Debt Rattle Mar 14 2014: Out On The Helpless Weekend

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Mar 14 2014: Out On The Helpless Weekend

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange Sleeping gypsy in El Paso, Texas, waiting for streetcar to Mexico June 1938 So what are we going to do over the weekend? For many of us
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Mar 14 2014: Out On The Helpless Weekend]

Hi Ilargi

the last article “Ocean Life Captures CO2 And Detains It In Biological Material (IB Times) ”
    above contains (also above)

Based on the study’s results, the researchers predicted a mean global carbon export flux of 6 petagrams, or Pg, each year. One petagram is equal to 1,015 grams (2.3 pounds). According to scientists, this is a huge amount,

It’s been proofread by a scientific illiterate. What is journalism coming to!

By their reckoning I weigh 80 Pg which is around 14 times the mean global carbon flux!

Carbon

That’s hilarious, carb.

Edited it: [ Ed: The current global carbon export flux caused by sinking particles in oceans stands at 6 petagrams per year. A petagram is a quadrillion grams, or about 1.1 billion US tons. Annual global carbon emissions from fossil fuels stands at about 9 petagrams. ]

Or is it: One petagram means 10 to the fifteenth power, i.e. 6 petagrams is equal to 6 billion tons.

Glennjeff
    Participant

There is an astrological storm front moving through this world in April, reaching a climax in the third week of April.

Technically it is called a Mars Jupiter Pluto Uranus Grand Cross.
    It is the most stress and strain riddled astrological significator that I have observed.

It is rather unlikely that it will not coincide with many manifestations in the human realm of experience.

General indicators 1:
    Dangers in foreign countries, dangers from foreign wars.
    Power struggles involving political and military matters.
    Attempts to dominate or control others backfire.

Specifically:
    Given the temporal proximity to the Ukraine clusterfunk, rapid escalation would seem reasonable.

General Indicators 2:
    Unstable get rich quick schemes blow up.
    Unexpected financial loss in joint finances and corporate business.
    Conflicts in the financial affairs of groups and orgasnisations.

Specifically:

Given that a wave of defaults in the Chinese financial system is expected in the next couple of months, and given the generally unstable condition of the global fiat ponzi, it would seem probable that a major world financial event could occur in April

General Indicators 3:
    The desire to overthrow existing power structures, coupled with the tendancy to rash and impulsive actions and outbursts of temper could lead to violent mobs and crowds, even revolution.

General Indicators 4:
    Natural Disasters.

General Indicators 5:
    Seperations and breakdowns in relations.

The astute observer may note that most of this has already begun:)

Glennjeff
    Participant

Correct Ilargi

Pentagram = 10 raised to the fifteenth power.

It’s also a five pointed star that you draw in the air with a large steel sword. I wasn’t going to mention it but such magical practices are ill advised under this current Grand Cross 🙂

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Yassir,

there is definitely something in the air this weekend. Petagrams, pentagrams. Think I’ll stick with plantagrams. Least I can eat the end product.

Things in the air, for sure, a lot of Jet-A being consumed by the Warmist DoD and POTUS at the Airshow at the Marine base this weekend. Must be CO2 Exempt? With AlGorrythemic CC paid protection. Good for the garden, too.

https://www.hydroponics.net/mc/32

rapier
    Participant

The financial world absolutely does not need this trouble. My admittedly crackpot analysis has always centered on the transfer of sovereignty and power to corporations and away from governments/nations. All done through the partnership with democratic governments via the shared interests of the players within governments and the triumph of neo liberalism.

Still there are frictions. Forces and power within governments always have a contingent that draws on nationalism/militarism and what I call Grand Global Strategic thinking.To the extent this generates a lot of business for corporations then they are good with it but when it goes to real conflict then they get sad. JPM may have been happy to help ‘privatize’ Ukraine but they don’t want some big fight to get the opportunity.

There are of course many ways to make a narrative about these events but I think this one may be useful.

Glennjeff
    Participant
    rapier
    Participant

Oh oh, now NASA is getting in on the act. Nasa-funded study: industrial civilization headed for ‘irreversible collapse’? says the headline.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/mar/14/nasa-civilisation-irreversible-collapse-study-scientists

It goes on to mention resource depletion, not oil specifically. but seems to concentrate on wealth distribution. Laying out a sociological narrative of why major empires collapsed in the past. That being elites insulate themselves from the problems until it’s too late. Sounds about right for history and now too. Then the obligatory but

“The two key solutions are to reduce economic inequality so as to ensure fairer distribution of resources, and to dramatically reduce resource consumption by relying on less intensive renewable resources and reducing population growth’

As if.Setting aside the politically impossible first part the second part is a sort of definition of collapse in itself. Functionally for most people it would be collapse.

Hi Rapier

If ever I try to explain to anyone that growth has to stop (and ideally go into reverse) and wealth gap acceleration has to stop (and ideally go into reverse) to avoid collapse, they look at me like I’m crazy, yet it all makes sense, clear mathematical sense.

Charming psychopaths like Boris Johnson say otherwise, and the frame of reference, the space for “reasonable” debate moves further away from sustainability.

Look at what this tit says for goodness sake (and don’t nomally use ad hominems, Boris!)

https://newint.org/blog/2013/12/02/boris-johnson-elite/

He’s a prize a-hole isn’t he, like Thatcher was!

What I object to is the idea that the only way that somebody of high IQ can contribute to society is by gaining power and using it to concentrate wealth for themselves. The complete reverse is true. I guess I have a higher IQ than Boris and his friends, or maybe I’m just nicer. Would not be hard!

Carbon

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.