Debt Rattle March 15 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 15 2020

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange One nation indivisible. San Francisco 1942   • New York Will Be The Next Italy (M.) • America Has No Real Public Health System – C
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 15 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dorothea Lange One nation indivisible. San Francisco 1942

A heartbreaking reminder of who we really are; and have always been…
    Monsters…

sumac.carol
    Participant

It makes perfect sense that there are huge numbers of young people walking around spreading the disease but not feeling particularly sick. As Jon Barron said, if you are not immune compromised (and young people without underlying health issues – and haven’t had cancer treatment which I would add damages the immune system of people of all ages) you will experience very little effect when you get the coronavirus. The main related relevant point is that, as Merkel and others have said, pretty much everyone is going to get this virus, so the working assumption for all of us should be that we will get the virus, not a happy prospect but realistic. Social distancing is key for delaying catching this thing.
    However, knowing that sooner or later we will all get it, we should think about how to minimize its impact, and that would involve strengthening the immune system and treatments to reduce pathogen load on your body so it does not have to work so hard. For the moment, alternative health and herbal medicine areas will have the best information on things you can do yourself.

sumac.carol
    Participant

I would add: how many people in all age groups are taking pharmaceuticals that compromise their immune system? Many people use anti-inflammatory for all kinds of things from sports injuries to headaches.

Dave Note
    Participant

From watching the first wave of asian countries and their response to containing SARS CoV2 I can say that only two options are on the table for Europe and North America.

#1 Lock downs and quarantines, enforced by police and military with guarantied jail time and fines for those who break it.

# 2 Intensive fast free accurate testing and contact tracing, with transparent ubiquitous cell phone location and neighborhood level alert apps, like South Korea deployed without having to resort to the above lock downs and quarantines, coupled with CLOSING the borders.

You know borders, those things that define the boundaries of actual countries.

Like Mexico is contemplating closing their northern border to keep the contaminated Gringos out! hahahaha

The suicide cult of neoliberal Globalism doesn’t believe in borders. George Soros is their buttboy poster child.

The suicide cult of ‘just in time’ supply chain, the keystone of the Globalist Death Cult, is not going to be able to provide enough ventilator to the hospitals and many thousands will be dying in the hallways and outside the overwhelmed ER’s.

Globalism is a pathocratic Death Cult and it’s time has come hither.

Let all the people of the world join hands and be one big contaminated family, all together now!

4 Horsemen

Notable additions since my post:
    Iran +1,209 cases, +113 deaths;
    Germany +543 cases;
    US +102 cases, +3 deaths;
    Belgium +197 cases;
    Austria +145 cases;
    Malaysia +190 cases.
    Lots of “new” countries reporting double digit gains.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Lots of “new” countries reporting double digit gains.

Thailand will join the ranks by next week…
    …oops, just did; 32 new cases; 114 total now…and counting…

Netherlands: 176 new cases for a 1,135 total count; 8 more deaths for a total of 20. All nations have that same trajectory.

John Day
    Participant

The article suggesting paracetamol/Tylenol for fever, instead of ibuprofen, aspirin or naproxen, is partly right.
    The part that is wrong is “treating fever”.
    Fever is trying hard to save your life with this virus. The reports from China have been clear. Fever: Good, acetaminophen: bad.

sumac.carol
    Participant

The suggestion that mass quarantines of everyone (sick or not) is ludicrous – never going to be feasible. Remember the Japanese story for starters? They closed the schools but then some parents of kids worked at the hospital and, because they were at home looking after their kids, they did not show up for work. You can expect the same thing to happen with the military and police you will need to enforce the quarantines – they all have families that they will put before their families.

zerosum
    Participant

Some Wishes are coming true for some people
    eliminating the Seniors is eliminating the leadership

NOTE: mortality rate is back up to 7%!

In France, over half of COVID19 patients in intensive care are under 60. Holland has 40-50 patients in intensive care, over half of whom are under 50.
    —–
    • America Has No Real Public Health System – Coronavirus Has A Clear Run (Reich)

AND for everyone who bitched about the way China dealt with the virus.
    NOW China can watch and gloat on how the best system on earth is being destroyed by the MMT-virus

———–
    • American Airlines To Cut Nearly All Long-Haul International Flights (R.)

And now
    What will they do with all those surplus planes
    What will they do with all those abandoned cruise ships

——
    sumac.carol and John Day
    highlighted some point that I also want to highlight.

The suggestion that mass quarantines of everyone (sick or not) is ludicrous – never going to be feasible.
    there are huge numbers of young people walking around spreading the disease but not feeling particularly sick.

Let’s remember where all the young people spent their spring break and watch if it will affect their seniors when they go back to their hometown schools.

how many people in all age groups are taking pharmaceuticals that compromise their immune system? Many people use anti-inflammatory for all kinds of things from sports injuries to headaches.

John Day

I just got information that hydroxychloroquine 200 mg twice per day, is just as effective in treating novel coronavirus, maybe even a hair better. This is available, used long term in some forms of arthritis and autoimmune disease, but would only be used short term for this.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924857920300820
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32150618

Fever is trying hard to save your life with this virus. The reports from China have been clear. Fever: Good, acetaminophen: bad.

When I’m coming down with a cold I take a bath so hot as to raise my temperature to fever level.
    This usually knocks the virus back so far I escape it, or cuts it back to a mere two to four days instead of ten. Fevers are good, unless they get too high.
    Iceland. Hot springs. Does The Virus survive?
    I wonder if the youngsters who are contracting it are asthmatics on corticosteroids? The only demographics on the stricken are age, gender, and nation. It’s pretty clear that Italy’s bug is not the same as Korea’s (or that Italians are not Koreans).
    Raul Ilargi Meijer: You are a treasure. Thank-you. The check is in the mail.

Italy reports +3,590 new cases, and +368 new deaths. In one single day. Yesterday they had +175 new deaths.

This is carnage.

zerosum
    Participant

Trudeau is working from home.
    However, most leaders of our structures are old and rich.
    Has the virus reached them as they hide in their isolated fortress from the rifral and the virus?

zerosum
    Participant

No need to worry

Coronavirus: Germany to close major land borders

Sunday 15 March 2020 4:21 pm
    Coronavirus: Germany to close major land borders

James Warrington

seychelles
    Participant

The US is set for the worst disaster of all, it has to enforce travel restrictions very rapidly or else, ground domestic flights, close down highways, the works. And get hospitals working for ten times as many patients as they’re designed for. Good luck.

This is what happens when the social leadership infrastructure becomes packed with entrained sinecures who have forgotten what truth, rationality, and delivering the goods are all about. Spearheading the evolving disaster is the grossly incompetent development of viral test availability, which has given people the sense that covid-19 is overblown and that social distancing is unnecessary.

zerosum
    Participant

Right on seychelles
    Canada does’t need to close the borders.
    Check the border crossing cameras.
    People are not lined up. There is no wait time like before.
    Entertainment venues are closing,ie. Whisler ski hill, due to lack of visitors, not because of the flue.
    Via rail cancelled it Toronto – Vancouver again, lack of travellers.
    Planes routes being cancelled due to lack of demand.
    Canadian understand. Canadians are changing their way of life.
    Canadians will not run out of toilet paper. (we still have a lot of water to clean wipes.)

hostebbe
    Participant

Read the interview with a Russian virologist on the Saker’s website. Ignore the stuff about the virus taking a summer holiday but take the excellent advice on protecting yourself toward the end of the interview.

zerosum
    Participant

Will summer heat stop the coronavirus

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/coronavirus-gulf-states-warm-mosque-prayers-200315160444406.html
    NEWS/GCC
    Coronavirus in Gulf states: No warm greetings, no mosque prayers
    Life turns upside down in Gulf region as more than 870 COVID-19 cases are recorded across six GCC nations.

3 hours ago

WES
    Participant

Well up here in the land of igloos, coronavirus cases exploded from 200 to 300 overnight.

Ontario has clearly lost the containment battle and is no longer testing people with the coronavirus.

Folks in Ontario finally figured this out and panicked, cleaning out the grocery store shelves!

Snow is now being hoarded!

WES
    Participant

Zerosum:. You spoke too soon!

Well, Ontario has run-out of toilet paper!

However, I must confess to accidentally starting the run on toilet paper!

Last fall, I bought, on sale, over twenty 24 roll packages of toilet paper, enough to fill up my car!

Little did I know at that time, that my butterfly wings would end up creating a massive run on toilet paper!

My Bad!

WES
    Participant

Question for John Day:

My wife read a comment from a Japanese doctor. How true this is I don’t know, but from an engineering point of view it makes some sense.

The Japanese doctor said if you catch the coronavirus, there is a simple test you can do at home concerning your ability to breath.

Hold your breath for 10 seconds.

If you can hold your breath for 10 seconds without any difficulty, then the coronavirus has not yet entered your lungs in any serious way.

If you can not hold your breath for 10 seconds without difficulty, then you should immediately seek medical help!

I would have to think this doesn’t apply to people, like my wife with asma (uses puffer), who have pre-existing lung problems. I doubt she could hold breath for 10 seconds.

John, what are your thoughts on this?

zerosum
    Participant

FREE FED MONEY FOR MY FRIENDS
    Now, Do you believe me, its modern monetary theory virus.

sinnycool
    Participant

China has just destroyed America.

Are we looking at the turning point of world history?

This chart shows the country of origin of all tested COVID cases in Australia.

From here: https://www.covid19data.com.au

Australian COVID stats

We have many many more Chinese visitors, immigrants and tourists than we do from the US; Chinese students at our universities are the backbone of our university income making the infection differential even more disturbing.

If iPhones were ever a barometer of anything they are now “exclusively produced in China for Chinese” with all the Chinese Apple stores open and all America’s shut. What an irony

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    boilingfrog
    Participant

“Fed Panics: Powell Cuts Rates To Zero, Announces $700BN QE5, Unveils Enhanced Global Swap Lines”

As a contractor/plumber, if I have “solved the problem” twice, yet still have a problem, I realize I’ve misdiagnosed. If I’m lucky my customer gives me a chance to re-examine the problem

It must be different in finance, but these guys are educated, I’m sure #6 will be the charm.

zerosum
    Participant

Just admit it …. You’re glad that you were not one of those people trying to get your opinion made into a decision.
    You’re opinion was considered as foolish.

hostebbe
    Participant

Remember a few years back when there was a lot of buzz on the net about sauerkraut eaters being less affected by whatever virus it was that was then making the rounds. How about all the kimchi eaters in Korea!!!!

VietnamVet
    Participant

Ending contact tracing, lack of universal lab tests, and no forced quarantine of the infected (especially the asymptomatic) assure that Italy’s plague of death will engulf NYC, LA and Seattle in the coming weeks; crashing the healthcare system. A million or more Americans will die. As of yesterday, West Virginia was the last State with no confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus. If Mountaineers isolate themselves and tell sick city slickers to keep driving out of state, they may avoid the coming chaos. Except, the 43 Walmart retail units in state are dependent on in time logistics just like the rest of the nation. The real question is how fast can Walmart restock? Can it?

With the sacking of scientists, the ideologues running the US Federal Government are incapable of projecting the consequences of the pandemic and the economic depression four months from now and doing what is needed now to protect its citizens. The Defense Department has not opened its mobile hospitals in hot spots. Communities are not hiring thousands of social aides to monitor, feed and assist the homebound in need. No quarantine faculties are opening for the homeless. There are thousands of things that are needed but won’t be done because it doesn’t make money for connected billionaires.

zerosum
    Participant

“… how fast can Walmart restock? Can it?”
    My answer: No
    First Trump made a tariff war.
    Then China stop production due to the virus
    Then the USA stopped the economy. Stopped the purchasing. Then the USA did MMT for the rich and did not help the 70% that are consumers.
    Death will roam the streets of USA and eliminate and change the attitudes of the consumers.
    The rich will hire lawyers and accountants to be “collectors” to seize every assets that are remaining.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Yes raw unpasteurized sauerkraut and kimchi are great for your intestinal flora which represent about 70 percent of your body’s immune system capacity. Excellent idea to eat some to boost your immune system.

WES
    Participant

Well what do you know!

No money for thee or me! Only money for the rich!

Central bankers must be real desperate! They are trying to crash the price of real money, gold, with billions in fake paper money!

So far they seem to be winning! Gold is down! They will save the world!

I can sleep at ease tonight!

WES
    Participant

Carol:. Does being married to a wife who is 50% Kraut count?

Or does the other 25% Scottish and Wellish cancel out the Kraut?

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Conversation with a doctor, on Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada:
    All about COVID-19 with Physician and Writer Kevin Patterson
    https://thetyee.ca/News/2020/03/15/Kevin-Patterson-COVID/

Note: bit dated, recorded last Friday evening.

sumac.carol
    Participant

WES: That should help, maybeeee? 😊

₿oogaloo
    Participant

A couple weeks ago someone raised doubts about the effectiveness of masks. I posted a reply recalling what I learned in university from a virology professor I worked under — that dosage is important in determining whether you become infected and how bad your case becomes. Chris Martenson makes the same point today in making the case for why everyone should be wearing masks.

I think masks make a huge difference. China reversed the trend not only by the lockdown, but also by requiring that everyone wear a mask in public. In Korea 90% of people wear masks in public these days, though this is not required. Testing a contact tracing have made a big difference here, but I am sure the masks are also a big part of it. Only 74 new cases today, and only 6 in Seoul. Although I think Japan is under-reporting because it is not testing enough, the Japanese were among the first to pull out the masks, and I am certain that has helped slow the spread.

I understand why the US Surgeon General lied to the public to say that masks are not effective — it is because of the shortage. But even if everyone starts wearing a home-made mask that would be a major improvement. I see the lines at the US airports, and that is a major scandal. But just as scandalous is that fact that almost nobody is wearing a mask.

And I would add that in Korea there was a quick spread among the members of the Shincheonji Church because they were opposed to wearing masks because they considered it disrespectful . . .

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.