Debt Rattle February 27 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 27 2020

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

‘Daly’ Store, Manning, South Carolina 1941   • China City Offers $1,400 To Virus Patients Who Report To Authorities (R.) • UK Hospitals To Deny C
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 27 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The sheer volume of bullshit, conjecture, obfuscation, and just plain ignorance published by the world news should scare the holy shit out of every manjack one of you.
    Kudos to Ilargi for shredding all of it for some clear reason, within all the garbage. Nothing can make any of this palatable; but rather a smattering of reason…
    The corruption of the press is unforgivable; keeping critical thinking skills is of paramount importance…
    IMO, the corona-19 virus is being intentionally distorted for ulterior motives by the U.S. especially!!!

V. Arnold
    Participant

…be alert; very, very alert………

Dave Note
    Participant

The headline that leapt out at me today was China bribing citizens to report their illness.

Americans have such a horseshit fake ‘Sickcare’ racket in lieu of an actual healthcare system, and they are scared to death, pun intended, that it will bankrupt them so they avoid using it like the plague, pun also intended.

Medical bills bankrupted over 900,000 US families last year.

Medical bills bankrupted ZERO families in most other 1st world countries with universal healthcare systems last year.

I posted before about a friend’s kid who had 5 stitches for $9000 in the ER.

And I just read of a woman who had gotten her leg caught between the train and platform and it was obviously broken and she repeatedly pleaded, pleaded with the crowd NOT to call an ambulance because it would be too expensive and she could afford it. Make America Great Again, huh?

And another story where some guy though he had Covid-19, insisted the ER test for it, it was negative and the hospital billed him $3500 and his insurance would not pay it. The $1400 bribe to report it doesn’t even cover the cost of the test!!! Hahahaha what a Clusterfuck the U.S. is.

Couple this with $10,000 deductibles.

So against this backdrop, how do you think most Americans will response after being conditioned for decades NOT to use the Sickcare Racket or go to the ER?

Give them $1400 to report themselves, and then charge them $14,000 to treat them. Sweet.

Makes Alice in Wonderland look sober as a judge.

This is not taking into account the army of homeless and people living in their cars and trucks with zero healthcare. A bloody army of Typhoid Marys in every nook and cranny of the countryside.

Do you really think even a fraction of them with seek help until it’s way too late and they’re spread this beast like the apocalypse?

What about the 50% of the US workforce living paycheck to paycheck and routinely going to work sick, sometimes really sick, cause they can’t live without the money week to week?

Or the 50% who don’t have $400 extra for emergencies.

Does Covid-19 count as an emergency?

MrMoto
    Participant

More info on that Cal. case.

Man was transferred from another hospital already on ventilator.
    Cal. can’t test – CDC wouldn’t test. Yikes.

Pandemic bonds complete with derivatives and counterparties – you can’t make this sh*t up.

MrMoto
    Participant

This is high up in government. What about “ordinary” people? What is Iran still hiding?

Covid-19 Infects Iranian Vice President, Kills Iran Ambassador To Vatican

Dr. D
    Participant

If they don’t get some shorts in this 99% market, they won’t be able to force it higher.
    If they if they don’t have a reason they can’t start 0% rates and hand out ever-increasing money to their friends at an ever-increasing rate.

They’ve done everything so far without inflation/hyperinflation on the monetary side, so if too much money can’t break it, how about too few goods?

Monetary reset. Unseats the monetary interests. Who are coincidentally the CIA/Deep State allies.

So going pretty good. Is Kung-flu dangerous? Sort of. It’s more dangerous than the regular flu, but that’s not saying much. By amazing coincidence, beyond the 7 key factors of bioweapon Smith described, it also hits basically Asians and smokers. For everyone else, it may actually BE the flu. I suspect it is. But the attempt to break the economic system and punish us, drop the economy and keep the right people in power with but not exclusively for the election, I suspect will fail. That doesn’t make either a FluII or the supply disruption not dangerous though. The supply stop IS dangerous. This day and every other day, no different. That’s why we have borders and sovereignty with national security manufacturing systems at home, and the employment therein. 87 days later, still no one has accused us. Why not? They accuse Trump of not stopping the disease in China, presumably by invading and conquering them to get the jurisdiction to — once he’s King of China — stop it. SMDH.

Let’s play pretend: somewhere in America, there is a guy who has access to all the intel and documents, gets information on all the bioweapons people have been fooling with, and all the cures they can’t admit they have. Must be hard to know all that and not speak up. To know what is going on and not say, “Hey you fools, HERE’S why not to worry, and I KNOW.” All that guy might say is “April”, so we’ll see. For now all we see is a certain blood pressure medication (check me here) stops it cold. Perhaps Chagga and garlic too. Huh, so many cures already and it’s only been a month, what will summer bring to non-Asian non-smokers?

Food for thought.

Doc, how many people died of the regular flu in the time we’re fretting about this famous flu? Officially or unofficially? With 1B affected, has it killed as many people as heart disease or falling in the shower yet?

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Drilling down into Moto’s referenced article, it reveals that Mr. Bradley Simmons as interim CEO UC Davis is being paid $732,000+ a year up from his ordinary salary of $592,000 to tell people who are expert in healthcare what do when he is unqualified to practice any aspect of healthcare.
    By comparison, I treated the most patients, the sickest patients and performed the most surgery in my specialty at a comparably sized university hospital in Washington and I was paid a fraction of what Brad is being paid taking credit for supposedly telling physicians/surgeons/doctors like me what to do. The neurologist who last protested such arrangements as Brad’s at UW was run out of town but not before the executive committee of the medical staff (ECOMS) labeled him a disruptive physician.

These folks are the ppl leading your coronavirus response and they will be paid first.

zerosum
    Participant

More people will die from spit than from bullets.

Holy sites are breeding grounds for the virus

Israel is taking serious pains to avoid acknowledging the coronavirus cases

WHO official singled out Iran, claiming the virus had crept into the country “undetected”, before adding that the WHO fears the outbreak inside the country is even worse than the government claims.

Prominent Iranian cleric and diplomat, Hadi Khosroshahi passed away today, one day after he was admitted to a hospital in Tehran for testing positive #Coronavirus.

Fearing the sudden breakout in the Middle East might spread inside its borders, Saudi Arabia has halted pilgrimages to Islam’s holy sites

—–
    “They’ve done everything so far without inflation/hyperinflation on the monetary side, so if too much money can’t break it, how about too few goods?”
    or
    too few buyers?
    —–

An additional position/responsibility deserves an additional pay check.

Trump said Pence would not be a “czar,” but stressed the vice president will be coordinating the efforts.
    “Mike will be working with the professionals, doctors and everybody else that is working. The team is brilliant. I spent a lot of time with the team the last couple weeks,” the President said. “But they are brilliant and we’re doing really well and Mike is going to be in charge and Mike will report back to me. But he has a certain talent for this.”

John Day
    Participant

Thanks to ezixa1949 for posting this link about chloroquine phosphate effectively treating novel coronavirus pneumonia, yesterday https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bst/advpub/0/advpub_2020.01047/_pdf/-char/en
    I assume they used the highest standard dosing regimine, that for amebiasis, which is 500 mg twice per day for 2 days, then 500 mg once per day for 2-3 weeks. https://www.drugs.com/dosage/chloroquine.html
    Chloroquine phosphate costs about $15 per tablet in the US and requires Rx. These guys say they have it (online chat today) https://www.healthwarehouse.com/chloroquine-phosphate-500mg-tablets.html?wiz_medium=SEM&wiz_source=google&wiz_campaign=Shopping%20-%20RX%20-%20All&wiz_term=6301&gclid=CjwKCAiA7t3yBRADEiwA4GFlI8vFdbKTbUY8PDqw6ZeMOt7TA7OKBAp1yXmLBmUbLkpsneQAi94wthoCPEMQAvD_BwE
    V.Arnold, I suspect you can get it in Thailand for cheaper.
    I’m seeing if I can get some for the clinic. It is back ordered from wholesalers, according to 2 pharmacies I called this morning.

seychelles
    Participant

Yeah, like when it turns out (s)he was infected in the Wuhan biolab.

The ring of truth.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Beware vision loss from chloroquine retinopathy

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Dr. D: “Doc, how many people died of the regular flu in the time we’re fretting about this famous flu?”

A 2019 study lists 389,000 deaths as the average “global mortality associated with seasonal influenza epidemics”, which is roughly 32,000/month, or 64,000 total for January and February (as a ballpark figure).

Results
    We estimated an average of 389 000 (uncertainty range 294 000-518 000) respiratory deaths were associated with influenza globally each year… Of these, 67% were among people 65 years and older.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6815659/

Dr. D,

I notice from time to time that the Automatic Earth’s Facebook account having been shut down means I’m increasingly out of touch with the young, the hip and the influencers. Like in this instance for instance, when you say SMDH, I know the first three letters mean Suck My Dick, but I can’t seem to figure or remember what the H is for.

Dr. D
    Participant

That was “Eat a bag of D…s” (a classic) but this one was “Shaking My D–n Head”

https://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter/2020/Pandemic-fears-real-and-imagined.htm

Fascinating and amazing article with such goodies as: “MPH Online’s grisly top 10 list of the worst pandemics. The 1889-90 Flu, otherwise known as the Asiatic or Russian Flu, was first observed in Central Asia, northwestern Canada and Greenland. It went global through urbanization…”

Yeah, that urban Western Canada and Greenland in 1890…certainly the cause. Do synapses ever fire off anymore?

And, “The Asian Flu originated in China, in 1958. Its two-year spread resulted in about 2 million dead, including 69,800 in the United States.”

And with a U.S. population of 174M in 1958, I’ve never heard of it or anyone it affected. That’s 35x today’s toll in a country 1/3 the size, proportionate to 140,000 Americans dead today, and shrug, unnoticed. History blinked and was gone.

The Hong Kong Flu of 1968 was a fast-spreading H3N2 strain … Though it only had a 0.5% mortality rate, the Hong Kong Flu still killed over a million people.”

Never heard of it, no one noticed.

“we can place nCoV as more deadly than SARS and the Avian Flu, but still quite a ways from the Sixth Cholera outbreak which resulted in 800,000 dead, or other influenza outbreaks whose body counts go into the millions…”

Although meant to be honest and terrifying, clearly this is the most reassuring article I’ve read since December. Giggly almost.

That and these jokers: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

So Doc says 400k/yr = 33,000/mo = 100,000 dead since 1 December. Covid = 2k, officially. You can’t say the common cold is 50x more deadly than Kung-flu, but close. So: “What’s up Doc? Why all the hubub, bub?”

My bet is, yes, it’s killed not 2k but 100k, based on reaction and crematoriums, with 1B not 8B affected. So that’s 100x more deadly than flu. But flu is probably 0.003% death rate (most never doctor, so are untracked. Who do you know that has ever died?), so upping by 100x = 0.3%, or 3 in 1,000 die. And yes, that’s high. 8B x 0.3% = 2.4M dead. But comparatively, it’s a say-what, no effect, the cure (stopping the worldwide economy in a bid to retain power and/or cause a world war due to crankiness) is worse than the disease.

The disease I can stand. In fact, I’ll have to since thanks to government and the WHO, I’m going to get it. What I can’t survive is their “helping.”

And you ain’t seen nothing yet. If they disappear famous doctors in the international flu spotlight, and set up roadblocks worldwide with submachine guns, you can only imagine what tricks they’ll learn and justify against uppity folks in Virginia. No questions will be asked, no one will review their actions after. Long planned, long discussed, G4 warfare, with bio “mistakes” long been tested and used since 1935, brought and used here.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_biological_warfare_in_the_Korean_War

Helping! Helping! Helping so much!

zerosum
    Participant

3 cheers for USA
    Only the best liars.
    Vice President Mike Pence has added Larry Kudlow, Steve Mnuchin and Surgeon General Jerry Adams to the White House’s Coronavirus Task Force.
    ——
    If you do nothing else, to find inner calm, listen to the parrots.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Dr. D I see your point -if the numbers are correct the response does seem excessive. It just doesn’t make sense.

zerosum
    Participant

Nobody is listening to the parrots.
    Stock market is tumbling.

Dave Note
    Participant

From Nucleus Wealth’s Updated COVID-19 statistics

Updated COVID-19 statistics

Coronavirus mortality outside China and Iran

From the bottom of the above link, this deals with the mortality rate vs lag time

Season flu mortality is approx 0.1%
    Covid-19 (minus China and Iran, which could would skew it considerably higher) is trending to 5.0%

Approx 50X the mortality of seasonal flu. They are not the same beast.

COVID-19 Mortality Rate using lag periods

The mortality rate is where we can see distinct differences in data. Dividing the number of deaths by the number of cases during the early stages of an outbreak is very misleading. People who were diagnosed today with the disease are still alive, but they still might die from the disease in the coming days.

A better way is to compare the current deaths to the number of cases from “x” days ago. We still don’t know how many days we should be looking back. The stats so far suggest that the median days from the first symptom to death is 14. But with a broad range from 6 to 41. And, we don’t know how long on average after the first symptom a person would take to become a case.

The below charts show the death rate if the right period to look back is 4, 8 or 12 days. Using data without Hubei, a mortality rate of somewhere between 0.5% and 3% is likely.

In recent days, data from Iran has skewed the results. There is likely a significantly larger outbreak in Iran than what is being reported. We have started showing our mortality rates for the rest of the world excluding Iran.

zerosum
    Participant

Be happy, listen to the parrots.

Even the big gun, Lt. Gen. Honore, is telling everyone to shape up.

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/white-house-hold-emergency-press-conference#comment_stream

Its too dangerous to bring the troops home.

We need them.

We cannot afford them home.

We cannot quarantine them for +14 days

zerosum
    Participant

Troop rotation cancelled until end of coronavirus vaccines tests are over.
    (troops are always used for tests.)

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Yes, the flu is an apt comparison and the statistics are comparable……especially when considering the case fatality ratio of the Spanish Flu. And it’s most applicable to this question about “bringing the troops home” because that’s how the Spanish flu moved from Europe to America where certain minority communities were completely wiped out.
    The whole concept of inverted isolation came from the military’s experience with the Spanish Flu during WWI. There’s nothing quite like the dual dangers of dysentery and respiratory illnesses to bog down and defeat an army more effectively than bullets and bombs.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

And of course President Trump just shut up Anthony Fauci……..no small task

sinnycool
    Participant

My nomination for The Word of the Times

triage
    n. A process for sorting injured people into groups based on their need for or likely benefit from immediate medical treatment. Triage is used in hospital emergency rooms, on battlefields, and at disaster sites when limited medical resources must be allocated.
    n. A system used to allocate a scarce commodity, such as food, only to those capable of deriving the greatest benefit from it.

Sadly from a personal point of view my dear wife and I are on the wrong side of the progressing triage along with all the rest of a rather large cohort of newly awakening disposables.

1. get off my lawn ok boomer 8% mortality liable … check
    2. economic supplicant with a trending claim on financial and health services … check
    3. occupying land and house while those upcoming deserve it more … check
    4. waning political influence … check
    5. almost universally despised as in the way and a waste of space to all the things that make the world go round like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and phone and shiny sales … check

zerosum
    Participant

Don’t the troop go to Germany when they need to be evacuated in an emergency?
    Hummmm!
    I hope that the Germans have a lot of effective protection gear.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Be careful with chloroquine phosphate: webmd has a long list of unpleasant side-effects. The problem with vision loss seems to arise with long-term usage. The Chinese article refers to the drug as “cheap and safe that has been used for more than 70 years.”

Another possible source of supply: https://aquariumstoredepot.com/products/chloroquine-phosphate
    Never would have guessed this one. Allegedly 99% pure, but is it?

zerosum
    Participant

Food banks receive donations.
    Food banks help the needy.
    Empty food bank means ….?????

zerosum
    Participant

Who told them to read the comment at TAE

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/02/27/centcom-limits-troop-travel-middle-east-due-coronavirus-fears.html
    CENTCOM Limits Troop Travel in Middle East Due to Coronavirus Fears

27 Feb 2020
    Military.com | By Oriana Pawlyk and Richard Sisk
    U.S. troops stationed in the Middle East are temporarily banned from taking leave or liberty travel to other countries as the novel coronavirus continues to spread.

zerosum
    Participant

Face masks do not work properly if you have a beard
    Go shave your beard

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Don’t confuse hydroxychloroquine (plaquenil) (used often for decades-long treatment of rheumatoid diseases) with chloroquine.

John Day
    Participant

My friend Joe, who turned me on to this site in very early 2008, at the latest, found this expert consensus on chloroquine phosphate dosing for n-CoV2019 illness, all severities.
    500 mg twice per day for 10 days

Expert Consensus on Chloroquine Phosphate for the Treatment of Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia from COVID19

We now have 17 tablets at our house, the last at the closest Walgreens.
    I’ve got a big day of work tomorrow and will not be checking in.

lasttwo
    Participant

Mike Pence – the guy who does not believe in science. Really? does he believe in the existence of viruses? I would not feel secure in that appointment. Really Mike Pence in charge of communication and defense against the virus. Prepare to get your information thru an interesting filter. The press conference with Trump and the cdc was hilarious every point trump made was completely countradicted by the CDC doctors on the same stage

Dr. D
    Participant

His virus task force seems to be focused on the real danger: the economic overreaction.

Of course that is hilarious to those who can’t do math, or read about previous “serious” epidemics, ones so large we forgot all about them a year later and can’t see them on a population/economic chart. I thought all people dying was good?

Oh well. Someone will be right, but no one will apologize.

We’ll move on to the next thing and be wrong about that too, forever and ever, amen. RussiaRussiaRussia! CattlecarsNuclearwarStockcrash! Aaaaaaiiiiii! We all gonna dieeeeee!

Here we go again, blasted into the future, learning nothing.

zerosum
    Participant

I glad you are all seeing the same thing as me.

Mike Pence is leading a flock of parrots.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.