On the Existence of God

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Open Comments On the Existence of God

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

…If you have read my writing for a while, you should observe that I am very Binary. Black and White, Good and Evil, Haves and Have Nots, etc. There are of course Shades of Gray in there, but each of those shades is just a result of lots of little Binaries all contained within a bigger one. You can digitize the world in this way, in all things. When you then go ahead and try to reconstruct existence, it again comes from a Binary, which is Existence versus Non-Existence. The Universe itself either IS, or it IS NOT. From all of our perceptions, it most certainly IS, I doubt anyone here would support the idea we do not exist. We do have some observable evidence though that once a few Billion years ago this Universe did NOT exist in the sense we observe it now, it seems to have come from NOTHING in a “Big Bang”. Can you really make “Something from Nothing”? Everything we observe says you CANNOT make Something from Nothing, so from my observation point here on the Last Great Frontier, the Universe we observe MUST come from SOMETHING. That “something” is something we cannot observe from this reference point, but it MUST exist. In effect, we are Flatlanders, 2 dimensional beings in a 3 dimensional space we cannot observe until we rise ABOVE the 2-D space we exist in. This is the analogy, just the dimensionality is higher….

Read the rest in the Diner.

https://www.doomsteaddiner.org/blog/2012/03/30/on-the-existence-of-god/

RE

dollssympathy
    Participant

The Universe itself is either there or it is not, depending on your perspective. It most certainly IS, based on all of our perceptions, and I seriously doubt that play tic tac toe anyone in this room would support the notion that we do not exist.

ossifiedprime
    Participant

Just surprised. All of the obstacles in this geometry dash lite entertaining jumping game consist of geometric shapes, including triangles, squares, and other shapes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.