All US Homes Are Overvalued

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum All US Homes Are Overvalued

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange Children and home of cotton workers at migratory camp in southern San Joaquin Valley, CA 1936   My long time pal Jesse Colombo, no
    [See the full post at: All US Homes Are Overvalued]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Congratulations America; you’ve arrived at Dorothea Lange’s 1936…

zerosum
    Participant

Soon. (At the rate that prices for everything is rising) I will not be able to make choices of where to spend my money.

zerosum
    Participant

This not a home for white people.
    This is not a home.
    This photo was staged.
    eg. The cloth is on the table because of the swarm of houseflies.

Year round RV living, (close to work), is the next downward step in modern accommodations.

V. Arnold
    Participant

zerosum
    Then I would suggest you do not know who Dorothea Lange was, what her time/theme/subjects were.
    It’s 1936, hello?
    Do you have any idea about the great depression? The dust bowl? The great migration?
    I think not…

zerosum
    Participant

@ .V. Arnold
    There is no need for you to attack me.
    Chill out!

V. Arnold
    Participant

zerosum
    Attack you? I think you’re the one who needs to chill.
    Later will be greater…

Carlos Jimenez
    Participant

Ours may not be Lange’s or Rothstein’s era modern Hoovervilles nothwithstanding, we live in a nice Potemkim village time though. Take away the ETB cards and we’re gonna wish it’s 1936.

For in 1936 the country was still chuck full of natural resources. The people themselves were very resourceful. The traditional American values of family, thrift, grit and hard work were there. People died of hunger. Yet the goobmint was able to keep it hush hush.

The day reality asserts itself and the dollar ceases to be the reserve currency of the world and we have to live within our means, the midnight crowds waiting in line at Waltmart for their ETB funds to post and load up on sugary and glyphosated crapola food, it’s gonna be a lotta fun!

I won’t hold my breath though, for that fun to include an outcome where the Clintons, the Bushes, the Obamas, the Ben Bernankes and Lloyd Blankfeins and Jamie Dimons of this world swing from a light pole. Wet dreams tend not to come true.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.