Debt Rattle May 10 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle May 10 2020

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Andre Derain The port of Collioure 1905   • Closing Borders Is The Most Effective Way Of Combatting Coronavirus (SN) • Accepting Death Is Not an
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle May 10 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Andre Derain The port of Collioure 1905

What a wonderful painting; sailing vessels; my favorite…

Yevgeny Khaldei – 75 years ago the Soviet banner was raised over the Reichstag. 11 million Soviet soldiers died in WW2 and three-quarters of German losses were suffered at the hands of the Red Army – May 2 1945

…and once again, that splendid/awesome picture of the real WWII victors at the Reichstag…

zerosum
    Participant

Dodge ball – zerosum

When you are a recognized guru, (famous), then you must use more words to describe a complex system.

Hummm!

If you are a nonimbecile Libertarian, or localist, you want collective action to arise bottom up in a decentralized way.
    This is EXACTLY what is happening!
    Responses are largely local abt everywhere.- Nassim Nicholas Taleb
    —–
    Here is a local action.
    Happy Mother Day!

anticlimactic
    Participant

WWII & RUSSIA

There seems to be a general move to write out the importance of Russia’s importance in the defeat of Hitler.

Holocaust deniers are [rightly] criticised for their views, but denying the importance of Russia is exactly the same!

Maxwell Quest
    Participant

“Obama Says That ‘Rule Of Law Is At Risk’ In Michael Flynn Case (Y!)”

So what? I’d much rather listen to my neighbor ramble on about how bad the weeds are this year than anything Barry has to say. This first has some value, whereas the second is a complete waste of time.

Like many others I bought into his ‘Hope & Change’ sloganeering, but was jolted out of that illusion when he let the mortgage bankers off scott-free immediately after assuming office. No, it was worse than that, they were essentially rewarded for their fraud and criminality with additional wealth and power. But don’t get me started on that, because it ushered in a new era of unbelievable theft that is now encapsulated in today’s free-running and unaccountable Fed policies.

Obama’s administration went downhill from there, terminating with the Oval Office acting as the control center in an attempt to destroy the political opposition’s campaign. No, I don’t care what he says. He’s a social-climbing sellout, who once upon a time was given the chance to make a real difference in the world and wasted it on himself.

anticlimactic
    Participant

PERSPECTIVE

In the Winter of 2014/15 [in the UK] there was a severe form of the common flu.

40,000 people died.

As with C19 it was mostly the elderly with other health issues.

I don’t remember any fear, panic or lockdowns!

WEIRD

I was wondering about my own risk and wanted figures on age of death and contributary health issues.

Nope!

The only figures I could find for the UK were when the number of deaths was 1,132, nothing more recent. Another set of figures was based on Chinese data from Feb 11th!

From that original UK article:

Age Deaths per million IN THAT AGE GROUP [March?]
    Group
    UK BELGIUM FRANCE
    80+ 219 512 232
    60-79 28 100 44
    40-59 19 15 9
    20-39 5 1 1
    0-19 0 0 0

Similarly the average age of death. The only figures I have seen are from articles I read and are Italy [78] and Germany [82]. This is why I think of the average age of death as being 80.

Kimo
    Participant

Busy weekend.
    Study finds hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin plus zinc vs hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin alone improves outcomes in hospitalized COVID-19 patients
    It’s worth noting that “Out of an audience of 65,000 chronic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis patients who systematically take hydroxychloroquine, only 20 patients tested positive for the virus.”
    WHO indictment:

This complicity of the WHO in the Chinese cover-up of the coronavirus pandemic is the tip of the iceberg concerning an increasing lack of oversight of China’s human rights practices at international organizations. Just last month, China was appointed to a seat on the Consultative Group of the United Nations Human Rights Council, tasked with appointing independent human rights experts. It is outrageous that a country inflicting a campaign of cultural genocide against its ethnic and religious minorities, such as the incarceration of over 1 million Uighur Muslims, should be given any responsibility to oversee human rights practices. It is an institutional oxymoron.

Bizarre: 2003 Dead Zone – Plague, amateur scientist saves town from Chinese virus with Chlorquin[sp]
    Finally, Flynn ducks line up behind Obama:

This stunning operation was not just a typical battle between political foes, nor merely an example of media bias against political enemies. Instead, this entire operation was a deliberate and direct attack on the foundation of American governance. In light of the newly declassified documents released in recent days, it is clear that understanding what happened in that January 5 Oval Office meeting is essential to understanding the full scope and breadth of the corrupt operation against the Trump administration.

VietnamVet
    Participant

Good. The “End Coronavirus.org” graph is now clear. The four, neoliberal infested, failed nations, USA, UK, Canada and Sweden are identified in the center in red. Their governments have no desire to contain the Wuhan coronavirus because they are no longer democracies. The excess deaths are of no concern to their ruling class. They refuse to spend the money to hire contact tracers, provide universal testing and quarantine the infected in safe secure facilities.

The cure is clear but difficult. Discard the aristocracy. Restore government by and for the people. Halt the pandemic, then, rebuild the nations. Serve the people!

Doc Robinson
    Participant

“In the Winter of 2014/15 [in the UK] there was a severe form of the common flu. 40,000 people died.”

That sounded interesting, so I looked it up. The 40,000+ deaths figure is not the number of flu deaths, and it’s not the excess mortality compared to previous years, it’s actually the “excess winter mortality, the difference between the average number of deaths over the winter [December through March] and the rest of the year [the non-winter months]”.

“In common with other countries, in England and Wales more people die in the winter than in the summer… There were an estimated 43,900 excess winter deaths (EWDs) in England and Wales in 2014/15, representing 27% more deaths in the winter period, compared with the non-winter period… Respiratory diseases were the underlying cause of death in more than a third [not 100%] of all excess winter deaths in 2014/15.”

To look at excess deaths during a flu season, or an epidemic or pandemic, the number of deaths should be compared to what is “normal” for that time of year (e.g. the 5-year average).

For 2014/2015:
    “Daily deaths peaked on 1 January 2015, 35% higher than the five-year average

For 2019/2020:
    Weekly deaths are now about 100% higher than the five-year average

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/highestnumberofexcesswinterdeathssince19992000/2015-11-25.

The full report:
    https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160105170926/http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/subnational-health2/excess-winter-mortality-in-england-and-wales/2014-15–provisional–and-2013-14–final-/stb-ewm.html

Doc Robinson
    Participant

@anticlimactic, this latest data from New York City might be helpful.

NYC COVID-19 Deaths Among Confirmed Cases

Age Group
    0 to 17 — nearly 0%
    18 to 44 — 4%
    45 to 64 — 22%
    65 to 74 — 25%
    75 and over — 49%

(75% had known underlying conditions.)

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-19-daily-data-summary-deaths-05102020-1.pdf

V. Arnold
    Participant

I just woke up and the world didn’t get any better over-night.
    CV-19 is proving to be the coup de grâce for democracies (US) and their societies…

zerosum
    Participant

Venezuela Seizes Abandoned Colombian Military Boats, Weapons (Photos)

VENEZUELA SEIZES ABANDONED COLOMBIAN MILITARY BOATS, WEAPONS (PHOTOS)

V.Arnold: It will take me about five minutes to get there tomorrow morning when I awaken, but I will feel the same. The world is not getting better. Nothing makes sense and it doesn’t seem like any one wants it to make sense.
    Some of us are getting sick and dying, so most of us have been sent to our rooms by Someone.
    And we went. AND WE WENT.
    And there will be no reprieve until we stop getting sick and dying.

V. Arnold
    Participant

And there will be no reprieve until we stop getting sick and dying.

Our illness is one of spirit/soul…
    We’re the walking dead; and, as mortals, physical death is sure to follow; it will be barely noticed…

…so most of us have been sent to our rooms by Someone.
    And we went. AND WE WENT.

Some few did not; some very few…

WES
    Participant

Give Canada a week and a few more days and we should surpass China’s crooked numbers!

Ontario says they are bending the curve but I can’t see a dog’s crooked hind leg anywhere!

Still waiting for my unwelcome guest, polar vortex, to leave! I do not consider snowflakes to be pretty!

Nothing to do, and all day to do it

WES
    Participant

I hope Obama is a good sport about it, if “his law” is applied to him.

V. Arnold: Yes.

V. Arnold
    Participant

my parents said know

I like your ID very much…
    I don’t recall hearing my parents say No nearly as often as Know; we had 3 sets of encyclopedias and a couple of dictionaries.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.