This Virus Kill Zombies Too

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum This Virus Kill Zombies Too

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Rembrandt van Rijn Portrait of his father 1628-29   I was following the numbers all afternoon, because I knew this was going to be the day that t
    [See the full post at: This Virus Kill Zombies Too]

boilingfrog
    Participant

Raul,

I’ve been reading your work (with Stoneleigh, Lord I hope she’s safe) since The Oil Drum. And I’m still reading your work. I have always tried to apply a sort of “scientific method” to my readings… if it’s useful and predictions turn out to be (nearly) on target, I stick. Writers who don’t pass muster are abandoned.

Your writing gives good, pragmatic steps and expands my mind, and thus my ability to react more calmly and thoughtfully. This latest stretching of my mind made me think of Greer from 2006 (and reprinted in “Crash Now And Avoid The Rush, 2015):

“Knowing many stories is wisdom,
    Knowing no stories is ignorance,
    Knowing only one story is death”

My ailing parents know one story, the virus was a partisan attack. They are now stuck in Florida and we hope for the best.

Thank you, and all the commentariot, for giving us
    “many stories”, many ways to look at the world.

V. Arnold
    Participant

But then I saw that the US is charging Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro with drug trafficking (narco-terrorism?!), and I was wide awake again. Why does the US, on the verge of becoming the worst hit “corona country”, charge him now, of all possible times, when they could have done it any given day for the past 7 years? Well, exactly because of the corona threat.

And I don’t think this is Trump; he may take a political hit, but he only has to do better than Joe Biden, and anybody could do that. This smells much more like some deep state thing, Mike Pompeo and his crew.

I said exactly that a week or two ago; war is always the U.S.’s answer to crisis…
    The CV-19 pandemic may well neutralize the U.S. military with rampant spread through the ranks; we’ll see…
    If the deep state despots follow through with war; Venezuela may prove tougher than their calculations have shown. They have S-300’s and who knows what else Russia has supplied them with.
    In any event; IMO, the home front in America is on the verge of societal collapse…
    I hope I’m wrong; I have friends and family still in the U.S..
    Trump is a rat caught in a maze, not of his making; couldn’t happen to a nicer dictator…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Rembrandt van Rijn Portrait of his father 1628-29

So, he was about 22 or 23 when he painted that. I like how Rembrandt draws you right to his fathers face. Again, a master at portraiture; clearly alive…

boscohorowitz
    Participant

Before resubmerging into the focused day-dreaming of writing a novel, I want to note the excellence of today’s article by Raul. It makes its point with clear concision and is easily understood. ONe could forward it to someone with good reason to hope they understand and get the point.

V. Arnold: I didn’t know Venezuela had Russian air defense equipment.

Looks like USA is reduced to invading itself.

luckybucky
    Participant

If the “markets” and banks (credit unions also I suppose) are going to close, then where are the safe havens to put our savings?

Doc Robinson
    Participant

“The losses in the stock “markets” lately have been staggering, trillions were lost. But then you look at a graph and you think holy sh*t, there’s so much more to go, so much more downside…”

Yessir, we’re only down to the 2017 bubble level, which was so overpriced and teetering at the time that David Stockman was warning about a 40% drop from that level.

“Price discovery” Hooot.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrr……….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.