Debt Rattle March 4 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 4 2017

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DPC Pine Street below Kearney after the great San Francisco earthquake and fire 1906   • Yellen Points To March Rate Hike As Fed Signals End Of E
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 4 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The insanity of U.S. policy is gut wrenching in its effects on immigrants and undocumented aliens.
    It’s difficult to see differences between the EU and the U.S., both degenerating into chaos and cruelty.
    Kudos to Kunstler once again; nailed it.

Chris M
    Participant

I’m appreciative of Kunstler’s comments about medicine in the United States. He brings up a good point about the preventative side of medicine. I’ve been a promoter that good health starts at the farm. Healthy soils. Healthy plants. Healthy livestock. Healthy people. I’ve also been heard saying that clean, nutrient-dense food should be your medicine. It’s really sad how sometimes you know more about nutrition than the doctor you might see on any given day.

Concerning immigration… I think of a border like the front door of your home. Even though a person might be frantically pounding on that door to get in, I imagine you’d still vet why the person wants to come in so desperately, lest it be some kind of ruse that endangers your family inside. Love protects. Wisdom is always in order in those situations.

If you consider the border between the United States and Mexico, for example, I always ask why so many people want to leave that country and come here. What’s wrong with Mexico? I’m sure we might have many answers for that, but I’m often reminded of what Ross Perot talked about when he ran for president. He spoke about how NAFTA wasn’t really going to help Mexico. If you allow companies to go there to exploit labor, how was that going to help them? Was that going to bring up their standard of living to ours? Did the flow of people across the border stop after it was implemented?

This is a similar kind of thing Tulsi Gabbard is talking about in her proclamations. Bless her message. Maybe I’m a poor prognosticator, but I see the United States setting up shop in ISIS land, to create a wedge between Shia Syria and Shia Iran. You can already witness the recruiting of the Sunni Arabian states to make that happen (not much recruiting needed I suppose). Israel looks pretty happy about it too. Oh…that might put a damper on that Shia Iranian pipeline across Syria to Europe. Insert Sunni pipeline from the Arabian peninsula??

Dangerous times.

Will F.
    Participant

Unwanted immigration, whether it is in Europe or the U.S. is going to be a divisive issue for certain but throughout history the cases of allowing a soft heart to make security decisions have always wound up with the home country destabilized and changed forever. Although some cases of change are not all bad, you don’t increase the prosperity of a nation by allowing people with no useful skills and no desire to adopt the culture of their new homeland come in and get freebies that the citizens have to pay for out of their own labor. I do not wish to see families torn apart and I know the poverty of Mexico is nearly unbearable but allowing them to bring their poverty over here and giving them free housing, food and low paying unreported jobs does nothing to prevent the downward spiral of living conditions and wages we are already experiencing. Healthy societies are based upon the foundation that everyone contributes something. Robbing from the workers with the power of the governments to give to those who will not or cannot work legally will turn the feelings of anger toward not only the government but the immigrants who came here on the promises of politicians that only use them to destroy societies or gain power through taxing the workers to give to the new voters, no matter their legal ability to vote.

Anger of the voters was demonstrated by the election of Trump. Despite all of his negative traits, he understands the premise of a strong border and a lawful society. It will not take much for that anger to transfer over into the streets if the Democrat party and all their useful minions push too hard. Once that happens, as they say, it is all downhill from there. One need look no farther than our history books to see that Civil Disobedience can quickly become Civil War when the have’s get tired of the have-not’s trying to steal; either directly, or through their elected stooges.

For those that wish for a Civil War to start, I advise you that there is nothing “Civil” about War. Genocide is usually the result and at least in the U.S. the citizens still possess the armament to overthrow the immigrants and the politicians who pander to them, no matter how many gang members you recruit because those who have families to defend and support will fight much harder than those who are merely looking for a free handout or to destroy that which they have not earned.

Unfortunately, the citizens of European countries long ago gave up their ability to determine whether they fight back against a corrupt government, beating their weapons into plowshares, then selling or giving those away to have the easy life of living like a wage slave serf.

Nassim
    Participant

No matter how one looks at the immigration business – because it is a business – one must acknowledge that the way people in the recipient countries look at these immigrants has changed enormously over recent years. The trend has definitely changed and we are going back to a world with stiff border controls everywhere – not just the USA.

In due course, we will be getting custom inspections and taxes on imported products. Bad news for Amazon, eBay etc. In Australia, it is currently tax-free to receive stuff worth under A$1000 per parcel. That is about to change.

$1000 GST-Free Threshold Abolished: Overseas Online Shopping To Become 10% More Expensive

I remember when there was a £50 limit on what Brits could spend while travelling abroad – £50 per year. Fashions change.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.