Debt Rattle September 9 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 9 2022

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Andy Warhol Queen Elizabeth, Reigning Queens Series 1985   • The Price Of Poker (Denninger) • Putin: The West is Failing, the Future is Asia (Cel
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 9 2022]

upstateNYer
    Participant

“Putin: Western elites are sacrificing the prosperity of their own citizens for the sake of preserving Washington’s dictatorship in global affairs.”

As always.

aspnaz
    Participant
    Dr. D
    Participant

Liz Truss, fascist from first day: “UK PM Truss’ Plan ‘For Consumers’ Quietly Rescues Energy Traders, Provides Open-Ended Bailout For Utilities”

“Queen Elizabeth II “Under Medical Supervision”, Family Gathers”

Is she our 9-11 this year? That’s okay: Liz Truss is in charge now.

Queen
    Well, aaaannnd we’re off. The queen, so all things start unfolding now. Rrrrready to Rrrrrrrumble.

And as things unwrap, Ol’ Joe has to be the one to ride it down. Has to be on his watch, as their fault. But remember, the US$ swapping, the end of empire, cracking the Feds back to states, all that stuff, it was all result of decades planning, staging, waiting for this time. It didn’t “just happen”. Or not in the way we commonly consider it.

Put it this way: Kondratieff and other economists have their cycle, right? Isn’t that what Stalin paid for? Nick said “capitalism” – whatever that is – has cycles. Comes and goes. 70 years. Therefore he ends up in Siberia. But they are not THAT stupid. Nor China. IF Nick is right – and history proved he is – THEN when do you topple worldwide Capitalism? When it is young? Strong? Fully resourced? At its apex? Or perhaps when the 70 year – generational – historical cycle turns?

And you only get one chance. You can wait…say 1960, the cycle, you wait. Kids grow up, get old, it’s 1980. We introduce more men to the idea, the need…and the time. The Date. The Window. We install a few, make plans, push and pull, but mostly wait. 1990, more granular plans, a few more members, a few battles lost a few won, but wait. 2000, the seasons turn, collapse begins, but things are already set, becoming too large to change that much. And wait.

And so on. Knowing from Kondratieff – and other cyclists of course, like Nenner and Armstrong, ones on their teams we never hear of – time is closer. Then THEY – Black Hats who have the same plans, the same experts on their teams – will also act too. Did not the WEF say the crisis is a once in a lifetime opportunity for change?

So what do you do? Screw up their timing, of course! Screw up their timing, when there is only one window every 70 years, because they MUST act. There is only one weak time. And screwing their plans opens your plans. Because they are predictable and must advertise. You are not and are hidden. So they’re always nervous, wondering, fearing, expecting, jumping. Overreacting, which is working so well to undermine them.

Point: It has to be NOW. They have the TIME. They set the positions. But to be unscathed, it has to go down with Joe and the boys in the chair. There were probably other ways, but this is where we find ourselves, the chess positions previous choices have made.

Queen goes down, next player’s move is up. In a game with 100 players, and no set turns. But the time still exists. Capitalism still waxes and wanes, summer and winter, and debt-compounding still runs 49 years. Time is time, Joe’s in the chair with Harris behind him (who?). And the queen is dead. Buckle up buttercup. Here we go.

Moscow LBMA is just one, with a commodity trading currency, that causes fair, voluntary exchange. (For now). This is Western kryptonite, and they get weaker and weaker. Like IVM, the parasites all die off the host. Parasites all hate ivermectin.

“Steve Bannon Surrenders to Court in New York over Fresh Charges”

This is interesting since he’s irrelevant and doesn’t do anything. He’s not a strategist. He’s not running the White Hats. Like Dugin was not related to Putin. They think like their side, influencers command and lead the spell? And the other people they arrest and jail? They just make it up and lead people by act of lies and will?

Okay then.

“Greenpeace Co-Founder Patrick Moore Says Climate Change Based On False Narratives
    “The ‘environmental’ movement has become more of a political movement than an environmental movement…”

Because of this, people are resisting, being anti-environmental, when broadly humans all agree on it. The wages of lies. Lira’s recent roundtable had this: that he just can’t believe the LIES. And that the LIES – like Ukraine, like Covid – all cause enormous, unnecessary DEATH.

Say it every day. Get tired of saying it. And adding, as he did, why can’t they just tell the truth, just for once?

“California’s Power Grid Turmoil Spurs Diesel Demand for Generators”

Go California. Go Green. Leaving the last nuke plant on top of the biggest San Andreas fault line. CA being ahead of us in all things, they of course COULD have gone “Ecotopia” (Ernest Callenbach, 1975), with Redwoods, earth ships, and open rail. They did the opposite, with cars and condos, but used Bernays to simply CALL it Ecological. Enough of that. We all know. “They make a Desert and call it Peace.” Call it #Green. Call it #Environmental.

elites in the West “who would not, or even cannot, acknowledge objective facts” about changes in the world.”

Again I say every day. There may or may not be “objective facts” in the biggest philosophical sense. But in the daily practical sense there sure is. And objective reality is their enemy. Same boring phrase, every boring day: “You can avoid reality, but you can’t avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”

“Six Months in, What Exactly Does Russia Hope to Achieve in Ukraine? (Trenin)”

What do you mean? He and Lavrov could not possibly have been more clear: the denazification and demilitarization of Ukraine. Every minute Ze throws his army at Russia, they are winning, even if they didn’t take one meter of land. Ze is doing noting but helping Putin, as is BoJo and Joe especially. But wars are expensive, and now that they made Russia do this, they are taking reparations in owning all the industry and half the land. Maybe more if they keep it up.

The effete and wealthy Tory Party never understood the people.”

Nor does Labour, who have so catastrophically mismanaged, and like here, so overwhelmingly oppose workers and Unions, that they lost districts that had – NEVER – voted Tory, since they were formed. Like epic 100 year losses. What has happened is, it’s the Insiders, and their Bulls and Screws the PMCs, vs everyone else. That is, “We The People.” So I wouldn’t crow so much about Tory and Labour atm. They were both on Common Market: Thatcher was against. They were both on lockdowns. Both on no energy policy. Both on no National Health. They were both on everything. Like here, btw.

“The 155mm shells, each of which costs … over $100,000” for the 777Howitzer.

Which can’t shoot more than one day in service. And they have a dozen of them in the theatre? Yes, wow. Impressive. If you want to hit a camel in the butt. Ukie will be bankrupt in no time, as will Germany and us. …Oh wait: we don’t HAVE any shells, except the one in the display cabinet, and no more are coming. I guess the $100k price tag doesn’t mean much then. We’re fighting a war in theory only. In our minds.

““..Berlusconi’s dream is to one day see Russia become a member of the EU..”

I bet it is. As a puppet, owned, regime like we are. I wonder what Russia’s dream for Italy is? That’s more relevant, as Russia has an army, mobilized, and not too far away. Berlusconi’s still around? Like HRC and Feinstein, don’t these guys ever die?

“Siemens Germany is essentially under American control.”

WHICH America? My read is the nationalists are playing along to force Germany and Europe to end Nato and unite with Russia against British MacKinder. Pan Eurasia. And I don’t see how that can be avoided, at which point the NeoCons, WEF, and Globalists will lost Nato, and lose Europe altogether. Since they live in Europe, they will lose everything and have no place on earth to go. …Sadly perhaps they will double down on the the remaining U.S. where they have occupational beachheads like Vichy D.C. That’s okay, I guess: we’ll shoot them all to hell if they come here, but it will take a while.

In any case, larger condition is Globalists lose. Now. Empire loses. Now. The End.

“Greece Warns of Ukraine-style War with Turkey in East Mediterranean (MEE)”

Greece would play the part of Ukraine here, being simply rolled over with nearly no resistance. However: They have been independent neighbors for a long time. What happens is Turkey can never shoot straight and can’t act effectively, in a war, or anywhere else. Turkey then defeats themselves, but at great personal and regional cost. Greece lives on.

aspnaz
    Participant
    upstateNYer
    Participant

“Berlusconi’s still around? Like HRC and Feinstein, don’t these guys ever die?”

Right? And don’t forget Pelosi. Kissinger. The list goes on and on ….

oxymoron
    Participant

And Schwann and Gates. The good die young it seems.

Mr House- thanks for Fabio Vigghi piece. Brilliant- though his focus on labour misses energy relationships for my mind – I guess that’s why I’m here🤪

oxymoron
    Participant

Schwabb. Sorry

The reading is killing me.
    I’m gunna take a back seat and earn money and be a dad for a few weeks.
    Not enough sleep. I think I’m in danger of becoming hyper vigilant regarding info.
    Peace

chooch
    Participant

This morning, I am reading that Ukrainian troops have made it all the way to the Oskil river, nearly cutting off the major Russian deployment in Izyum.

This was interesting, particularly given the buzz surrounding the possible capture of Lieutenant General Andrei Sychevoi, General in command RU’s “West” Group.

[..] The point about the redeployment to Kherson stripping Russia’s forces in the north-east is obvious, so I won’t rehash that. But the leak of an apparent operational map (I assume it’s that, as presumably sensitive information is blanked out in the image) is really interesting.
    It suggests to me that the local command staff are *really* pissed off with the situation and want to draw public attention to the failings they perceive in the Russian high command. The aim being presumably to goad political leaders into replacing incompetent generals.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1568158988025356288.html

No confirmation yet, could be his doppelgänger.

chooch
    Participant

Just tweeted

Doppelgänger

Oroboros
    Participant

The Californicators show their sheer hypocrisy with an electric grid that barely functions when there’s a wildfire (which is all the time basically) or the wind is too strong OR the wind is too weak (no windmill power)

Ban Fossil Fuel Cars!

Greta spotted cruising down the freeway

Oroboros
    Participant

Liz Truss is a pathetic ‘politician’ and representative of her gender (there’s only two)

Her juvenile fan girl wannabe lust to be Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady, is the kiss of death for jolly olde England.

Boris was gonna be Churchill and became a clown setting his hair on fire and trying to put it out with a hammer.

Her new title

Less Trust ………the Tin Foil Lady

Winter is Coming

John Day
    Participant

Andy Warhol looks a scream, hang him on my wall. Andy Warhol, silver screen, can’t tell ’em apart at all…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4sANPkk3ys (The Queen’s pictures remind me)

Thanks for the Tiger-stalking-me analysis last night D Benton Smith, and thanks, Mr. House, for this analysis of the reasons WHY the tiger is hungry for meat.

A System on Life Support

zerosum
    Participant

Highlights from what Raúl Ilargi Meijer presented

“new world order.”

an “energy war”
    an “economic war”
    “conflict”

“Peace”
    “Cooperation”

The Russian president said the ongoing economic global crisis was triggered by elites in the West “who would not, or even cannot, acknowledge objective facts” about changes in the world. He said they only see a “world order that benefits only them, forcing everyone to live under the rules, which they invented and which they regularly break and constantly change depending on the situation,” The Global Times reported.

Putin: Western elites are sacrificing the prosperity of their own citizens for the sake of preserving Washington’s dictatorship in global affairs.

Missed opportunity for peace.

In late March 2022, Moscow still recognized the current Ukrainian authorities and was prepared to deal with them directly.
    (Kiev’s genocide and persecution)
    • Six Months In, What Exactly Does Russia Hope To Achieve In Ukraine? (Trenin)
    or
    • Six Months In, What Exactly Does Ukraine Hope To Achieve

Gazprom and the Kremlin concluded that if sabotage was the name of the game, they couldn’t care less whether Germany received zero gas via Nord Stream 1 (with brand new Nord Stream 2, ready to go, blocked by strictly political reasons).

So none of this has anything to do with “Putin weaponizing energy”. It was Berlin and Brussels – mere messengers of Big Finance – which weaponized the supply of European energy on behalf of a financial racket, and against the interests of European industry and consumers.

“Our political system is broken, our multicultural societies are in chaos, inflation is soaring, we’re bankrupt and awaiting possible mass civil protests in the near future..”

the “Clinton Standard.”
    Hillary’s denial of what was found on her server exposes something far more serious than signature hypocrisy. It reflects establishment figures’ sense of license that they can literally rewrite history with little fear of contradiction by the media. While calling for limits on free speech over “disinformation,” Hillary has no qualms about falsely denying what published government reports detail.

Be careful
    Crystal balls cannot see everything

Repeat: UK BANS Covid Vaccines for ALL kids under 12.
    (Igor Chudov)

Thanks, Dr. D, for that uplifting post. People are on a roll here, lately.

Fear makes folks do foolish things.
    They try to fly with waxen wings.
    Bravado makes them crave the sun.
    They want too much- and end with none.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@d

It’s gotten to the point that when you step into the batter’s box they just go to fetch another baseball because the one the Doctor swings at is not just about to be knocked out of the park. It’s going to be entering low orbit.

So I see CSPAN is showing a live “9/11 Remembrance Ceremony”, and I checked and today is the 9th, which I mentioned to my mate and he said: “Maybe they forgot.”

When the fight gets dirty, he who falls
    Is the guy who sported crystal balls.

At this point, Putin could bid 6 hearts, doubled and vulnerable. And he’d make.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

… yet another take on the Europe’s circus, … fwiw:
    Putin vs Europe – The Long War
    https://themacrocompass.substack.com/p/the-long-war#details

F.S.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@oxymoron and I quote, “The good die young it seems.”

I wonder if some bad old guys might have had anything to do with that.

phoenixvoice
    Participant

I was watching Babylon 5, season 3, episode 8 last night.
    It started with an alien ambassador explaining to his assistant how to alter a report about another alien race so that it would become political propaganda that would please the home office. The story continued with the “night watch” being directed by the political office to supplant station security that had been historically tasked to the military — it was a totalitarian style maneuver — and how the (“noble”) station officers outmaneuvered and took back control of station security. It was almost eery to watch a story with so many shadowy parallels to current events, with “night watch” armbands reminiscent of Nazi SS, mass formation at work, etc.

Kunstler is witty today.
    By the way, if you haven’t ever checked out his Eyesore of the Month, give it a go. September’s is noted in its comment section: “It could also be a giant work of camouflage? Face it, if the crew of a tank were to sight the building, they might not waste precious ammo on it. “Nah, no need to blow that one up. Someone got to it before us”. It’s genius.” (“Valley” by MVRDV)

An ambulance siren is going by on the freeway north of our house. We used to hear them a few times a week- now we hear them three times a day.

Armenio Pereira
    Participant

Western Civ grew past any reasonable boundaries, became infatuated with itself, and forgot to prepare for its demise; too many humans weren’t able to avoid the temptation and followed its lead.
    Collapse won’t be pretty – may you face it with peace of mind.

(not our merit, nor our fault)

Mankind is exactly what God (aka The Everlasting Dissatisfaction) intended it to be.
    But if you are one of those true believers in the non-existence of the Divine at least you should be aware that the Universe doesn’t care about ethics, and that we are no match for It.
    God – the Universe, if you will – only cares about aesthetics, and how to permanently rearrange it.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

There is a popularized observation that “Life imitates art” , and there may well be a certain amount of truth to that, but only because fakers and bluffers find it safer and easier to look at art (instead of reality) when they’re working out their act for how to best fake and bluff their way through life.

It’s like a photo-copy of a photo-copy. No matter how artful the original is, if people imitate art that is itself just an imitation, then eventually it’s degradation from the original becomes too obvious. The zillionth copy will be so blurry that it doesn’t fake out or bluff anybody, and fails in an artfully theatric extreme fashion. To this I can only plead, “Please! Get new liars! The ones you have now aren’t fooling me anymore!”

The PATHETICALLY bogus Prime Ministers of the British Commonwealth are supreme examples. Trudeau tries to be his father, Johnson wanted to be seen as Churchill, and now that noisome hag Liz Truss imagines that she is channeling Iron Maggie herself.

At this point I may as well deal one final blow to the inert carcass of this dead metaphor, and close with, “Well it’s time for fakers to bow out, because it’s curtains. Show’s over. The audience has tired of suspending its disbelief and is getting back to the real world.

D Benton Smith
    Participant

I tend to prefer Fridays over Mondays because on Friday I only have 3 days to wait until the next Kunstler post, instead of the 4 days of waiting that begin Monday.

Bill7
    Participant

Van Morrison and band, ‘Listen to the Lion’, 1972: https://cinemaphile.com/watch?v=xgPJtIpQtjo

“He is not singing it, it is singing him.” -Greil Marcus.

John Day
    Participant

“Major War Next Year” is posted, with picture of me belt-sanding the subfloor (I’ll omit some re-posts)
    https://drjohnsblog.substack.com/p/major-war-next-year

“There Is Simply No Way Out” – Charles Nenner Warns Of ‘Anti-Dollar’ Global War In H2 ’23” ​
    ​People don’t trust what is going on in the United States. . . . We have seen this happen to other countries. We saw this happen to the British.
    They are going to go to another major currency. The BRIC countries and China are preparing to have an anti-dollar. I have told you for years that the dollar is not going to crash, but now it is time.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/there-simply-no-way-out-charles-nenner-warns-anti-dollar-global-war-h2-23

​Is this the set-up for a nuclear false-flag, to be pinned-on Russia? The shelling of Europe’s largest nuclear reactor sets the stage and justifies preparations for fallout.
    ​ ​Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Gen. Valery Zaluzhny stated “There is a direct threat of the use, under certain circumstances, of tactical nuclear weapons by the Russian armed forces.” He wrote this in an op-ed published by state run outlet Ukrinform, with the alarming words being picked up by The Washington Post and others.
    ​ ​”It is also impossible to completely rule out the possibility of the direct involvement of the world’s leading countries in a ‘limited’ nuclear conflict, in which the prospect of World War III is already directly visible,” Zaluzhny added.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukraines-top-general-doesnt-rule-out-limited-nuclear-war

​Thanks to Mr. House for this in depth analysis, completely worthy of a full and careful read. “Capitalism” is now “casino-capitalism”, a vast Ponzi-financial fraud, overdue for collapse
    A System on Life Support , Fabio Vighi
    ​ ​The political left is either opportunistically ignorant or caught in the neoliberal illusion that a virtualized type of financial capitalism is possible – perhaps even “with a human face”. As a result, hardly anyone on the left dares or is even able to connect the rapid deterioration of socio-economic conditions with the authoritarian turn of today’s “emergency capitalism” – already explicit in the brutally discriminatory treatment of “the unvaccinated”, or in the rising levels of our mainstream media’s propaganda. Is it not yet clear to the left that the political face of “breakdown capitalism” is fascism, albeit articulated in new and more sophisticated (progressive!) forms of violence and repression?
    ​ ​The only way our comatose system can prolong its lifespan is by ditching its liberal façade and dramatically increase its inherent capacity for barbarism.​ [“Fascism”, by name.]
    ​ ​In capitalist terms, we are facing an ironic twist on Margaret Thatcher’s infamous TINA: there is no alternative. Whatever happens, we will continue to see a drastic devaluation of fiat currencies, and the rapid dissolution of the social bond. As I see it, the endgame involves two main strategies: 1. The manipulation of a continuous stream of fear-inducing global emergencies, whose ultimate function is to shift the blame for systemic implosion onto some external agent while ushering in 2. A novel social-credit system (or rating system) based on mass immiseration and CBDC (Central Bank Digital Currencies), which are now being tested in more than 100 countries.
    https: //thephilosophicalsalon.com/a-system-on-life-support/

​ Charles Hugh Smith, The EU’s Crisis Is Global: Neocolonialism, Hyper-Financialization and Hyper-Globalization Come Home to Roost
    The EU’s crisis isn’t limited to energy. It is a manifestation of the global breakdown of Neocolonialism, Financialization and Globalization.
    http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2022/09/the-eus-crisis-is-global.html

John Day
    Participant

Pepe Escobar , Germany’s energy suicide: an autopsy [These policies pull the rug out from under modern industrial society, completely literally.]
    “By systematically sanctioning or closing gas deliveries from long-term, low cost pipelines to the EU, gas speculators via the Dutch TTP have been able to use every hiccup or energy shock in the world, whether a record drought in China or the conflict in Ukraine, to export restrictions in the USA, to bid the EU wholesale gas prices through all bounds.”
    ​ ​Translation: casino capitalism at its finest. And it gets worse, when it comes to electricity. There is a so-called EU Electricity Market Reform in progress. According to it, producers of electricity – from solar or wind – automatically receive “the same price for their ‘renewable’ electricity they sell to the power companies for the grid as the highest cost, i.e. natural gas.” No wonder the cost of electricity in Germany for 2022 increased by 860% – and rising.
    ​ ​Baerbock incessantly parrots that German energy independence cannot be secured until the country is “liberated from fossil fuels.”
    ​ ​According to Green fanaticism, to build the Green Agenda it’s imperative to completely eliminate gas, oil and nuclear power, which happen to be the only reliable energy sources as it stands.
    http://thesaker. is/germanys-energy-suicide-an-autopsy/

​ “Money” and “support” are quite different in physical reality, where oil and gas are the lifeblood of industry.
    ​”Wide Rescue Umbrella”: Germany Plans To Support Companies As Energy Crisis Worsens
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/wide-rescue-umbrella-germany-plans-support-companies-energy-crisis-worsens

Shutting pipelines and blaming it on Russia…
    Is Russia Limiting Gas Flows to Europe? Five Gas Pipelines out of Service
    The surprising answer is: no.
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/russia-limiting-gas-flows-europe/5792636

Ranks are broken in the EU. Trying to impose gas price-caps on Russia, as Europeans freeze to death, is fratricide against humans at home.
    ​ ​An emergency meeting of EU energy ministers on Friday meant to reassure both energy companies and the European public regarding soaring prices and severely strained supply amid Russian countermeasures in response to Western sanctions is off to shaky and fractured start. Rather than reassure anyone of anything, it’s already clear the issue of a proposed cap on gas prices has only divided the bloc further, akin to the same prior question with oil.
    ​Leading the way in pointing out the flawed logic of the plan, Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto pointed out the blowback would be worse than the sting aimed at Russia. “If price restrictions were to be imposed exclusively on Russian gas, that would evidently lead to an immediate cut-off in Russian gas supplies. It does not take a Nobel Prize to recognize that,” he said.
    ​ ​Echoing prior words of Hungarian leader Viktor Orbán, he said “The plan that would impose a price cap exclusively on Russian gas coming via pipelines is entirely against European and Hungarian interests.”
    https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/hard-core-physical-reality-blunts-eu-proposal-cap-russian-gas-prices-hungary

John Day
    Participant

Pepe Escobar again, ​​a detailed news story, worth reading in full Asia’s Future Takes Shape in Vladivostok​
    Rajan remarked how India does not see the SCO as an alliance, but committed to the development and political stability of Eurasia.
    He made the crucial point about connectivity revolving around India “working with Russia and Central Asia with the INSTC” – the International North South Transportation Corridor, and one of its key hubs, the Chabahar port in Iran: “India does not have direct physical connectivity with Central Asia. The INSTC has the participation of an Iranian shipping line with 300 vessels, connecting to Mumbai. President Putin, in the [recent] Caspian meeting, referred directly to the INSTC.”
    Crucially, India not only supports the Russian concept of Greater Eurasia Partnership but is engaged in setting up a free trade agreement with the EAEU: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, incidentally, came to the Vladivostok forum last year.
    In all of the above nuanced interventions, some themes are constant. After the Afghanistan disaster and the end of the US occupation there, the stabilizing role of the SCO cannot be overstated enough. An ambitious road map for cooperation is a must – probably to be approved at the Samarkand summit. All players will be gradually changing to trade in bilateral currencies. And creation of transit corridors is leading to the progressive integration of national transit systems.
    A key roundtable on the ‘Gateway to a Multipolar World’ expanded on the SCO role, outlining how most Asian nations are “friendly” or “benevolently neutral” when it comes to Russia after the start of the Special Military Operation (SMO) in Ukraine.
    So the possibilities for expanding cooperation across Eurasia remain practically unlimited. Complementarity of economies is the main factor. That would lead, among other developments, to the Russian Far East, as a multipolar hub, turning into “Russia’s gateway to Asia” by the 2030s.
    Wang Wen from the Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies stressed the need for Russia to rediscover China – finding “mutual trust in the middle level and elites level”. ​ ​​[That statement chills me.]​
    At the same time, there’s a sort of global rush to join BRICS, from Saudi Arabia and Iran to Afghanistan and Argentina
    http://thesaker. is/asias-future-takes-shape-in-vladivostok-the-russian-pacific/

​ ​Putin’s 12,000 tonne gold hoard has set the stage for an Asian Bretton Woods and the New Moscow Gold Standard.​ ​An Asian Bretton Woods?​ ​ Alasdair Macleod: ​ [Look for Chinese kilogram gold bars]
    The financial war between Russia with China’s tacit backing on one side, and America and her NATO allies on the other has escalated rapidly. It appears that President Putin was thinking several steps ahead when he launched Russia’s attack on Ukraine.
    ​ ​We have seen sanctions fail. We have seen Russia achieve record export surpluses. We have seen the rouble become the strongest currency on the foreign exchanges.
    ​ ​We are seeing the west enter a new round of European monetary inflation to pay everyone’s energy bills. The euro, yen, and sterling are already collapsing — the dollar will be next. From Putin’s point of view, so far, so good.
    ​ ​Russia has progressed her power over Asian nations, including populous India and Iran. She has persuaded Middle Eastern oil and gas producers that their future lies with Asian markets, and not Europe. She is subsidising Asia’s industrial revolution with discounted energy. Thanks to the west’s sanctions, Russia is on its way to confirming Halford Mackinder’s predictions made over a century ago, that Russia is the true geopolitical centre of the world.
    ​ ​There is one piece in Putin’s jigsaw yet to be put in place: a new currency system to protect Russia and her allies from an approaching western monetary crisis. This article argues that under cover of the west’s geopolitical ineptitude, Putin is now assembling a new gold-backed multi-currency system by combining plans for a new Asian trade currency with his new Moscow World Standard for gold.

Putin’s 12,000 Tonne Gold Hoard Sets The Stage For Asian Bretton Woods And The New Moscow Gold Standard

​ So just die quietly? JOHN PILGER: Silencing the Lambs — How Propaganda Works
    ​ ​In the 1970s, I met one of Hitler’s leading propagandists, Leni Riefenstahl, whose epic films glorified the Nazis. We happened to be staying at the same lodge in Kenya, where she was on a photography assignment, having escaped the fate of other friends of the Fuhrer.
    ​ ​She told me that the “patriotic messages” of her films were dependent not on “orders from above” but on what she called the “submissive void” of the German public.
    ​ ​Did that include the liberal, educated bourgeoisie? I asked. “Yes, especially them,” she said.
    I think of this as I look around at the propaganda now consuming Western societies.​..
    ​..​The United States dominates the Western world’s media. All but one of the top 10 media companies are based in North America. The internet and social media – Google, Twitter, Facebook – are mostly American owned and controlled.
    ​ ​In my lifetime, the United States has overthrown or attempted to overthrow more than 50 governments, mostly democracies. It has interfered in democratic elections in 30 countries. It has dropped bombs on the people of 30 countries, most of them poor and defenceless. It has attempted to murder the leaders of 50 countries. It has fought to suppress liberation movements in 20 countries.
    ​ ​The extent and scale of this carnage is largely unreported, unrecognised, and those responsible continue to dominate Anglo-American political life.

JOHN PILGER: Silencing the Lambs — How Propaganda Works

​ ​Fauci can take one for the team, a little one, not a big one…
    ​A ​lawsuit against the federal government – Anthony Fauci in particular – from the Attorneys General of Missouri and Louisiana has been brewing for a good part of the summer of 2022. The issue concerns the censoring of certain high-level experts on social media, three of whom are senior scholars of the Brownstone Institute. We know for sure that this censorship began early in the pandemic response and included exchanges between Fauci and then head of NIH Francis Collins, who called for a “quick and devastating takedown” of the Great Barrington Declaration.
    ​ ​At issue is whether and to what extent the government itself has had a hand in encouraging tech companies to squelch speech rights.

Judge Orders Fauci to Cough It Up

Noirette
    Participant

Escobar top post. https://thesaker.is/germanys-energy-suicide-an-autopsy/

Pepe quotes Engdalh +++, best to read the original:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/europe-energy-armageddon-from-berlin-brussels-not-moscow/5792005

Some might call it the end-run or death-throes of disaster capitalism, where many competing parties scrabble for profits, apply their methods, strategies, scams, which sends the ‘market’ into crazed peaks and lows, whereupon it dies (some make out like bandits, hola!) .. Result, trade stutters and halts. In part due (imho) to to the fact that the measurement of value of crucial goods is priced in dollars, euros, etc.

Others stress that intermediaries (processing, supply chain, endpoint services) break down, due to complex systems vulnerable to even mild shocks. (ex. J. Tainter classic.) Dysfunction and shut-downs spread, in a ‘systems’ network of cut-offs, die-offs, branches at some nodes are isolated.

A wider, more holistic view is seeing an energy crunch -> not enough cheap energy available for buyers who need it – at the heart of the matter, with Russia as top dog in the gas market.
    In any case, the EU (most of Europe) has abandoned any rational approach to the “problems.”

“Energy, cost of living and recession” by M. Roberts has a lot of charts …about Europe..

Energy, cost of living and recession

Mercouris attempts a history of German energy policies, he does not mention commercial competition, lobbyists, etc., but concentrates on public opinion driving it.

From 36 mins. on: https://bit.ly/3Br9z3U

upstateNYer
    Participant

DBS – you’re on a tear lately. Quite thought provoking. Did you get into oxy’s mushrooms? 😉

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@upstateNYer

But he told me they were just vegetables, perfectly safe and effective!

John Day
    Participant

@DBS & Upscale NYer:
    Don’t eat the red mushrooms with white spots, but the sort of gray ones with thin caps that grow on cow patties are worth a try, a little at first, then wait a half hour…

upstateNYer
    Participant

Bill7, Van Morrison. Thank you.

Dora
    Participant

About vax harms to young boys. Is this why UK halted vax for children?

Pfizer, FDA, CDC Hid Proven Harms to Male Sperm Quality, Testes Function, from mRNA Vaccine Ingredients

https://behindthefdacurtain.substack.com/p/pfizer-fda-cdc-hid-proven-harms-to?utm_source=substack&utm_campaign=post_embed&utm_medium=web

Bill7
    Participant

You are welcome, upstateNYer.

upstateNYer
    Participant

mpsk: “So I see CSPAN is showing a live “9/11 Remembrance Ceremony”, and I checked and today is the 9th …”

Trying to get a higher audience watching on a weekday? But, hey, “forgot” works as well. 😉

Dr. D
    Participant

Sins
    https://sinfest.xyz/btphp/comics/2022-09-09.jpg
    Cartoonist on a tear lately.

After first going bizarro-woke, then going in a slump (as all woke Soviet art is). I don’t think Tatsuya has entirely nailed the new groove yet. These are still just political comment and not something deeper and universal like he did years ago.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

WiFi Internet down again, and possibly permanently.. Yet to be confirmed..

Alternative access still works for the moment.

Another step up in the 10YT

‘The UST 10yr yield starts today at 3.32% and up another +3 bps from this time yesterday and a +13 bps rise from this time a week ago’

We are advised:: ‘A reset down on the way

No kidding!

We’ve been ‘resetting down’ since the mid-60s.

slimyalligator
    Participant

John Day. Thanks for your help on ivermectin prophylaxis. I’m up in air about the idea at this time. Good advice on the mushrooms.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.