Debt Rattle April 3 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 3 2015

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

G.G. Bain Pelham Park Railroad, City Island monorail, NY 1910 • ‘EU Has Already Collapsed’– Beppe Grillo (RT) • The Principal And Interest On Debt Myt
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 3 2015]

rapier
    Participant

Tsiparas visit to Russia and talking to Putin suggests the outline of why Tsiparas and Syriza could be removed from power in some sort of coup or as a reason, justification, excuse, to absolutely crush Greece financially.

A barely proxy war, or a real one, between the US/NATO and Russia is as close as the breakdown in the Minsk 2 accords cease fire. If that happens then who can doubt the “leftest” Greek government will be portrayed as our enemy and so too any other friends of our enemy. Again, war with Russia could be understood as the last best hope of keeping the EU together. Having a war will make everyone choose whose side they are on.

War would also be the go to reason for any coming financial panics/problems. Absolving the powers that be and allowing them to demand, and get, even more power.

I hope I an wrong on all this. Could be. To my mind Ukraine and war there or spreading from there is the biggest story there is now. I hope I am wrong.

https://www.thenation.com/blog/203193/stephen-cohen-ukraines-last-best-chance

I’ll add that war, perhaps on a lower level, will now include cyber war. All sorts of accidents could be caused by cyber attacks. The grid, financial transactions, you name it. One beauty of cyber war is that the attacker can never be known absolutely. Remember how N Korea hacked Sony?

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Also from the Beppe Grillo article:
    “The right-wingers say we should kick everyone out of the country, the left-wingers say we should keep them, whereas what we really should do is work out a compromise.” –On the flood of 120,000 immigrants per year disappearing into Italy.

“Ecuador told the U.S. that its debt is immoral and Ecuador is not going to pay it off. We can do the same. This debt is im-mo-ral. Actually, it’s not the debt of the Italian nation – or Greek for that matter. It’s a debt that had accumulated from corrupt deals, arms sales, it’s debt to Siemens or international arms corporations that sold Greece their submarines. There were many deals like this one, and people didn’t know anything about them. Now, they keep telling us, “You are to blame, you didn’t live within your means…But I want to know what happens to my taxes. Why should I pay them, if I don’t get the services…?” –Beppe Grillo

Again, unending deception in every article, confounding of cash and debt, help and hurt to twist the perception. And they fall for it!(along with ubiquitous adding of “radical”, and “leftist”) Let me correct this for you:
    “What is certain is that Greece still needs–much moar debt–externalxxfinancialxxsupport, particularly the €7.2 billion in –additional onerous financial drain– bailoutxxfunds which it hopes to xxunlockxx –borrow– from its international lenders. To date, Greece has received two –crushing loans– xxbailoutsxxworthxx costing a total of €240 billion.”

“Greece is revisiting the possibility that it might be –permitted to borrow– ablexxtoxgetxxsomexxofxxthe €7.2 billion remaining in bailout funding in return for part of the reforms being demanded by creditors”
    So to be saddled with an additional 7.2B, I also have to give you parts of my nation? Golly, what’s the catch?

Sounds different when you properly name “assets”, “help”, “money”, and “debt”, doesn’t it?

Jef Jelten
    Participant

On the principal and interest bit;

It is even more than that when you factor in all aspects of finance. Every dollar that anyone has that is unencumbered with debt interest has to also “earn” interest. Trillions of dollars in investment portfolios MUST “earn” interest. Pension funds, 401Ks, hedge funds, etc. must earn interest and many of those are not satisfied until “Earning” 10% or more.

Every dollar on the planet absolutely must seek out and become $1.05 or more regardless.
    Regardless of anything. Anything even if it is completely morally, ethically, environmentally, destructive. Even if it must come at the cost of human life.

This is not hyperbole it is simply the hard cold truth. There is so much “money” out there at this point that this truth continues to exist and dominate society regardless of any and all the talk or even actions of all the economist or TPTB at Davos or whatever.

The belief that we can get ahead of this and then talk about restructuring is the very definition of insanity.

Either we kill this system dead or it kills us.

jal
    Participant

“Either we kill this system dead or it kills us.”

Define “us”.

Many “system” have died. My ancestors survived. I’m here.

DrCiber
    Participant

@jal

Precisely. Those “systems” died so your ancestors survived, and so you are here.

John Day
    Participant

The empire is in an awkward position when it must treat NATO “allies” (even junior allies) like enemies, or rebellious vassals to be punished.
    It’s cracks like this that should be a big signal of the end of an era.
    Quicken this end!
    Also, prepare for chaos.

khiori
    Participant

The only thing we know about Greece right now is that there are a lot of conflicting statements out there!

Nestle, like WalMart, is evil.

It’s hard but try to eat as little as possible from unknown sources (i.e. not farms nearby). I feel very bad for the inner city Americans without access to fresh farm foods. When my grandparents lived in Philadelphia, into the 1960’s, farmers from New Jersey used to come down the street with HORSE and WAGON, vegetables piled high. We called him “the huckster” and you could hear The Huckster calling out “bloooooberrrries….fresh strawwwwberrries….” all down the street. Fish mongers, butchers, and of course bakers delivered to your door. And the milkman! I liked running down in the morning to open the door and see what had been “left” on the stoop. SIGH.

Jef Jelten
    Participant

jal – You speak as if you have a choice or have opted out. Your full of it.

Where do you get your money, food. healthcare, etc so you don’t die? Same place as everyone or if you do have an alternative the other 99% of the millions that live near you do not.

jal
    Participant

I’m relying on the same forces that saved my forefathers.

TheGreekOne
    Participant

The confusing situation in Greece is actually the fog of an economic war in progress and the fact that the Greek and European media are still controlled by an Germanic EU imposed power and propaganda framework. Everybody follows a daily scenario written on a non-paper by some half-drunk obscure bureaucrat, on the 15th floor of some pharaonic building in Brussels, barking orders all the way down the line, until a local montley crue of two-bit journalists publish them and preach them like they were the very Word of God over the MSM and the social media. In the meantime, reality knocks everyone on the head, things keep crushing around us, but hey, who cares? We’ve got Twitter! Politics in just 140 words! That is just as revolutionary as those cute “YOLO” arm tattoos and 15 megapixel selfie phones to admire ourselves online! Right?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.