Debt Rattle September 1 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 1 2020

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Rembrandt van Rijn Head of a Bearded Man c1630   • Trump’s America (Newsweek) • Chris Cillizza Blasts President Trump For Using The Word “Riots”
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 1 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Rembrandt van Rijn Head of a Bearded Man c1630

…and there it is in all its post card sized glory… 😉

V. Arnold
    Participant

…oh wow, just stepped out and see there are 40 or 50 bats in the air hunting, its just 18:45; right behind our home.
    About 5 acres of undeveloped land gone wild…
    Joy, oh joy………….

I’ve never seen it verified, but I once read that one third of all mammals on earth are bats.

John Day
    Participant

https://www.johndayblog.com/2020/09/setting-things-straight.html
    First: Corrections on Kyle Rittenhouse story, with thanks to veteran co-oppers Marjorie and Kelso:
    There was one armed man that Kyle allegedly shot, the last, not the first, and that was the man wounded in his right arm.
    The police complaint is here: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/journaltimes.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/4/6f/46ff33b7-0bd7-55e6-8f2f-9ded0582862f/5f4933274cde9.pdf.pdf
    It is a clear presentation of the allegations, and is better compiled than news stories I’ve seen.
    It seems certain that Kyle Rittenhouse was a minor in illegal possession of a firearm. It seems clear that he was out after curfew.
    The narrative of the reporting officer is well detailed, and includes evidence of videos, cell phone conversation, and reporter McGinnis, who was walking with Rittenhouse after an initial interview.
    As they walked, people in the crowd recognized Rittenhouse from earlier in the night, when he was in a defensive position at a mechanic’s shop, opposing their advance to the shop. The crowd called out to each other about him, coalesced and began to follow Rittenhouse.
    Rittenhouse first tried to flee the crowd, but was followed, then chased by the crowd.
    It appeared to the witness, McGinnis, that Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum as Rosenbaum lunged in an attempt to grab the gun.
    Rittenhouse then resumed his flight from the crowd as McGinnis, the reporter, tried to render first aid to the dying Rosenbaum.
    The crowd continued to chase Rittenhouse, calling out encouragement to each other to get him.
    One of the men punched him in the head, knocking off his hat.
    Later in his flight, he fell to the ground. A man rushed to jump at him, jumped over him and Rittenhose fired 2 shots, missing him. That man left. Anthony Huber ran up to Rittenhouse, who was lying on his back, armed.
    Huber tried to disarm Rittenhouse and hit him with a skateboard. It seems that Huber’s grab of the barrel of the rifle aimed it at himself, and Rittenhouse pulled the trigger as that happened, killing Huber immediately.
    Rittenhouse assumed a seated position and was approached further by Gaige Grosskreutz, who held a handgun in his right hand. Rittenhouse shot Grosskreutz in the right arm, and Grosskreutz left.
    Rittenhouse then rose and walked backward, facing the crowd, with the rifle held in ready position.

Not included in the report, but reported elsewhere, and consistently, is that when Rittenhouse approached the police vehicles, responding to reports of shootings, he raised his hands, and walked and ran towards them. He was told to keep moving.

How did 17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse have an AR-15, which was not his property, that night?
    “A friend lent it to him.” I think there is a lot more to that story. It may have been the friend who had let Kle pose with it a year or so before.

How Did Kyle Rittenhouse Have an AR-15 at 17 Years Old?

Thanks Colleen, I appreciate this video of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. speaking in Berlin last week, about the gap in US legal protections that completely exempts vaccine manufacturers from studying or proving vaccine safety in any way. They enjoy a complete, blanket freedom from any legal liability, which Congress granted to them in the 1980s.
    Kennedy also points out that never in history has power, once obtained by rulers, not been abused. The same holds true in any context. Kennedy makes the case that the liability-free status for 34 years has been an invitation to harmful actions, for profit, without any deterrence. Special above-the-law status has been part of what, in his expert opinion, makes the pharmaceutical lobby more powerful than the military or oil lobbies. Kennedy also points out the new and unprecedented power big pharma has just obtained, due to fear of global pandemic.
    Please see minutes 2 to 19. This is outstanding, and worthy of his father, Robert and his uncle, John.
    I sent a donation to Children’s Health Defense.
    Robert Kennedy Jr. is Pro-Safe-Vaccines.

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. Holds a Press Conference in Berlin After Launching CHD’s Europe Chapter

Alistair Crooke writes about the fork in the road, of two paths, not Republican or Democrat, by the way. That’s just one path. Thanks Eleni.
    ​ ​One of them, is the path that only the initiate (who now, is ‘aware’) is able to follow: that leads to Life – real life. The other is the path to forgetfulness – of a descent towards sleep and ultimately to torpor, as one of the ‘walking dead’.
    ​ ​Knowledge about these paths customarily was maintained as a mystery. The details were hidden in the riddles of initiation. But these latter were all intended to hint to initiates at a reality very different from the one they took for granted. And the clue to ‘that’ at which the ancients were hinting, lies with a path leading to life, rather than one compelling us to hunt after some illusory ‘realness’ – whether it is the compelling myth of endless, debt-led prosperity, or some Orwellian universal techno-future. Both artifice are powerful, in their own way.
    ​ ​It is not however a matter of which artifice is more, or less close, to real, than any other. The point is: you cannot approach, cannot get to, the real in this way. It is no ‘path’. These are just two illusions; two illusory ‘reals’, amongst many. There is no Schwabian – ‘ready or not’, ‘new world’ about to descend upon us. Just, maybe a different way of being human, amidst digital tools.
    ​ ​The ‘other path’ – a path less mentioned – is a return to simplicity. And to finding an inner ‘sovereignty’

The Fork in the Road

zerosum
    Participant

Paths

You see paths.
    Experts who have studied motivation and motivators agree that you do not have the freedom to chose one of many paths.
    Paths are an illusion.

Fear guides your choice of paths.
    ( This is what I have been taught. This is not my opinion.
    My knowing does not change the actions of others who can manipulate our social/economic/political structures with fear
    Wealth does not release you from fear.
    Poverty is an anchor to reality)

zerosum
    Participant

Don’t tell the cleaners, waste collectors, diaper changers etc. They might fear/stop cleaning and collecting the garbage for us.
    • Coronavirus May Survive On Outdoor Surfaces For Longer In Autumn (SCMP)

Mr. House
    Participant

Coronavirus makes me think of this:

“Oh, I am heartily tired of hearing about what Lee is going to do. Some of you always seem to think he is suddenly going to turn a double somersault, and land in our rear and on both of our flanks at the same time. Go back to your command, and try to think what we are going to do ourselves, instead of what Lee is going to do.”

Susmarie108
    Participant

“Neither the Democratic party nor the Republican party survives a defeat this November in anything close to their current form. I think several people are starting to think about that. But here’s what’s also true: Neither the Democratic party nor the Republican party survives a victory this November. And no one is thinking about that.”

Agree. And when Trump is reelected and the Dems control Congress by taking the Senate and keeping the House – then neither party survives the loss or the victory, both parties implode?

“Trump breaks us by turning every one of our domestic political games from a coordination game – where cooperation in the national interest is at least possible – into a pure competition game where that potential cooperation is impossible.”

There is a nugget here. The cooperation vs competition Way of approaching everything is likely the root cause of all of our division/conflicts. Maybe some day more of us will realize that cooperation is WINNING.

@JohnDay: thanks. Someone put Kyle in this compromising situation. Who? And to whose benefit?

The Rembrandt is stunning. The face of a life lived. The brush strokes and highlighting on the forehead contrasted by the deep darkened eyes pull me inside this man’s heart for a glimpse beyond the body. Who he is and his story do not matter as we realize – we are that.

Dr. D
    Participant

Day: that is the unfolding of the events as I understand them. For a special turn, that appears to be the reporting of the NY Times as well.

This neither incriminates nor exonerates anyone, but you can only start from this point. Why did this happen? Why was he there? Well, he worked in town, was there to clean graffiti, did so on camera, and on camera is recording saying he was providing medic to any one, friend or foe. So how did that happen?
    Well, there were protests. Okay, so why do kids feel the need to come out and defend their town with arms? Why do they think anyone would be hurt on a another night of “peaceful protests”? Because of 93 days of non-stop rioting. In which 30 people were killed. In which police in quite a variety of cities did nothing, or in the case of several, captured then released any violent person they found, or any crime, past, present or future they committed. In which a prominent Presidential candidate and his vice president tweeted last month to post the 6-figure bail to release quite a number of violent felons and sexual criminals. In fact, all three men shot in Kenosha were also felons and sex criminals. Where do they find them.

Is that a job for children? Shouldn’t that be a job for armed security? No. It is the job for the police. Which they are ordered not to do. On purpose. It is only when all other men from 80 to 18 stand down and cower, all Presidents, Governors, Mayors, abdicate all duty and stand down, only when violence comes to your workplace and chases you down the street, that it becomes the job of a child. To do what we won’t. Enforce the law. Indict and prosecute criminals, and not only the violent ones. That we want #Logos. Rules. Order. And with it, safety, property, prosperity. Only when we are safe, not just clothed, fed, in an un-burned, intact house, not peering out the gun-slots, can we and our loved ones be happy.
    Or you can go the other way, as many are. Property is theft. Saving your own life is murder. Why did your face get in the way of my fist? How dare you.

I’m sorry we have police, but until WE get better, more enlightened, better behaved, we will, and the first square foot that doesn’t have them will be first foot of hell, just as we saw in the enlightened CHAZ. The measure each of us cower and slack to our responsibilities will be the measure of hell inflicted on us. Not from THEM. Not THEIR job. Not THEIR actions. US. OUR actions. OUR morals. OUR job. Which is why by our very 1st Federal law, based on Natural Law, we are given the right for the TOOLS to the job. We are allowed to not die.

That goes with elections. THEY are not going to help you. They can’t help themselves right now. THEY aren’t going to save you. YOU are. You’re going to re-localize as they become some chattering tyrant that can never come down to where you are. So you know what they say about coming to the fork in the road: take it. There is choice. It does matter. But it matters more how you act on the road that you find yourself than which road you prefer.

thomasjkenney
    Participant

6% of people died from covid19 while having no KNOWN comorbidities. 94% died from covid19 IN CONJUNCTION WITH extant comborbidities.

That means, if they hadn’t caught covid19, they wouldn’t have died.

Meaning THEY DIED FROM COVID.

This shit is why we need data ethics standards

— Damien P. Williams, MA, MSc, Tired. (@Wolven) August 30, 2020

Bullshit! What it means is that they would have died if they had caught any other serious germ…of which there are MILLIONS! C19 IS NOT THE ONLY GERM IN THE ROOM!!!!!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Paths

You see paths.
    Experts who have studied motivation and motivators agree that you do not have the freedom to chose one of many paths.
    Paths are an illusion.

Unless I am missing something: I disagree…
    I have enjoyed many “paths” in my long life. None of which were fear based.
    All were based on curiosity and adventure…not fear…

zerosum
    Participant

V. Arnold

“paths”
    I agree with you. As an individual, we are different.
    Doing something new is too scary for most people.
    For the majority, fear is the biggest motivator.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Doing something new is too scary for most people.
    For the majority, fear is the biggest motivator.

How sad is that…
    But, you are correct…unfortunately…

VietnamVet
    Participant

ZeroHedge: “In Unprecedented Move, CDC Halts Most Rental Evictions Until End Of 2020”.

This highlights the failure of the US federal government, to date, to control the coronavirus pandemic and the economic depression. The three shooting deaths involving private militias (right and left) is the edge of the cliff. If tens of millions of Americans are evicted from their homes just before winter, the free fall of America into chaos is certain.

Neither political party promise to restore the public health system which is required to fight the pandemic but instead will continue wealth extraction with the ineffective for-profit system. Likewise, until Americans have money in the pockets and can go out in public freely, the US economy will not recover. If hope, life, democracy and the rule of law are not restored in the next year, a descent into chaos is assured. If the ruling class, in an effort to keep their wealth, resort to surveillance, disappearing, torture and sexual abuse of Americans, the States will break apart.

zerosum
    Participant

I do a lot of reading.
    The number of bloggers who don’t like what has happened and what they think is going to happen are increasing all the time. Trillions of dollars have been spent.
    Fear is in the air. Fear is so painful that more and more people are escaping by overdosing on opioids.
    Fear is in the air.

Imagine an impossible alternate universe.
    If C19 had been treated just like an ordinary cold flue.
    (No layoffs, No lock downs,
    The increased mortality accepted as normal.
    Trillions of dollars would not have been spent.

Would fear be gone?
    Would everything be better?)

V. Arnold
    Participant

Imagine an impossible alternate universe.
    If C19 had been treated just like an ordinary cold flue.
    (No layoffs, No lock downs,
    The increased mortality accepted as normal.
    Trillions of dollars would not have been spent.

Would fear be gone?
    Would everything be better?)

Rhetorical question; persuant to our previous comments; fear isn’t just in the air, but rather, embedded firmly in our day to day existance/reality. Put there by bad people who only seek power over us; by any means possible.
    IMO, it takes an extremely strong individual to both understand fear, and also to build the inner fortitude necessary to conquer their inner fears.
    It ain’t easy or fun, and there can be no personal freedom without that work…
    …but then “freedom” is a whole other issue to boot…

DarkMatter
    Participant

6% of people died from covid19 while having no KNOWN comorbidities. 94% died from covid19 IN CONJUNCTION WITH extant comborbidities.

That means, if they hadn’t had comorbidities, they wouldn’t have died.

Meaning THEY DIED FROM COMORBIDITIES.

Of course neither this nor the original is the whole truth. This why we need logical ethics standards.

V. Arnold
    Participant

This why we need logical ethics standards.

Last I checked, that was out of stock and unavailable…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.