Debt Rattle January 8 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 8 2020

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange Farm boy at main drugstore, Medford, Oregon 1939   • Iranian Strike Was ‘Proportionate’ Self-Defense, No Need For War – FM Zarif (
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle January 8 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dorothea Lange Farm boy at main drugstore, Medford, Oregon 1939

Wow, I’ve spent some time in Medford; got my certification as a firearms instructor down there.
    Of course, that was about 40 years later…

V. Arnold
    Participant

I don’t know exactly what lies behind the US attack on Soleimani anymore than others do. The difference between us appears to be that I don’t pretend to know. Is the attack truly the start of WWIII, as I see many voices present as fact? Or did the US merely take out a dangerous individual? I don’t know, and neither do they.

I largely agree with your assessment of the US agression against Iran and the follow up…
    I like Orlov and mostly agree with his pov; what does chap my ass a bit, is Orlov’s seeming smugness.
    That, at least, is my perception…

V. Arnold
    Participant

I also have the sense there is gamesmenship going on here; the U.S. knows Iran is no easy knockover; Iran also knows the U.S. has the “upper hand” in terms of absolute power; so, they feign and spar, avoiding anything too serious/fatal…
    Iran will come out the better in this because of the declining power of the U.S. hegemon…
    That jump is but a short view of the present reality, IMO…

Carlos Jimenez
    Participant

V. Arnold, I read the whole D.Orlov article and didn’t come out with the same perception. Perhaps it is that I’m used to that kind of smugness coming from him, or Kunstler or myself or I’m so tired of the unstoppable overarching decline of the US that I think there’s still room in Orlov’s piece if not for more smugness for more sarcasm. The closing line, you might be inclined to agree with me, is a very sharp dagger…as there are folk being condemned to long prison time for burning the lgtbqqqxyz flag, the new American symbol to which we all must vow, as now “America is a Gay Disco”, E.Michael Jones averred.
    Think about it, 15 years for burning a gay flag and a golden parachute for the parasites that looted the economy and the treasure of this country that led to a lot of suicides including the 22 Vets that check out every day. That kind of scenario can bring out all kinds of responses on anybody having still some dendrites at work, smugness and sarcasm is in the low end of intensity if you ask me.
    The rest of his essay is no less damning and unassailable I reckon.
    I myself see Ozymandias written all over this place.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/21/us/iowa-man-burns-lgbt-flag-church-trnd/index.html

V. Arnold
    Participant

The closing line, you might be inclined to agree with me, is a very sharp dagger…as there are folk being condemned to long prison time for burning the lgtbqqqxyz flag, the new American symbol to which we all must vow, as now “America is a Gay Disco”, E.Michael Jones averred.

Yes, I agree…a fast train ride to hell…
    I never dreamed the U.S. would slide so fast, so far, down that abomination of political correctness…
    Scary times indeed…

zerosum
    Participant

Hummm! I’m getting a edit error and it won’t post.

We are not one of the 3 monkeys. ( No see, no hear, no say)

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/iran-refuses-hand-over-crash-data-stoking-speculation-plane-was-accidentally-shot-down

Iran will reportedly refuse to hand over black box data from the Boeing 737 that crashed over Tehran last night to Boeing, stoking speculation that the aircraft was shot down by an Iranian missile
    .As we reported overnight, the 737 800, which is very different from the 737 MAX and has an excellent safety track record, crashed over Tehran just minutes after takeoff, killing all 176 people onboard.

From where I’m listening, about the reporting of this disaster, I’m hearing new words to describe what happened.
    Yep!
    All the experts are trying to avoid saying what they are thinking.
    This is what they say happened

The plane disintegrated in the air.
    It did not crash into the earth.
    It was at 8,000 ft. and quickly came down.
    It was on fire in the air.

hem and haw
    chiefly US, informal
    1: to stop often and change what one is saying during speech because one is not sure of what to say or because one is trying to avoid saying something

2: to take a long time before making a decision about what to do
    ———
    What is not being said ….
    Why ….Maybe, just maybe the aircraft was shot down by a USA missile.
    The Iran missiles were able to overcome the defenses of the USA airbases.
    The missiles were accurate enough to NOT kill any USA citizens.
    Yet, the missiles were dumb enough to be able to accidentally bring down a civilian plane.
    ———
    I think that everyone is trying to serve me something that smells and needs too much salt.

zerosum
    Participant

Fortunately, I had saved it and it posted with a change

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2020/01/murder-most-foul.html
    ​The bombshell facts were delivered by caretaker Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi, during an extraordinary, historic parliamentary session in Baghdad on Sunday.
    ​ ​Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani had flown into Baghdad on a normal carrier flight, carrying a diplomatic passport. He had been sent by Tehran to deliver, in person, a reply to a message from Riyadh on de-escalation across the Middle East. Those negotiations had been requested by the Trump administration.
    ​ ​So Baghdad was officially mediating between Tehran and Riyadh, at the behest of Trump. And Soleimani was a messenger. Adil Abdul-Mahdi was supposed to meet Soleimani at 8:30 am, Baghdad time, last Friday. But a few hours before the appointed time, Soleimani died as the object of a targeted assassination at Baghdad airport.
    ​ ​Let that sink in – for the annals of 21st century diplomacy. Once again: it does not matter whether the assassination order was issued by President Trump, the US Deep State or the usual suspects – or when. After all, the Pentagon had Soleimani on its sights for a long time, but always refused to go for the final hit, fearing devastating consequences.
    ​ ​Now, the fact is that the United States government – on foreign soil, as a guest nation – has assassinated a diplomatic envoy who was on an official mission that had been requested by the United States government itself.​..
    ​ ​Killing Soleimani does prove that Trump, the Deep State and the usual suspects all agree on the essentials: there can be no entente cordiale between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Divide and rule remains the norm.

Financial N-option will settle Trump’s oil war

​Former UK Ambassador Craig Murray:
    ​ ​In one of the series of blatant lies the USA has told to justify the assassination of Soleimani, Mike Pompeo said that Soleimani was killed because he was planning “Imminent attacks” on US citizens. It is a careful choice of word. Pompeo is specifically referring to the Bethlehem Doctrine of Pre-Emptive Self Defence.
    ​ ​Developed by Daniel Bethlehem when Legal Adviser to first Netanyahu’s government and then Blair’s, the Bethlehem Doctrine is that states have a right of “pre-emptive self-defence” against “imminent” attack.

Lies, the Bethlehem Doctrine, and the Illegal Murder of Soleimani

“Why don’t we simply take their oil?” Donald Trump
    ​Michael Hudson, the original author of the idea of the Petrodollar, in his book, Super Imperialism, which Nixon and Kissinger used after Nixon had to default on the gold standard, explains the current military and financial status of the Petrobuck Empire. US military must support American dollar trading of Mideast oil, and must effectively prevent countries like Iraq, Libya and Iran from selling oil outside the $US regime. Failure to assure the need for dollars to buy oil will demote the $US to just another global currency. The US/empire will quite getting stuff for freely-conjured dollars, and won’t be able to afford the imperial army.​ The imperial army consists of democratic air force and navy, with mercenary jihadis like ISIS and al-Qaeda on the ground getting killed. Lessons of Vietnam…
    This is reality. Iran is not threatening New York with terrorist attacks. Iran is not who does that..

America Escalates Its “Democratic” Oil War in the Near East

Dan White’s military analysis of the (in)ability of the US to defeat Iran, from 2015, remains pertinent and instructive. The US has no will to lose tens of thousands of American soldiers in a meat grinder. The grinder would keep on grinding,too.
    With Iran, America, It’s Time to Grow Up

John Day
    Participant

This explains a lot about desperate US actions to control Iraqi oil.
    I wish there was a better format. Helen of DesTroy found this tidbit.

Helen Said:
    US tried to extort the Iraqi government – refusing to finish any of the infrastructure programs they’d dragged their feet on – unless Iraq promised half the oil revenues going forward. when they refused, & went to China to maybe get them to do it, the US freaked out & said cancel the agreements or you’ll have a color revolution on your hands. he refused, color revolution happened, US marines were in there killing protesters as in any good color revolution, Trump threatened to kill the PM if he said anything more about those marines. so he resigned rather than be subject to this nonsense. it’s a really ugly situation & Trump is knee-deep in it. i do believe he had integrity at the beginning, & i think he genuinely didn’t want war. however these last few weeks he’s a different person – reading off teleprompters, retweeting marco fucking rubio of all losers, otherwise acting like the zionist brain parasite has finally bored through the skull & is happily feasting on his prefrontal cortex.

Dr. D
    Participant

Ukranian Whistleblower Reveals MH-17 Tragedy Was Orchestrated by Poroshenko and British Secret Service”

Well what do you know? Just like we all said 5 hours after it happened. Is Holland going to apologize for participating after? Or was it worth it to have permission to repatriate their gold? Since they didn’t cause it, I’d almost call it fair.

In other Dutch news: “Netherlands Supreme Court Rules They Must Reduce CO2 by 25% by end of 2020!”
    “The judges in the Supreme Court of Netherlands have made one of the worst decisions possible. In hindsight, the ruling will be the straw that broke the back of the European economy.”
    –Armstrong

I don’t know what they’d have to do to accomplish this. Close the malls, shut the roads with the army, shut off the electric 12 hours a day, and pump water by hand? You know, starting tomorrow? In the middle of winter? I’m sure when thousands die from cold and diphtheria they’ll want to review it. In reality, of course, they’re just going to ignore the court because they must, and then the court and government are discredited as an institution instead. Meaning, people now just ignore the courts.
    From another view, if the court can do this, demand the central-planning and complete shutdown of Dutch culture, ordering the deaths of thousands, is there anything they CAN’T do? Yet they STILL don’t have the overreach of the English Supreme Court. Their overreach extended backward into time and was planetwide.

With regard to military matters, it seems safe to declare that by the end of the 2020s the US empire will be definitively over.”

Everybody’s on the same page here. Just need to inform the NeoCon/NeoLibs and their dinosaur holdovers left in the parties. It’s going to be messy and confusing but I said just the other day, the U.S. can only leave by shooting up the town. Iran can only save face and let us. So far, that’s happened. If Putin feels safe to fly to Syria, that’s a great sign: he’s not going to fly into WWIII.

Maduro Opponents Storm Parliament to Reinstall Guaidó as Leader (G.)”

These guys, whenever they lose, they call it a win and keep going. That mostly works only because they own the media, who reports it works.

they or a family member have delayed medical treatment for a serious illness

In America we delay it. In foreign countries, THEY delay it; see multi-month delays in Canada. Same thing either way: health care takes people and resources. All resources have limits.

While true, this is also true, and voluntary: “US still spends the most on healthcare of any developed nation in the world, while covering fewer people and achieving worse overall health outcomes.” We could easily and instantly drop costs by 50% by firing and retraining all the paperwork/insurers, then drop it another 50% by going after gouging and monopoly in drug and devices, which is legal and long been upheld in the Supreme Court. …Just no one will enforce the law, as always here. If you did that, i.e., cut out illegal and outsize profits and criminal waste, we’d have the 1981 system low enough that ordinary, affordable insurance would cover it, and the problem would be solved. But you’ve noticed since 1990, they don’t WANT it to be solved. They want it to be broken, and made it multiples more broken with every chance and law since then. #Helping! So much helping! Effective, affordable health care isn’t profitable. It’s just utility-money, like 5% returns. And how do your third yacht with that? How do you buy your third Senator?

The world must eradicate pesticide use, prioritise nature-based farming methods and urgently reduce water, light and noise pollution

We absolutely should, and can, but be careful in the transition which would disrupt food supplies. Ultimately, I would not expect yields to drop, but it would require more employed people, higher food prices and more land under cultivation, which would price out all these new subdevelopments. …And Price should be higher, they’ve been suppressed for 50 years. And we WANT people employed, that’s one of our problems right now, we’re just shifting profits FROM Apple and Amazon, TO workers and farmers. Win-Win to me.

Love the Land or Watch It Die (Yates)

The usual city-folk, noble-savage stuff. If you want biodiversity why don’t you knock down that mall in New Jersey? How is their ecosystem different and less important than the western range? Just because you don’t want YOUR WalMart and Macy’s boarded up because near your house, you need them? Well so do the Western people need them. What you’re really saying is, “I want these theoretical benefits, but I want YOU to pay for them, not me. YOU are the baddie when you kill a coyote in Wyoming, but I’m not bad when I pave 1,000 square miles of coyote habitat in Long Island.” Also as a journalist, you didn’t call Wyoming and say, “WHY did you poison them? How many? A few or a lot?” And I can tell you but you can look it up for yourself. The western range is wildly, overwhelmingly, stunningly, amazingly, indisputably more environmental as a haven and a people than anyone from the Atlantic to Cincinnati, yet you make it seem the opposite. More poisons are used on Mar del Lago and Miami and the fields from Scranton to Nebraska than the West, yet the ones who still HAVE wolves, grizzly bears, antelope, elk, AT ALL, are apparently the un-environmental guys, while people from Central Park and Pacific Heights, where nothing remains but skunks and starlings, are somehow the MOST environmental, and we should follow YOUR lead and advice.
    Ah well, #Oppositeland, what can I say?

He is right in this: “Before the Earth can be saved or at least salvaged, a transformation, a metamorphosis, in our social relationships—economic, political, cultural—and in our connection to nature must take place. Only this can alter our understanding of who and what we are.

That’s the point I’m trying to bring up by describing their own blindness and shortcomings. If you live in Newark, make Newark a virgin forest again. If Queens, then in Queens. Atlanta could use more green. Shut down your OWN fertilizer, your OWN WalMart. So fix your OWN back yard and first before you tell other people what to do. …Especially when their back yard IS the wilderness, and yours ISN’T.

Orlov is smug and will be wrong in a way, for it’s no more correct to see all wrong in a people than to see only right. However, we do have serious consequences and challenges ahead and starting right now. The people could hardly be less capable and less prepared. But that’s always how it is.

John Day
    Participant
    Dr. D
    Participant

Health Care: “I’ve noted in 1998 the entire Medicare and Medicaid spend was just over $310 billion. Last year it was $1,576 billion, or 500% of the former amount….the number of old people — over 65 — has risen by 30% during that same time period the cost went up to 500% of its former amount.”
    http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=237813

So the Feds taking this over will solve it? They just quintupled the problem. Meanwhile all cash surgery, lasik, plastic, Oklahoma Surgical, etc, has fallen 80%. None of this can happen without government help and government-enforced monopolies.

Above, smoke hasn’t cleared yet. Soulimeni went to broker a peace that would see Iran boot the U.S. from the region. Okay, well his death that may create that, which I think is what he would have died for voluntarily. We’ll have to see, since everyone is double-crossing everyone, and mistakes are being made (737?) but it doesn’t look that different yet to me.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

A developing story.

Areas of investigation for Ukraine Airlines crash
    By Scott Hamilton, Leeham News, Jan. 8, 2020

Some news reports of the Ukraine Airlines crash yesterday in Tehran linking the event to the Boeing 737 MAX crisis are irresponsible. The Ukraine airplane is a 737-800, a highly reliable aircraft with thousands in service around the world.

Drawing any conclusions about the crash at this stage and under the unique circumstances of open, armed conflict in the region is also irresponsible.

None of the news reports LNA has seen so far indicates possible radio communication from the pilot. The flight and voice recorders apparently have been recovered, but no information has been released of what information these contain. It’s unlikely any information has been downloaded at this point.

https://leehamnews.com/2020/01/08/areas-of-investigation-for-ukraine-airlines-crash/

zerosum
    Participant

Invisible ink

Warning to USA troops: incoming phlegm, tracking dye, and paint balls

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Tulsi Gabbard drops the F-bomb:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1214763380893896704

WES
    Participant

After reading all the above comments, I get it!

The world is going to hell, or the world is already in hell!

Cave men also thought the world was hell too! Fears of sabre tooth tigers comes to mind!

John Day
    Participant

Tulsi actually quoted other Iraq War vets, in aggregate, dropping the F-bomb, so responsibility is diffused, and quite understandable in the context of a bit of PTSD triggering.
    Tulsi’s still my choice.
    I sent her another $50 today, and she’s gonna send me a cool No War With Iran t-shirt.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.