Debt Rattle August 13 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 13 2015

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DPC Royal Street, New Orleans 1900 • China Adds a Chainsaw to Its Juggling Act (Pesek) • China Weakens Yuan For A Third Straight Day On Thursday (CNBC
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 13 2015]

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

Hi Professor LnL, you claimed that you would believe the Debt-Money Monopoly would orchestrate deflation when someone could show you when a deflation has ever occurred in history. Let me oblige.
    Weimar was a deflation. Argentina is 2000 was a deflation, too. Oh, that sounds crazy – but only because the limited discussion has artificially limited your perspective – up until now, anyway.’
    From the perspective of an ordinary person in either of those countries, it appeared as a hyperinflation / severe inflation.
    But, the Debt-Money Monopoly was OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY AND OUTSIDE OF THE CURRENCIES IN THOSE COUNTRIES. Therefore, when Weimar went bust with their hyperinflation, THE DEBT-MONEY MONOPOLY COULD BUY UP ASSETS IN GERMANY FOR PENNIES ON THE DEBT-MONEY DOLLAR THAT OPERATED OUTSIDE THE HYPERINFLATIONS!
    A person with Debt-Money Dollars ™ could buy up a whole lot of Argentina after their currency impoverished over half the country.
    What I just described are TWO DEFLATIONS from the perspective of the Debt-Money Monopoly – who acted outside the inflated currencies. Being serfs, we tend to take the perspective of serfs. We need to think like oligarchs.
    So, you are asking the wrong question. The question you need to ask yourself is…

“When is the last time the Debt-Money Monopolists hyperinflated the currency when they were loaded with that currency and owned massive amounts of debt paper?”

Now THAT is the proper question. What is the answer? I can’t find a single instance. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

I think I found out why Steve Keen addressed the fallacy that “the interest doesn’t exist.”

Bernard Lietaer – Why money needs to change now!

Mr. Lietaer does make that erroneous claim in the video above. However, from the perspective of Main Street, the claim is absolutely true. Main Street doesn’t have access to the money required to pay the interest because the Debt-Money Monopoly and their corporate fronts have excess cash – which, by definition, is everyone else’s inextinguishable debt.

Here’s Steve Keen debunking the technical point, but doing his level best to DECEIVE people into thinking that the oligarch return ALL their money back to Main Street – a flat out lie and he knows it. Read the comments – I made it entirely plain to him and yet he persisted in the outrageous lie.

The Principal And Interest On Debt Myth
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevekeen/2015/03/30/the-principal-and-interest-on-debt-myth-2/

Introducing “Trickle-Out Oligarch Economics” – How Over $21 Trillion In Wealth Fled Offshore
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-27/introducing-trickle-out-oligarch-economics-%E2%80%93-how-over-21-trillion-wealth-fled-offsho

Debt based money is a balance sheet (except for coinage, which apparently is debt-free to replace the cash that is lost annually (fires, lost in water, just lost, etc…).
    That means one person’s net monetary wealth is, by definition, someone else’s inextinguishable debt slavery. That net positive offshore money represents debts onshore THAT CAN’T BE PAID NO MATTER WHAT BECAUSE THAT OFFSHORE MONEY IS THE ASSET SIDE OF THE BALANCE SHEET **REQUIRED** TO PAY THE LIABILITY SIDE OF THE BALANCE (the onshore inextinguishable debts).

Greenpa
    Participant

“I wrote ‘tidal wave’ 36 hours ago for an upcoming artile. Need to find a new metaphor now.”

Suggestions: “continental rift slip” “tectontic plate subsidence”

or just going with tsunami would put you ahead-

Greenpa
    Participant

“Not to send you into a meltdown or anything but octopuses are basically ‘aliens’ – according to scientists”

I actually TAUGHT that, around 1972; in the graduate level “Invertebrate Biology” classes. I was the TA – but I not only taught the labs, I designed them. I had the class do detailed dissection of the squid. You can reach the “alien” conclusion from the morphology and physiology, without needing direct DNA readings.

They are just utterly unlike anything from the vertebrate lineage (which includes worms…). The stuff inside does not do the same things, isn’t connected in the same ways, isn’t in the same places, doesn’t flow the same ways- you have to have a detailed idea of how vertebrates and worms work in the first place, in order to appreciate how completely different cephalopods are.

They could be from another planet. Or; less noisily; they could be one of the very best examples in existence of the astonishing flexibility of basic DNA processes.

Nassim
    Participant

I looked up “tsunami of deflation”, but it has already been used by many others.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.