Debt Rattle September 14 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 14 2019

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Kazimir Malevich Spotrsmeny 1931   • Julian Assange To Stay In Prison Over Absconding Fears (BBC) • Hopes Of Clean Break With EU Are Nonsense: Ex
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 14 2019]

From Assange’s court case yesterday:

Assange was asked if he understood what was happening. He replied: “Not really. I’m sure the lawyers will explain it.”

I don’t understand why he could or should have requested bail if he was going to walk free on Sep 22. Bail for what?

Charles Alban
    Participant

yeah…bail for what? and so what if he’s at risk of “absconding”. that’s his right if he’s released from jail. and what is this history of “absconding” anyway? seeking asylum from justified fears of persecution? the UK justice system is anything but.

if the “bail” is against the extradition case, why did his lawyers not request it, then forfeit it and get him to Russia or somewhere safe?

zerosum
    Participant

Do you believe that anyone who can read and write, can finance, make, setup and operate 10 drones filled with explosives?

Why are consultants sent with high tech equipment to train the buyers?

If you want to keep a secret, what is the maximum number of people who can know that secret?

I believe the Houthis are capable of a drone attack like this. They’ve been studying this for years. But that doesn’t mean they did it. Doubling global oil prices right before the Saudi Aramco IPO is just too tempting.

But yeah, fill ‘er up today. Prices of up to $100, from $60 on Friday, are being forecast. Better still of course is to not drive and save money that way.

Apart from oil, this is the biggest story today by a mile. Putin tells Netanyahu he’ll shoot down his jets if he dares attack certain part of Syria. Netanyahu flew to Moscow in the middle of his election campaign to ask permission, Putin said no way.

Why the biggest story? Because the US under Trump has been supporting Israel unconditionally. And now Putin says no, we’ll shoot you out of the sky. Will we see this even in the anti-Trump press? I doubt it.

Israeli Attacks On Syria Halted After Russia Threatened To Shoot Down Jets?

zerosum
    Participant

Does something that happens on the other side of the world affect my life?
    I think that those who can raise the price of gas …. just to make a bigger profit will do so.

Of course, its going to hurt.

John Day
    Participant

Both Trump and Putin have more leverage with Netanyahu as he faces re-election vs prison term.
    Third try at posting again… Shortest possible.
    http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/09/talk-is-cheap.html

John Day
    Participant

5th try: Really look at what Trump said about the World Trade center on the afternoon of 911/01
    On the afternoon of 9/11/01, Real Estate Developer, Donald Trump was interviewed by Channel 9 in New York City:
    Channel 9: “There is a great deal of questions about whether or not the damage and the ultimate destruction of the buildings was caused by the airplanes, by architectural defect or possibly by bombs, or after-shocks. Do you have any thoughts on that?”
    Donald Trump: “It wasn’t architectural defect. The World Trade Center was always known as a very, very strong building. Don’t forget that it took a big bomb in the basement [in 1993]. Now the basement is the most vulnerable place, because that is your foundation and it withstood that. And I got to see that area about 3 or 4 days after it took place, because one of my structural engineers actually took me for a tour because he did the building. And I said ‘I can’t believe it’. The building was standing solid and half of the columns were blown out. This was an unbelievably powerful building if you know anything about structure. It was one of the first buildings that was built from the outside. The steel, the reason the WTC had such narrow windows is that in between all the windows you had steel on the outside of the building. That’s why when I first looked at it you had big, heavy I-beams. When I first looked at it I couldn’t believe it because there was a hole in the steel. And this was steel that was … you remember the width of the windows of the World Trade Center, folks, I think that you know, if you were ever up there, they were quite narrow and in between was this heavy steel. I said: How could a plane, even a 767 or 747 or whatever it might have been, how could it possibly go through the steel? I happen to think that they had not only a plane, but they had bombs that exploded almost simultaneously. [italics mine]. Because I just can’t imagine anything being able to go through that wall. Most buildings are built with the steel on the inside around the elevator shafts. This one was built from the outside, which is the strongest structure you can have. And it was almost just like a can of soup.”
    Channel 9: “You know…we were looking at pictures all morning long of that plane coming into Building #2. And when you see that approach the far side, then all of a sudden within another millisecond the explosion pops out the other side.”
    Donald Trump: “Right. I just think that there was a plane with more than jet fuel.”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.