Big Brother = You

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Big Brother = You

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Giorgione The Tempest 1508   Happy belated new year. Belatedly. Thought I’d sit out a few days, since there wasn’t much news to be expected. And
    [See the full post at: Big Brother = You]

Nassim
    Participant

I reposted this as the page I originally put it in was superseded.

“Much of the increase is due to the battles to retake Islamic State strongholds in Mosul”

We must not forget how ISIS took over Mosul in the twinkling of an eye. They stormed the place with hundreds of brand-new Toyotas equipped with heavy machine-guns from over 100 miles away. Somehow, the USAF, US satellites and all those drones failed to see the preparations for this attack – which must have taken months – and failed to attack this vast column of vehicles in the open desert.

Furthermore, it is obvious that the communications systems of the defenders were messed up and that they received false and contradictory information and orders – to sow confusion. The Americans could not have done it alone – they needed Arabic-speaking Israelis.

I did a search on FT.com and all their old articles about what a pushover this was for ISIS have disappeared. Here is what they had to say 4 months later.

“The Saqlawiya debacle, in which an experienced army unit was once again quickly overcome by Isis, rattled Iraqi political and security officials and western strategists. Both Iraqi and western officials have struggled to formulate an effective strategy to push back against Isis after the group seized control of much of northwestern Iraq in a lightning offensive in June”

If the US is to avoid committing troops to its campaign against Isis, Iraq’s army must be reinvented

Note how the victims of this information war are being portrayed as grossly incompetent. There is not reference to the USAF which had a large number of A-10 ground-attack aircraft nearby. In WW2, everyone learnt from the North African Campaign that whomsoever controlled the air could defeat any attempt to attack or invade across open desert.

In sum, it is quite appropriate for the title of this article to start with “The Fog of War ..”

V. Arnold
    Participant

One thing we can say though: none of this is innocent. Whatever it is mankind is leaping into, we left innocence behind for good.

Exceptional post Ilargi.
    It echoes what I’ve been saying for years; we’re the problem (always have been) . Collectively were beyond redemption; only individually do we stand a chance. Grabbing and jealously guarding what anonymity we can.
    I do not use even one of those 15 social media sites (a misnomer to say the least).
    The media has become a means of kettling ourselves voluntarily; the sheep analogy is fitting and correct.
    Farenheit 451° and the story book colony comes to mind as the future, for those of us not succumbing to the seduction.
    A fractured society of the wealthy 5%; middle class, perhaps 10%; and the remaining 85%, including a large proportion of opioid addicted lost souls.
    At this juncture I personally see zero chance of turning it around; thus the individual must take full responsibility and act accordingly. Remember; responsibility is at its root, the ability to respond…

Nassim
    Participant

Thank you Ilargi for pointing out that this is a design feature. All these cumulative “mistakes” in so many areas do not happen by chance.

Anyone who has read about how the British – and later the Americans – broke codes of both the Germans and Japanese will realise that something similar is going on today. At that time, they explained the uncanny ability of RAF aircraft to be at the right altitude, distance and orientation to German night bombers as a result of the pilots being fed a lot of carrots – they had radar and did not want the Germans to know it.

A WWII Propaganda Campaign Popularised the Myth That Carrots Help You See in the Dark

When I was a teenager, the headmaster of my school was immensely popular with many of the mothers of the other boys (600 boys-only boarding school). Later on, I found out that he was a hero for having commanded a MTB that sank a German auxiliary cruiser – with the loss of 251 Germans.

Bob Drayson
    Headmaster of Stowe whose muscular Christianity and tireless persistence revived the school’s fortunes

Only very much later did it come out that the British knew the exact plan for getting this ship through the English Channel – as they had broken the code. Of course, this does not in any way detract from the fact that he was highly skilled and lucky. He was a Cambridge Double First.

German auxiliary cruiser Komet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.