Debt Rattle August 3 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 3 2021

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Mister Roboto
    Participant

I emphasize that I’m talking about new cases. Whether a “case” is defined as nothing more than a positive test or if there have to be symptoms that necessitate missing some school or work, I don’t know. I just use these numbers provided by Google from “Our World In Data” simply to gauge the prevalence of the virus, because that’s what I have to work with.

madamski cafone
    Participant
    D Benton Smith
    Participant

I consider that when folks say that they want the truth they are exagerating. What they really want is just to win. if a certain truth might help them do that then they definitely want it. But if it’s the other way around (if the alleged truth would make them lose) then it is a filthy lie.

For example : someone tells you that they want the truth.

madamski cafone
    Participant

And now, perhaps the moment we’ve all been waiting for:

“The vacation outbreaks among vaccinated people on Cape Cod is proof that vaccines work, CDC director says”

In a study released Friday, the CDC said it tracked 469 cases among people who visited Provincetown between July 3 and July 17. Of those cases, 74% – or 346 people – were fully vaccinated.

Run out of weasel-words and evasive distration concepts, and maybe you’re left telling the truth and not even recognizing it…?

madamski cafone
    Participant

“For example : someone tells you that they want the truth.”

I DO want the truth. So I can hide it in the back of my bottom drawer next to those tacky little pamphlets:

Not a Speck of Cereal

madamski cafone
    Participant

Meanwhile, in Texas, it seems that the Empire of Karens is attempting some counter-attack on sanity and the respect we call mutual pefrsonal freedom:

“COVID-19 is spreading fast among Texas’ unvaccinated. Here’s who they are and where they live.”

Slime Sales

KSAT TV in San Antonio, Texas’ Blue Team main stronghold in Red Team Texas.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Ah, the Ineractive Earth:

Shipping crisis from floods in Europe, China threatens holiday shopping

“Industry insiders are warning that recent bouts of flooding in Europe and China are hitting global supply chains, threatening to drive up prices and cause shipping delays by Black Friday and the holiday shopping season.

Western Europe and China’s Henan province, an important industrial and shipping hub, are both recovering from severe floods.

While travel infrastructure and power have been restored in both regions, the flooding has damaged transportation routes like highways and — especially in China — is disrupting the country’s supply chain, including the production of food, cars and coal.

“Black Friday and the holiday season, for which products (and raw materials) are being staged, will face the brunt of the impact,” Pawan Joshi, executive vice president of Texas-based supply chain software firm E2open, told CNBC.”

madamski cafone
    Participant

Variants and Vaccines August 1, 2021

Only vaccine that gets a pass is Russian vaccines, which pass by dint of not being mentioned. The article itself is insane, but that’s per norm most everywhere, right? I double-down on hinking that Putin knows what’s up, and wants as many Russians vaccinated as voluntarily possible.

btw, now I know someone who had two Moderna shots last spring, got covid last week and was very sick for five days.

Germ
    Participant

The screws are tightening.

madamski cafone
    Participant
    those darned kids
    Participant

i believe government starts with one’s self. oneself. one s’elf. grrr…

then the family,
    neighbourhood,
    district,
    city
    etc.

Noirette
    Participant

An echo to prev. thread post, by madamski’s showing anti-gravitation underclothing.

This is more pertinent to today’s ‘reality’:

The alchemy of madness: Understanding a 17th century brain scan.

https://resobscura.blogspot.com/search/label/Medicine

(a good blog btw.)

Fascinating, and shows “plus ca change plus c’est la même chose..” I reco having a look, if only for a plunge into the past.

—> Which brings me to mentioning once again that one branch of BigMed, the industries that produce all the machines that are used in doc offices, hospitals, ambulances, labs, etc., many v. doubtful.. Which are useful? Which are outright scams?

madamski cafone
    Participant

I checked to make sure it wasn’t something ‘shopped, but the Baltimore Sun covid/Russia meme is genuine:

Coronarussia

“Despite ample data that the vaccines are safe, false stories circulate on the internet claiming that scientists are lying to us, that the vaccines can make you infertile, that they contain microchips, that they can alter your DNA. Do these worries arise organically? Maybe some do. But such disinformation is often intentionally created to serve someone’s financial, political or ideological interests.

“Among those with something to gain is the Russian government, which is diligently working to undermine confidence in the vaccines as part of its goal of destabilizing American society. It has been spreading misinformation for years on a host of other virus-related topics, including flu and Ebola. From there, it’s a short hop to having their message amplified by conspiracy-embracing, right-wing media, whether witting or not, and by the soulless churn of algorithms on social media.

“And it doesn’t take many people amplifying a false message to have an outsized effect. According to a recent PBS story, 65% of the anti-vaccine propaganda on Twitter was due to just 12 people, some of whom are profiting from the creation of bogus skepticism through the promotion of alternative treatments and cures.”

Why does this article have me saying to the wall, Quit whining and get off your ass and do something useful! For starters, picking up your head from the chair where you were just sitting on it.?

madamski cafone
    Participant

“…ones’elf”

self

WIth one selfie, over all, indivisible, with free news and free shows, for everyone (with commercials).

deflationista
    Participant

Is there a length limit on posts?

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Is there a length limit on posts?

In terms of site-moderation, probably not. In terms of what the software of the site can handle, you might have to break it up into separate parts.

deflationista
    Participant

Thanks Mister Roboto!

phoenixvoice
    Participant

My brother stated this in an email family discussion of an article my father sent around. I thought it was brilliant and worth sharing here:
    “ I don’t think discussions for change can be made when we use a pejorative to describe the opposition. ”

madamski cafone
    Participant

“Is there a length limit on posts?”

Depends on how well you’ve centered the topical center of gravity, I suppose.

those darned kids
    Participant

for archie:

As calls for the Food and Drug Administration to fully approve Covid-19 vaccines grow louder, the agency itself has little to say. This is a mistake. The agency insists it is “working as quickly as possible” and has suggested that full approval may come for at least one vaccine by the end of summer. The public is left wondering: What’s taking so long?

This isn’t just a minor nuisance. It undermines trust in the vaccines and damages the FDA’s most valuable asset — its credibility.

The drug regulators have good reason to insist on thoroughly reviewing many months of clinical trial data before fully licensing any medicine. The emergency use authorizations for the vaccines now administered in the U.S. were based on just two months of follow-up data — enough to be confident that the vaccines are safe, effective, and fit for use in response to a pressing need, but relying on a faster analysis than the FDA requires for its full approval process. To fully approve the vaccines, the FDA looks at more data and satisfies itself on a range of other issues, including developing detailed guidance on use.

This two-track system, allowing flexibility when circumstances demand it, makes sense. To many outside the agency, however, it seems contradictory. Late last year, the FDA pronounced the mRNA vaccines safe and effective enough for emergency use; many months later, it hasn’t fully licensed them. So are the vaccines safe and effective or not? That’s a reasonable question — and the agency has failed to answer it clearly.

With the delta variant racing through the population and the pace of vaccination in the U.S. still too slow, many observers, including some infectious-disease professionals, have accused the FDA of dragging its feet. Without transparent communication from the agency itself, it’s impossible to know whether that charge is correct. On Friday, an agency official said it was making further efforts to speed its review, making one wonder why every effort hadn’t already been made. The FDA traditionally hasn’t explained its ongoing work in detail, but hesitancy over the Covid-19 vaccines makes that reticence unacceptable.

Opinion. Data. More Data.

Get the most important Bloomberg Opinion pieces in one email.

If it’s now in a position to affirm that six months’ worth of clinical trial data provides stronger confirmation that the shots work safely, it should do so, and announce that the licenses will soon be forthcoming. It should also explain what further steps are involved, and how long they’ll take. This would reassure Americans that the shots are indeed safe and that anyone who hasn’t yet gotten them should go ahead without delay. It would assure businesses that requiring vaccinations for their employees right away is wise. And it would discourage states from forbidding vaccine mandates until the shots are fully approved.

One more thing. Right now, at a moment of exceptional stress, the FDA is hobbled by its lack of a permanent leader. After more than six months in office, President Joe Biden has yet to make the appointment. The agency’s professionals are surely aware of the urgency on vaccines. They know it would be a mistake to bow to pressure by cutting corners. Competently led, they can be more effective — and help restore public trust — simply by explaining what they’re doing.

—Editors: Mary Duenwald, Clive Crook.

To contact the senior editor responsible for Bloomberg Opinion’s editorials: David Shipley at [email protected] .

expatkiwi
    Participant

Alex Barenson (banned from Twitter): Quick update on the Israeli vaccine data
    It is bad and getting worse.
    https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/quick-update-on-the-israeli-vaccine

Dr. D
    Participant

Brilliant back seat driving Mr. Crook. What if the FDA is facing +13,000 instant deaths from the vaccine? Should they fill us in now, or a little later?

And if they actually don’t work — at ALL — either for spread OR reduce the severity, what should they do then? Tell the world approval is extremely unlikely and bankrupt Pfizer, Moderna, and Astra in one press conference?

Ah, the possibilities are endless, however, all bleak.

expatkiwi
    Participant

And typo correction shortly after first message: https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/typo-in-previous-story

Mister Roboto
    Participant

I wouldn’t say that the vaccines don’t work at all for there main stated purpose — that is, reducing the severity of disease — but I would say they don’t work anywhere near well enough to justify the risk to people whose immune systems can’t handle the introduction of whole spike-proteins to the physiology. And that’s not even taking into account the very distinct possibility of Antibody Dependent Enhancement, which most certainly is a thing that can happen when one deploys a non-sterilizing vaccine while a pandemic is still underway.

madamski cafone
    Participant
    expatkiwi
    Participant

Rates of SARS-CoV-2 transmission and vaccination impact the fate of vaccine-resistant strains
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-95025-3#Sec2

madamski cafone
    Participant
    madamski cafone
    Participant
    madamski cafone
    Participant

One summer storm doesn’t end Utah’s drought, weather expert says

“Utah’s main water source is the mountain snowpack, Steenburgh said. “That’s our primary reservoir for water, so to speak,” he said. “There’s a lot more water in a wintertime snowpack in the spring than is produced by one of these thunderstorms.”

A big storm like Sunday’s, Steenburgh said, might produce a couple of inches of rain in a small area. On the other hand, “in the spring, you have a snowpack that might have 20 or 30 or 40 or even 50 inches of water stored in it. So there’s just no comparison between the amount of water available in the spring in the wintertime snowpack and what’s being produced by these storms.”

According to the National Weather Service, Sunday’s storm brought 1.68 inches of rain along the S-turns in Big Cottonwood Canyon, 1.52 inches of rain to the University of Utah, 1.5 inches to Bountiful, 1.13 inches to Tooele, and lesser amounts elsewhere in northern Utah.

In recent weeks, the Great Salt Lake surpassed the lowest water level ever recorded, and Lake Powell is on the verge of hitting its lowest level since the Glen Canyon Dam started trapping the Colorado River’s water in 1963.

“The Great Salt Lake’s not going to recover from these storms, and Lake Powell’s not going to recover,” Steenburgh said. “Most of the water to raise the level of those lakes is coming from snowpack runoff.”

madamski cafone
    Participant
    madamski cafone
    Participant

We’re Saved! Not…

“BlackBerry Launches First-of-its-Kind Flood Risk and Clean Water Monitoring Solution”

D Benton Smith
    Participant

The Big Chicken in the Sky answered my prayers with the following phylosophy to impart:

Fear of death by an invisible stalker is being pumped through the public’s bloodstream by the usual suspects just as energetically as they are capable . . . as all of you well know and have often said. I would like to address that issue.

Death is like taking a seat in a hushed and darkened theater. Pessimists think the show is over. Optimists think the curtain is about to go up, and Realists consider grabbing a snack from the concessionaire in the lobby. All but the most extreme of us are a mix of all three.

Our fear of death is how “they” control “us”, and their fear of death is what drives them to do so. I think we should first be aware that such is the case, and then consider possible “best ways” to proceed from that point. Opinions will vary on what “best” means. Here’s the point : We live for as long as we can manage. In the meantime there are excellent snacks available from the lobby.

madamski cafone
    Participant
    Bill7
    Participant

‘Repeat after me: “The PCR tests don’t work!” The pandemic is only as real as the test, and test is a dice role.’:

“..The pandemic will never end because it never really began.
    It’s a scam, a pea and thimble game of phony stats designed to keep you locked down, afraid and isolated while an insane new cult moves its agenda into play.
    That agenda is being clearly stated and has been from day one, and we have spent the last 16 months talking about it. It involves the biggest wealth and power transfer ever envisaged, the mass destruction of small businesses, home ownership, personal autonomy.

It involves apartheid and the demonization of anyone questioning the prevailing narrative – especially those refusing the experimental ‘vaccine’.

That the pandemic has been invented in part to sell the various potentially toxic non-vaccines is undeniable. Profit is part of the motive. Never underestimate the ruling psycho-archy’s eagerness to make a quick buck.

But is that really all it is? Any rational person has to ask why they are pushing these experimental chemical brews on people like an evangelical preacher selling salvation. Do these lunatics really want global depopulation as some are suggesting?

I don’t know. Frankly, back in 2019 even considering the PTB might have such an agenda seemed hysterical.
    But after 16 months of the New Insanity, it doesn’t seem like something to rule out unconditionally.
    Why did the vax manufacturers get permission to sell these protocols without any previous testing?
    Why are these brews still being sold despite unprecedented numbers of adverse reaction reports?
    What exactly will the much-discussed spike proteins end up doing to their hosts?..”

Repeat after me: “The PCR tests don’t work!”

dude wheres the excess mortality

madamski cafone
    Participant

Pumpkin Blues

And so on, these things jigsawing together into a problemmatic survival puzzle.

madamski cafone
    Participant

On TPTB, slavery, and vast global schemes:

“The perfect dictatorship would have the appearance of a democracy, but would
    basically be a prison without walls in which the prisoners would not even dream
    of escaping. It would essentially be a system of slavery where, through consumption and entertainment, the slaves would love their servitude.—Aldous Huxley”

Slavery Instruction Manual

those darned kids
    Participant

about that lobby popcorn – the salt just tears up your lips.

and ¿golden topping? that’s pure kompramat.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Now THIS is a shamelessly persopnal post but it nonetheless communicates to the heart of the problem most people perceive: overwhelming authority:

Again, as I do almost every day, I thank fate, god, your evil-hearted mother-in-law, for my adoptive father, Jim Morrison, smacking me in the face unjustly, childishly, apologizing for the slap but not the reason behind it, which was the only thing that really hurt, and then kicking me out of the house a week or so later cuz I wouldn’t kiss his ass. He was right in his wrong way, and the thing he did most right — kicking me onto the streets at age 16 unless I submitted to his rule* — is the thing everyone else in the family said was so wrong. (*I’d done nothing wrong, but authority must never pretend it’s anything less than power or else it becomes toxic manipulation)

Bless you Dad. I wish you could come down and smack some more sense into me now. I gonna need it in the coming years.

One more time, sir, please.

Get in the Van, Man!

Some call it turning the other cheek.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Defiance, Not Compliance: Turning the Other Cheek

Not the only dimension Jesus meant when He spoke of other cheeks, by far, imo, but one too little known:

“Wink goes on to examine the phrase “if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also.” Why, Wink asks, does Jesus reference the right cheek specifically? The answer is both challenging and enlightening. Jesus lived in a right-handed world where left hands were reserved only for unclean tasks. Therefore, we can assume that the person doing the hitting would have used their right hand. The only way to strike someone on the right cheek with your right hand is a backhanded slap. Such a blow connotes an insult, not a fistfight, and was a normal way to reprimand someone over whom you had power (e.g. masters to slaves, husbands to wives, Romans to Jews). To strike your equal in such a manner was socially and legally unacceptable, carrying with it a huge fine.

With this new understanding of the context Jesus was speaking in, picture the scenario with yourself as the oppressor. You are a wealthy, powerful person whose slave has displeased you in some way. You reprimand your slave with a backhanded slap. The response you expect is the response you have always received from your slaves – the response you yourself would give if someone higher than you treated you the same way. You expect your slave to cower, submit, and slink away. Instead, your slave defiantly turns their other cheek and challenges you to hit them again. What can you do?

You would like to give your slave another backhanded slap to show them their place, but to do that you would have to use your left hand which would admit that your action is unclean. You could hit them on their left cheek, instead, but it would be embarrassing to hit your slave the way you should hit your equal. You’re confused. You don’t know what to do. Flustered, you could order the slave be flogged, but the slave has already made their point. They have shown you that they are a human person with dignity and worth. You don’t own them, you cannot control them, and they do not submit to your rule.

And so, in light of Wink’s insights, Jesus’ instruction not to resist evil and to turn the other cheek transforms from an instruction to accept injustice into a challenge to resist systems of domination and oppression without the use of violence. Rather than ignoring an evil situation and hoping it will go away, Jesus is telling his followers to find creative, active, and nonviolent ways to assert their humanity and God’s love in the world.”

madamski cafone
    Participant

“Our fear of death is how “they” control “us”, and their fear of death is what drives them to do so. ”

Aye. A life one isn’t willing to die for is not worth living much less dying for.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 152 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.