Diplomacy Is In Short Supply

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Diplomacy Is In Short Supply

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Ivan Aivazovsky Sea channel with lighthouse 1873     I suggest we have three “pairings” of people. In Russia, there’s Foreign Minister Serge
    [See the full post at: Diplomacy Is In Short Supply]

kultsommer
    Participant

Nothing is turning the way the US wanted. Impotent anger is turned on it’s own citizens.
    Let the Game start.
    World Cup, that is.
    J Lo, an old prune in the tight green dress performing on the world stage of an opening ceremony instead in some back alley venue at home – type of an “export” that US is never tired of.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

Here’s NATOstan diplomacy for you: the NATOstan puppet regime forces (or maybe actual NATOstan operatives) have renewed attacks on the Energodan nuclear power plant, with the intention of causing the release of nuclear radiation from the spent fuel storage facility, in the hope of forcing Russia to abandon the immediate vicinity.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

You may envy me at will: Goodwill granted me a lovingly worn hardbound copy of C.L. Sulzberger’s A Long Row of Candles — Memoirs & Diaries 1934-1954, with just the right whiff of book mold to let you smell the history as you read it.

My eyes are shot but it’s the kind of book you can dive into anywhere and pull our surprising nuggets of little known but very telling info.

C.L.Sulzberger

“In a 1977 article for Rolling Stone, journalist Carl Bernstein included Sulzberger in a group of columnists and commentators whose Central Intelligence Agency relationships Bernstein characterized as going “far beyond those normally maintained between reporters and their sources.” He cited CIA files as referring to Sulzberger as what the agency called “known assets.” Bernstein quoted unnamed CIA officials as saying Sulzberger at one time published a briefing paper the CIA provided him almost verbatim under his byline. Bernstein then quoted Sulzberger as calling that allegation “a lot of baloney” and insisting that while the agency might have considered him “an asset,” in the sense of his willingness to answer questions about his travels to (fictitious nations) “Slobovia” or “Ruritania,” he never took formal assignments from the agency nor would “get caught near the spook business.”[3] The Times also denied that Sulzberger had ever been a paid CIA agent.”

I think the truth leans toward Sultzberger’s view. Those were different times. The Great Brain Rape of the USA’s popular mindset didn’t really get cooking until the 50s when tv sets began to become affordable for the average person. There were many journalists back then who could think for themselves and could pull the wool over CIA eyes more than the CIA could pull wool over theirs.

We had some serious real journalists back then without them having to go “alt”.

Afewknowthetruth
    Participant

The fascistic puppet Zelensky regime says ‘no peace talks’ because ‘peace talks would mean surrender’.

oxymoron
    Participant
    boscohorowitz
    Participant

“I’m interested in the proposition that Musk’s Twitter poll about reinstating Trump’s account was a “bot trap”.”

My interpretation is that Elon used the low-hanging irresistibly forbidden fruit to lure politically bent bots to vote against Trump. I would think there are several ways to sniff who’s more likely a bot and who isn’t, not perfectly but along a probability curve. Whether or not Elon intends to “out” or oust alleged bots, it gives his AI lots of incoming data on the de facto enemy’s bots.

Think of it as the Stuxnet Principle, if you will.

More Info

C.L. Sulzberger’s book is proving to be a very rare treat. Written in 1969, it is from a very different time when journalists had real brains and at least half a soul.

boscohorowitz
    Participant

More info on bot traps:

Pull them out by their bots-traps

The music that first and fully seduced me into adoring the medieval/renaissance period of Western music was this easily accesible bit of very antique highbrow popular music:

Anthony Holborne ~ Dances and Airs ~ The Bruggen Consort

John Day
    Participant

Thanks for digging into Bot Traps in general, boscohorowitz. I didn’t realize how much of a thing it might already be.
    Boy, amd I behind the times again…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ivan Aivazovsky Sea channel with lighthouse 1873

Always awed by this man’s ability with a canvas-brush-and some oil colors…

Thanks Ilargi…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.