Debt Rattle June 7 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 7 2016

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Esther Bubley Soldiers with their girls at the Indianapolis bus station 1943 • This Job Market Slump Started In January • Yellen Sees Rates Rising Gra
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 7 2016]

Nassim
    Participant

“Goldman Probed Over Malaysia Fund 1MDB (WSJ)”

There is much more to this story than meets the eye.

Personally, I suspect that it was some sort of payoff to Najib to allow the fake MH17 investigation to be handled by the Dutch, British, Australians and Ukrainians. To keep Malaysia out of the picture. The plane was shot down on the 14 July 2014. The pilots were buried in Malaysia and the families were not permitted to open the caskets or to do their own autopsies.

Now, it seems that all these crooks have fallen out with one another. The West is suddenly “investigating” the money that Najib received. Najib for his part is now friends with Putin and wants the Russians and Malaysians to carry out their own investigation. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Najib met Putin to seek justice for MH17

Nassim
    Participant

“How bad is the propaganda? So bad the ABC and Greenpeace use photos of coral in Samoa”

It is really hard to work out what is really going on. The assumption is that the coral has died because of the water being too warm. Well, coral also dies when the water is too cold.

The fact that the Great Barrier Reef has been there for some 600,000 years and has experienced far warmer temperature is rarely mentioned by the media. It is a dynamic organic creature that grows and shrinks depending on its current situation.

El Niño is over and la Niña will soon follow. I suspect that will sort it out.

What’s that, we need the Oz Ann Coulter now to make our arguments?

Just wrote a reply to the FT wanting a piece of me last week, see Debt Rattle June 1:

========

Richard,

Sorry it took me a few days to reply, I had to think this over.

We both know that you sent this mail a few hours after someone wrote in my Comments section that FT is accessible through Google (News), and I confirmed that in the same section.

But that has nothing to do with me, that’s your deal. And I’m not happy with your reaction to that and the timing of it. I find it doesn’t show a lot of class.

Ashvin, by the way, hasn’t written anything for the Automatic Earth in years. Which tells me something about your attention to detail.

As does the fact that you say I ‘republish the full text of articles’, something I never do. As you know because you’ve actually read the Debt Rattles.

My Debt Rattles are news overviews across a broad spectrum of publications. The FT is simply one of them. No more, no less.

And sure, we can arm-wrestle about the legal definition of fair use, but why should we? We both know it’s not just a headline.

I’ll be happy to continue including you in my news overviews, and I don’t see what you have to gain by opting out of that.

If your content is as ‘high quality’ as you guys like to claim, I have no doubt that you will get new paid customers through the Automatic Earth.

As for that detail thing, you have undoubtedly noticed that the format of Debt Rattles is not just headlines.

I’m trying to provide my readers with enough of articles that they want to read more of them, and at the same time get the feeling they get a summary grasp of the overall view of the news of the day.

But if you insist in being left out of that, by all means say so. I’ll gladly pretend the FT doesn’t exist.

Look, I understand it’s hard to make living in these transitory times for media. But I would venture that in those times I add at least as much value for you as I may perhaps take away.

(well, other than for mentioning the Google deal, perhaps, but as I said, that has nothing to do with me)

Still, if you see that differently, you of course have every right to. And there’ll be no more FT at TAE.

Unless I think I need to pour into one of your writers in one of my original articles for writing something I don’t consider ‘high quality’, or for something I heartily agree with.

Then everyone’s fair game.

Anyway, please send something classier next time around, nothing has indicated to you that I can’t be approached in more reasonable terms.

I’m not a thief or a cheat and I certainly don’t like to be treated as such.

Cheers,

Raúl Ilargi Meijer
    The Automatic Earth

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

While Oliver’s move should start a movement among pop figures to make a real difference, the debt-retirement situation is a sad reflection of the world.

Many (in the U.S. at least) have already cottoned on to this debt-retirement plan. That is, debt vultures are buying debt and foreclosures at 10c on the dollar or less, so it stands to reason that since it’s for sale, I could buy my own or my neighbor’s debt, retire it, and save 90%. Stands to reason but not to our system of fraud and extraction.

In fact, the banks do not allow anyone but themselves and their friends to buy debt–arguably illegally, as it’s for public sale, but not public to YOU? Why? Because normal people would do exactly what Oliver did. So we could start a collective crowd-funded corporation to help ourselves, but because you’re not in the club, as soon as they found out, they’d illegally deny the sale and claim you were illegally a bank or financial institution and have you arrested. –Or so I’ve heard.

So it points out that the real point is NOT making money, because clearly they could sell your debt at 15c and make 50%, 100%, 200% more than to a vulture fund. It’s about CONTROL. The bank-club has the control, and they cannot let the people-club regain anything. “Illegal” for them to regain any control at all. Illuminating, isn’t it?

Ken Barrows
    Participant

One quirk in forgiving debt in the USA: the IRS considers it taxable income for the recipients of the write off.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Having someone retire your debt could land you in jail. Welcome to the land of the free.

Raleigh
    Participant

“Beijing has not just allowed shadow banks to grow much too big, it has used this growth to hide its actions behind. Local governments got most of their credit to build highways to nowhere from shadow banks. It’s really weird that the western press only catches on now.”

Some in the western press no doubt knew, but the lid was probably kept on until Western money was out of China. Let the vultures escape, then write the bad stuff.

I remember years ago that people were writing in blogs that they wanted to make offers on houses that people had walked away from, yet they couldn’t. The banks were selling these houses to their friends, big blocks of houses, and they weren’t available to the lowly public. As Dr. Diablo says, all controlled by the big boys so that all profits go to themselves and their friends. I mean, how are you going to buy elections if you don’t help yourself and your friends get filthy rich? Got to have that money for campaign contributions so as to ensure the status quo continues.

VisionHawk
    Participant

Barrier Reef dying due to climate change???

You don’t need to look beyond the constant streams of chemtrails up and down the Oz East Coast for the reason………

Climate change…..humph.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.