Debt Rattle March 29 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 29 2023

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    WES
    Participant

Aspnaz:

A good different viewpoint on patents. Unfortunately no patent protection also has it’s discouraging downside too. But we know corporations abuse patents through their deep pocket abilities to bankrupt others too. It is a corrupt game all unto itself.

chooch
    Participant

Yesterday, there was a snippet of an exchange between Yellen and Kennedy. He wanted to know if 51 trillion in debt (109% of GDP) was too much and if not what was.

Her response went something like this, “The metric for assessing financial stability depends on interests rates, REAL interest rates. REAL Interest rates have been extremely low. This budget and previous budgets have projected that Real rates would move up to more normal levels, but not to the levels we saw several decades ago.” I would guess she was referring to the Volcker years.

To me it is a curious statement, this reference to real interests rates. Which I gather is some interest rate minus some measure of inflation. Does anyone know which interest rate and which measure of inflation is she is using for her metric?

Oroboros
    Participant

Patent law is a Clusterfuckery unto itself.

I know several patent lawyers, after a few beers, they can spill the beans on the corruption and skullduggery in patent law.

The Empire of Lies goes double-down-bad for ideas and inventions and ”protecting’ them from being stolen

As we speak, Russia sees absolutely no need to honor any patents from the Collective West because it’s own assets are illegally frozen and seized by Eurotardistan and the Empire of Lies & Thievery.

chooch
    Participant

It wasn’t financial stability, She called it finacial sustainability.

Mr. House
    Participant

“Does anyone know which interest rate and which measure of inflation is she is using for her metric?”

The real interest rate has been negative for decades. Its why assets keep inflating while they tell you nothing else is. Real rates are still negative if inflation is 6 percent and the fed has only raise to 4.75.
    This may help explain:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/federal-reserve-pivot-not-bullish

chooch
    Participant

Mr. House,

Thanks for the link.

Michael Lebowitz, from RealInvestmentAdvice is using the US 10yr Tbond minus inflation expectations to compute a real rate. With or without food and energy? Why doesnt he use inflation data straight up? I hate these guys. I doubt Janet is using the ten year.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Sustainable is the byword that the controllers tag onto everything that is unsustainable.

I am trying to picture Airstrip Five six months from now, bearing in mind that most of the manufacturing sector was driven offshore decades ago, house prices in the major centres are plummeting (minus 20-30%), a substantial portion of the populace was bullied and cajoled into accepting potentially lethal jabs, and now the agricultural sector -which was always the traditional ‘backbone’- is in deep shit as a consequence of both ‘natural disasters’ exacerbated by industrial humans and a general collapse in confidence caused by falling commodity prices and rising interest rates:

‘The median price for lifestyle blocks was also $91,000 lower (-8.7%) than for the three months to the end of January this year.

The median price for bare land lifestyle blocks was $400,000, down by $50,000 (-11%) compared to three months ended January, and down by $80,000 (-17%) compared to 12 months earlier.

The median price for farmlet blocks over the three months to February this year was $1.1m, down by $75,000 (-6%) compared to the three months to January, and down by $190,000 (-15%) compared to the three months to February last year’

https://www.interest.co.nz/rural-news/120552/farm-sales-down-third-compared-year-ago-lifestyle-block-sales-down-42

Are the controllers clearing the decks for an influx of multibillionaires looking for bolt holes?

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

TOUGHER I
    The construction industry looks headed for a major slowdown as the number of new residential building consents dives, down -29% from a year ago. It is the lowest February since 2018 and is down -9.5% from pre-pandemic levels. Rising interest rates and falling house prices make residential property development a tough zsector tro be in.

TOUGHER II
    The RBNZ is proposing rules that would encourage banks to limit their exposure to lending where climate risks are elevated.

TOUGHER III
    Business confidence is unchanged in February from January. It remains slightly positive for managers when they assess their own prospects, but remains very negative when they assess the prospects for the broader economy. The vast majority of businesses (86%) expect further cost increases over the year ahead. And although they report slightly lower inflation, it is still very high and the shift lower is small. Pressures are expected to be intense in a high-cost, low-growth environment.

https://www.interest.co.nz/business/120562/review-things-you-need-know-you-sign-thursday-building-consents-dive-business

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

History doesn’t repeat. But it does rhyme.

And this time round energy resources are more depleted than ever before.

Noirette
    Participant

yes Wes. Plus the younger daughter is an Instagram – cute child love-me interest with very suggestive clothing and poses – though I haven’t checked on that for 2 years – don’t like it. She is two years younger than Greta.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.