Debt Rattle July 29 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 29 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    zerosum
    Participant

@ madamski cafone
    You sent me on a search …. the best that I found

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_seals
    The Seven Seals of God (from the Bible’s Book of Revelation) are the seven symbolic seals (Greek: σφραγῖδα, sphragida) that secure the book or scroll that John of Patmos saw in an apocalyptic vision. The opening of the seals of the document occurs in Rev Ch 5–8 and marks the Second Coming of the Christ and the beginning of The Apocalypse/Revelation. Upon the “Lamb”/”Lion” opening a seal on the cover of the book/scroll, a judgment is released or an apocalyptic event occurs. The opening of the first four Seals releases the Four Horsemen, each with his own specific mission.[6:1-8] The opening of the fifth Seal releases the cries of martyrs for the “Word/Wrath of God”.[6:9-11] The sixth Seal prompts earthquakes and other cataclysmic events.[1][6:12-17] The seventh Seal cues seven angelic trumpeters who in turn cue the seven bowl judgments and more cataclysmic events.

Did we change?
    Did the wisdom of the ancients prevent the end of social/economic structures?

Mr. House
    Participant

“In the short run, it’s probably a powerful financial/economic leveraging tool by China, but that’s nothing new. We’ve been selling ourselves to China for half a century. But soil, farmland… you have to invade and occupy a place to own its farmland. Financial markers will move about in the economic arm-wrestle between China/USA, but whatever “ownership” China has of USA topsoil will be fleeting.”

Speculating: Invasion: alot easier if you release something that targets those who are vaccinated and you don’t have to deal with…………….

madamski cafone
    Participant

Re: Taibbi’s recent article and what Raul/Dr. D said about it:

Although Gibson doesn’t exactly strike me as a MAGA guy in real life, it is interesting to note that in the story, the “real” Earth timeline is one in which it’s implied that Hillary Clinton won the 2016 election (neither “Clinton” or “Trump” are mentioned by name anywhere in the book). However, it’s also the timeline in which a global thermonuclear war erupted around the Syrian conflict.”

That is from this guy, who writes for a presumably highly intelligent crowd.

One simply has to acknowledge the Orange Man Bad ducal signet or be branded Orange.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

the ‘real’ Earth timeline is one in which it’s implied that Hillary Clinton won the 2016 election (neither ‘Clinton’ or ‘Trump’ are mentioned by name anywhere in the book). However, it’s also the timeline in which a global thermonuclear war erupted around the Syrian conflict.

So I helped change the timeline in such a way that we actually didn’t all end up being glowing-in-the-dark corpses? {/high-fives self}

madamski cafone
    Participant

P.S. Last I knew, Gibson was hiding behind TDS like most famous rich people. Brilliant writer, brilliant thinker, total renegade. But you gotta love this quote: “If someone claiming to be from the future had shown me Boris Johnson I’d have told him to fuck off.”

By now, I suspect Gibson’s realized we’re not living under a conservative fascism a la Trump but, rather, a superficially, nominally liberal fascism under which lies something richer and stranger, with a Jack-in-the-Box sock puppet the so-called lesser evil making it increasingly hard not to wish you at least had a wildman like Donald fucking things up than a bought’n’sold Depends spokesperson fucking things down, down, down…

Mister Roboto
    Participant

From the website MG just linked to:

In one of the early stubs, it is Trump who won the 2016 election, and although no nuclear conflagration occurred then, a series of rolling catastrophes remembered by history as The Jackpot, ensued. The Jackpot resulted in massive depopulation, the destruction of democracy globally, and a system of interlocking fiefdoms run by a new governance structure openly acknowledged to be a kleptocracy.

Hmmm, now what could this “Jackpot” be? I’ll just have to think long and hard on that one, I will! 😉

Bill7
    Participant

The voice of […] speaks:

Ezra Klein
    What if the Unvaccinated Can’t Be Persuaded?
    July 29, 2021

Ezra Klein

By Ezra Klein

Opinion Columnist

“I hate that I believe the sentence I’m about to write. It undermines much of what I spend my life trying to do. But there is nothing more overrated in politics — and perhaps in life — than the power of persuasion.

It is nearly impossible to convince people of what they don’t want to believe. Decades of work in psychology attest to this truth, as does most everything in our politics and most of our everyday experience. Think of your own conversations with your family or your colleagues. How often have you really persuaded someone to abandon a strongly held belief or preference? Persuasion is by no means impossible or unimportant, but on electric topics, it is a marginal phenomenon.

Which brings me to the difficult choice we face on coronavirus vaccinations. The conventional wisdom is that there is some argument, yet unmade and perhaps undiscovered, that will change the minds of the roughly 30 percent of American adults who haven’t gotten at least one dose. There probably isn’t. The unvaccinated often hold their views strongly, and many are making considered, cost-benefit calculations given how they weigh the risks of the virus, and the information sources they trust to inform them of those risks. For all the exhortations to respect their concerns, there is a deep condescension in believing that we’re smart enough to discover or invent some appeal they haven’t yet heard.

[Get more Ezra Klein by listening to his Opinion podcast, “The Ezra Klein Show.”]

If policymakers want to change their minds, they have to change their calculations by raising the costs of remaining unvaccinated, the benefits of getting vaccinated, or both. If they can’t do that, or won’t, the vaccination effort will most likely remain stuck — at least until a variant wreaks sufficient carnage to change the calculus.

You can see the weakness of persuasion in the eerie stability of vaccination preferences. The Kaiser Family Foundation has been surveying Americans about their vaccination intentions since December. At that time, 15 percent said they would “definitely” refuse to get vaccinated, 9 percent said they would get a shot only “if required,” and 39 percent wanted to “wait and see.”

Six months later, Kaiser asked the same question. By then, most of the wait-and-see crowd had seen enough to get vaccinated. The only-if-required crew shrank, but only by a bit: 6 percent of Americans were still waiting on a mandate. But the definitely-notters had barely budged: They numbered 15 percent in December and 14 percent in June.

I don’t want to overstate my case. There was movement between groups. Some people who said they would definitely refuse a vaccine in December had gotten one by June. About a quarter of those who intended to watch and wait decided firmly against getting vaccinated. But the surprise in Kaiser’s data is the consistency of people’s views. In December, 73 percent of American adults said they were eager to get vaccinated or were at least open to the possibility. Today, 69 percent of Americans over the age of 18 have gotten at least one shot. “Most vaccine behaviors match what people planned to do six months ago,” Kaiser concluded.

With Delta supercharging transmission among the unvaccinated, the debate now is how to persuade them to get a shot (or two). I’m sympathetic to most of the ideas people have offered. The F.D.A. should give the vaccines full approval, not just emergency authorization, as the agency’s absurd process has created mass confusion and fed mistrust. We should respect people’s concerns and their intelligence. We should admit that the medical system has failed many of us before, and treated Black Americans with particular callousness. We should be honest that many are making a risk calculation for themselves, rather than indulging a conspiracy theory. We should support leading Republicans who are trying to ease the barriers of partisan identity. If Sarah Huckabee Sanders wants to call it “the Trump vaccine” and sell shots as a way of sticking it to the media and the Democrats and Anthony Fauci, I wish her the best.

We should also, of course, do everything we can to make vaccination frictionless. It’s easy to get a shot in a big city, but many people still live far from medical providers and cut off from the internet. Others lack transportation, or have jobs that make it hard to take a day off to recover from the fluish side effects, or have physical or mental impairments that make treatment difficult.

But I suspect all of this will change a depressingly modest number of minds. There are no speeches more powerful than the fear of disease and the grief of loss. That’s evident in the vaccination data now. Delta does appear to be driving a surge in vaccinations. But is this really our strategy? More death will lead to more shots in arms? One of the most heartbreaking stories I’ve read lately came from a Facebook post by Brytney Cobia, a doctor in Alabama. She wrote:

I’ve made a LOT of progress encouraging people to get vaccinated lately!!! Do you want to know how? I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious Covid infections. One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late. A few days later when I call time of death, I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same. They cry. And they tell me they didn’t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was “just the flu.” But they were wrong. And they wish they could go back. But they can’t. So they thank me and they go get the vaccine.

Phil Valentine, a conservative radio host in Nashville who said he wouldn’t get vaccinated and made parody songs about “the Vaxman,” caught the virus, and his condition quickly turned critical. He’s now in the hospital, on a ventilator. “He regrets not being more vehemently ‘pro-vaccine,’ and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air,” his radio station said in a statement.

This is one problem with trusting our rationality: The choice we make now, before we catch the virus, may not be the choice we will wish we had made once we get sick. Then there’s the stubborn fact that individual decisions have collective consequences. It may indeed be the case that a healthy 19-year-old American has little to fear from the coronavirus. But his immunosuppressed grandfather has much to fear from him. Whether it is a more severe imposition on liberty to ask someone to get vaccinated or regularly tested than to ask all immunosuppressed people in the country to effectively shelter in place for the rest of their lives is a collective question that demands a collective answer.

Other countries are offering that answer, and seeing results. Emmanuel Macron, the president of France, proposed a law requiring either proof of vaccination or a negative test result for many indoor activities. The mere prospect of a vaccine mandate set off mass protests. It also led to a surge in vaccinations. On July 1, 50.8 percent of the French population had gotten at least one shot — putting France 3.5 points behind America. By Sunday, 59.1 percent of France had been at least partially vaccinated, putting it 2.7 points ahead of us.

A number of American employers are following suit. On Thursday, the Biden administration is expected to announce a directive requiring all civilian federal workers to get vaccinated or face routine testing and restrictions. California and New York will require proof of vaccination or routine negative test results for all state employees. New York City is imposing the same requirement for its public employees. Around 600 college campuses have announced that they’ll require vaccinations for students returning in the fall. There’s no hard count of how many businesses are requiring vaccinations or test results to come back to work, but the anecdotal answer appears to be “a lot.”

There is nothing new about this. We do not solely rely on argumentation to persuade people to wear seatbelts. A majority of states do not leave it to individual debaters to hash out whether you can smoke in indoor workplaces. Polio and measles were murderous, but their near elimination required vaccine mandates, not just public education. When George Washington wanted to protect his soldiers from smallpox, he made vaccinations mandatory. It worked. “No revolutionary regiments were incapacitated by the disease during the southern campaign, and the mandate arguably helped win the yearslong war,” wrote Aaron Carroll.

The objection I find most convincing to any kind of vaccine mandate is that we have not built the infrastructure to make it work. What if someone who received a vaccine has lost her card, or her information was wrongly recorded when she got her shot? If we try to carry this out through smartphones, what if you don’t have a smartphone, or you lose it? If you want to choose frequent testing, how do you get access to those tests, and who pays for it, and how are the results recorded? If you have a problem, who do you call to solve it? How long are the wait times when you call? What if you need an answer quickly?

I covered both the debacle of the HealthCare.gov launch and the now-multidecade failure to transition to electronic medical records. We just watched state unemployment insurance systems nearly collapse under the demands of the pandemic. Perhaps we don’t have the capacity to do this well. But with so many public and private employers mandating vaccination for their workforces, we’ll know soon enough. Either they’ll build models that can scale or they will fail spectacularly enough to settle the question. And either way, this suggests a step the government could take right now: Funding, building and deploying an excellent vaccination passport infrastructure — backed up by ubiquitous rapid-testing options, for those cases when the passport fails — that private and public employers can use to implement their own policies.

Though I’d like to believe otherwise, I don’t think our politics can support a national vaccination mandate. The places that would most benefit from a mandate would be those most opposed to following one, and deepening partisan divisions here would be catastrophic (this is a problem that also afflicts the C.D.C.’s new masking guidance, as my colleague David Leonhardt notes). A high-stakes showdown between, say, the federal government and the State of Florida over a mandate would be a distraction we don’t need. Quickly building the records and testing options for individual employers to take the first steps seems like the right middle ground, at least for now.

Making it more annoying to be unvaccinated won’t persuade everyone to get a shot. But we don’t need everyone. According to Kaiser’s data, 16 percent of American adults are still in the wait-and-see or only-if-required categories. If they all got vaccinated, we’d hit herd immunity in most places. If more of the unvaccinated were routinely getting tested, that would help, too. And if cases then fell, the restrictions could lift.

The Delta strain is fearsome enough, but if we keep permitting the virus to dance across the defenseless, we could soon have a strain that evades vaccines while retaining lethality, or that attacks children with more force. Over and over again throughout this pandemic, the same pattern has played out: We haven’t done enough to suppress the virus when we still could, so we have had to impose far more draconian lockdowns and grieve far more death, once we have lost control. For this reason among many, I urge those who object to vaccination passports as an unprecedented stricture on liberty to widen their tragic imagination.”

Mr. House
    Participant

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/virtue-signaling-mayors-get-amnesia-campaign-trail-after-defund-police-results-national

A thought: What if you cry defund the police and chase out officers with different view points then yourself, then about face and rehire those who will do what you ask them to? Same thing for the military?

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@madamski cafone “the Boz”

Challenge accepted. Here’s a new topic auditioning for the role of TAE Obsession Of The Moment :

Any of you here old enough to remember the term “Assymetric Warfare” ? It was quite the rage 20+ years ago but seems to have fallen out of fashion. Not to be fully conflated with the the term “Unconventional Warfare” the two share many characteristics, and along with good old blood drenched “Conventional Warfare” pretty well cover the gamut of large scale mayhem.

In any case, here is the question : Are we now experiencing “real deal” , world wide, Assymetric Warfare ? And if so, who are the combatant parties and what are their respective vectors of force projection? Basically, who is fighting, what does each want, and how are they going about smiting their enemies and protecting their home turf?

those darned kids
    Participant

Making it more annoying to be unvaccinated won’t persuade everyone to get a shot. But we don’t need everyone. According to Kaiser’s data, 16 percent of American adults are still in the wait-and-see or only-if-required categories. If they all got vaccinated, we’d hit herd immunity in most places.

“Oh, the jobs people work at! Out west near Hawtch-Hawtch there’s a Hawtch-Hawtcher bee watcher, his job is to watch. Is to keep both his eyes on the lazy town bee, a bee that is watched will work harder you see. So he watched and he watched, but in spite of his watch that bee didn’t work any harder not mawtch. So then somebody said “Our old bee-watching man just isn’t bee watching as hard as he can, he ought to be watched by another Hawtch-Hawtcher! The thing that we need is a bee-watcher-watcher!”. Well, the bee-watcher-watcher watched the bee-watcher. He didn’t watch well so another Hawtch-Hawtcher had to come in as a watch-watcher-watcher! And now all the Hawtchers who live in Hawtch-Hawtch are watching on watch watcher watchering watch, watch watching the watcher who’s watching that bee. You’re not a Hawtch-Watcher you’re lucky you see!”

madamski cafone
    Participant

Regarding China using bioweapons to reduce USA population so it can invade: plasuible.

Same guy who cites Gibson wrote:

“Scenario 2: Tin Foil Hats
    This scenario is one where we posit (merely as a thought experiment) that the conspiracy theories around Coronavirus could be true. These range from it being a weaponized virus that either escaped, or was unleashed, to the assertion that the entire Coronavirus hysteria is a hoax, perpetrated by Global Elites (probably the Lizard People) in order to take down the economy and institute worldwide martial law. In this scenario we might be in the early innings of World War Three, only the war isn’t being fought with bombs and bullets, it’s being fought with biological agents and weaponized financial derivatives.”

I suspect he feels he should use dismissive terms like ‘tin foil hat’ and ‘lizard people’ to remain credible to much of his paying audience.

THis is a headline from a Feb 202 article:

“China and Russia adopt ‘one team’ mindset on COVID vaccines vs US
    Neighbors deepen cooperation as Washington vows to ‘distrust but verify'”

I see this supporting the idea of China invading via bioweapon genocide. It suggests two allies working together to make sure they don’t fuck up the vaccines they need to be safe from said bioweapon.

Me, I think we have obvious economic warfare by the Rus/China/Iran axis of itself, first of all, then secondly, an accidental release of something that could or could not be a biowepaon, finished or incomplete, and China/Rus working closely, once the cat got out of the bag, and Putin made that call to Xi, saying, “Talk, motherfucker. We’re allies not friends. What the fuck have you done now?”

Both nations are using REAL vaccines and taking this very seriously. Meanwhile, Euromerica and satellites are destroying themselves not via biowepaon but by classic very-late-stage empire collapse, the age marked by a success of leaders that make you asks, Is heshe that evil or that stupid? (beginning with Reagan, I feel), with Poppy and Clenis leaning the question toward Evil, Dubya setting the bar toward Stupid, Obama leaning it back toward Evil, Trump trashing the entire scale, lord love him, and Biden unable to remember the question in the first place.

If the USA population shrinks small enough, yeah, we’d be easy to own. We might beg to be occupied.

But even without an internal covid populaton decimation, China will be in no position to invade for awhile. It would have to majorloy retool its factories for making quality not shyte, and reset its currency to where ti could play the “guns AND butter” ploy long enough to properly occupy North America.

Putin wouldn’t sign on for it because he has a proper fair psychopathic sense of justice: he knows that karma is real, and more than taking care of your own is begging for trouble.

So, I say: plausible but not likely.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“Hmmm, now what could this “Jackpot” be? I’ll just have to think long and hard on that one, I will!”

Gibson is adamant that there is in his fiction, nor will be in reality, One BIg Thing to end it all. Just a gradually expanding clusterfuck. As we see happening daily since way back to the age of the Pharaohs, but let’s stick to1900. You can see a dramatic uptick in destructive insanity hand-in-hand with scientific progress (or so it’s called).

Dr. D
    Participant

Quick Check says, #1 White, perhaps pestilence. #2 Red, war. #3 Black, famine. #4, Green, unknown, but on it rides Death himself accompanied by Hell. Possibly modern, oligarchic environmentalism as a response to 1, 2, and 3.

So we are at One – maybe – but if so it would make sense Famine and War would follow. Look at the news, but cranks like John have been saying that since Nero. These are not the only interpretations, and were very different 1,000 years ago, but that doesn’t matter: Forces generally highjack existing myths and refer to them, MAKE them true to achieve their own ends.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

For Gibson, yes, TDS is your Baptist Purity Ring for Liberals and “good people” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ring_(South_Park) but for authors, there was the most fascinating myth on the internet, of John Titor, who claimed to be a time-traveler, but then predicted a number of very obscure things before 2001. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

The main one that concerns us now was that the U.S. would fall into open Civil War over a he/she Presidency. “He/she”? Since when was that the way to describe it? Also Florida was the strongest resistance, which as God’s Waiting Room, no resources, over 80, seemed the least likely but is also pointing up to be true. The time-physics he presented also appear to be stronger than what was physics consensus in 2000. That is, he could travel but could not steer well, and the further away the less accurate. That nearly precludes any hope of returning to his timeline, as indeed he claimed he didn’t.

He also knew some exceptionally obscure information about rare, old (even then) computer types which were indeed true, back when such computers would only be used by national governments.

Two ideas: One, he was right, and went back in time. However, considering his target uncle’s location in government/federal reserve perhaps, no one would believe him, but maybe one or more people did. Who would they tell? Who would believe them? So they put the information in their hat, vowing to prevent an on-side civil war and open nuclear exchange. This would be why Greenspan went nuts stopping Y2K, which otherwise didn’t seem that bad, as that APPEARED to be the point at which the Titor’s U.S. went into decay, dissolution, de-industrialization, culminating later in the contentious he/she Presidency that broke into war. …Now doesn’t that seem incredibly likely?

IF he was correct, then they knew a LOT…but only up until 2000, when they radically changed the timeline and were blind again, although they could be aware all these long-forces remained out there as risks.

Second, Why believe this for a moment? Why not say, by 2000 the U.S. had their first quantum computers and enough time to waste on pet projects for them, maybe as the 1st quantum was retired. Why not feed everything you know into it and see what it says about the American future? I would. You and the CIA, Mil-Intel can read it. Okay, great, what fun is that? This is a stark, direct, ominous warning for the Republic. You need to leak it to the people immediately. Great but how do you do that? Say, “Hi, I’m General HardCase and I approved this above top secret leak?” No. Make up some dumb story and post it on the new internet, using voodoo like Coast-to-Coast radio, at 2am.

I really could care less. The interesting thing is the impressions of the story, the same as when a novelist writes, or even predicts, as Titanic was predicted, and little Baron Trump, 1889.

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” –Old Crowe

Dr. D
    Participant

Adding the Y2K timeline, things happened faster, because of the instant failure of BaU, of “normal” as they’re only trying to force now. However, the White Hats’ backup player in Mil-Intel, Cheeto, still existed (or not) and the NeoLib/Con force de jure, Hillary, still ordained to own all. So the (only) two existing sides still put their people in the ring, but 20 years earlier. Same dynamics. But you see they’re all too old now. It’s all been delayed, forestalled. Collapse is being bulwarked and supported, refusing to obey. Even ’08 couldn’t sink it.

Can you see that Gibson (and many others) scenario? Authors, poets, are generally associated with prophets and shamans, far seers. It’s their job to do so. “Lethal Weapon” is no fun if it gets too far from reality as “Last Jedi”. It has to be close, parallel, plausible, immediate, relevant.

History is not written. Our actions CAN, if large enough, change the future — of course, or there would be no free will. So if you WANT a future with no horsemen, lots of food, and freedom for your children and reporters, you can have it. Just take it. But it takes vision, will, and hard work.

“The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it for the first time with a sense of hope, because if a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can, too.” -T2

TAE Summary
    Participant

I was intrigued by Rototillerman’s suggestion yesterday of using A Tale of Two Narratives as a basis for comparing the narratives. I started going through past TAE posts and adding links under bullet items. As expected, most TAE links support the counter narrative and there are many more to go through. In fairness I started googling items from the mainstream narrative and adding links to those. The preliminary result is here and I will add some more and repost in a few days.
    I am of course biased, but the impression I got as I googled and added mainstream links is that the mainstream narrative is thin. For example I googled “why should we trust the cdc” and all the links were about how no one trusts the CDC, and that from google. Try googling “why should kids be vaccinated for covid” and see what falderal comes up. Even so I am trying to document the mainstream points as objectively as possible.
    If anyone can suggest a way to work on this collaboratively I would be glad to transfer what I have done to such a site.
    Oh, and I have prioritized this over summarizing 🙁

D Benton Smith
    Participant

correction : Asymetric Warfare, not Assymetric Warfare. Musta been a Fraudian slip.

DarkMatter
    Participant

Just read this at UNZ: Covid Riots
    I love the final paragraph:

And yet, far away from the media din we are surrounded by a beautiful world, full of grace and compassion. We deserve it. Our women could seduce the angels; our men defeated dragons. Our wise old folk argued with Socrates and prayed with Apostles. Every green valley, every river stream, every flower is a gift of God. Enjoy it, and ignore the busy termites who are well paid to keep us hanging on tenterhooks. Death is unavoidable; it is part and parcel of life. The best we can do is to avoid anxiety and enjoy life while it lasts. Let Fauci vaxx Bezos aboard their phallic spaceship. Just let them all fly away never to be seen again.

madamski cafone
    Participant
    Mr. House
    Participant

I noticed this a month or so ago but didn’t bring it up, has anyone else felt this to be the case?

Ping
    July 29, 2021 at 2:06 pm

I have observed an obvious campaign to throw shade on J&J from the start amplifying media coverage of J&J’s adverse events while minimizing or eliminating reporting of proportionally vastly more adverse events (per VAERS) of mRNA types.”

edit:J&J is still mRNA

madamski cafone
    Participant

My knowledge of the 4 Horsemen is ancient, going back to a unique kind of Mormon upbringing, and all the popular literature written about End Times, etc., especially sci-fi. That’s what I get for trusting my memory.

apoc

^&*

“This would be why Greenspan went nuts stopping Y2K, which otherwise didn’t seem that bad,”

It was bad. We fixed it. How? Out-sourced data programmers.

Why? Business owners not wanting to lose their shirts, including the likes of the Fed.

Mr. Greenspan said:

“I’m one of the culprits who created this problem. I used to write those programs back in the 1960s and 1970s, and was proud of the fact that I was able to squeeze a few elements of space out of my program by not having to put a 19 before the year. Back then, it was very important. We used to spend a lot of time running through various mathematical exercises before we started to write our programs so that they could be very clearly delimited with respect to space and the use of capacity. It never entered our minds that those programs would have lasted for more than a few years. As a consequence, they are very poorly documented. If I were to go back and look at some of the programs I wrote 30 years ago, I would have one terribly difficult time working my way through step-by-step.”
    —Alan Greenspan, 1998[19]

While I am all for the time-traveler being real, I’ll note that there are older traditions of explanation:

Factoid Hexadecimal code

“Computers “think” in Binary code, or Base Two. But that is very hard for humans to read, so computer programmers have a special code they use when talking to computers; it’s called Hexadecimal Code. It’s easier to read than Binary code, but a whole lot harder to read than English! As computers get more sophisticated, we programmers use hexadecimal less and less, but we still use it sometimes. For instance, I wanted to color this page dark purple, I wouldn’t tell the computer to paint it “dark purple”, I would tell the computer to paint it “#440044″, and the computer understood exactly what I meant (see the link about colors at the bottom of this page for more information about encoding colors).”

Close enough to 666 for many eople back then to think Y2K, along with bar-code scanning, was the Number of the Beast. That mytho-magical thinking still makes sense to me now. PLausible plot device, let’s say.

I see no reason to disclude Mr. Time-Traveler from such outlines, but for me personally he doesn’t cut it as a lead actor. More like a quirky but catalytic figure played by an equally quirky charatcer actor like Crispin Glover.

I think that clairvoyance is both real and common but typically lost in the noise of modern hyper-stimulated/hypnotized mental reality.

We are absolutely swimming in smoke today from Canadian fires. I hate AC but I turned it on to scrub the air. The link shows the smoke map for North America.
    While Stew Peters wrecks it with his “graphene=graphite=lead in pencils=lead” in “vaccines”, I think Karen Kingston says stuff worth hearing.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Thanx for that, Dark Matter.

zerosum
    Participant

Take care of the surge, (the hot spots).
    The pandemic is over.
    The recovery will never come. The trillions of dollars printed and spent are gone. Just like yesterday is gone.
    The battle continues.
    The war by our immune system will continue. Life is a balance of the virus.

Mr. House
    Participant

evidence they want you dead cause the tech can’t keep up?

https://advisory.kpmg.us/articles/2021/limits-to-growth.html

thomasjkenney
    Participant

Re: the Y2K stuff…

It’s as different (time math) for human intuition vs computer solution as trying to make a self-riding bicycle. Time seems second-nature to all of us, even including awareness of time zones, DST, most even aware intuitively of latitudinal differences in day length. The computer version of all this is a freshly-baked Gordian soft pretzel salted with methamphetamine hydrochloride.

chooch
    Participant

@Archie

Ok, let’s have some fun with this. When I was young, my mum used to mix up pitchers of a kool-aid like beverage from a company named Funny Face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funny_Face_(drink_mix)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funny_Face_(drink_mix)

My favorite was Choo Choo Cherry. This always left a cherry colored “Got Milk” smile on my upper lip. After a bit, my friends stated calling Choo Choo…eventually Chooch for short. Originally, this drink mix was called Chinese Cherry. Fortunately for me, I didn’t start drinking it until after the name change otherwise I might have been nicknamed “Chink”. Unfortunately though, the Calcium cyclamate left an indelible smile on my upper lip and sometimes the meanies tease me and call me Joker.

DarkMatter
    Participant

@madamski

My knowledge of the 4 Horsemen is ancient, going back to a unique kind of Mormon
    upbringing, and all the popular literature written about End Times

I take a little liberty but always think of the four horseman as Hunger, Violence and Disease with the fourth horse being the ultimate consequence of the first three, Death. The four horseman are the patron saints of the prepper movement.

And how does a unique Mormon upbringing differ from the standard Mormon upbringing?

those darned kids
    Participant

thanks for posting the grasshoppah link, mdmski c.!

although i have not eaten flesh for many years, in that kind of survival situation, and especially to protect my precious tomato plants, i would fire up the grill and eat ’em.

•••••

unfortunately, i found this on the same page: “Winnipeg Catholic priest accuses residential school survivors of lying about abuse for money”

you would think god’s hr department would have a better vetting process..

If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity they will go.

~ revelation 13.10 (i don’t really like the sword part that follows.)

those darned kids
    Participant

oh, please, oh, please,

¿¡¿will someone please post a link for the cartoon “flip the frog – funny face” from the youtube (all hail google!)?!?

this is ub iwerks at his finest – back when america made useful stuff.

those darned kids
    Participant

oops, a little racist stuff in there, 1930s.. and such.

Oroboros
    Participant

Geert Vanden Bossche is lookin’ good.

Dr Malone, inventor of the mRNA, says the same as Geert, ADE is here, and accelerating.

Mission Accomplished

The CDC has Mad Cow Disease

So much for it’s ‘Super Organism’ status.

RIP

Ah, John Titor!
    If time travel exists, it has always existed.
    I like to think of it this way: if you go back in time, you will find yourself swimming in the genetic material of your future ancestors. If you go forward in time you will find yourself dead.
    If you can go corporeally back in time, you won’t remember what hasn’t happened. If you go forward, people will go, DUH! And if you return from the future, you won’t recall it. If you return from the past, people will go DUH!

Too cute to not relate: my chipmunk brought me a pink (carnation) today. He tapped at the window with it in his mouth, and when I opened the door, he dropped it when I gave him a peanut.
    Animals like me.

zerosum
    Participant

achieving “ZeroCOVID” – an impossible dream
    I you don’t want to believe what I’m saying, then will you believe
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/makary-fauci-its-time-stop-fearmongering-amid-widespread-natural-immunity
    Makary To Fauci: “It’s Time To Stop The Fearmongering” Amid Widespread Natural Immunity

Here’s the scary chart that has Fauci and The CDC and Pelosi and her cronies all demanding masks (or worse)…

Notice anything different this time? No one is dying!!!!

Dr. Fauci said last Aug. 13 that when you have fewer than 10 cases per 100,000, “you should be able to open up safely and clearly.” The U.S. reached that point in mid-May. It’s time to stop the fear mongering and level with the public about the incredible capabilities of both modern medical research and the human body’s immune system.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Assymetric versus asymetric means asinine asymetric warfare, which we can turn into, if we choose, assymimetric warfare aka assymimes at play.

Of course, asymetric war is nothing new. Just means someone invented a new weapon that is nodally transformative. The iron stirrup in 7th/8th century which allowed mounted armored knights. Everything about Genghis Khan’s Golden Horde including their superficial appearance of being just another army way too heavy on arrows but durn good with horses. Gunpowder. Gatling gun. Tanks. Nuclear weapons. ICBMs. Satellites. Global comm networks. Global air travel. Global finance. (not necessarily in that order)

If it yields power, it will be weaponized: we’re only human.

So, ultimately, asymetrical warfare is a fancy term for West Point smarty-pants to make their papers sound important. Not that they don’t understand the significance. A week or three after 911, Ira Glass of NPR’s This American Life did a segment on military brass watching the telly in a bar when The Towers did their mythologically resonant Star Wars collapse.

“Well, there goes America,” they said, in so many words, and used this term new to me, asymetrical warfare.

The current situation vis a vis asymetrical? It’s so uniformly asymetrical that it’s symetrical: everything is falling to pieces, with everyone bitching at everyone about every little thing, that the disintegration is eerily smooth and uniform (something William Gibson did get right, even as he endorsed the gradualist ‘vote the lesser evil’ nonsense that is the core driver of this smooth, yet all the more deadlier for it, disintegration.

I hope no one thinks I’m proselytising when I say the following. Hell, I rarely step into a church. But here goes: REAL asymetrical warfare is when Jesus and the Mystery Angelaliens return, trailing clo9uds of glory and all that divinely macho shit.

I was looking for an obscure cartoon about Reagan’s first Secretary of the Interior, James Watts, who famously thrashed anti-pollution/environmental protection regulations with the justification that “Jesus is Coming Soon” so use it up now while we can. In the cartoon, he holds that message in a sign. He is followed by popular wildlife: a deer, a bear, a squirrel, etc. holding signs saying things like ‘And he’s looking for you’, ‘cuz he’s pissed’, and ‘you in a heap o trubble, boy’..

No luck, but this popped up and seemed perfectly neo-Hollywood per our times:

via

Me, I got no horse in that race. I wanna Redeemer, and I dig clouds of trailing glory, but it’s none of my business whom such a deity might want to hammer.

“Vengeance is mine,” saith the Lord or Someone Who sounds just like Hir.

Meanwhile, back at the Christ residence, Little Jesus, Jr. is fucking with shit hE’s not supposed to:

Excellent!

^&*

Dr. D’s consideration of clairvoyance as a driver competes with Perfectly Laid Overlord plans. But not in a zero-sum way. Plenty room for both. In fact, no reason why Bill Gates can’t experience prophetic dreams that he grossly misinterprets because… have you SEEN a picture of him? He’s a chess club nerd. They tend to stop developing at age 11 with a perpetual 14-year old hardon. Not much blood gets to that brain outside its obsessive channels hogging all ther juice.

gates

That boy just ain’t right.

Oroboros
    Participant

The Pro vaccine guys like Geert and Malone know that the reputation the vaccine industry is going to be Gobshite as the dust settles on the Sea of Lies spewing from the pie-hole of the CDC.

So as a backdrop to today’s admission by the CDC that not only are the vaccinated super-spreaders, but that the vaccinated have ZERO immunity to the variants that they themselves produced!

I wonder what the Love Child of a carnal union between Schadenfreude and Karma would look like?

madamski cafone
    Participant

“And how does a unique Mormon upbringing differ from the standard Mormon upbringing?”

Chicago’s first North Side Ward, Logan Square, was my church from infancy to getting out of it at age 16. LOvely old building with serious stained glass windows and pigeons on the air balcony at the back of the peanut gallery, uh, mezzanine? (upstairs seating).

In the 60s, leaving at 16 in ’74.

A 1/3 of the congregation was college students doing Big Degrees: medical/law/engineering. Young dudes back from their mission, early-to-late 20s. Reading sci-fi. In a Democratic town where I saw first hand much of that civil rights stuff.

Compared to what I’ve since learned about the lockdown mindset of what some of us call ‘Utah Mormons’, with their straight-ticket GOP and closet fundie freak issues, and this general… boringness that passeth all understanding…. I was raised in a wild religious hippy commune. 😉

Rototillerman
    Participant

If anyone can suggest a way to work on this collaboratively I would be glad to transfer what I have done to such a site.

TAE Summary: I so want to do this. You’ve made a great start on it. Let’s discuss off-line outside of the comment section. Here is a throw-away email that you can use to contact me: [email protected].

PS: I would be a little worried about DropBox, or any other commercial entity, cutting off access if they became aware that there was ‘misinformation’ being shared. Keep a master copy outside of your Dropbox folder!

madamski cafone
    Participant

“The computer version of all this is a freshly-baked Gordian soft pretzel salted with methamphetamine hydrochloride.”

Whoa, dude. I mean, I adore meta-mixed metaphors, but maybe you should provide a chaser after one like that? I got vertigo. 😉

madamski cafone
    Participant

those darned kids:

The Frog is Flipped

“Dr. Skinnum.” Awesome.

madamski cafone
    Participant

“I wonder what the Love Child of a carnal union between Schadenfreude and Karma would look like?”

You too? First those darned kids, now you. My.eyes.the.goggles.do.nothing. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.