Debt Rattle December 2 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 2 2017

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

James McNeill Whistler Harmony in Blue and Silver: Trouville 1865   • Senate Approves Republicans’ Tax Overhaul (R.) • Debt, Taxes, Growth And Th
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 2 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Yawn; so what else is relevant?
    Tomorrow is Phra Jan here, the holy full moon.
    Now that’s important…

Dr. D
    Participant

Does the U.N. remind you of an extortion racket? Now that it doesn’t look like we’ll pay our bills, they’re looking to give us a black eye. This is after happily signing on to 16 or 37 years of illegal war, having Sudan and Saudi Arabia on the human rights council while S.A. was killing 100,000 civilians in a Yemeni genocide, and, as he says, helpfully offering cholera to Haiti. That is indeed a “fearsome track record.”

He also claims worldwide authority to bring all nations and individuals to heel? To extradite, try, and as recently, de facto execute local politicians in the Hague? Nice try, but we already saw they only the names at the bottom of his checks. That means despite the eyewash they have no authority but what constituent nations tell them to have — or don’t have, as when even today they stand back for the Syrian invasion. 500,000 killed, slavery starting worldwide, and he’s investigating poverty in a nation millions of poor people are fleeing to because of the welfare? Pull the other one, Jack.

The U.N. was after Cuba, China, Iran, Russia, for decades. Do they look bother’ed? Did it do anything but re-route their air traffic? And is Mr. Alston planning to invade the U.S. to enforce himself? To what human rights consequence? With whose army? Ours? Hey, I’ll be thrilled to have any consequences for illegal wars, but if I wanted it done why would I pay them to do it and relinquish sovereignty? He’s raising cash. For an Extortion. Racket. Since he flew in from the Hague for us I’d be happy to open an investigation on him for the U.N.’s crimes…in Cleveland.

So…the U.N. will pay for thousands of refugees to rent flats in Greece. Did they notice they’re evicting thousands of Greeks to do so? If the Greeks fled to Syria or Germany maybe the U.N. would finally help them? Reminds me of yesterday when the economists realized, lo! they needed to help the poor or else their scam would stop working. Great! All I need to do is slip under $1 a day and they’ll help. $2 a day? Hit the road, rich guy.

The U.N.: totally bankrupt in more ways than one.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dr. D
    The U.N.: totally bankrupt in more ways than one.

With all due repect; this has been the fact for years,if not decades.
    What exactly, woke you to this, your recent, reality…

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Even the news aggregators are in sync these days, distributing the same politically motivated bs widely throughout the intertubes.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Nothing “New” in the “News” anymore,,,, all is just one big assed regurgitation of assorted political agendas. iNoise.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Re: “It now requires ever increasing levels of debt to create each $1 of economic growth… It now requires nearly $4.00 of debt for each $1.00 of economic growth.”

There’s some hocus-pocus going on. Debt (an account balance expressed in dollars), when divided by GDP (a periodic production expressed in dollars per unit of time, typically per year) actually results in a number with the units of time, not a percentage. If it’s shown as a percentage, as in this article, the correct implication is that it’s a percentage of a full year.

Thus, a Debt/GDP ratio of 4.00 means that it would hypothetically take 4.00 years of the full production value to pay off the debt (in other words, 400% of the specific year’s production value). This does not mean that $4.00 is required “for each $1.00 of economic growth”, as claimed. Growth isn’t even part of the picture being considered at this point!

For conclusions about growth, we’d obviously have to examine the changes in GDP, but this just appears as an “ornamental” blue line on the graphs.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dag Hammarskjöld and U Thant were the last Sec. Generals I can remember who weren’t tools of the U.S..
    But, in one corner, it no longer matters because the U.S. ignores international law at will.
    A true outlaw nation under nobody’s control.

John Day
    Participant

@V.Arnold
    “Outlaw nation:, yes; under Corporate Control, though…
    Artificial Intelligence has already taken over,; It’s called “The Corporation”
    Corporations, just like a potential runaway AI, have no intrinsic interest in human welfare. They are legal constructions: abstract entities designed with the ultimate goal of maximizing financial returns for their investors above all else. If corporations were in fact real persons, they would be sociopaths, completely lacking the ability for empathy that is a crucial element of normal human behavior. Unlike humans, however, corporations are theoretically immortal, cannot be put in prison, and the larger multinationals are not constrained by the laws of any individual country. With the incalculable advantage of their superhuman powers, corporations have literally taken over the world. They have grown so massive that an astonishing sixty-nine of the largest hundred economies in the world are not nation states but corporate entities… Around the world, worker-owned cooperatives have demonstrated that they can be as effective as corporations—or more so—without pursuing shareholder wealth as their primary consideration. (Who will bell that cat? Be a cooperative worker, I guess.)

AI Has Already Taken Over, It’s Called the Corporation

V. Arnold
    Participant

John Day
    Agree with everything you said.
    Basically, humans are screwed, every way they turn.
    Most, if not all, is self harm…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.