Debt Rattle February 10 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 10 2018

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Frank Larson Times Square, New York 1950s   • Worst Week in 2 Years for Stocks Ends on High Note (BBG) • By Betting On Calm, Did Investors Worsen
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 10 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I pretty much got it. No debt, no credit card debt, pay everything in cash. And that’s about it.
    So, what, if anything, am I to do?
    My own intuition says buy gold when one can.
    Other than that; hold on tight, and enjoy your life?
    We already do, but modestly, bcause that’s our style…

Nassim
    Participant

“Results highlight a net increase in land area in Tuvalu of 73.5 ha (2.9%), despite sea-level rise, and land area increase in eight of nine atolls. Island change has lacked uniformity with 74% increasing and 27% decreasing in size. Results challenge perceptions of island loss, showing islands are dynamic features that will persist as sites for habitation over the next century, presenting alternate opportunities for adaptation that embrace the heterogeneity of island types and their dynamics.”

<ahref=”https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/02/09/remember-when-the-island-of-tuvalu-was-going-to-be-inundated-by-sea-level-rise-never-mind/”>Remember when the islands of Tuvalu were going to be inundated by sea level rise?</a.

One day, people who think that the earth should be static and not dynamic will treated the way those who believe that the earth is flat are treated today. 🙂

Nassim
    Participant
    V. Arnold
    Participant

Hmm, I don’ know anybody who thinks the earth is satic.
    What are you talking about?

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Bond Vigilantes? But, we were told by all the Blog Gurus that they were extinct?

Professorlocknload
    Participant

@ Arnold

“The more material we lose, the less we have. The less we have, the more we win.”
    Anthony Liccione

Nassim
    Participant

V. Arnold,

Here is what the Wikipedia has to say:

“The sea-level rise near Tuvalu measured by satellite altimeters since 1993 is about 5 mm per year …

Mean sea-level rise is projected to continue (very high confidence) …

Coastal erosion, saltwater intrusion and increasing vector and water borne diseases due to sea level rise”

Estimates as to changes in the sea level relative to the islands of Tuvalu

Professorlocknload
    Participant

@ Nassim,
    If they aren’t careful, those Islands are going to find themselves neaped.

Nassim
    Participant

“If they aren’t careful, those Islands are going to find themselves neaped.”

🙂

I guess if we wait long enough – till the next ice age – they may join up with Australia and Indonesia

Patricia
    Participant

A country is only sovereign if it can print its own money. Therefore any country that can’t is just like a state or a council. I have also thought that the EU is how Germany has actually won World War 11. It has done with Banks what it couldn’t do with Tanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.