After the Storm

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum After the Storm

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Giovanni Strazza The Veiled Virgin 1850s (Hard to believe this sculpture is made of -Carrera- marble)     With Omicron taking over at lightn
    [See the full post at: After the Storm]

Germ
    Participant

It’s over?
    Um – not so fast.

Geert’s most recent. Listen from 4 min 47 sec. Holy crap! https://www.facebook.com/MichaelMcDowellMinistries/videos/168968928766115

those darned kids
    Participant

you are here:

those darned kids
    Participant

you are here:

those darned kids
    Participant
    chooch
    Participant

Vaccine effectiveness (against infection not severe disease) goes down the drain

Draconian avoidance of omicron is not tenable. Omicron or a future variant will eventually find us all. It may even be preferable to encounter omicron a few weeks or months after your last vaccine than a year or two later, as the infection may be milder.

https://vinayprasadmdmph.substack.com/p/vaccine-effectiveness-goes-down-the

UK Now Reports Myocarditis stratified by Age & Sex After Vaccine Or Sars-cov-2

But regardless, these findings already clearly dispel the true misinformation online: Yes, sorry to break it to you, vaccines can have risks of myocarditis EXCEEDING risks of myocarditis from infection. Pls stop saying otherwise.

https://vinayprasadmdmph.substack.com/p/uk-now-reports-myocarditis-stratified

Are the vaccines doomed, or are we?

If anybody thinks the side effects are enough to cause a serious re-evaluation of vaccine policy all on their own: there is not nearly enough hospitalization and death yet. I’ve watched all-cause mortality graphs like a hawk looking for it. There are some minuscule signals. But nothing that can’t be easily ignored. For real public attention, we’ll need orders of magnitude (at least 2, but possibly 3) more vaccine injuries than we’ve currently got or likely to get. Maybe in 10 years, if there’s enough booster uptake and injuries because too much to ignore (but don’t bet against the power of wilful ignorance), we may see a serious re-evaluation of vaccine injury.

https://eugyppius.substack.com/p/are-the-vaccines-doomed-or-are-we

Polder Dweller
    Participant

“David Sassoli, the president of the European Parliament, died early Tuesday following an immune complication, according to his spokesman.

Sassoli, who was 65, had been under care in Aviano, Italy, Robert Cuillo, his spokesman, said on Twitter. He had been hospitalized since Dec. 26 due to a “serious complication due to a dysfunction of the immune system,” according to a statement released on Monday.”

I’m sure it had nothing to do with the vaccines.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-11/eu-parliament-chief-david-sassoli-dies-of-immune-complications

those darned kids
    Participant

germ: i listened to an hour of the geert interview, and i really didn’t hear anything very scary. he actually seemed a little optimistic.

have i missed something?

John Day
    Participant

“And now for something completely different”
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC8283343/
    Increase of SARS-CoV-2 RNA load in faecal samples prompts for rethinking of SARS-CoV-2 biology and COVID-19 epidemiology

What they are showing is that SARS-CoV-2 multiplies and sustains in the gut bacteria in human feces, and transferring these infected gut bacteria to culture medium continues the process of viral load increase.
    4 antibiotics are found to drop the viral load to zero, presumably by killing the host bacteria, while other antibiotics either have no effect on viral load, or decrease it somewhat.
    This implies that certain bacteria “host” SARS-CoV-2 in the gut. This might continue a long time. I don’t know. This might keep seeding virus in long-COVID. I don’t know.

The Ethical Skeptic article from November 15, the one with that Omicron-lineage chart shown here a few days ago, talked about the likelihood of aerosolized fecal spread through agricultural spraying of raw municipal waste, and made a good case for it. https://theethicalskeptic.com/2021/11/15/chinas-ccp-concealed-sars-cov-2-presence-in-china-as-far-back-as-march-2018/#comment-12008

I left a comment there just now with this new information.

I am just starting to ponder the implications…

John Day
    Participant

Ilargi, I know you like musical references , “The Automatic Earth”…
    After The Storm, by Carly Simon

those darned kids
    Participant

i must admit i liked the donkey they included on the zh version..

chooch
    Participant

Admitt

chooch
    Participant

Nether

chooch
    Participant

Wwater

Bishko
    Participant

The power brokers would not have gone through all this just to have it fizzle out. Pay attention! Agenda 2030 has a deadline.
    What if, just a thought here, that all the preceding was just to get everyone pissed off and to not trusting the govt and the med system. Then, they let the “real” viruses out. The ones with real lethality, not wimpy covid. All the preceding could just be a head fake. I would not put it past them. The world’s population is growing at over 200,000 per day so all the past two years deaths don’t even make a dent in the curve. If they want real de-population they had better get crackin. Maybe they will. The four riders may be stirring in their stables.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

“The best example I saw was in a local Greek paper -in English- that not just called every positive test a “case”, a widely accepted piece of nonsense …”

Not sure I agree with this. It makes perfect sense to me to define a positive test as a case. Doing that creates a bright line rule. It makes sense in countries that are still trying to track and trace, and have people who test positive stay at home, and have their family members quarantine at home too. I realize that tests can be problematic if the cycle threshold is too high, but that is a separate issue. As long as the cycle threshold is appropriate, a positive test tells you something that is relevant from a public health perspective.

What is the alternative? Defining a case as a person with symptoms? How do you measure that if many people with symptoms do not report? Defining a case as a doctor’s diagnosis? Again, how do you collect that data, and where do doctor’s draw the line? Does a case mean a hospitalization? If you move that far on the spectrum, and that’s the only data you are paying attention to, then you’ve pretty much given up on containment. For many countries that have given up on containment, a positive test might be an antiquated and useless data point. But for those that are still trying to track and trace, it is still the most relevant data point.

Same issue with the “with/from” distinction, whether talking about deaths or hospitalizations. Of course we can conceptually distinguish the person who goes to the hospital with a broken bone, and happens to have an infection that is not causing disease. But for other cases, the distinction might not be so easy to make? How to draw the line? Are health systems set up to collect and filter data that way? Is it practical to expect that? When disease has multiple contributing causes, how do you deal with that when you are compiling data? I don’t think we can simply dismiss all of the data as meaningless. Rather, it is better to keep collecting it according to the same parameters (for consistency), but to recognize that it will never be perfect.

VietnamVet
    Participant

Yes, the optimistic scenario is that the coronavirus pandemic is now over. We are past the peak.

The oligarchy will intentionally bury any mention of the pandemic until it is forgotten just like the Spanish flu was after WWI. This is the only way the current exploitative political/economic system can continue. But the increasing number of ill and dead from vaccine side effects and long-COVID will add to the unrest already caused by the utter corruption, incompetence, and inequality. It is now plainly obvious that the western corporate/state Empire is incapable of dealing with the next pandemic, climate change, a war with Russia; or being decent, trustworthy and working for the common good.

The world, the universe, is theirs to pillage. Today’s western leaders will never voluntarily returned ethnic Russian Eastern Ukraine to Russia to insure Detente and avoid a nuclear war.

Towards the end of the 21st century if the USA breaks apart due to escalating chaos for profit, Mexicans with Eurasian aid could well liberate the lost territories with a majority Hispanic population. A North American ethnic regional civil war risks going nuclear.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

Mark Dolan’s prediction really nailed it:
    “in a similar way to those who now claim never to have supported the Iraq war”

Exactly!

A little like Germany after WWII, when everyone who had served in the army claimed: “I was the cook.”

chooch
    Participant

We are not antivaxers but…

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34957554/

Recently, new-onset autoimmune phenomena after COVID-19 vaccination have been reported increasingly (e.g. immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia, autoimmune liver diseases, Guillain-Barré syndrome, IgA nephropathy, rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus). Molecular mimicry, the production of particular autoantibodies and the role of certain vaccine adjuvants seem to be substantial contributors to autoimmune phenomena. However, whether the association between COVID-19 vaccine and autoimmune manifestations is coincidental or causal remains to be elucidated. Here, we summarize the emerging evidence about autoimmune manifestations occurring in response to certain COVID-19 vaccines. Although information pertaining to the risk of autoimmune disease as a consequence of vaccination is controversial, we merely propose our current understanding of autoimmune manifestations associated with COVID-19 vaccine. In fact, we do not aim to disavow the overwhelming benefits of mass COVID-19 vaccination in preventing COVID-19 morbidity and mortality. These reports could help guide clinical assessment and management of autoimmune manifestations after COVID-19 vaccination.

chooch
    Participant

Beware of pandemicists and vaccinators.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31771709/

[..] VE showed a pronounced negative dip among 35-54-year-olds in whom the odds of medically attended illness were > 4-fold increased for vaccinated vs unvaccinated participants (p < 0.005).

[..] Our findings suggest vaccine mismatch may negatively interact with imprinted immunity. The immunological mechanisms for imprint-regulated effect of vaccine (I-REV) warrant investigation.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Giovanni Strazza The Veiled Virgin 1850s (Hard to believe this sculpture is made of -Carrera- marble)

Lest this amazing masterpiece go unremarked:
    Incredible and genius; I could gaze on it for days…

Django
    Participant

V Arnold. Yes. Isn’t It marvelous?

Doly
    Participant

“What it all adds up to so far is that the CDC secretly admits the number people who actually died FROM Covid has been exaggerated by a factor of between 10 and 100%”

I have no idea what you call “dying FROM Covid”. Maybe it’s different from what you’d call “dying from COVID”. Because as you say, a lot has been hanging on people distorting language and being coy about what they mean when they use words.

Let’s take it literally, as most people would. “Dying from covid” for most people would mean that somebody catched covid and died within a month of catching it, that would not otherwise be expected to die during that timeframe.

Well, luckily we have statistics of deaths in most developed countries. So we do in fact know how many excess deaths have been happening during covid waves, and we can compare it with the number of reported covid deaths. And if you do actually check the numbers, you will find that they match pretty well, except that in the USA, especially in the first wave but also afterwards, there is an unexplained number of excess deaths. Eventually the reports should come out with the full causes of mortality, and people can discuss whether covid cases were under or over reported to their heart’s content, but the data we have so far suggests that in any case they appear under-reported.

It’s true that the omicron wave is a lot milder, so excess deaths from now on will probably not have any big new peaks.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.