Debt Rattle April 8 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 8 2021

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Noirette
    Participant

Ukraine.

Why Zelensky signed on March 24 a Prez. order affirming that re-conquering the Donbass and returning Crimea to the Ukrainain fold was Ukr. official policy is opaque.

Ze was elected as a ‘peace’ candidate (Russian speaker, Jewish, not a pol, also a minor TV star 🙂 ..), got nowhere, and is obviously deadly afraid of the powerful Ukr. war-hawks, Pravy Sektor, Banderistas, neo-nazis, and the like, with reason, they are the ones on the ground with the power to implement serious violence. (There have been demos and riots, Gvmt. building burnt, defaced, etc. though those acts are symbolic.) (Idk the precise situation / parties / votes in the Rada.) All this has been building up for a while.

The new US Biden admin dialled everything concerning Ukraine back to where it was put on pause by Trump who refused to have anything to do with it, with all / many Russia 3x! Horror! pols put in charge of foreign policy. (Nuland, etc.) -> straight back to Obama policy. Unfinished bizness, resurgence, doubling down.

Ukraine is a failed state with an economy in the pits, ginormous debts, dependent on its Patrons (USUK-EU) and their funding arm (IMF), for endless always-forgiven loans and now (soon) the loss of transit gas fees thru Ukr. to Europe, with the advent of the completion of Nord Stream 2 (in May-June) which will have to be somehow compensated for (or not!)

Once again, Ukraine is pushed to agitate even if impotently againt the Russki Demons, to display its allegiance and dare I say ‘Purity’ against the no. 1. enemy of the USA (not of the ‘West’, see ex. Germany.)

What happens next? Short answer: Nothing spectacular. I hope. Merkel, Macron, Putin don’t want strife — as before. (Putin has no interest in taking over the Donbass, though he will make strong moves to defend Russians in that region, now 600K as passports have been handed out), Merkel and Macron prefer stasis, some limp show of upholding the MInsk accords, or recently, a return to the Normandy – 4 format, whatever.

Yes there are flash danger points, some potential cracks.

Ze may have been egged on by US bodies, to return to the original question. Maybe. In any case, despite Slo-Joe assurances, the US will never do more than furnish some Aid (military materiel, maybe some credit) to Ukr., and everyone know this.

To spell it out: re-conquering the Donbass (to re-integrate it into Ukr) or even hallucinating about taking back Crimea, is admitted by ALL to be illusory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandy_Format

phoenixvoice
    Participant

Um…so on the nudist beaches clothes are not required, but masks are? What a bizarre world we live in.

At least they aren’t saying that the unvaccinated are required to be masked and the vaccinated can be maskless.

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ John Day

“This is NOT fully analogous, but would be if we lived in massive open prisons, like on the Texas border, for instance.”

But we do. Not as in reside but as in most of what we we do involves milling about in large open prisons like malls and office complexes, riding subways and planes, etc.

As for “Don’t take sides”: the Belgian guy does. He starts with a character assassination, ends with same, and stiulletoes throughout. It’s anything but rigorous critical thinking. It’s mostly a snow job even if he manages to make a valid point here and there.

Bossche is, imo, either foolish or very wise about marketing both truth and the vaccine he hopes to produce. Making the apocalyptic assertions that he does makes it easy for mainstreamers to ridicule him, but in so doing they tend to make overconfident blunders* while creating the kind of antagonistic and sensationalist buzz that gives a story viral legs (double entendre accepted).
    *(for example: for a vaccine proponent to be knocking a guy for wanting to build and sell a better vaccine makes the vaccine propoonent look foolish… especially if a person forwards the article to someone who knows somethoing about viruses, vaccines, and big pharma… even if thatexpert acquaintance is a mainstreamer, they can’t help but notice the hypocrisy of blaming Bossche for doing the exact same thing the knocker does)

Since most covid public messaging preaches to pre-existing choirs, succcess might best be found in expanding a given choir section rather than converting members from the other side. In Bossche’s case, the libertarian/prepper/etc. demographic, one that is currently far more proactive than the centrist-leftist bloc of mask afficiandos and obviously more amenable to questioning the official narrative than the mainstreamers.

“The issue of whether we are marked for culling and this is part of the mechanism strikes me as more important.”

I hear this sentiment from a lot of people, and it honestly strikes me as emotionally driven nonsense.

a) lacking a hugely undeniable smoking gun, you’re just pissing into the wind

b) if one somehow could provide a grossly smoking cannon that proves the culling intent and methodology and convince the majority plebiscite that this is so, that would only unleash fantastic amounts of violence by an enraged populace angry most of all for having their heads yanked from their nice warm rectal orifices, where we like to keep our heads so much of the time. (Everyone’s shit stinks but mine.)

I think it’s more important to know what the virus is/isn’t, what works/doesn’t, and how that will play out in our socioeconomic continuum, not what Dr. Evil has up his secret sleeve.

&*(

@ my parents said know

“Why isn’t the basket (container) on that list?”

Baskets are women’s work. We tend to revere those tools that gave us power OVER nature more than tools that merely help us efficiently use what nature provides. Gathering is woman’s work; hunting is men’s work.

zerosum
    Participant

(Ivermectin) Stromectol
    I got an ally, my GP, to help me get the Ivermectin prescription filled. The Pharmacies that I called are back order.
    I’ll keep you updated on any progress and results.

The Dr. sent prescription to pharmacy, The pharmacy called and will fill the prescription when the back order arrives in a week. Waiting for results.

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Noirette

“To spell it out: re-conquering the Donbass (to re-integrate it into Ukr) or even hallucinating about taking back Crimea, is admitted by ALL to be illusory.”

Agreed. It is the insane level of brinksmanship that is so worrying. No margin for error when both sides are breathing steam acorss the border at each other.

And Putin: Putin will be as open and honest and transparent as he can be… while also holding his ace cards behind his back. Surely Putin knows that in a fight like this, the person who throws the first real punch wins. The West may think it’s just pushing to see how much room they have, forgetting that deception is always a part of the game, and Putin might decide to alter the accuracy of that assessment by striking first (very unlikely) or later (quite likely), letting them mount all kinds of silly troops and toys on the border while waiting for us to cross the hidden trip wire that, most likely, will hold up just swell in international law courts, Putin having made it clear that responses will occur when and how he deems necessary, while all parties know who’s lying and who isn’t.

The Ukraine will have to rely on Russia in the end, and everyone knows this too. As Noirette noted above, Ukraine is a failed state, backed by a great failed state (USA). It’s inevitable. Russia and Ukraine share regional affinities and Russia is the only state able to help them as the Euromerican union disintegrates.

Germ
    Participant

Same Script, Same Tactics, Same Players – 10 years prior they tried the same but failed:

https://rumble.com/vcgwf7-same-script-same-tactics-same-players-10-years-prior-they-tried-the-same-bu.html

Germ
    Participant

Germ
    Participant

Is there a pandemic? Was there ever a pandemic?

Perhaps the most important point to grasp is that a pandemic is a construct, not an object. There is nothing you can point at which is the pandemic, only various data points indicating that one exists.

A very convenient pandemic

Mr. House
    Participant

Indeed Germ. I have been expecting monty python bring out your dead since they started losing their minds a year ago. Still crickets, just numbers that i can’t verify.

Madamski: Now how did I know you would answer, and answer like that?
    And of course, I agree. I’ve been pushing on this since I was 10. Wheels without a container are frankly useless. Like a car, where there is womb to go wherever you want. 😉

madamski cafone
    Participant

The Andes culture got by swell without wheels. They used as much tensile engineering as compression engineering. Like, um, a macrame culture along with the stone massif culture Eurasia was so big on. Lotta baskets. Storage was the most important invention after fire, club, and stone tech. Storage lets you travel farther than you can hunt for the day. Prosthetic game/forage you carry with you.

The Power of the Pussy

Archie
    Participant

C’mon madamski, admit it. You just like big strap-ons.

Germ
    Participant

Dr. Eric Osgood discusses the use of ivermectin in Zimbabwe with Dr. Jackie Stone. Dr. Stone has been leading the way in her country to save as many people as possible by ensuring that ivermectin can be quickly and easily obtained for prophylaxis and early treatment. Plus, she shares her own harrowing journey as a COVID-19 patient herself—having contracted the disease twice.

Arttua
    Participant

Yesterday’s dog named Sisu, is Finnish for guts, the name given to the war with USSR, fending off an army 30 x larger.   Apex predators.  The traditional way of hunting bears in Finland was to go to a bear den, wake it up, and stand there with a spear behind you, bear attacks and you duck, job done.

Bill7
    Participant

Germ said: Is there a pandemic? Was there ever a pandemic?

Perhaps the most important point to grasp is that a pandemic is a construct, not an object. There is nothing you can point at which is the pandemic, only various data points indicating that one exists. <

Indeed! And those providing said data have shown *over and over and over and over and over* that
    they will lie without qualms..

Shorter: show me- don’t tell me of- the “pandemic”. Where is it?

Just In: Sooper-scarey Triple-Myootant Strains!!! OMFG!!!

yeah, yeah.. Cui bono? Need I ask?

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ Archie

“C’mon madamski, admit it. You just like big strap-ons.”

Mine has digital sound:

Mr. Ed

madamski cafone
    Participant

The fact of massive lying by authorities about covid is not the same as “no pandemic”. It just means that the authorities are not reliable sources of information about the SARS cornoavirus. Agathie Christie novels wrap up neat and tight. Reality, not so much.

HerrWerner
    Participant

@sumac-carol
    On variants getting more deadly, it does happen. In 1918 it happened, where the 2nd wave (likely a new variant) was much more deadly than the first. 25 to 50x more deadly than Covid. If you survived the first wave in early 1918 it usually conferred some immunity to the second wave. Statistically speaking viruses like to find a sweet spot of transmissibility/virulence that preserves the virus.

Mutations are random. Some will make virulence worse, some make it more transmissible, some are just conjured up the by media in order to scare the populace and gather clickbait. Other mutations make it less transmissible and less deadly. The virus isn’t trying to get deadlier, its interaction with the host species is what determines whether a mutation is “better” for the virus. That feedback loop usually makes it “revert to the mean” as Crosby’s book calls it. The “sweet spot” of virulence for the flu and colds is making people sick, making more carriers, but not killing many. That’s the level of virulence that most benefits the flu.

Ebola is on the other end of the scale. Ebola spreads like wildfire. It’s so deadly and so transmissible that it usually craters the entire population in a local area – a town, a state, a region. Ebola only has one trick, “explosive amplification” and turning the host into moar virus. It kills too many hosts, it’s too deadly to sustain itself for the long haul, it does not seem to be able to turn itself into a kinder, gentler Ebola. Whatever mutations occur in Ebola (probably) make it disappear – either doesn’t infect humans or doesn’t cause symptoms.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Money is a viral pandemic.

WES
    Participant

Madamski:

Somehow I just can’t picture you making a good gatherer for a hunter!
    Women’s work and all.
    More likely, I see the poor fellow being driven to drink!

HerrWerner: this says something about a “second wave”.

I don’t know what happened, but I just made a link.

It’s the little things in life that make us happy.

WES
    Participant

Here is an interesting but another fact you don’t need to know.

It has been noted that cave art in the main cave areas is usually fairly sharp.

However cave art done in narrower areas tended to be more free flowing.

Somebody finally figured out that the differences in art styles had to do with their being less oxygen in the narrower parts of the cave while drawing! Thus the cave artists were experiencing sort of a high due to breathing less oxygen! Of course burning a torch to see what you were drawing just speeded up getting high!

Imagine that! Our caveman ancestors getting high!

a kullervo
    Participant

@Mister Roboto

I did peruse some of the Wkipedia pages related with “infamous” female killers (like the one you mention and e.g., La Quintrala) but many of those are being presented as women “with power and preparation” (sic), therefore remarkable avant la lettre “victims of the patriarchy”™/machismo (they weren’t bad persons, they were dealing with a man’s world using man’s rules; said rules are only bad when men use them). I didn’t bother/cared to trace the editing record of those articles – just another rabbit hole of the many passing out as information/culture that I strive to avoid altogether.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Dr. D
    I very much liked your post today; you’re frustration very evident…

I DID fight the Iraq war back when, and I AM still after Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and their overlords. It was NOT popular then and had no more traction in mass insanity than the present Liberal insanity has. Does that make me special, that I opposed their violence and oppression then, and I oppose this clear, far more deadly violence and oppression now? Apparently it does. Apparently it makes me a hell of a minority. But you want me not to do it, lie back and think of England? What happens if no one puts pressure on endless, deadly lies in a culture, as we generally see now? Is that better or worse than a culture that DOES attack, savage, test, discuss, and debunk murderous, self-serving falsehoods?

Yeah, me too…I got shunned…then I left, so what?
    …and here we still are…
    The galoots seem to have won…but, I’m not so sure…we’ll see…

a kullervo
    Participant

Latest, er, news:

Andrew Neil and the crew at SpectatorTV seems to be crawling out of the slumber (it only took them a year…) – more rabbit holes and psyops for you, boys & girls!

sumac.carol
    Participant

Herrwerner I have no expertise to confirm whether or not variants become more severe. My point was that these two “experts” do not agree on this key point. Sorry Dr. john Day it is not enough to simply skip over this point. I think an import take away message for the average person is that perhaps even the smartest folks don’t have a full handle on this. What would be really good is if the experts were able to say they are not sure.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Now I want to wade in and join the game of amateur virologist.
    I put $20 on variants being less virulent. Here’s the explanation: a successful microbe will want to maximize replicating itself. If it needs a host in which to replicate itself and it kills too many of its hosts too quickly, this does not maximize opportunity for replication -hence an unsuccessful variant. Successful variants will therefore be more infectious (enabling the microbe to have access to more hosts) and less lethal (again maximizing access to hosts needed for the microbe to replicate itself). Gotta learn to think like a bug!!

I think there are alternative explanations for second waves being more severe. For example: did people isolate themselves, not exercising their immune systems during wave 1? This could weaken them when they came out of isolation .

V. Arnold
    Participant

sumac.carol
    I think an import take away message for the average person is that perhaps even the smartest folks don’t have a full handle on this. What would be really good is if the experts were able to say they are not sure.

I think you make a very important point; IMO, this is where critical thinking is of paramount importance.
    Even if/though the experts disagree, they still make their case with known facts and relevant information.
    We must learn and discern from their information and act accordingly…
    Our decision is to act defensively/prophilactively until such time the facts become clear…if ever…
    …very challenging times indeed, no? 😉

madamski cafone
    Participant

@ WES

“Somehow I just can’t picture you making a good gatherer for a hunter!
    Women’s work and all.
    More likely, I see the poor fellow being driven to drink!”

I’m frank and blunt but very cooperative. I’ve butchered more than my share of animals, and hammered my share of humans, but dislike killing. When it comes time, though, killing is just killing. For food, for defense, for euthanasia. Death is death and everything dies.

I’d rather pick mushrooms and grow potatoes like a good Russian woman should.

^&*

@ my parents said know

“It’s the little things in life that make us happy.”

I once said that regarding sex with a man. He took offense. Thought I was addressing his appendage size when by little I meant it was a quickie.

@ sumac.carol

“Successful variants will therefore be more infectious (enabling the microbe to have access to more hosts) and less lethal (again maximizing access to hosts needed for the microbe to replicate itself). Gotta learn to think like a bug!!”

That’s viewing success from a teleological retrospective. But here and now, variants will move forward with whatever works, and in the short run, a variant both very infectious and very toxic would excel and expand its range for quite some time until adeqauate steps were taken.

VietnamVet
    Participant

Coronavirus is parasitic messenger RNA that first appears to have originated in arthropods (insects etc.) and diversified from there. If the host can avoid contact with the pathogen, they don’t get sick. Some are unavoidable and human beings adapted to survive. Others, gut bacteria, are beneficial and necessary to digest food and produce vitamins. “Quarantine” is from the Venetian language meaning 40 days.

The coronavirus pandemic is real but it is nothing new. Not as deadly as Spanish flu or the Black Plague, but it kills; especially the elderly and is highly contagious. Hot Spots overwhelm for-profit hospitals. What is very human is forgetting the lessons from the past and using it to make money.

The top five nations with the most deaths; USA, Brazil, Mexico, India and UK are by definition failed states. These governments could not protect their citizens from the plague. They all are addicted plutocracies. Say what you want. But Island, Asian, and South Pacific nations have controlled coronavirus. The USA and Canada could control the virus also the exact same way. But mRNA jabs are not enough to eradicate it. This requires the restoration of good governance and national public health systems.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

The USA and Canada could control the virus also the exact same way. But mRNA jabs are not enough to eradicate it. This requires the restoration of good governance and national public health systems.

The USA, take public health seriously??? Never! We’ll let the country burn to the ground first! (As indeed our plutocratic class is doing and has been doing for a long time.)

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.