Debt Rattle June 5 2014: You Won’t Have Anyone To Blame But Yourself

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 5 2014: You Won’t Have Anyone To Blame But Yourself

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Detroit Publishing Co. Excursion steamers Tashmoo and Idlewild at wharf, Detroit 1901 This is one of those days where I wonder what I’m going to say a
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 5 2014: You Won’t Have Anyone To Blame But Yourself]

Gravity
    Participant

Gravity is a very recursive algorithm.

Raleigh
    Participant

Ilargi – “Mario Draghi and Janet Yellen and Washington and Brussels are not trying to make this world a better or happier place for us, but for their banker friends.” Mario Draghi, an ex-Goldmanite, and the rest of the central bankers/bankers/politicians/multi-national corporations don’t care about us. They’re not coming to save us; no one is. They will do what they want, and that’s what they’ve been doing. It’s all about maintaining their power.

Shades of “1984” where 1-2% of the population made all policy and laws, told the lies, manipulated statistics, rewrote history, spewed propaganda, and basically kept the rest of the populace in the dark. If you stepped out of line, you were simply eliminated.

“The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power.”

I don’t know if it’s total ignorance on the part of the rest of us or, as you say, optimism bias. From the posters I read, it’s: “Screw you. Low interest rates are benefiting me, so I don’t care what they do.” Or, “I’ve been living in my house and not paying my mortgage for five years, so I’m not going to say anything.” Or, “My stock portfolio/house price is going up, so I’m right behind the Fed.” Or many are getting welfare, subsidized housing, free medical, free cellphones. What’s not to like? Of course, they don’t realize that they’ll be coming for them soon.

I agree that there are others who are truly suffering, but I don’t think Yellow (en) is losing any sleep over that. They are psychopathic in their thinking and, if you know about psychopaths — well, good luck with that. They will drag (Draghi – ha!) everyone down with them.

Raleigh
    Participant

Something’s happening here, what it is ain’t exactly clear, there’s a man with QE over there…”

And right behind Door No. 1,000,000 will be Draghi again, but this time buying asset-backed securities. And then it will be China’s turn. She’ll QE (after she removes her mountains – good God, what a bunch of idiots) and do the same thing.

Neil Young was in Buffalo Springfield. Neil, where are you? We need you again. Paul Simon too. Who will tell the story so that the masses will understand?

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

I promised myself I wouldn’t comment again while drinking, but that leaves a such a small time window. So here I am commenting again while drinking! That confession means I have a drinking problem? Nope. That confession means my credibility is in doubt? Nope. Is your credibility in doubt when you drink? Anyway, I have another point to make. If you disagree, resurrect prohibition. Maybe the war on alcohol wasn’t vigorous enough the first time. Go ahead, break a leg. As for me, fuck the institution of government. Fuck it to hell. That written thought should put cops through my front door at 3 am soon enough. Are you listening, NSA? (That was a rhetorical question.)

Among Ilargi’s final thoughts: “Will we really only react when we have nothing left at all? It’s starting to look that way.”

With all due apologies, I’m gonna throw ice water on that one.

When “we” have nothing left at all, the clueless will remain steadfastly clueless. Knowledge takes time to accumulate, and most people neither have the time nor the inclination. When we have nothing left at all, there will be no reaction other that the one we might expect from a two-year-old who lost his nipple. That being, for us ‘adults,’ “Why doesn’t the government do something?”

This species is facing an earthshaking disaster without any conceivable solution. The people who kindly brought you to this point deserve your thanks.

When you find yourselves faced with the opportunity to give thanks, please consider for a moment how you can do that with the greatest possible effect. If that sounds like more than you’re willing to handle, then please just realize. Please just realize the you’re just another two-year-old who lost his nipple.

Think I’m being harsh? You’re about to witness several orders of magnitude worse than harsh. The real world is about to get REALLY fucking real. For a change.

Just the alcohol talking? Hopefully. HOPE, dimwit! (If I’m not talking to you, then don’t take it personally.)

william
    Participant

so I skimmed the article – how much time do we have for reading? I saw this Say’s Law and looked it up – old and interesting.

Now my euro guy is very level headed but recently is talking some pretty strange stuff. Is the EU falling apart at the seems and banking their last straw they are willing to pump any amount to save? He also just recently stated they are considering ending consumer trades of silver. Up to now this guy has been so level headed very conservative but it is sounding like something is going to happen within weeks.

If anyone knows anything email me [email protected]

bluebird
    Participant

Diogenes Shrugged said “When “we” have nothing left at all, the clueless will remain steadfastly clueless. Knowledge takes time to accumulate, and most people neither have the time nor the inclination. When we have nothing left at all, there will be no reaction other that the one we might expect from a two-year-old who lost his nipple. That being, for us ‘adults,’ “Why doesn’t the government do something?” ”

So true! Then they’ll blame everyone for not warning them, But we did, they just wouldn’t listen. 🙁

Raleigh
    Participant

Diogenes – yes, they will be screaming for the government to help them. And you’re right, knowledge does take “time” to accumulate. Before the crisis, before the rise in prices, about all I knew was how to stay out of debt and the concept of supply/demand. I was probably less trusting than most people about their government, but I had NO IDEA – none – that they were as much in bed with bankers/corporations as they are. That has come as somewhat of a shock.

Plus, the language of economics is like law, made so the average person can’t understand what the hell is going on (purposely so) without really wrapping his mind around it, and that is something most people don’t have the time to do. I mean, so much has gone down, so much fraud and corruption (which continues) – where do most people start? If you don’t really understand what’s happened, you’re a sicking duck for a politician to say, “Well, it was just one of those things, people got too greedy. It’ll all work out. But I’ve got your vote the next time, right? End of story.”

No system should ever be as hard to understand as this one is. If it gets too hard to understand, it should be ended and brought back down to a simpler system. Chaotic systems only serve the foxes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.