Debt Rattle December 1 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 1 2018

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Vincent van Gogh Sunflowers 1887   • The Bush Dynasty – The Modern Kennedys (BBC) • America’s Compromised Leader (Guardian Op-Ed) • Trump Calls R
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 1 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Today must have been excruciating Ilargi; but you made it through.
    While I didn’t; no problem, my issues…

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Good grief, what a daft op-ed from The Guardian; what with the Manafort idiocy that paper is nose diving.

How about that last sentence: “Yet Russia’s activities in the 2016 election against Hillary Clinton and in favour of Mr Trump are not fiction,” just dropped in there as iron-clad fact.

After that sentence, Polder Dweller, the article continues. The Luke Harding piece has made them more careful (legal department?), but they’re on a mission:

Yet Russia’s activities in the 2016 election against Hillary Clinton and in favour of Mr Trump are not fiction. They prompted the setting up of the Mueller inquiry into links between the Russian government and the Trump campaign. Another document this week suggests a longtime Trump adviser, Roger Stone, may have sought information about WikiLeaks plans to release hacked Democratic party emails in 2016.

There is nothing in the documents released this week that proves that Mr Trump conspired with Russian efforts to win him the presidency. Yet those efforts were real. For two years, Mr Trump has gone to unprecedented lengths to attack the special counsel. After November’s midterms, he seemed on the verge of firing Mr Mueller. He may yet do so. But this week’s charges suggest that there is plenty more still to be revealed. Mr Trump still has questions to answer from the investigating authorities, from the new Congress – and from America’s long-suffering allies.

Assange is free game, and so is Russia, they can’t defend themselves, no need to dress up the allegations vs them. Trump is a different story, but innuendo will do the dirty job when clad in enough deniability. That last sentence takes the cake:

…America’s long-suffering allies…

zerosum
    Participant

A long, long time ago someone smarter than me wrote this wisdom ….

“Cast The First Stone” In The Bible: John 8:7
    Jesus faced a mob that was eager to execute a woman caught in adultery. He put a stop to it with a simple challenge: anyone who has no sin in their life should step forward and throw the first stone.

Nobody listened.
    They all cast their stones at the same time/together.
    Who tells the truth?
    Who doesn’t have a hidden motive?
    Who doesn’t want an advantage?
    Who has nothing to lose?

Now …
    We have Trump shinning a light on himself and everyone

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

See more synonyms for hypocrite on Thesaurus.com

kultsommer
    Participant

It is just me but I like more Gogh’s (lesser known or recognized as “him”) painting from few posts ago where he captured eye watering beautiful day.
    Guardian’s psychological analysis would reveal a split personality disorder.

Dr. D
    Participant

Speaking of things to highlight: “Yet Russia’s activities in the 2016 election against Hillary Clinton and in favour of Mr Trump are not fiction.”

Actually, yes. Yes they are. There is no evidence between Russia and Hillary or the DNC servers that has ever been presented. In fact, quite the opposite. Hillary took millions from Russia and no one has investigated the servers. Isn’t that WEIRD? Facebook’s own documents show “Russian” (which are not even State actors but all private click-bait and spammers combined) was a sub 1% rounding error possible less than 20,000 Americans received, with pro-Bernie memes and pictures of puppy dogs, many AFTER the election. Yet somehow every article on planet earth says there is. Gosh and golly, when NO evidence has EVER been presented, for 2 years of non-stop coverage, for the world’s most important story — that Russia runs and controls everything on earth, including making a puppet of the entire United States — isn’t it WEIRD that this entirely, completely, provably fake and false story are accidentally published by CNN, NYT, and the Guardian every. single. day?

But I’m a coincidence theorist and I don’t think that is suspicious at all. Clearly they are not in collusion with state agencies and political parties in a pitched battle for the survival of themselves and their party to remain viable and not in prison for acting in concert with foreign governments to throw an election, erase democracy, and overturn an elected government. Because although we DO have OVERWHELMING evidence of that story, it’s both crazy, and not reported, ever.

Poor George Bush. Now I’ll never have a chance to see him die in prison for sedition and a thousand war crimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

He and his whole family, traitors to the end.

Dr. D
    Participant

Here is a nice few-paragraph rundown on that idea of trying to go all-renewable by 2030:

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=234629

Puts it in perspective.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The illusionists are hard at work re-making the image and memory of another U.S. monster who was president; HWB.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.