Was Greece Set Up To Fail?

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Was Greece Set Up To Fail?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

NPC “Georgetown-Marines game” 1923 I started writing this on my last night in Athens for now, Wednesday, and had no time to finish it then: On the eve
    [See the full post at: Was Greece Set Up To Fail?]

howiemac
    Participant

can you imagine any other country where almost all the media are against the government, tell outright lies, use any trick in and outside the book, and the government still gets massive public support?!

Actually, that is exactly the situation here in Scotland! Landslide support for our governing party, the SNP, in the face of blanket anti-SNP coverage in the Scottish mainstream media and BBC. It seems quite clear that people are turning away from conventional media in droves, as their lies, deception, and propaganda become increasingly obvious. People are slowly wakening up, especially the young. I suspect that this is a growing phenomenon that we will see in many countries soon, as the influence of the old media moguls wanes rapidly.

BTW I have been to Greece regularly in recent times (last visit was 3 weeks in May) , and can confirm that it remains a great place to visit.

Ceteris Paribus
    Participant

“can you imagine any other country where almost all the media are against the government, tell outright lies, use any trick in and outside the book, and the government still gets massive public support?!”

Yes, actually. When I read that I immediately thought of Venezuela during the Chavez years.

jo6pac
    Participant

Yep, Greece was set up as were the others because Amerikas wall street business model is Fraud that’s were the profit is. The eu system was set up to fail and take down everyone in it. The workers will lose the safety nets and with tpip coming to the eu what’s not to like. Here’s a little something I read yrs ago and had been placed back on the web.

https://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/07/little-known-history-of-the-euro-crisis-was-baked-in-from-the-start.html#disqus_thread

Thanks for the update and have safe trip.

disc_writes
    Participant

in Holland last week, and we might as well just fly out back here together in a few weeks.

Any chance you will be giving a talk or a presentation while in the Netherlands?

pjstl
    Participant

Sorry, but it’s been obvious for weeks that Greece was a lab rat. If your behavior risks bringing down national economies you should know what is going to happen when it occurs.

disc writes

perhaps. any ideas?

zander.c
    Participant

HA HA,
    BBC Scotland are terrified of speaking out against the SNP and locusts like Sturgeon and Salmond the weirdo, that’s why they’ve never once mentioned these two proclaimed unwavering support for Juncker (probably to spite Cameron who opposed him – infantile) who championed the brutal austerity against the Greeks whilst whingeing like two year olds against the austerity measures imposed by London…. you couldn’t make it up.
    The stinking hypocrite SNP are CORPORATE LACKEYS and a malignancy in Scotland…. The Scots just haven’t realised it yet although the penny is slowly dropping in some quarters.
    Rumour has it Sturgeon is going to allow fracking after all, that should wake a few somnambulant sycophants up.

Z

Raleigh
    Participant

“The IMF acts as a member of the Troika, yet has no elected position whatsoever. The second unelected member is Mario Draghai of the ECB. Then the head of Europe [Jean-Claude Juncker] is also unelected by the people. The entire government design is totally un-Democratic and therein lies the crisis. Not a single member of the Troika ever needs to worry about polls since they do not have to worry about elections. This is authoritarian government if we have ever seen one.”

Martin Armstrong

George P
    Participant

The path to hell for Greece starts the moment when the National Statistics Agency was replaced by the private Hellenic Statistics Authority, aka Hell-stat or as it is now known, Elstat (statistics.gr).
    I’d like to add two more details regarding the Hellstat scandal, to complete the acurate picture that this article reveals, all of which is common knowledge in Greece since 2011.

Firstly, Dr Georganta has clearly denounced on-air at the time that she has witnessed that Mr Georgiou had been taking orders by the head of Eurostat, none other than Mr. Walter Radermacher, the former head of the German Statistical Office (Destatis), to increase the Greek debt to 15%. She also showed vital documents on-air to prove that claim! Given Mr Radermacher’s nationality and former position, it is self evident that the decision was political and derived from German centers of power. When this was revealled, it was the first time that the Greeks became angry with the German elite and started to understand their ugly role. This was all back in 2011 and it is amazing how the world failed to know this for 4 years. Most likely the proof that there has been a total media blackout on the Greek Issue, all this time. Furthermore, the second detail was that the Board of Directors of Hellstat was illigaly fired by Mr Georgiou, who assumed dictatorial powers in a vital Public Limited Company (SA). This was highly illigal and highly improper, but Mr Georgiou has had the backing of Vangelis Venizelos, the former President of PASOK and then the Vice Prime Minister (a nice title he invented for himself). Moreover, the former FinMin Papakonstantinou (PASOK) gave his blessings for this. No legal action was ever taken against Mr Georgiou and all the claims dissapeared from the public eye after a while, until a year ago, when the case was re-opened. This backing up is another proof that the Hellstat public debt falsification story was a highly political move ordered by Germany, in order to push Greece into austerity, financial experimentation and eventual surrender. It was the starting point of the mounting Greek debt and one of the many financial WMD’s employed against Greece, during this period. It was the very move that facilitated austerity and conquest, along with Papandreou’s invitation to IMF.

Unfortunately, due to the sad development regarding Tsipras dismissing his 61% OXI mandate and openly collaborating with the EU and Germany, there is almost no chance now that Mr Georgiou, or anyone else, would ever be convicted, nor would there be any parliamentary hearing regarding the odious Greek debt, anymore. The only places to find the truth outside of Greece now, before some bureaucrat in the Comission vanishes all the evidence once again, is in the minds and memory of people like the readers of AE and anyone they can influence. At least, you now know what happened: Simply, one of the biggest scams in the planet’s history. I am now waiting for Spain to “discover” billions of hidden debt by another Eurostat lackey, for the farce to continue.

seychelles
    Participant

OF COURSE Greece was set up to fail. What the stronger nations don’t realize yet is that the weaker ones are just easier to topple first. Iceland’s government is probably being more heavily- or re- infiltrated with “advisers” as we speak, as these creeps don’t take “no” for an answer. Look at the authorization of the Federal Reserve or the 2008 financial collapse bailouts or the more recent legislative votes in the US about international trade agreements. Hopeful viewing is so unrealistic.

Gravity
    Participant

Gravity is an automatic algorithm.

Greenpa
    Participant

“Iceland’s government is probably being more heavily- or re- infiltrated with “advisers” as we speak, as these creeps don’t take “no” for an answer.”

100% correct. The Owners are always looking at the very long term- as in 50 years, minimum. When they have a little set-back – they smile, from their yachts, and start working on re-writing laws, and repealing regulation. Since; hm, 1000 BC that I’m familiar with; and I do not joke.

Nassim
    Participant

Encouraging people to go on holiday in Greece is the best way to help them in a meaningful way IMHO.

A beautiful country – with very generous and hospitable people. I have been to Greece a great many times – first time in 1963 – and have always had a good time there. I was never robbed – not even by taxi drivers 🙂

In 1970, I was taken in charge by 4 young Greek ladies and we shared an apartment on Mykonos. They insisted on giving me the biggest bedroom and shared the other two bedrooms.

Ex-PFC Chuck
    Participant

Was Greece Set Up to Fail?
    Per Washingtons blog, channeling a Greg Palast piece in The Guardian a while back, it wasn’t Greece that was set up to fail, but the entire Euro project, and to do so in such a way as to allow Germany & friends to crush the weaker members of the currency union. Greece just happens to be the first in line.
    https://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/07/little-known-history-of-the-euro-crisis-was-baked-in-from-the-start.html#disqus_thread
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jun/26/robert-mundell-evil-genius-euro

Nicole Foss

We would be happy to do a presentation here in the Netherlands, and elsewhere in Europe if people want us to. I’ll be in Europe until mid-September.

phil harris
    Participant

Glad TAE was in Greece – it helps.
    To be continued … good.
    best hopes for family in Holland of course

phil

Hotrod
    Participant

As usual, a correct analysis of the situation. Greece was ravaged and plundered and now onto the next victims as there has been absolutely no price paid by the psychopaths in control. This will not stop until they are.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

>>Was Greece Set Up To Fail?<<

Of course it was. Many commenters have tried to explain the debt-money forest to you, but you keep banging your head on the trees obsessing over the Kabuki Theater instead of the 5th grade mathematics that prove unequivocally that debt-money systems are prima facie fraud engineered to do exactly what is occurring in Greece. BTW, newsflash – IT ISN’T JUST GOING TO DO IT IN GREECE. While the details may differ, the end result will be the same for common folk the world over.

>>Europe is trying to blow this country up; don’t allow them to. <<

“Europe” doesn’t do anything because it can’t. You attribute abilities to the abstraction known as Europe that DO NOT EXIST. PEOPLE are doing this. When you obscure WHO is doing this by using vagueries like “Europe” you are feeding the benighted masses more darkness. They need LIGHT! So let me chime in here. THERE IS A SUPRA-NATIONAL DEBT-MONEY MONOPOLIST BANKING CARTEL THAT HIJACKED THE POLITICAL SYSTEM BEFORE ANYONE HERE WAS BORN. THEY CONTROL THE MONEY. MONEY CONTROLS POLITICS. LISTEN TO NICOLE’S LATEST PODCAST – SHE EXPLAINS THE MECHANICS IN SIMPLE TERMS. THE BIG BAD IS THE SUPRA-NATIONAL DEBT-MONEY MONOPOLY. THEY ARE DOING THIS TO GREECE… AND TO YOUR COUNTRY AS WELL… that is, unless they don’t have direct control over your monetary system. If not, your country is on a short list of being bombed or threatened into submission.

>>That is, to what extent has Greece simply been a set-up, and a lab rat, for years now?<<

Some of your commenters have been telling you that the whole world has been set up by debt-money systems, but you won’t listen. They are correct. 100% correct. They knew Greece was set up have a decade ago. You could have known, too. Ah, but you still don’t know, obsessing over accounting gimmicks WHEN THE ENTIRE DEBT-MONEY SYSTEM IS TRIVIALLY PROVEN A PRIMA FACIE FRAUD, AN ARTIFICIAL ZERO SUM GAME WHERE BANKSTERS COLLECT INTEREST ON THE MONEY SUPPLY AND THAT INTEREST, BY DEFINITION, IS EVERYONE ELSE’S INEXTINGUISHABLE, SOCIETAL IMPOVERISHING DEBT!

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

Professor L&L,
    The hyperinflation thesis is faulty and trivially proven to be so. The Money Power has supranational control over most of the world’s money. They defined it as debt and created an artificial zero sum game where monetary assets must equal monetary debts (excluding a minutiae of specie that, in part, offsets lost cash).
    We know hyperinflation won’t take place while the Money Power is knee deep in trillions in cash and trillions in debt paper. Arch criminals aren’t such because they impoverish themselves to benefit the masses. No, they steal from Muppets and, if possible, they dupe them as well so they are left Grubered – completely clueless about what has happened to them.
    So, why has the Money Power issued so much debt? Simply because they’ve been looting the proceeds of the debt while handing the debt minus proceeds over to the public sector, using various governments as their intermediaries.
    But they can’t do that forever. When they change tact, it will be to bust society so they then can buy it up for pennies on the dollar. This is what they are doing in Greece right now – consider it a beta test… the Money Power does. They will do this everywhere they are in control of the money supply – including your hometown.
    Hyperinflation will only become a real risk one they’ve offloaded their paper assets for real assets and need to “balance their TBTF&Jail books.” They bust their competition, they buy up most of the planet with bailout and other loot and the average citizen will be clueless because commenters will major in the minors while completely missing that which is truly important.
    Quantitatively easing (the losses of the Debt-Money Monopoly (DMM) oligarchs) occurs because it benefits the oligarchs. Deflation will occur when it benefits the DMM oligarchy. Hyperinflation will occur when it benefits the DMM oligarchy.
    Can you spot the trend?

disc_writes
    Participant

@Raúl Ilargi Meijer,

I would love to hear you two speak live, but I am afraid I am not well enough introduced to help you organize a talk.

If you do manage to organize something, please advertise it on the blog. Anywhere in the Randstad should attract enough people – or outside the Randstad too, the Netherlands are not so big after all.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.