Debt Rattle January 17 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 17 2017

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Arthur Rothstein Texas Panhandle Dust Bowl Mar 1936 • The Cheeto Cometh (Jim Kunstler) • Donald Trump Must Stop Cheering For Brexit, Says Top EU Offic
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 17 2017]

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Wait a minute: cheering for union is possible, but cheering for EU independence is not possible? I think I see what’s going on here. In other words, you may have opinions, so long as they are in perfect alignment with mine. Otherwise you’re a violent/madman/traitor/insert scary word here. That’s the Western value of free speech, where we all voice our opinions in a public discourse in order to come to an agreement on policy a majority can live with. Unless your opinions are different in any way from mine, Mr. Corbyn, then you’re a traitor. What is this, the Troll school of democracy? If I want your opinion I’ll beat it out of you?

This may be the case with Brexit, where the PEOPLE appear able to have a grown up discussion on Brexit, but clearly their representatives are not. And also not able to comprehend they are employees of the people, not the masters. That’s what we’d expect from, and is the duty of, the House of Lords, not the Commons. But that’s okay, as in America, they are only revealing themselves, and who they really are.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

The answer to Mises scale is, or can be, actual Federalism, not the lip-service of Federalism we have to justify universal, almost dictatorial central power we have today. Because in today’s world, what balance does Guiana or Catalonia or Montenegro have against Exxon-Mobil or Samsung? So you envision a world where every “nation” is smaller than the top 100 companies? That does not seem conducive to enforcing property rights, as you can ask any small—or even middle-sized nation on earth, who is forced to seek shelter in a powerful state, as Syria with Russia, Greece with the EU, or 100 other nations with the US.

P.S., glad to see Germany sending their immigrants back to Greece, who can so easily care for them, and the NGOs sending no aid whatsoever to either Syria OR Greece, while trumpeting all those nation’s human failures in the media. They care so much for the children of Aleppo, the west has refused ALL support there. This lets us all know who they are and what they truly stand for. Bonus question: if the NGOs aren’t helping anyone, what are they doing with all our money?

zerosum
    Participant

” … if the NGOs aren’t helping anyone, what are they doing with all our money?”

Ask Clinton about Haiti.

zerosum
    Participant

Happy days are here again!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-17/mccain-proposes-massive-5-trillion-5-year-defense-budget-blames-flawed-obama-defense

John McCain has proposed a new military budget that would exceed Obama’s proposed spending by $430 billion over 5 years and total over $5 trillion, in aggregate. In a 33-page white paper called “Restoring American Power”, McCain described his proposals

Does that mean America lost its power on McCain’s watch?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.