Where Is China On The Map Exactly?

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Where Is China On The Map Exactly?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Arthur Siegel Bethlehem-Fairfield shipyards, Baltimore, MD May 1943 A lot of people these days vent their opinions on what’s happening with the Chines
    [See the full post at: Where Is China On The Map Exactly?]

SteveB
    Participant

“And in that light, I don’t see how or why the $30 oil I talked about yesterday would be all that far-fetched, given that China has driven most of the world’s growth expectations over the past decade or so, and that it seems to have very little chance of living up to those expectations. Even if for no other reason than because the rest of the world stopped growing.”

A step in the direction of determining the likelihood of $30 oil would be to drill down to the use of oil in the Chinese economy for that recent “growth” relative to coal, uranium, and natural gas use. I suspect that they’ve burned through a lot of diesel but not so much gasoline that it will make the difference between $70 oil and $30 oil (or at least not between $55 and $30, as I’ve commented earlier, I think on the TAE FB page). I wonder if most of the drop in energy use fall within the electricity-generation sector that relies on those other fuels. While the diesel use will likely drop off, perhaps dramatically, will the gasoline use? Meanwhile, the transportation use in the rest of the world isn’t likely to drop very sharply, though it will (continue to) drop.

rapier
    Participant

A few hundred million sent to buy Brent or WTI futures can stabilize the oil price, over and over again. Any exchange traded commodity can easily be goosed against shorts.

Once one dispenses with the idea of real markets then pretty much anything is possible in things that are priced at futures exchanges. Ultimately many things are not priced there but the prices of real things being bought and sold by real people and real companies is slow motion. Slow motion is the opposite of crash or panic.

Hotrod
    Participant

Is it just me or is the whole world awash in lies? It seems you cannot rely on any news report, statistic, or especially, any government source anymore. The whole shebang seems rotten to the core. What an environment to attempt to make sound decisions on a personal level.

Raleigh
    Participant

Hotrod – you are so right, it is awash in lies, propaganda, corruption. As Hugh Hendry said above, “The problem in the US was it was felt intently with the private banking system which went bankrupt.” It went bankrupt and yet, presto, it suddenly didn’t. And now everyone is supposed to follow the central banks around like a pack of hungry animals, hoping against all hope that a scrap will be thrown their way. It doesn’t matter if they have to step on others to get it, as a simple justification will suffice: “If I don’t do it, someone else will.”

A few days ago, Ilargi said: Because the financial system – as Hugh knows – may be screwed three ways to Sunday, but central banks have prevented it from showing its – fatal – injuries, by dressing it in layer upon layer of gauge and band-aids made of and paid for by the real economy’s present and – especially – future wealth and labor.

In the end that means you’re making money off of other people’s misery, be it in the present or the future. And that is a stark choice. In my view. If an economy stops growing, the only profit opportunities left involve taking something away from someone. Obviously, there’s tons of people who’ll swear our economy is still growing, but they’ll find neither yours truly nor Hugh Hendry in their camp.”

If we want the game to stop, we need to step off. Every single person still in the stock market and buying up commodities/junk bonds, etc., is perpetuating the above, keeping the game going, putting a bottom under prices for everything. It doesn’t seem to matter to them whether the guy down the street is having a hard time; they’re just going to continue to keep playing in the hopes they’ll come out ahead of him.

The only growth we’re seeing is in financial products, period. It’s fake, phoney, built on sand.

Raleigh
    Participant

Jef Jelten – “The ‘private banking cartel’ is the fed check out who is who in those structures and you will see and they can and do buy just about anything they want.

The fed is the front man for the banking cartel and pretends to be cowed by congress but it is all Kabuki. Greenspan, bernank, Geithner, whoever… they all have about as much decision making power as G. “the decidamicator” Bush or any other Prez for that matter.

“The Fed AND Congress are taking orders from someone. Who is it?” Banking cartel … got it?”

I also believe it is the bankers, but I was really looking for some names. The following article sets these out: families of Rothschild, Warburg, Rockefeller and others. It says:

“…80% ownership of the New York Federal Reserve Bank – by far the most powerful Fed branch – by just eight families, four of which reside in the US. They are the Goldman Sachs, Rockefellers, Lehmans and Kuhn Loebs of New York; the Rothschilds of Paris and London; the Warburgs of Hamburg; the Lazards of Paris; and the Israel Moses Seifs of Rome.

CPA Thomas D. Schauf corroborates McCallister’s claims, adding that ten banks control all twelve Federal Reserve Bank branches. He names N.M. Rothschild of London, Rothschild Bank of Berlin, Warburg Bank of Hamburg, Warburg Bank of Amsterdam, Lehman Brothers of New York, Lazard Brothers of Paris, Kuhn Loeb Bank of New York, Israel Moses Seif Bank of Italy, Goldman Sachs of New York and JP Morgan Chase Bank of New York. Schauf lists William Rockefeller, Paul Warburg, Jacob Schiff and James Stillman as individuals who own large shares of the Fed. [3] The Schiffs are insiders at Kuhn Loeb. The Stillmans are Citigroup insiders, who married into the Rockefeller clan at the turn of the century. […]

The 1913 creation of the Fed fused the power of the Eight Families to the military and diplomatic might of the US government. If their overseas loans went unpaid, the oligarchs could now deploy US Marines to collect the debts. Morgan, Chase and Citibank formed an international lending syndicate.”

Part 1 of 4:

The Federal Reserve Cartel: The Eight Families

It also said:

“The Four Horsemen of Banking (Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup and Wells Fargo) own the Four Horsemen of Oil (Exxon Mobil, Royal Dutch/Shell, BP and Chevron Texaco); in tandem with Deutsche Bank, BNP, Barclays and other European old money behemoths. But their monopoly over the global economy does not end at the edge of the oil patch.”

And then the following article speaks of the Bilderberg Conferences, the Council on Foreign Relations, the IMF, World Bank, Trilateral Commission – all done in secret. If even some of it is true, what hope do we have?

“The True Story of the Bilderberg Group” and What They May Be Planning Now

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.