Debt Rattle April 27 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 27 2023

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    John Day
    Participant

Censorship Long Emergency https://www.johndayblog.com/2023/04/censorship-long-emergency.html

​ ​Big Pharma’s Destruction of American Journalism​ , A Midwestern Doctor
    ​In 2016, Barack Obama gave a speech at the private research university Carnegie Mellon where he argued that the internet had become too much of a Wild West and that some curating function (no one was asking for) would need to be created to protect the public from things online that were not the truth.
    ​ ​A massive push against “disinformation” followed this, and it rapidly became much more challenging to get accurate or unbiased information off internet platforms (e.g., Google) where it had previously been very easy to.​..
    ..What is such a shame about all of this is that a few decades ago, Tucker Carlson would not have been an anomaly in discussing these issues (e.g., consider the previous 60 Minutes segment). Things have just become so censored almost no one will touch anything that threatens a vested corporate interest.​..
    ​..As Greenwald has pointed out, we are now witnessing many of the same policies we saw pushed forward two decades ago during the War on Terror. They are harder to recognize (since the other party is doing them, and they are cloaked behind all sorts of progressive labels like “diversity”), but fundamentally they are the same. Many of the same players are also involved.​..​

..​This monopolization of the media is why we frequently hear the same message simultaneously disseminated on almost every news network (including the local “independent” ones). Thanks to the herd mentality instinct, this thus makes the lie of the day rapidly become a widely held belief throughout America.​..
    ..Because we live in such a monopolized media ecosystem, our Democracy cannot function without independent media.
    ​ ​The corporatocracy and, sadly, the current political establishment are trying to eliminate any independent voices.​..
    ..Previously, Tucker’s conduct was the expected standard in journalism. Instead, what we have now is simply an exercise in forcing you to hear a specific viewpoint everywhere you go until you submit to the social pressure of agreeing with them.
    https://amidwesterndoctor.substack.com/p/big-pharmas-destruction-of-american

​Matt Taibbi has part 1 of his series on the Censorship Industrial Complex:
    ​ Democracy relies on the dynamic tension between liberalizing institutions like the press, NGOs, and the media, but the CIC seeks to unite these groups and homogenize information flow. This is not only morally wrong, but ridiculous: there’s no way to keep a cap on 8 billion voices forever. The people you’ll be reading about in this series want to try, however. How? Raw numbers. Money. The sheer application of political will and computing power. As you’ll read and see, if they have to build one NGO for every human on earth, they’ll do it.
    Franz Kafka dreamed up the “one gatekeeper per person” idea over a century ago as ironic metaphor in Before the Law, but the modern United States is moving in that direction as political reality. It’s the ultimate convergence of the huge-scale-waste approach to governance as perfected across generations of forever wars and Pentagon spending, and the authoritarian thinking that flowered all over in response to episodes like 9/11, Brexit, and the election of Donald Trump. The core concept is too much democracy and freedom leads to mischief, and since the desire for these things can’t be stamped out all at once but instead must be squashed in every person over and over and endlessly, the job requires a massive investment, and a gigantic bureaucracy to match.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/taibbi-report-censorship-industrial-complex

Meryl Nass MD posts: An Insider’s Guide to “Anti-Disinformation” by Andrew Lowenthal, by way of Taibbi (full text)
    ​ ​I underestimated just how much money is being pumped into think tanks, academia and NGOs under the anti-disinformation front, both from the government and private philanthropy. We’re still calculating, but I had estimated it at hundreds of millions of dollars annually and I’m probably still being naive – Peraton received a USD $1B dollar contract from the Pentagon.
    ​ ​In particular, I was unaware of the scope and scale of the work of groups like the Atlantic Council, the Aspen Institute, the Center for European Policy Analysis and consultancies such as Public Good Projects, Newsguard, Graphika, Clemson’s Media Forensics Hub and others.
    ​ ​Even more alarming was just how much military and intelligence funding is involved, how closely aligned the groups are, how much they mix in civil society. Graphika for example received a $3M Department of Defense grant, as well as funds from the US Navy and Air Force. The Atlantic Council (of Digital Forensics Lab infamy) receives funds from the US Army and Navy, Blackstone, Raytheon, Lockheed, the NATO STRATCOM Center of Excellence, and more.
    ​ ​We have for a long time made distinctions between “civilian” and “military.” Here in “civil society” are a slew of military-funded groups that mix and merge and become one with those advocating for human rights and civil liberties.
    https://merylnass.substack.com/p/an-insiders-guide-to-anti-disinformation

​ ​THE EU HAS designated 19 online platforms, including Instagram, TikTok and Twitter, as having user numbers so big they will come under stricter regulatory rules for content.
    ​ ​The list features platforms with more than 45 million monthly active users, which also includes certain services from Amazon, Google, Meta, Instagram and Microsoft.
    ​ ​The volume of users puts the platforms under a new EU law, known as the Digital Services Act (DSA), imposing measures from August such as annual audits and a duty to effectively counter disinformation and hate content.
    ​ ​In four months’ time, “these platforms and search engines will not be able to act as if they were ‘too big to care’,” Thierry Breton, the EU’s internal market commissioner, said in a statement.
    ​ ​“This new supervision system will cast a wide and tight net and catch all points of failure in a platform’s compliance,” he added.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/eu-digital-media-content-rules-6052755-Apr2023/

John Day
    Participant

Expatriate English blogger, John Ward left his once-comfortable home in rural France recently after the repression and dysfunction (always in favor of government & bank) became too much to bear.​ (He had a lot of financial losses getting most of his savings out of France… Many of us speculated on his next destination, but failed to pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey named “The Gambia”.) John illustrates the micro-granularity of censorship.
    Since roughly 7.45 am Gambian time yesterday, I have made thirty seven (that’s 37) attempts to open such an (anonymous email) account. It’s not just that every attempt has failed, it’s that there’s been a stunning variety of what passes in the Silicon Valley classes as ‘an explanation’ – but is of course a lie backed up by suitably incontestable gobble-dy-gook. Examples included:
    Anti-robot Captcha failed; unknown error 302, try again; verification failed; smartphone number not recognised; password inadequate; email address unfound; location fault, try again; passwords don’t match; local phone number untraceable; Whatsapp number inoperative; user error 207 identified; dialling code mismatch; compulsory sections incomplete; and of course not forgetting, ‘an unexpected error has occurred’.
    Living in Africa, one becomes accustomed to the unwillingness of hypocritical EUNATO bleeding hearts to use any rationale – however surreal – to avoid risk in Africa. So I asked a bright young jet-black person here to fill in one of the sign-ups. She had a new email address in under four minutes. But Fatue doesn’t blog, doesn’t have a Twitter account, prefers Facebook as her medium of choice and hardly ever joins comment threads: she’s very smart, but perhaps wisely, she keeps quiet about it except in job interviews. Having been around the block a few times in Niger, Mali, Senegal and Somalia, one can sort of understand why.
    I gave the same task to Abdulla the taxi driver, Lamin the admin bloke, and James the gatekeeper. All of them got a new email address in less than six minutes.
    So wozzit ‘cos I is white? I very much doubt it. And even an old Luddite like me can’t get it wrong 37 times in a row.
    The obvious conclusion could be that somebody up there doesn’t like the idea of me being anonymous….and the reason is – relatively online Minnow or not – I have a high social media profile, and a record as long as the long arm of what’s left of the Law for being “off message”.
    Of Mice and Men

​ ​After Tucker Carlson’s surprise split from Fox News, the #1 rated cable news host in history re-emerged from his home office on Wednesday to offer a stunning 8PM monologue covering his thoughts on the media landscape, and his future.
    ​ ​According to Carlson, one of the things one notices when one takes a little ‘time off’ is “how unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television are. They’re completely irrelevant. They mean nothing.
    ​ ​”In five years we won’t even remember that we had them… and yet, at the same time, the undeniably big topics – the ones that will define our future – get virtually no discussion at all. War, civil liberties, emerging science, demographic change, corporate power, natural resources. When was the last time you heard a legitimate debate about any of those issues?”
    ​ ​”Debates like that are not permitted in American media,” Carlson continued, adding “Both political parties, and their donors, have reached consensus on what benefits them – and they actively collude to shut down any conversation about it.​”​
    ​ ​”Suddenly the United States looks like a one-party state,” Carlson said.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tucker-reappears-8pm-time-slot-not-fox-which-just-suffered-catastrophic-ratings-crash

​ Robert F. Kennedy Jr. I’m Running for President of the United States
    ​ ​Both my Democratic and Republican friends speak of America’s polarization in apocalyptic terms. It is difficult for them to see a safe exit. Many Americans worry about a grim dystopian future.
    ​ ​My mission during this campaign, and throughout my presidency, is to heal the toxic divisions that have Americans battling each other. I will spend the next 18 months on the campaign trail emphasizing the values that bring us together, rather than exploiting the issues that keep us apart. I will use my Presidency to tell ​ ​ Americans the truth, end our ruinous addiction to warfare, and reinvest in rebuilding the American middle class. I will reverse the merger of state and corporate power that has subverted our democracy, destroyed the economy, and sickened our people and our environment.
    ​ ​As President, I will quickly dismantle the culture of corporate capture that has corrupted our regulatory agencies. My objective will be to restore the public’s faith in the democratic process, through honesty and transparency.​
    ​https://robertfkennedyjr.substack.com/p/robert-f-kennedy-jr-running-for-president

​ ​One of the talking points of people who cast doubt that vaccines or other substances or medical practices have caused the autism epidemic is, “Now, we have better diagnostic processes.” However, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. argues that that explanation doesn’t account for the 29-fold autism rate increase because “missing autism is like missing a train wreck. So it’s an absurd [claim].”
    ​ ​Mr. Kennedy added, “There is study after study after study that shows that this epidemic is real. It is not the result of changing diagnostic criteria. It is not the result of better recognition. It is an epidemic. And it’s common sense because if it was changing diagnostic criteria, you’d see people my age with full-blown autism. [At] sixty-nine years old, I have never seen somebody my age with full-blown autism … And yet, in my kids’ schools, there are many, many children who look like that.”​ (I remember friends with limb reduction defects from thalidomide.)
    ​ ​“Why aren’t we asking the question” of what’s causing this? he asked. Because “there’s a report that came out a couple of weeks ago that shows that the cost of autism alone to the American economy will be — just of caring for people as this group now ages — it will be a trillion dollars a year by 2040.”
    ​ ​“So something happened in 1989,” Mr. Kennedy attested, based on an EPA report to Congress. “And we know that it is an environmental insult because genes don’t cause epidemics. And the only thing is we just have to figure out what it is. There’s a limited number of culprits of chemical toxins that became ubiquitous around 1989.”
    ​ ​“And by the way, it wasn’t just those neurological disorders that started, and all these autoimmune diseases started; if you’re my age, you never saw anybody with rheumatoid arthritis or juvenile diabetes when you were younger,” he added. “The allergic diseases, food allergies, peanut allergies, eczema, anaphylaxis, which now are ubiquitous. 27% of our school budgets are now going to special education. This is crippling to the middle class in this country, and we need to figure out what it is.”
    https://vigilantfox.substack.com/p/rfk-jr-vows-to-end-the-chronic-disease

​ ​Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Blasts Fox News for Ousting Tucker Carlson and Presents an Interesting Theory on Why it Happened​
    ​Tucker spent part of his April 19 monologue calling out the corporate media shilling for Big Pharma and promoting their products. Tucker then went on to praise RFK. Jr. for being completely right about how “ineffective and potentially dangerous” the COVID vaccines are.
    ​ ​RFK. Jr. says this speech five days earlier is exactly why Tucker is gone.
    ​ ​Fox fires @TuckerCarlson five days after he crosses the red line by acknowledging that the TV networks pushed a deadly and ineffective vaccine to please their Pharma advertisers.​ [Pharmaceutical companies could not advertise directly until 1997. It can be stopped.]

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Blasts Fox News for Ousting Tucker Carlson and Presents an Interesting Theory on Why it Happened

John Day
    Participant

​ It’s about pervasive evil.
    ​ Tucker Carlson, now ousted from Fox News, gave a speech last week at the 50th Anniversary of the Heritage Foundation on the bigger picture of good and evil within our society.
    The conflict is no longer about politics, it’s about the very moral foundations of civilization.
    The new ideological movements are based on old and dark premises, and their motivations are solely to destroy what they can in order to take what they can.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/watch-speech-got-tucker-carlson-removed-fox-news

​ ​Persistent myopericarditis after heterologous SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccination​ Thanks Jeremy
    ​ ​Heterologous vaccination with BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 vaccines may be associated with higher rates of vaccine-related myopericarditis in males.
    ​ ​Myopericarditis related to SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccine may uncommonly persist for months, with ongoing troponin elevation and abnormalities on cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.
    ​ ​Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and colchicine therapies are effective in treating the symptoms of myopericarditis related to SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccines.
    ​ ​A healthy 41-year-old man on vacation presented to the emergency department of a local hospital with central, constant, stabbing chest discomfort that worsened with inspiration. He reported no recent illness, and no medication or recreational drug use. His only medical history was Gilbert syndrome. He had received a BNT162b2 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine 4 months previously and an mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine 2 weeks previously…
    ..A hypothesis for vaccine-related myopericarditis is that the spike protein and its derivatives are potentially proinflammatory.6
    ​ ​Indeed, circulating exomes containing spike proteins and antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 spike protein can be detected in human plasma 4 months after mRNA vaccination.7
    ​ ​Our patient’s persistent myocarditis may have occurred because of a prolonged autoimmune reaction to spike protein complexes.
    https://www.cmaj.ca/content/195/16/E584

​ ​Why Sunlight Deficiency Is as Deadly as Smoking
    ​ ​“Women with active sun exposure habits were mainly at a lower risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and noncancer/non-CVD death as compared to those who avoided sun exposure.” …
    ..“As a result of their increased survival, the relative contribution of cancer death increased in these women.”
    This finding may be a bit tricky to understand, so let’s look at it a little closer.
    Because cancer risk increases along with biological age, the longer you live, the higher your cancer risk will be. Therefore, because increased sunlight exposure actually increases your longevity, it will also appear to increase your risk of cancer. But this does not necessarily mean that sunlight is intrinsically “carcinogenic,” which is commonly assumed.

Why Sunlight Deficiency Is as Deadly as Smoking

Avoidance of sun exposure as a risk factor for major causes of death: a competing risk analysis of the Melanoma in Southern Sweden cohort
    ​ ​Results: Women with active sun exposure habits were mainly at a lower risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and noncancer/non-CVD death as compared to those who avoided sun exposure. As a result of their increased survival, the relative contribution of cancer death increased in these women. Nonsmokers who avoided sun exposure had a life expectancy similar to smokers in the highest sun exposure group, indicating that avoidance of sun exposure is a risk factor for death of a similar magnitude as smoking. Compared to the highest sun exposure group, life expectancy of avoiders of sun exposure was reduced by 0.6-2.1 years.
    ​ ​Conclusion: The longer life expectancy amongst women with active sun exposure habits was related to a decrease in CVD and noncancer/non-CVD mortality, causing the relative contribution of death due to cancer to increase.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26992108/

ram
    Participant

In addition to the other reasons mentioned for the rise in LGBTQ++ , don’t forget in America alot of hormones are used in the production of meat. Much less of this phenomena in countries that don’t use hormones in meat production.

Farmer McGregor
    Participant

@ram…a lot of hormones are used in the production of meat.
    As well as milk, which is mostly consumed by children.
    The dairy industry has fought long and hard to prevent milk producers from labeling their milk as ‘hormone free’ when they DO NOT use hormones to increase lactation (look up rBGH).

Also, NO ONE should ever consume any form of soya other than products that have been thoroughly fermented to destroy the endocrine disrupting hormone mimickers (look up phytoestrogen).
    Soy is the primary protein source in most livestock feeds, and the hormone mimickers have been found present in the eggs and meat of chickens (we feed only soy-free feed). Some form of soy or soy derivatives are used in nearly every processed food product on the store shelves. Soy milk is poison.

Historical aside: Buddhist monks consumed tofu as a libido suppressant (!).

Oroboros
    Participant

Shame the Lockdowners Forever

“It’s time the sheep realize that wolves aren’t the problem, the sheep dogs and shepherds are.
    Wolves might take a sheep here and there, usually from among the very weak, very young, very old or very sick, but it’s the sheep dogs’ and shepherds’ job to make sure ALL the sheep go to slaughter..”

~PrinzEdelhart

https://www.bitchute.com/video/zfIotE468aEE/

aspnaz
    Participant

Fox paid Dominion $700 mil to fund the rigging of the next election all while making Dominion seem falsely accused of vote rigging. The billionaires show their contempt for the voters once again.

aspnaz
    Participant

Don Antonio said

Actually, if number 2 is possible, is it also possible that the generation that shows the greatest growth in LGBTQ percentages, Gen Z, has been the most subjected to the greatest exposure to endocrine disruptors in groundwater and foodstuffs, and that they have been re-sexed as a consequence?

Kind of like chemical mutants, like babies born with three arms, in other words, circus fodder. Obviously this is not a “natural” state of affairs as humanity depends on babies for its survival. If Darwin was correct then these mutants should be filtered out of humanity and be gone forever.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Well, here we all are once again, full circle, chasing our tails into the ether…

What with 80-90% on TAE posting hatred, angst, resentment born malevolence & other EG0ic pathological dysfunction from their human travails 😐

Only disrupted by 10-20% of TAE “breaking news” content reporting of “useful” information (many times reported over & over again, multiple times ~ Even the agregators aren’t reading TAE content?).

0, zip, zilch, nada commentary about changing the hearts & souls of those perhaps ready for solution(s)…

Bravo! Bravo!! Participation ribbons all around!!!

Staring into the maw of existential threat all the prey can muster is flipping off the master predator(s) before they’re ripped to shreds 🙄

Perhaps I shouldn’t even be lightly surprised by the futility of mentioning such lost solutions as “spirituality”, in it’s many facets, as time & again such simple considerations seem beyond peradventure of human modernity 😐

Perhaps it’s all the toxins et al. shoved into the bodies, minds & emotions of Homo sapiens over the past 50+ years, from cradle-to-grave?!?

Oh well, it was worth one last attempt at spreading something beyond the chaos of status quo, the darkness of insanity, before continuing on The Path, more or less, with only a companion or two.

TAE has the potential to become an oasis in the storm, an agent & true aid in the quest of rebuilding sanity, rather than the just another noise-filled, anarchic social media gaga depository, it *really* did/does…

Veracious Poet
    Participant

About all those meaningless “words” thrown about without thought, or prayerful consideration:

Peace Be With You, Fair Winds & Following Seas…

zerosum
    Participant

Word salad.
    Since forever Too much hate. No time for peace.

V. Arnold
    Participant

No wonder everybody is confused; everyone thought “they” were talking world peace; when in fact they were talking about whirled peas…

D Benton Smith
    Participant

@VeraciousPoet

You are tempting me to be sarcastic, but I will restrain myself and instead just make the expository statement in all of its naked glory: you are projecting.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.