Ben Bernanke’s Waffle House

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Ben Bernanke’s Waffle House

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Salvador Dali Spain 1936-38   Yes, it is hard to believe, but still happening: 10 years after Lehman the very same people who either directly cau
    [See the full post at: Ben Bernanke’s Waffle House]

zerosum
    Participant

The rich powerful elites do not steal from the dollar store. They go after bigger rewards.

Capitalist Opportunities from Hurricane Florence, packing winds of 140 miles per hour (220 kph)
    Definition of looting; anything taken by dishonesty, force, stealth,
    Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent.
    free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are determined by the open market and by consumers. In a free market the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government,
    Windfall profits are a type of windfall gain. They can occur due to unforeseen circumstances in a product’s market, such as unexpected demand or government regulation.
    Business owners may be accused of profiteering when they raise prices during an emergency
    Scalping is a trading style specializing in taking profits on small price changes,
    Ursury – The term may be used in a moral sense—condemning, taking advantage of others’ misfortunes
    Extortion (also called shakedown, outwrestling and exaction) is a criminal offense of obtaining money, property, or services from an individual or institution, through coercion.
    Bribery is the act of giving or receiving something of value in exchange for some kind of influence or action in return, that the recipient would otherwise not alter.
    Corruption is a form of dishonest or unethical conduct by a person entrusted with a position of authority, often to acquire personal benefit. Corruption may include many activities including bribery and embezzlement,

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-14/next-financial-collapse-according-4-who-called-last-one

A different kind of hurricane slammed into the American East coast, the nation and ultimately the world ten years ago today.

However, The poor must resort to looting a Dollar store.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-15/police-arrest-4-amid-rash-lootings-areas-impacted-florence

The store’s management ( at the Dollar store) had initially asked police not to pursue charges, ( he has insurance) but after consulting with the DA, they have apparently changed their mind.

Police warned that they will pursue any suspects identified via camera footage “to the fullest extent of the law”

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

Excellent post, zerosum, contrasting the largest white-collar heist of all time with the petty thievery after Hurricane Florence, with the perpetrators of the former rewarded and honored, while the latter are prosecuted and reviled.

Those who have not been fooled by the wall of propaganda surrounding the financial crisis, look forward to the day of justice, when the Hank Paulsons and Jamie Dimons are hunted down and stripped of their stolen wealth. The poor are only acting out what the bankers have so skillfully modeled for them – “steal as much as you can get away with.” Hark! The day of justice approaches.

John Day
    Participant

Beggin’ yer indulgence here, Amigos & Amigas, but somebody sent me this link a week ago, before 9/11, and I have been keeping it as an open tab. I have not sent it out on http://www.johndayblog.com , because I cannot vouch for it, and it is of high importance, especially if mostly-true.
    The premise is that the facts about 9/11 are getting leaked by the Russians lately, and that retired-but-diverted-not-recycled W-54 nuclear artillery shell “pits” have a lot of useful applications, like vaporizing the central steel structural columns in the Twin Towers. I have seen evidence to that effect before, and the inductive heating of steel from nearfield nuclear event is just the right thing for that job. Microspherules of iron in the wreckage and vaporization of something like 20 tons of steel in the special antenna on top of the WTC (POOF!) add credence to that theory.
    What’s different here, is that specific actors and pathways of disbursement of these illegal battlefield nukes are alleged. I’m spelling it out to this commentariat, so you can choose to look at this link or not.
    Again, beggin’ yer pardon… John http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=103579

sumac.carol
    Participant

Great article and great commentary. I am trying to better understand the workings of central banks and this helps a lot. Always find it confusing when central bankers are described as incompetent-seems absolutely unlikely although maybe this appears to be the case because these bankers ultimately cannot control all that they would like to control. At the same time the central banks appear to have massive vested interests in areas not related to overall public good, and are very competently protecting these interests.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.