Debt Rattle May 5 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 5 2018

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Edgar Degas Landscape with Path Leading to a Copse of Trees 1880-92   • 40% Unemployment Ain’t Awesome (Stockman) • The Next Recession Is Closer
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 5 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Degas is intriguing; as is its date 1880 – 92?

The mendacity of the west in general surpasses even my wildest imaginings.
    Not to mention the murderous rampages which follow.
    The four horsemen of the apocalypse have, indeed, been loosed upon the earth. The mountain gorilla in Africa and the orangutan in Indonesia and Malaysia to name just two, are sure not to survive this century. That’s tragic and criminal.
    The west is immersed in the seven deadly sins; they are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth. Only the gods can help us now…
    I’m not convinced we deserve saving…

HA! 1880-92. Corrected that.

Yeah, our closest family is about to leave the planet. We all know who’s next. But though we understand we can’t survive on a planet devoid of life, we won’t stop killing it until we can make a profit doing it.

We won’t even save ourselves until we can make money with that. There’s more money in death than there is in life.

SteveB
    Participant

Ilargi, there’s only “money in” anything because we choose it to be that way. I’d prefer we chose differently. How about you? Would it be worth saving those species from extinction? How about the suffering of the Greeks? How about the refugee children drowning? How about… [the list goes on and on, as you know]?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ilargi
    LOL, much more better 1890 – 92.
    It’s our nature, destruction through wars and greed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.