Debt Rattle May 30 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 30 2017

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Inge Morath Paris 1954   • Australia Hedge Fund Returns Cash To Clients Citing Looming Calamity (SMH) • Hong Kong Throngs of Thousands Defy Bid t
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 30 2017]

garob
    Participant

Really impressive!
    The chap in the middle is checking his smartphone, Paris 1954!

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ garob

LOL, not likely; but a nice take on 21st century observation and interpretations…

E. Swanson
    Participant

Here’s a commentary from today’s WaPo:

Donald Trump just threatened Germany over trade

The author suggests a direct link between trade and national savings using classical economics, ignoring the fact that the banking system provides much of the new money added to the economic system thru loans. After reading that piece, it occurred to me that Steve Keen would have quite a bit to say in reply…

Ken Barrows
    Participant

On US oil production: year over year, about 128% increase in rigs versus 10% or so increase in oil production. That cannot be good, can it?

Nassim
    Participant

That picture of a Paris café in 1954 with the Pantheon in the background made me quite nostalgic. Thank you. Of course, Paris today is not a scratch on what it used to be IMHO. The monuments are still there, but the population is a different. It is amazing that the cachet of French fashion has not entirely disappeared.

I am just beginning to make sense of what is really happening with the AGW story. I think this version is the right one.

Global Warming is a war driven by oil and gas against coal …?

Exxon and its rivals are now just as much in the gas business as the oil business. In any case, fake Renewable Energy is not a threat to the transport (i.e. oil) business.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.