Boris is Broken

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Boris is Broken

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kazemir Malevich Floor polishers 1912   Everything Brexit changes every 5 minutes. That makes it hard to follow. It makes it hard to write about
    [See the full post at: Boris is Broken]

zerosum
    Participant

“it’s broken. Into millions of little pieces.”

Only some of the pieces/people count.

Most of the people, who don’t count, will feel the pain of the decission makers.

Rototillerman
    Participant

I feel like there needs to be a “Brexit for Dummies” post… I’m never quite sure what is being argued over when they refer to the “Irish backstop.” Have I got this right: once Brexit occurs, there has to be a border somewhere in a place where there currently is no border? It either has to be a border with customs controls between the two parts of Ireland (because Northern Ireland goes with the UK), or it has to be a border between England and Northern Ireland? And if those are the choices, why the hell aren’t we hearing the voices of those most affected, namely the two parts of Ireland? It’s all code words and phrases at this point.

The other big sticking point: is it that the UK currently is in the EU, and governed by a bunch of rules and regulations, and once Brexit occurs those no longer apply? And the UK has apparently done nothing to replace those rules, or harmonize with them, hence the disruption of trade, lorries waiting 48 hours for paperwork, etc etc?

a border between England and Northern Ireland?

NI is part of UK.

Dr. D
    Participant

Reminds me of a certain guy from Michigan who said ‘When the people finally get to vote they’re going to give the establishment the biggest f-u they’ve ever seen.”

You can’t keep up your Yakety Sax Benny Hill chase forever. Sooner or later is has to be absolute tyranny or a return to populism and democracy.

Rototillerman
    Participant

Dr D: was that the same guy who said “If people understood the way that banking works in this country, there would be a revolution before the next morning?”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.