Debt Rattle July 25 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle July 25 2018

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ivan Aivazovsky Lake Maggiore 1892   • Trump Downbeat Ahead Of Trade Talks With EU (R.) • Trump’s $12 Billion Aid For Farmers Risks Unintended Co
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle July 25 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I’m so done. Don’t know if I’ll continue to engage commenting; anywhere; it seems so pointless/useless…
    The world marches on (mostly the murderous U.S. hegemon), oblivous to the wonts/desires of real people across the planet; what’s the fucking point?!
    We come back to the inevitable;
    Koyaanisqatsi;
    (n.) “life out of balance.”
    a state of life that calls for another way of living.
    The great circle, Kharma
    There must be a reckoning…

Oh no VA bud, you ain’t gonna get off that easily

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ilargi
    Mine wasn’t a solicitation; but very much appreciate your reply; to which I do not know what to say.
    For one of the few times in my life; I’m left without words…

I appreciate both your presence and your insight, how’s about that?

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ilargi
    Again, thanks, very nice to know. 🙂

carolsiriusb
    Participant

Oh, V. Arnold – I would so miss you — looking forward to your comments and observations.. and often the repartee with our host, Raul. The two of you raise the level of this blog to an amazing degree. I feel exactly like you do about the lack of hope for our sad world… but please don’t leave us without your comments. Somehow there is something beautiful about finding like-minded souls to share the angst. You are so appreciated.

B from B
    Participant

“But then the tiny Netherlands is the 2nd biggest tomato exporter in the world.”
    Yes, and even more crazy: Belgium is the 2nd biggest banana exporter in the world!
    I don’t see any banana plantation around here! 🙂

We have large seaports (Rotterdam and Antwerp respectively) so we just transfer these goods. For statements about agriculture (“EU agriculture is built on enormous subsidies.”) you might consider to distinguish local production from global trade.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.