

We’ll really miss him.

aspnaz
    Participant

This week was amusing here in Hong Kong for the desperation in China to avoid any loss of face over Covid: their latest outbreak is being blamed on “imported” frozen food, an outbreak in Hong Kong is being blamed on “imported” hamsters (pets), another outbreak in Hong Kong (2700 people locked down in one building) is being blamed on a “super spreader”: apparently this means someone who has the virus, yet tests negative but can spread the virus – in other words a meaningless explanation.

Notice how in all cases the Chinese didn’t do anything wrong? It is never the fault of the Chinese: expats have been blamed, philippino maids have been blamed, foreign hamsters have been blamed, foreign frozen food has been blamed. You have got to wonder who will be the next foreign villain.

those darned kids
    Participant

my condolences, mpsk.

those darned kids
    Participant

that’s pretty wild, chooch. pretty soon, i’ll be able to make my own viruses, too*.

*just kidding, nsa..

John Day
    Participant

@My Parents Said Know: I am sorry to learn of the death of your good neighbor. I’m interested to hear what the autopsy finds. I hope they consider you-know-what…

@Figmund Sreud: of course it’s irrational for Russia to fear NATO, but just for the sake of argument…
    🙂

Thanks, tdk. He had a pair of dogs- a husky who survived his pal and grew lonely, so the neighbor went out and found a malamute who had recently lost his pal, whose owners were moving to assisted living. It took a few months for the two to bond, but when they did…
    Mac (the malamute) was basso, and Jett, the husky, was baritone. Sometimes, around four o’clock in the afternoon, they would sing the most mournful, achingly beautiful duets I have ever heard. (They also eventually sang happier songs consisting of mimicry of geese, coyotes, owls, train whistles, airplanes…)
    I can hear them singing a very sad song tonight, though they are two years gone.
    You can know a lot about a man by knowing his dogs.

Thanks, John Day. I don’t know if I will hear of the results. The memorial is in about three weeks.

John Day
    Participant

@Chooch: Thanks for the Matthew Crawford pieces.
    He seems to be enthusiastic and enjoying this investigation.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Ever wonder the sheer hypocrisy of decades of hearing from the gay community that they were born gay and can’t be changed by therapy, then along comes the ‘trans’ narrative and they can change and choose any gender, even made up hallucination genders, multiple times, no problemo?

That’s not how MtF and FtM transgenderism works at all. As for the “nonbinary” thing with the 70 genders and what-not, I suspect that’s mostly just a manifestation of some pretty severe social alienation.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

So MSNBC is trying to get us to believe that Trump tried to stage a coup d’etat on January 6 using the military and fake electors. Man, BSNBC really is getting every bit as sloppy and lazy as Pravda in the nineteen-seventies!

“Pa’s got things for you to do! And Mother wants you! I know she does. Shane! SHANE! Come back!”

xyz lucky is back. might be why Shane isn’t here- screws up so much.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.