Debt Rattle February 15 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 15 2021

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Vincent van Gogh Landscape with snow 1888   • Israeli Study Finds 94% Drop In Symptomatic COVID Cases With Pfizer Vaccine (R.) • Covid-19: Iverme
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 15 2021]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Vincent van Gogh Landscape with snow 1888

Just lovely…
    And kudos to Jonathan on his 189th; not many get this opportunity, or perspective…

Dr. D
    Participant

And here’s why Green Energy will collapse in on itself and take whole nations with it:
    https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/energy-emergency-texas-power-provider-warns-rotating-outages-cold-weather-tests-limits-grid

So…because a few NatGas wells got shut in due to totally predictable cold weather, MWH prices went from $25 to $9,000. NatGas itself went from $4 to $600. Companies cannot operate in that environment.

Whyso? To go Green, they shut down all the coal plants and went with their super-duper schmartz micro natural gas peak turbines. Just as the astonishing arbitrage in Gas vs any other BTU caused long term national demand to gravitate to gas. Just as they fracked to drive prices to bankruptcy, just before all those wells run suddenly – and completely predictably – dry.
    Congratulations, you have all the green you ever wanted. The entire grid, or the companies that cause it to exist, are going to vanish, and after a couple cycles of this you will have no grid at all. Then you can live in bark huts and caves. Pop quiz: if there is no longer a reliable electric grid, particularly in the United States, will people die from it? Having no CPAP machines, no O2, no heat at -30f, or A/C at 110f? If all those (poor, rural) people die, is that ALSO green for the environment?

Note: despite the news, this is not at all an unusual storm or front, not by temps, not by size. It’s just winter in North America, like every other year. Killin’ some folks. Or in this case, killing the companies that keep the normal folks alive, then just waiting for the obvious and inevitable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shock_Doctrine

“Fauci: Stimulus Bill Needs to Be Passed for Schools to Reopen (Hill)”

The daily flopper. His boss, CDC Director Redfield said schools should be reopened already. P.S. mental health is a crisis for them, so #Winning! All the sick kids Science can make. 0% chance of COVID death, so suicide was prescribed.

By the way, he’s an economist now. Schools don’t open for Science or medicine, but for money. So he’s on the committee to decide how much money, where, when, and how, right? Just as the money people are on the committees for CO2, weather analysis, and racism. If there’s a noun, they need to control it or they can’t sleep at night. Someone, somebody, is doing SOMETHING, without my permission. I just KNOW it! And if they do what I tell them, like Fauci has seen, I just change it tomorrow so they’ll have to obey me again! Can’t lose!

Ah, but Tony, don’t you know, no money for Schools? We’ve got an impeachment to run. Can we kill another hundredweight of children in that time? Who cares? We’ll find out anyway. Helping! Always helping, so, so much! Can’t stop helping, gotta help! Every place that helped has higher death rates than places that did nothing: more helping!!!

“The grievance begins with a list of lawsuits that Wood filed in an attempt to overturn the election”

Again, filing legal challenges is now “bizarre and frightening behavior” that merits disbarment? If only. The nation could use fewer lawyers. Somehow Dominion filing a similar lawsuit – of a billion dollars on a single citizen — is NOT bizarre and frightening. It’s of course logical and laudable. It also leads to discovery, which should be interesting, since every man in Phoenix wants to go to jail rather than allow the Dominion machines to be audited. Perfectly normal and not bizarre at all. Jail is super-nice I hear, and politicians often volunteer for a little stay-cation for no reason at all.

“In a quiet but stunning correction,”

Stunning to who? I don’t remember the last time they printed a story that was true. Next question: what DID he die of? It’s lotta pretty very awful weird to have a story he died of this VERY SPECIFIC thing, only to find out he died of suicide, or heart attack like everybody else that day besides Babbit. Can they not tell that there was no bloody extinguisher nearby and no circular dent in his cranium? Slipped their mind?

“The Times’ correction might be one reason why Democrats on Saturday reversed their demand to subpoena witnesses.”

Maybe, but more likely you’re making this up more than the NY Times is. it’s been reported that the sole thing stopping witnesses was that they would put Pelosi (and co.) under oath. Since she always tells the truth and has nothing to hide, I can’t imagine why that would be a problem for them.

“it makes it far easier to vote”

Easier than not needing an I.D.? Pray tell, please tell me how it can get easier than that? You get mailed the ballot to both your addresses and return it to the office before it was mailed out. How much easier can it be?

“it hugely amplifies the power of small political donors, allowing them to match and possibly swamp the power of big money.”

They certainly don’t want this then. The DNC is now the party of big money, Wall Street, and insider billionaires vs the people. Like the “must vote with other states” rule, it would backfire spectacularly. Imagine if they had it in the ’20 election. Sorry, Colorado would have had to vote with Ohio.

None of this will help anyway. If you put all money and power to set laws that pay me direct cash and run my competitors out of business in one place, there will be infinite corruption pressure on that place. Only by removing a) the money and b) the power, and distributing them back throughout the nation can this be solved. But stopping war, knocking the billionaires, helping the workers would require being a Libertarian, so the Left will burn a thousand Americas before trying it. “It” being what’s worked every time and place in history before, instead of the opposite, which has failed every time and place in history, and killed 300M in 100 years, and winding up rapidly in the 21st century too.

Like environmentalism, another 50 years of losing will not deter them. That CO2 has fallen due to efficiencies of capitalism, and the largest success is in the United States with the least rules does not affect them in the slightest. We must follow China’s model! The one that releases more CO2 and pollutes more, destroys more lives and more effectively erases the environment than any other place on earth, at any time. We need the love, safety, and thriving environment of blue Baltimore and Detroit not Wyoming and New Hampshire.

Why use words? Clearly there’s nothing I can say more ridiculous than what’s happening. Manhattan is the tippy-top of sustainable environmentalism, and Kentucky is made of mindless environment-killers. You can tell that by counting the trees and measuring the parking lots. Manhattan has one whole park, you know.

“Many people have taken up the practice of intermittent fasting,”

Because we’re dumber than any generation in the history of earth, yet are so dumb we think we’re the smartest, even medieval peasants followed this plan without the slightest trouble. Just as they lived in a green land covered with clean streams and green fields. So, if you want to have the brains of a medieval peasant, just download the Catholic calendar. You’ll also have 40 holidays off.

But we’re SO much, much smarter now, and not only work 365 days, but 24/7 as well, tied to a cell, and lacking family, purpose, and a social safety net of any sort. Never see their children, don’t know if they will eat today, and can be arrested at any time for so much as sharing thoughts. But they got that Netflix thing covered, so…all good! Clearly we’re the greatest. GOAT.

WES
    Participant

One good thing that came about due to the recent failed Reddit/Robinhood silver squeeze is that the manager of the etf SLV (who else but JP Morgan!) where forced to file a new legal disclaimer saying that in the future the price of SLV may “not” track the price of silver.

The whole purpose of SLV is to track the price of silver! The only reason SLV may not track the price of silver is because SLV may not have the silver backing it, that it says it does! That is the only reason why the manager of SLV put out the new legal disclaimer! This nicely gets the manager, JP Morgan, off the hook if SLV fails!

My personal opinion is that SLV was set up to manipulate the price of silver from the get go! It is the perfect scram. When interest in silver rises, money pours into the paper SLV, nicely diverted away from buying actual physical silver. The manager then uses the money in the SLV as a slush fund to suppress the price of paper silver. The more money that enters SLV, the more firepower JP Morgan has to suppress the price of silver!

My own long term observation of SLV is that silver prices don’t rise despite the tens of millions of ounces of silver supposedly bought daily by SLV. The amounts of silver claimed to have been purchased daily by SLV simply staggers the imagination! It just isn’t possible to find that much real silver to buy in mere hours! The only way to buy that much silver is to create paper silver!

For example the US mint cannot make more than a few million eagles a month because they can’t get their hands on more silver! Try buying just one silver eagle today! You are as good as dead if you try!

How is SLV able to buy 10, or 40, or 60 million ounces in one day? They can’t! They are buying more silver in a few days than is mined in the whole world in an entire year! But they can easily create 10, or 40, or 60 million ounces of paper silver while not causing the price of silver to rise but rather fall!

SLV and GLD etfs are government approved Ponzi schemes!

Advice: Be Smart! Don’t play! The SLV & GLD Game Is Rigged!

WES
    Participant

Dr. D:

Your on fire today!

Isn’t green so lovely!

zerosum
    Participant

“…..holding completely different baseline perceptions of reality ….”

Irrelevant ….

Truth
    Facts
    Knowledge
    Lies

Relevant ….

Emotions
    Beliefs

Fact

Trump failed to succeed in making an insurrection.
    Nobody has been charged with insurrection.

https://www.insider.com/all-the-us-capitol-pro-trump-riot-arrests-charges-names-2021-1
    Capitol insurrection arrests made in 2021

Page 1 of 33
    search in table for charges for insurrection, or riot, or attack – result – zero, nada
    ——
    https://amgreatness.com/2021/02/14/the-new-york-times-retracts-the-sicknick-story/
    By Julie Kelly
    February 14, 2021
    the New York Times backed away from its original report that Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick was killed by a Trump supporter wielding a fire extinguisher during the January 6 melee at the Capitol building.

By Marc Santora, Megan Specia and Mike Baker
    Published Jan. 8, 2021
    Updated Feb. 12, 2021
    Law enforcement officials initially said Mr. Sicknick was struck with a fire extinguisher, but weeks later, police sources and investigators were at odds over whether he was hit. Medical experts have said he did not die of blunt force trauma, according to one law enforcement official.

“He returned to his division office and collapsed,” the Capitol Police said in the statement. “He was taken to a local hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.”
    The officer’s death brings the fatalities from Wednesday’s mayhem to five. One participant in the pro-Trump rampage, Ashli Babbitt, was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer inside the building as she climbed through a broken window leading to the Speaker’s Lobby. Three other people died after experiencing what were believed to be medical emergencies in the area around the Capitol, the police said.

zerosum
    Participant

Important – freezing banana trees

absolute galore
    Participant

Such a clean, serene palette from Van Gogh. I love the extreme offset of the figures, too. I’ll take this over some of his more famous works, please. Thank you.

While I have definitely gotten on board with supplemental Vitamin D, and I am seriously thinking about ordering some Ivermectin from India, I am not giving up my baguettes and spaghetti and meatballs any time soon. Or my mashed potatoes or rice and beans or occasional bowl of locally made ice cream. This whole concept of anti-aging, and food restrictions, diets, etc. strikes me as anti-life in a way. Since industrial society got into full swing, there have always been these cure all live forever tenets based on the food we ingest. Sure, eat your greens, watch the sugar, and don’t be a glutton. But celebrate the bounty of a fresh baked loaf of bread and don’t stress over a yummy dessert. Who really wants to live much past 80 anyway? Especially these days.,.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Environmentalists have highlighted important problems brought about in large part by our excess consumption of resources. The solutions proposed have in some cases been flawed, but the issues identified by environmentalists are correct:
    1) pollution of air, water and land by all manner of stuff, the worst being man-made chemicals that do not exist in nature (of which there are tens of thousands)
    2) Loss of habitat for other species, resulting in their decline (due to pollution or excess land consumption by humans).
    Most environmentalists receive a pittance for standing up to the deep pocketed wealthy who control government and media.

sumac.carol
    Participant

That note was for you Dr. D.

Dr. D
    Participant

Sure. No need to call it Green now that’s it’s gotten a terrible name. You can get the Right onboard too in seconds by saying we’re God’s stewards or some such. Since they’re already broke, it just puts a nice bow on what they’re already doing anyway.

Here’s how to be a top environmentalist in seconds: STOP BUYING STUFF. There. All done.

It doesn’t need to be highlighted, identified, realized, memed, sloganed, marched, protested, challenged, proposed or identified. It doesn’t need to be discussed, planned, ordered, or blamed. It needs to be ACTED. The Right and 95% of all U.S. counties already can’t afford to buy anything, they’re safe. If the Left and the 12 remaining cities can be guilted into it or whatever floats their boat, everybody’s on board: planet saved. You have a wonderful life. Be happy in it as it is. No need to tell others what to do. No need for more. Enjoy it. La Bella Vita.

“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.” — The Yankee motto

How about “never buy new, and do without”?

Dr. D
    Participant

Not why I’m here.

“Biden gets his first chance to fully exercise his power, The new President is already moving aggressively to fill the post-Trump vacuum” –CNN

Because, “CNN”, mind-mending, non-sequitur, lie, but Whiskey Tango? CNN, do you LIKE shrinking Joe?

So a month in and Biden’s done nothing according to CNN?

Biden just signed 100 executive orders, this is not an exercise of power? No? They meant nothing, have no merit or force according to CNN?

There was a vacuum of power? Did I miss this like the siege, or is it by definition totally not true like the siege? When was there a vacuum? One guy walked out, one guy walked in according to you. So was Trump so mild he creates a “cone of silence” around him, or is Biden so small and hapless HE creates a vacuum? He has to move as ‘aggressively’ as he’s able just to not have the walls close in?

Out here in the real world, there was no vacuum at all. One guy left. One guy sat down. Like always. +50 times in a row. But the real world is not CNN. “CNN: We Make S–t Up. All day, every day. Can’t shut up.”

Jawdropping, had to share. So when do they get rid of him for bad reality show ratings?

upstateNYer
    Participant

I’m with you, @absolute galore!! Apparently I’ve been “intermittent fasting” my entire adult life. (Who knew?) I generally eat only twice a day. One small meal midday and a large meal in the evening. I’m somewhat hungry in between … so what?? I like being a bit hungry. Keeps me sharp. (Where did we get this idea we always have to be comfortable?) I also eat carbs, although have never been overly addicted to the complex carbs (is that what bread and pasta is?). But fresh, real bread slathered with grass-fed butter? Would not give it up. lol. I don’t think we’re designed to graze all day. That’s my 2 cents.

My vitamin/supplements are those recommended by Dr John Day. I just received my ivermectin from India (from Kachhela, as recommended in Dr John Day’s link). Easy to order, and it’s my first experience with overseas direct ordering so I’m no pro. The boxes are sealed, the tablets inside are in blister packs. Dirt cheap to buy so I bought a lot. Plan on giving it away if family/friends decide to go this route. So far only my daughter is onboard with taking ivermectin if sick, not as a prophylactic. Ya take what you can get when hoping to convince others that there are alternatives.

Huskynut
    Participant

@WES
    BullionStar in Singapore still have plenty of silver of various sizes (oz through 1000oz bars) if you’re buying. The trick is to search their site in SGP dollars (other currencies don’t show all their stock.

IMO SLV is just one of many fault lines in the “market”.. where will the next quake be…?!

WES
    Participant

Huskynut:

The Reddit/Robinhood silver squeese craze was really only a US thing.
    The rest of the world already respects the value of silver (and gold).

V. Arnold
    Participant

Interesting documentary on RT about black Americans who emigrated to Russia in the 30’s.
    A part of Black American History few know of, including me. A fascinating view IMO…

kultsommer
    Participant

@ Arnold
    Unless already familiar – wiki search Alexander Pushkin.

V. Arnold
    Participant

I read a Britanica Encyclopedia bio on Alexander Pushkin; very informative/interesting…
    Most of it was new information for me, thanks a bunch for the suggestion…

So if I stay hungry all the time I’ll live longer? Better health through deprivation? That sounds familiar.
    Will I get a choice?

So we know that if you lack vitamin D you may get rickets, so we set the bar for how much you need at 400-800 IUs/day, and you don’t get rickets. Now it seems if you get 5000 IUs/day you don’t get seasonal illnesses. That is a real buzzkill for BigMed. And for the guy who wants to blot out the Sun to save the planet, it may be a major hurdle to convince people that their one best source of vitamin D is that regal orb he wants to shroud.

So little people- with their “6X” donations- will finally have some influence… un-hunh. Does this mean the big dark money says: “oh, that’s right- little donors are calling the shots now. We’ll just step aside.”

VietnamVet
    Participant

I have only been in Texas in its airports and traveling on Amtrak. I spent a couple nights in El Paso going to Mexico and back to ride the Copper Canyon train in the early 1990s. Texas is big and once was a nation. It has its own power grid; separate from the US regional ones. I take at face value that the Texas Permian Basin Gas Wells are frozen solid. No gas. No gas heating. No gas turbine electrical generation. But I doubt it was environmentalists. I’d bet the real cause is deregulation and energy companies out for the big bucks now switching to cheaper fracked natural gas.

This is tragically typical of the new America, absolutely no planning, no stockpiles, no preparedness for future events — a polar vortex, a pandemic, or the fracked wells drying up faster than predicted.

Germ
    Participant

@UpStateNYer – yup, I’ve used the Indian pharmacy too. Don’t forget to order the azithromycin that is used in conjunction with the IVM. https://tinyurl.com/r7sjn9cb

You may want some of these too in your medicine cabinet!

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-02-09-common-asthma-treatment-reduces-need-hospitalisation-covid-19-patients-study

https://www.ciplamed.com/content/budecort-inhaler

John Day
    Participant

Go Germ!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.