Debt Rattle August 21 2016

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 21 2016

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange ‘A season’s work in the beans’, Marion County, Oregon 1939 • Neo-Liberalism Has Had Its Day. So What Happens Next? (G.) • BOJ’s Kuroda
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 21 2016]

Raleigh
    Participant

This is a damning article re the Clinton’s. Well worth a read if you really want a get a feel for their evil. These people are absolutely despicable.

“A Voter’s Guide to Hillary Clinton’s Policies in Latin America – Support for coup regimes, militarization and privatization, trade deals that wreak economic havoc—they reveal the failure of Clintonism.”

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-voters-guide-to-hillary-clintons-policies-in-latin-america/

Raleigh
    Participant

Two good articles from Robert Parry re the downing of MH-17 in Ukraine, and how the New York Times and several other U.S. newspapers are blatantly trying to deceive people.

https://www.opednews.com/articles/Fraud-Alleged-in-NYT-s-M-by-Robert-Parry-Fraud_Mh-17-Airline_Putin_Reporters-160720-969.html

https://www.opednews.com/articles/1/MH-17-Two-Years-of-Anti-R-by-Robert-Parry-Airlines_Mh17-Aircraft_Propaganda_Russia-160717-160.html

The second linked article is from July 17, 2016; the first linked article is from July 20, 2016.

Raleigh
    Participant

I was just reading about Soros the other day, trying to get a feel for who he is. One link led to another, and it doesn’t look pretty. I thought, with his NGO’s helping the refugees and telling them via Twitter and Facebook to run to Europe, that he must really care about these people, but – NO! He doesn’t. Will post what I found later.

Geoffrey Pyatt, the former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine (the one who was speaking with George Soros in the article you linked above) was also the vice-consul and economic officer in Honduras (well before the 2009 coup there, mind you). He then went to India and several other places before ending up in Ukraine. He just got appointed to a new position in July of 2016: U.S. Ambassador to Greece.

Two coups (Honduras and Ukraine). Look out, Greece! Mr. Pyatt’s a coming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_R._Pyatt

Hillary Clinton was instrumental in setting up the coup in Ukraine (Victoria Nuland, $5 billion, blah, blah) while she was Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013.

She was also Secretary of State during the coup in Honduras.

She is a real warmonger. I just hope Assange delivers an early Xmas present – some Clinton Foundation emails.

Raleigh
    Participant

Really good article on Assange and how the New York Times tries to fry him.

“While I periodically have written commentaries dissecting and pillorying news articles in the New York Times to expose their bias, hypocrisy half-truths and lies, I generally ignore their editorials since these are overtly opinions of the management, and one expects them to display the elitist and neo-liberal perspective of the paper’s publisher and senior editors.

That said, the August 17 editorial about Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, who has spent four harrowing years trapped in the apartment-sized Ecuadoran embassy thanks to a trumped-up and thoroughly discredited political rape “investigation” by a politically driven Swedish prosecutor and a complicit right-wing British government, moves far beyond even the routine rampant bias and distortion of a Times editorial into misrepresentation and character assassination. As such it cries out for criticism.”

He ends with:

“Maybe that’s because the Times is unhappy that Assange and Wikileaks have been doing what the Times is so clearly unwilling to do: aggressively pursue real journalism that matters.”

New York Times Shames Itself by Attacking Wikileaks’ Assange

Touche!

Nassim
    Participant

“Next year or the year after that, I think it will be free of ice in summer and by that I mean the central Arctic will be ice-free.”

I am willing to take anyone on this for U$100 – that the above statement will not come about. When I win, because this is a certainty, I will donate the winnings to TAE. You see, IMHO, the sun is what is driving “climate change”

Here is an article in German, but the graphs make it perfectly clear:

Eine kleine Sensation, von der Presse unbemerkt: Sonnenaktivität erreichte im späten 20. Jahrhundert nun doch Maximalwerte

And here is a Google translation:

A small sensation, ignored by the press: Solar activity reached maximum values in the late 20th century

It looks like we might be heading for 30+ years of gradual cooling. The North Atlantic has been rapidly cooling over the past 10 years.

North Atlantic Heat Content Plunges… Meteorologist Warns Of “Serious Implications” On US Climate, Sea Ice!

Nassim
    Participant

BTW, I have been permanently banned from commenting by the FT – they don’t like their lies about the Middle East and Russia being exposed. Here is their email:

“Dear Mr. Nassim,

As you may recall, we revoked your commenting ban in May at your request – at the time, you agreed to abide by the guidelines in the future. We made clear that if you violated those guidelines again, you would be banned permanently. Your comments over the past week have again repeatedly violated our commenting guidelines for being aggressive, repetitive and appearing to be part of an organised campaign. Therefore, we have banned you from posting comments on FT.com.

From now on, when you post comments, your comments will only remain visible to you and not to other readers.

Regards,
    Lilah Raptopoulos

Community Manager
    Financial Times”

Joe Clarkson
    Participant

Why all the sturm und drang from Zero Hedge about the Clinton Foundation? It’s just another charity from which no Clinton receives any money and which does good work all over the world. The wild eyed commentors at Zero Hedge should try reading the Foundation’s IRS 990 or the PWC Consolidated Financial Statements (all available on line). There is no smoking gun. What’s next from Zero Hedge; dissing the Red Cross, MSF,?

As far as I am concerned, the more Saudi money that goes to western charities the better. There are far worse things they could spend our oil payment money on than charity.

P.S. Mr Meijer, I can’t believe you endorsed this ZH post by giving it further exposure.

And what’s with your statement, “A Hillary presidency would damage the reputation of America’s political system too severely.”? Too severely for what? The reputation of America’s political system can hardly go lower than it is now and the next US president will have no effect on anything of importance except possible nuclear war. I’m no fan of Clinton, but I certainly trust her more in that regard than Trump.

There are more important things going on than the US presidential election (much less the Clinton Foundation). Please cover those.

Raleigh
    Participant

Nassim – re FT – funny, yet frustrating and annoying at the same time. Unbelievable! “We here at the Financial Times do not want facts, and we most certainly do not want truth. If you’re inclined this way, you can get stuffed.” I like how you can see your own comments, but no one else can. Great!

I ended up on a site (don’t know how I got there), and it took me awhile to realize that most of the posters were working together. If I commented with facts and a link, they would quickly bury my comment. Their comments were things like “Derp, wow, you’re an idiot.”

But before I knew what was going on, I did have some good back-and-forth conversations with them (of course they always disagreed with me), but what struck me was that they were very, very knowledgeable when they wanted to be. They were not your ordinary blogger. Their vocabulary and sentence structure was not ordinary. After reading about Hillary’s super PAC spending $1 million to hire unemployed writers to refute anybody that disagreed with the post, I called them out and accused them of being “paid trolls”.

“When the Internet’s legions of Hillary hecklers steal away to chat rooms and Facebook pages to vent grievances about Clinton, express revulsion toward Clinton and launch attacks on Clinton, they now may find themselves in a surprising place – confronted by a multimillion dollar super PAC working with Clinton.

Hillary Clinton’s well-heeled backers have opened a new frontier in digital campaigning, one that seems to have been inspired by some of the Internet’s worst instincts. Correct the Record, a super PAC coordinating with Clinton’s campaign, is spending some $1 million to find and confront social media users who post unflattering messages about the Democratic front-runner.”

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-clinton-digital-trolling-20160506-snap-htmlstory.html

I watched how they talked amongst each other, saying things like, “Trump sure isn’t presidential. No one is going to vote for him.” The other would answer back with something like, “The guy is so far behind Hillary, he hasn’t got a chance.” Back and forth they would go with one-line comments, and I suspected they had multiple names. As I continued to watch, I could almost guarantee that the paid trolls were 90% of the board, just talking back and forth until a stupid fish (like me) came swimming by.

Anything at all hurtful to Hillary was buried quickly. Interesting times we live in.

Raleigh
    Participant

Joe Clarkson – yeah, nothing to see here, move along. She just erased over 30,000 emails and then had her hard drive destroyed, her husband “coincidentally” meets up with the Attorney-General for a half hour “grandchildren” conversation while she is under investigation, and you’re trying to tell us that, “Oh, yeah, but they’d never do anything deceitful with the Clinton Foundation.” Yeah, right.

“The wild eyed commentors at Zero Hedge” are probably wild-eyed because they’ve actually watched the documentary “Clinton Cash”. Here’s the link:

Here’s an article:

“Nothing the Clintons do is without strings; there is always some cover-up or shady deal linked to even their most charitable efforts. If the first Clinton Presidency, and now the Clinton Foundation, are any kind of indicator as to what a ‘Hillary Clinton Presidency’ would look like, you can be sure it will include scandals and pay offs, with very little accountability.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/kateandrews/2013/08/14/revealing-nytimes-exposes-clinton-foundation-n1664254

Raleigh
    Participant

Joe Clarkson – here’s another article re the Clinton Foundation:

“The Clinton Foundation’s finances are so messy that the nation’s most influential charity watchdog put it on its “watch list” of problematic nonprofits last month.

The Clinton family’s mega-charity took in more than $140 million in grants and pledges in 2013 but spent just $9 million on direct aid.

The group spent the bulk of its windfall on administration, travel, and salaries and bonuses, with the fattest payouts going to family friends.

On its 2013 tax forms, the most recent available, the foundation claimed it spent $30 million on payroll and employee benefits; $8.7 million in rent and office expenses; $9.2 million on “conferences, conventions and meetings”; $8 million on fundraising; and nearly $8.5 million on travel. None of the Clintons is on the payroll, but they do enjoy first-class flights paid for by the foundation. […]

Charity Navigator, which rates nonprofits, recently refused to rate the Clinton Foundation because its “atypical business model . . . doesn’t meet our criteria.”

Charity Navigator put the foundation on its “watch list,” which warns potential donors about investing in problematic charities. The 23 charities on the list include the Rev. Al Sharpton’s troubled National Action Network, which is cited for failing to pay payroll taxes for several years.

Other nonprofit experts are asking hard questions about the Clinton Foundation’s tax filings in the wake of recent reports that the Clintons traded influence for donations.

“It seems like the Clinton Foundation operates as a slush fund for the Clintons,” said Bill Allison, a senior fellow at the Sunlight Foundation, a government watchdog group where progressive Democrat and Fordham Law professor Zephyr Teachout was once an organizing director. […]

The nonprofit came under fire last week following reports that Hillary Clinton, while she was secretary of state, signed off on a deal that allowed a Russian government enterprise to control one-fifth of all uranium producing capacity in the United States. Rosatom, the Russian company, acquired a Canadian firm controlled by Frank Giustra, a friend of Bill Clinton’s and member of the foundation board, who has pledged over $130 million to the Clinton family charity.

The group also failed to disclose millions of dollars it received in foreign donations from 2010 to 2012 and is hurriedly refiling five years’ worth of tax returns after reporters raised questions about the discrepancies in its filings last week.”

https://nypost.com/2015/04/26/charity-watchdog-clinton-foundation-a-slush-fund/

Most of all it’s the appearance that if you want benefits from the Clinton’s in the form of help securing deals in foreign countries, you just need to provide Slick Willy with speaking fees and make a donation to the Clinton Foundation, and you’re in.

These are deceitful, I’ll scratch your back, you scratch mine underhanded dealings, using their position to elicit a gain for themselves.

This will follow her, along with all of the other scandals ending in “gate” that the two have been involved in.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.